Any Castle fans? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 40 Old 11-15-2010, 07:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

After hearing Castle mentioned on a podcast, I was watching season 1 on Netflix.  I like it, Richard Castle is so funny.  The episode I watched last night showed him sitting the cop car pretending to talk on the radio and "drive" while no one was watching.

Mom to DS, born fall 05 after ,,, wife/best friend to DH We have
#2 of 40 Old 11-16-2010, 06:51 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I also really enjoy the show.  Nathan Fillion is wonderfully entertaining and the storylines are great. 

I haven't watched every episode, but when I am home on a Monday with some free time, I am definitely watching Castle. 

Oh, and I really like his relationship with his daughter. 

#3 of 40 Old 11-16-2010, 12:12 PM

My DH and I DVR Castle, and sometimes we actually get around to watching it the same week it airs.  I like the mysteries and it still has light and funny moments.  His relationship with his daughter is great too.  I love that he's a dad who isn't portrayed like a complete idiot as is the case with so many other shows.

#4 of 40 Old 11-17-2010, 11:36 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann15 View Post

My DH and I DVR Castle, and sometimes we actually get around to watching it the same week it airs.  I like the mysteries and it still has light and funny moments.  His relationship with his daughter is great too.  I love that he's a dad who isn't portrayed like a complete idiot as is the case with so many other shows.

That is the element I couldn't put my finger on!  So true.

I am excited, the next DVD should arrive tomorrow!

#5 of 40 Old 11-17-2010, 11:58 AM

DH and I love Castle.  Especially the little mentions of some of Nathan Fillion's acting past :)

I love Castle's interactions with his daughter and mother.  The three of them are great.

No one has mentioned it yet, but, personally, I'm a HUGE fan of Ryan and Esposito. They crack me up!

Pregnant and/or Breastfeeding since 2005
Mama to two girls: 5/06 and 3/09
#6 of 40 Old 11-19-2010, 10:41 PM

Dh and I also love Castle. Woodchick - I agree, Ryan and Esposito are hysterical. And I also agree with everyone ... the relationship between Castle and his daughter is wonderful, and his mother adds even more. We DVR it, but most of the time we'll watch it on Monday nights. 

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
#7 of 40 Old 11-19-2010, 11:48 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Watching Castle with my teens has been the highlight of fall around here.

#8 of 40 Old 11-21-2010, 06:35 PM

I love Castle too!  I only started watching it because it was one of the only shows that mildly appealed to me and was available as a free download from the cable channel's website, but I've become totally hooked.  I loved the bit in last week's episode when he said something in Chinese and Beckett was all, "Where did THAT come from" and he said "Oh, just a tv show I used to like."  HA!!! 

I too love his relationship with his daughter - and his mom - and I also like the way he still has a complicated relationship with his ex-wife. 

Postpartum doula & certified breastfeeding educator, mama to an amazing girl (11/05) and a wee little boy (3/13).

#9 of 40 Old 11-28-2010, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spughy View Post

I love Castle too!  I only started watching it because it was one of the only shows that mildly appealed to me and was available as a free download from the cable channel's website, but I've become totally hooked.  I loved the bit in last week's episode when he said something in Chinese and Beckett was all, "Where did THAT come from" and he said "Oh, just a tv show I used to like."  HA!!

I too love his relationship with his daughter - and his mom - and I also like the way he still has a complicated relationship with his ex-wife. 

I loved that little homage to Firefly!  On the Halloween ep of the 1st season he comes out of his room in his Captain Mal costume and his daughter asks what he's dressed as and he answers "Space cowboy!"  She tells him that "that's so 5 years ago" ROTFLMAO.gif

I love Nathan Fillion.  I originally started watching because he was in it, but I really love the other characters now.

Kristy, wife to Josh proud mama to Katie: since 3/08 and Emma since 8/12.

#10 of 40 Old 12-02-2010, 01:58 PM

We're in agreement in this house that Summer Glau needs to have a cameo on Castle. 

Someone moved my effing cheese.
#11 of 40 Old 12-02-2010, 02:45 PM

See, it was on a bad day for us and DH didn't always DVR it, so we ended up not watching. (Although I really enjoyed the episodes I did watch.)  I think I need the first season for Christmas!  Time to give DH some hints. 

I think Nathan Fillion is one of the most handsome men in the world, and I usually always end up liking whatever he is in.  (Sigh...)

BeckyBird likes this.
#12 of 40 Old 12-03-2010, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by journeymom View Post

We're in agreement in this house that Summer Glau needs to have a cameo on Castle. 

YES!  That would be SO awesome.  Christina Hendricks & Gina Torres wouldn't be wrong either.

Postpartum doula & certified breastfeeding educator, mama to an amazing girl (11/05) and a wee little boy (3/13).

#13 of 40 Old 12-05-2010, 09:08 PM

He's apparently among People magazine's sexiest men alive but only, says he, because of good lighting, clever makeup artists, and special computers. ROTFLMAO.gifI think that's why we love him so.

journeymom likes this.
#14 of 40 Old 12-06-2010, 11:10 AM

We're watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer for the first time and Caleb the evil priest has just been introduced. He's horrible! I've never seen Nathan Fillion play a bad guy before. cold.gif

#15 of 40 Old 12-11-2010, 10:40 AM

Nathan's great, the character was horrible. He's certainly more endearing in his goofy comedic roles. 

The Facebook feed for Castle revealed some spoilers. That makes me mad but I'm still looking forward to it. 

#16 of 40 Old 01-01-2011, 09:17 AM

DH bought me the first season for Christmas.  We've been watching all week.smile.gif

Does anyone know what season they are currently on?  I'm guessing #3, but I'm not sure.

#17 of 40 Old 01-03-2011, 06:56 PM

You are a lucky duck. thumb.gif

Yes, episode 11 of season 3 is tonight.

#18 of 40 Old 01-04-2011, 10:23 AM - Thread Starter

I just finished the last of the season 2 dvds and am now :(   that I need to wait for season 3 to go to DVD.  I already saved it in my Netflix list.  DH passed by it on regular tv the other night and said "hey, Castle!" and I yelled to turn it because I don't want to watch ahead.

#19 of 40 Old 01-04-2011, 02:44 PM

I'm mad because the last episode of the first season is sort of a cliffhanger!

Ugh!  Now I need season 2!

I won't watch the current season either until I catch up.  I doubt that will happen for this season. Maybe I'll be ready for season 4.

#20 of 40 Old 01-05-2011, 09:52 AM

Fun episode last night!  Great to get a Castle fix. Detective Ryan's proposal made me all teary-eyed.  (Though that isn't actually saying much, as I tear up at the drop of a hat.)

#21 of 40 Old 01-19-2011, 07:59 PM

Just had to bump this up as we recently discovered Castle too!  I was a great fan of Firefly so this is just perfect.  I love Nathan's character.  I do have a little quibble though.  Does anyone else think that his on-screen daughter Alexis is a little "too good to be true"? 

I love the chemistry between Nathan and Stana.  I'm also so proud that they're both Cdn, or at least have Cdn ties.love.gif

Mama to Emma (7) and Sarah (5)

#22 of 40 Old 01-19-2011, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellp View Post

I do have a little quibble though.  Does anyone else think that his on-screen daughter Alexis is a little "too good to be true"? 

Well, this is fiction! And they have written in that he wasn't always wealthy and that he was essentially her "nanny" because her mom was absent and he could write while watching her.

#23 of 40 Old 02-22-2011, 11:01 AM

Hello...?[listens to the crickets]

Anybody see last night's episode, part one of the two parter?  I thought it was exceptionally good. I was struck by what a good actor Adrian Pasdar is. My daughter says there was a Firefly reference, but I missed it.  What was it?

#24 of 40 Old 02-22-2011, 05:51 PM

We watched it; dh said we should have held off until next week and then watched both parts back-to-back. It was a good show, but what was Castle thinking going into a storage container? 

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
#25 of 40 Old 02-23-2011, 11:32 AM

Big metal thing block bullets?  :)

The Firefly reference was in the name of the spa that Martha was going to. It contained the word Serenity. She asked if he knew serenity and Nathan managed to make a carefully neutral face IMHO.

Adrian Pasdar was good but I still kept expecting him to fly away. 

As for the story. I liked that it was suspenseful and it played to Rick's strengths - thinking of things in different ways. But it just doesn't seem like there are enough people working on a case like this. Even if the show can't afford to illustrate this with tons of extras there should be some reference made to it. 

I'm vaguely ashamed of myself for bringing so much fan baggage to this show. 

journeymom likes this.
#26 of 40 Old 02-26-2011, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masel View Post

The Firefly reference was in the name of the spa that Martha was going to. It contained the word Serenity. She asked if he knew serenity and Nathan managed to make a carefully neutral face IMHO.

DH and I just found a minute to watch...we LOVED his face when she mentioned Serenity!  I'm all for playing to the fans!  I think it is great because DH and I get the fun references, but my mom watches, too, and she doesn't even realize that they're making jokes. She loves it.

But every time Mom mentions the show she says, "That guy...Nathan something... he used to be on a soap opera..." 

#27 of 40 Old 02-27-2011, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masel View Post

Yep, funny.

I was disappointed in the episode for Beckett calling the HS guy a "douche".. I really don't like that as an insult.

#28 of 40 Old 02-28-2011, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Does anyone else think that his on-screen daughter Alexis is a little "too good to be true"?

Yes, except that my 16 y.o. daughter likes that story line and identifies with Alexis's teasing relationship with Castle, her dad.  I can't be too unhappy that my dd identifies with such healthy tv character. 
But I agree, she's pretty sensible compared to the teen girls I know. 

#29 of 40 Old 03-02-2011, 01:34 PM

Love this show, Love NH (have since Firefly- he's my get out of jail free card :)  ) 

I love this show and I love the chemistry between all the characters.  They just feel right!!  I loved this last two parter   BUT...

Spoilers ahead

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

I hated how when they were rescued from the freezer Beckett found it as a good reason to spend more time with Josh.  I wish they would both grow up (Castle and Beckett) and get together.  I know everyone thinks this would be "jumping the shark,"  but I think that the writers are so good that they could really work it.  And we are in season 3 for goodness sakes- Even though the cat and mouse is fun and the tension is definitely sexy- Enough Already!!!

I also loved how Castle pulled the "Dad Card" when talking to Alexis and Martha about leaving town. 

I JUST LOVE THIS SHOW!!joy.gif

Julieknit.gif, DP to modifiedartist.gif, mama to DD (7)dust.gif , and DS (5)joy.gif

#30 of 40 Old 03-03-2011, 05:13 PM

We really enjoyed this last episode!  I thought the ending was appropriate for the series.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page