The Walking Dead - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-06-2010, 07:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I didn't see a thread for it...did anyone else watch it? Has anyone read the graphic novels? Graphic novels aren't usually my thing so I haven't read them but I did watch the premiere from last Sunday. I don't know...it seemed kinda slow and didn't grab me. Yet anyway but I'll give it another episode or two.

Allison, mom to ds born May 2002
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2010, 10:39 PM

I liked it. I'm looking forward to tonight. I'm not a big fan of the zombie genre, but DH was watching and I got pulled in. I like that it was kinda slow, slow in the sense that there wasn't zombie violence every minute.

But there were still parts I had to plug my ears and have the pillow over my face.

An introvert and ain't ashamed of it!  love.gif
Old 11-08-2010, 09:39 AM - Thread Starter

Yes, I don't need a lot of zombie violence. And what there was was enough thank you very much! Very gory. Which I can watch as long as there is enough other story and character development going on. I think I meant in the sense of learning about the characters. I didn't find we learned very much. To watch a show I need to care about the characters and these I didn't - yet anyway. I don't have cable so I will have to watch online sometime this week. Did you watch last night?

Old 11-08-2010, 11:21 AM

DH and I really like this show! It's almost too scary and gory for me to handle, but I can't tear my eyes away from the screen. I'm starting to really like some of the characters, it usually takes a couple episodes to get very attached. I really like the Asian guy, I think his name is Glenn? DH and I have fun asking each other, what would you do?? Unfortunately, I have to say, I'd probably have taken myself out by now rather than get eaten by zombies!
Old 11-08-2010, 12:41 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Did anyone else find it odd that not once did the cop ask the other guy what the heck happened?

I mean, he wakes up, the world as he knows if has gone crazy, he finds someone who hasn't gone crazy zombie and the first words out of his mouth aren't asking what in hades happened?

They never even seem to discuss it! I couldn't get past that. Drove me batty.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:28 PM

I haven't watched this week's episode yet, as dh is out of town and I might get scared. I'm a big horror fan, though, so I did enjoy the first episode. Everything besides the zombies themselves is very Stephen King-like. I'm a Stephen King fan, so that's a plus for me.
Old 11-08-2010, 06:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcal View Post
Did anyone else find it odd that not once did the cop ask the other guy what the heck happened?
ITA but got over that kind of stuff while watching Lost. I asked that same type of question for 6 flipping years with that show!

Two people I work with are watching and one has read the graphic novels and from what he tells me I think it might get really good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzjo
Unfortunately, I have to say, I'd probably have taken myself out by now rather than get eaten by zombies!
I am with you there!

Old 11-10-2010, 07:15 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I really like the show so far.  I have a lot of common sense issues, like why aren't they carrying packs with food, surely in a city like that they would have been able to gather supplies and more weapons before things got too bad.  

I almost felt bad for the guy they left on the roof.  But he would have easily left any of them so whatever.  Oh and when Glenn drove out of town with the car alarm blaring....um, if noise attracts them it probably would have been wise to stop and disarm that thing before heading into new territory.  If I get baby poo on my hand I can still smell it hours later no matter how much I wash my hands.  A little rain shower and the smell of dead rotting zombie guts is washed away in 20 seconds?  Yea, no.  

It is moving kind of slow too.

But there isn't anything new and exciting to hold my interest right now, so I'll stick with it.

Old 11-10-2010, 10:04 AM

I may be in love with Andrew Lincoln (and I'm not a swoon over celebs type,) so this show has me hooked nice and tight.

Mother to R- 2/09, & C- 5/11

Old 11-10-2010, 03:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamalisa View Post

I really like the show so far.  I have a lot of common sense issues, like why aren't they carrying packs with food, surely in a city like that they would have been able to gather supplies and more weapons before things got too bad.  

I almost felt bad for the guy they left on the roof.  But he would have easily left any of them so whatever.  Oh and when Glenn drove out of town with the car alarm blaring....um, if noise attracts them it probably would have been wise to stop and disarm that thing before heading into new territory.  If I get baby poo on my hand I can still smell it hours later no matter how much I wash my hands.  A little rain shower and the smell of dead rotting zombie guts is washed away in 20 seconds?  Yea, no.  

Yep, I was particularly wondering about Glenn driving out of the city with the car alarm.  I kept thinking what is he going to do - drive all the way to where they are camped? I do really like his character.  Agree about the guy on the roof (Merrell or something?).  I think the guy who dropped the key will have issues to deal with about that.

I also kept thinking instead of looking at necklaces I would have been busy freaking out about the zombies trying to break in and eat me.  But that was a little touching scene.

Definitely this episode was better and has me wanting to watch more!

Old 11-13-2010, 12:26 PM

OK, editing because maybe this is a spoiler if you haven't started watching yet.  It's a curiosity question, it's in white color font, select it to read, not sure how to do a real spoiler tag.

start>

I watched the second ep, and I am wondering about the main cop's wife and his partner.  So, did the relationship btw them start after the zombie incident, or do you think they were having an affair beforehand?  I just wonder because they seem really hot and heavy, and if it were something that started after the zombie incident it seems like it would take longer to develop, not quite so quick - which just makes me wonder if they've been having an affair for awhile, before the zombies.<end 

I missed part of the first ep though, not sure if anything was explained (prolly not, lol).

Anyway, can't wait for Sunday!  DH and I are totally hooked. 

An introvert and ain't ashamed of it!  love.gif
Old 11-13-2010, 04:07 PM - Thread Starter

It was not explained and I am wondering the same thing you are Tellera!

Old 11-15-2010, 04:37 AM

I really liked last night's episode! More emotional, less terrifying. I so would not go back for the bad guy (is it Merle?) inhumane or not. Those two brothers together would put the entire camp at so much risk. But I understand going back for the guns, and the man & son from the first episode, if they are headed to Atlanta, they have to be stopped. Do you think the wife and partner had something going on before all this happened? I'm saying no because I want to like them!

Did I hear right, there's only going to be six episodes altogether???

Old 11-16-2010, 06:47 AM

I thought it was indicated that the only reason the cop's wife got involved with his partner was because he told her that her husband was dead. So, it seems to me that the affair started after the initial zombie attack.

Also, there are 6 episodes/season. So, 3 more for this season. I would like to know how long we'll have to wait for season 2 to start.

Old 11-17-2010, 03:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodlebugsmom View Post

I thought it was indicated that the only reason the cop's wife got involved with his partner was because he told her that her husband was dead. So, it seems to me that the affair started after the initial zombie attack.

Also, there are 6 episodes/season. So, 3 more for this season. I would like to know how long we'll have to wait for season 2 to start.

That was definitely made clear in the 3rd episode which I just watched.  I hadn't been sure before.

Generally it's a year between seasons...hopefully season 2 will be next fall.  But you never know!

Old 11-18-2010, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiecat View Post

That was definitely made clear in the 3rd episode which I just watched.  I hadn't been sure before.

Generally it's a year between seasons...hopefully season 2 will be next fall.  But you never know!

Word is that season 2 will start next October. The upside is that it will be 13 episodes instead of 6!

Old 11-18-2010, 06:08 AM

I'm loving this show! I really appreciate how they're dealing with the emotional aspects of a zombie apocalypse, and not just doing the whole Resident Evil - shoot 'em up thing. Love the script and the acting! Enjoying the character development. I'm usually hugely critical of shows and movies, but I can't complain about this one a bit! It's exactly what I want from a zombie series!

You can find me on Facebook. PM for info.
Old 11-23-2010, 11:16 AM

I watched this week's episode last night, and dreamed all night that I was killing zombies. Crazy. yikes2.gif

Old 11-28-2010, 07:04 PM

We LOVE this show!

Just drank two cups of coffee to stay up tonight to watch it ---- because apparently I'm a huge loser who can't stay up past 10

blogging.jpg    fambedsingle2.gif  homebirth.jpg  read.gif  happy momma to DD 8/07 and DS 6/10
Old 11-29-2010, 02:14 PM

A really great series - I'm proud of you AMC!  Anyway, I just saw this morning that they are going do another 13 episodes next year!

"Lawyers, I suppose, were children once." Charles Lamb.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:42 PM - Thread Starter

I really enjoyed the last 3 episodes and was really excited by the season finale.  Can't wait to see more next year!

Old 11-08-2011, 05:06 AM

Anyone watching season 2?

Old 11-08-2011, 05:42 AM

I am but I'm about a week behind... I have about a month's worth of shows I need to watch off the DVR first lol

I'm Andrea - I have three boys - 12 year old twins & an 11 year old

Old 11-08-2011, 06:39 AM

I am, but I haven't watched this week's episode yet. I hope to watch it tonight. The pace is a little slow for me this season, but I'm still watching.

Old 11-08-2011, 10:44 AM

DH and I are watching season 2 (first time in years that we've actually had the time to watch a series and are enjoying it too!). 

I think the season 2 has probably started off a little slow because the writers are building stories with the characters.  I think this is important if the show is to go into any depth character/story-wise.  The way I look at it is that the zombies are merely just a backdrop for the human drama.  The zombies provide the circumstance but what really is important (to me at least) is the moral and ethical issues that arise as well as the development of human relationships.  I'm hooked.

"Lawyers, I suppose, were children once." Charles Lamb.
Old 11-08-2011, 11:31 AM - Thread Starter

I am liking this season a lot more than last year mostly because of the character development going on. IMO they were way too slow getting to it. Apparently they are only showing 6 episodes now and the other 6 will start in February. I hate that!

Old 11-08-2011, 11:35 AM

DH told me today that they were signed on for season 3 already.

loving a small homestead with DH and DS (12/2005) keeping it natural, frugal and back to basics :
Old 11-11-2011, 11:24 AM

I still really like this show! People on another forum I frequent were complaining about not enough zombie action, but as somebody above said, I think the zombies are just the background for the human drama. I love that it's not all terror and gore, and I'm really getting into some of the story lines. This show is truly unique!

Old 11-13-2011, 01:13 PM

finally watched last week... has anyone read the graphic novels - seems like they are trying to get the story a little more lined up...?

I'm Andrea - I have three boys - 12 year old twins & an 11 year old

Old 11-14-2011, 05:36 AM - Thread Starter

I haven't read the books but a co-worker has and I hear a lot (of complaining) from him about how they are different! I really wonder where they are going to go with it.

I didn't think last week's episode was that great. Very slow and also didn't make sense about the zombie in the well. Why did they bother pulling him out since they weren't drinking the water anyway?

User Tag List