Big Love Season 5.........ITS COMING! 1/16/2011 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 150 Old 01-04-2011, 11:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

And HOLY CROW, I just read its the final season. 

DISH LADIES.  Thoughts? expectations?

I am soooo interested to see where this all goes.  Last seasons finale just didnt seem real.  Dream sequence?  HAHAHA!!!

#2 of 150 Old 01-04-2011, 07:43 PM

I hope the last episode of the previous season was a dream sequence. I thought  him coming out was totally unrealistic. I saw the trailer on line and am super excited about it. I hope Margene will leave the family. She can make it on her own and I think she's got more of her motherin her than she'd like to admit. I see Nikki (she's my favorite) becoming more independent and closer to Bill.

#3 of 150 Old 01-05-2011, 06:48 AM

urgh, we don't have HBO anymore and are not likely to get it in time!  It's going to kill me not knowing what's happening! 

#4 of 150 Old 01-05-2011, 10:46 AM

Hopefully you can see the episodes online afterward on hulu or another site :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awaken View Post

urgh, we don't have HBO anymore and are not likely to get it in time!  It's going to kill me not knowing what's happening! 

#5 of 150 Old 01-05-2011, 11:17 AM

And just in time too!  I ran through all the Boardwalk Empire episodes On Demand and now I have nothing to make the ironing time go faster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbailey View Post

I hope the last episode of the previous season was a dream sequence. I thought  him coming out was totally unrealistic. I saw the trailer on line and am super excited about it. I hope Margene will leave the family. She can make it on her own and I think she's got more of her motherin her than she'd like to admit. I see Nikki (she's my favorite) becoming more independent and closer to Bill.

Agree on both.  Bill has become just so full of himself that I could also see Barb breaking away too now that they (the entire family) is no longer living like they used to.

Mom to DS, born fall 05 after ,,, wife/best friend to DH We have
#6 of 150 Old 01-06-2011, 05:59 PM

Yay, so excited that it's almost here. I'm a little sad that this will be the final season, but I guess they really don't have anywhere to take the show. Last season got a little tiresome towards the end. I hope this one turns out better.

#7 of 150 Old 01-06-2011, 06:37 PM

I really love this show and I'm hopeful this season will be better.  It seems to be universally agreed that last season was awful.  I predict the family will break up in the end.  Not to be a downer but I guess I'm having a hard time seeing how that doesn't happen given the direction everyone is going.

Mama to DS (6/07) h20homebirth.gif, DD (6/09) h20homebirth.gif, and DD (07/12) homebirth.jpg..

#8 of 150 Old 01-10-2011, 04:22 PM

Just got free HBO out of Comcast for 6 months **Happy Dance**

Mama to DS (6/07) h20homebirth.gif, DD (6/09) h20homebirth.gif, and DD (07/12) homebirth.jpg..

#9 of 150 Old 01-10-2011, 04:53 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I can't wait!

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
13yo ds   10yo dd  8yo ds and 6yo ds and 1yo ds  
#10 of 150 Old 01-12-2011, 07:11 AM

We don't have HBO, either. I generally wait until it comes on DVD. It'll be hard to wait though this time: I'm really curious as to whether Bill coming out was "real."

Partner to Rbikenew.gif ('03); Parent to T read.gif('07), Aviolin.gif ('10), and E ecbaby2.gif ('13)

femalesling.GIFhomeschool.gifchicken3.gifhomebirth.jpgnak.gif 

#11 of 150 Old 01-12-2011, 04:51 PM

Is there anyway to watch this online?  I got rid of HBO after last season knowing I wasn't going to watch HBO until this season, but wondering if there is a way to not have to order HBO...just tried Hulu but nothing but clips...any suggestions?

Mama to Jack (12/7/06) & Liam (4/3/08) & Iris Hope (10/6/10)
#12 of 150 Old 01-15-2011, 01:28 PM

I would check hulu after the new season starts tomorrow. You can also try youtube but if you have to catch it quickly because it would most likely be removed. Also try yidio.com on Monday.

I'm really excited for the show tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueIrises View Post

Is there anyway to watch this online?  I got rid of HBO after last season knowing I wasn't going to watch HBO until this season, but wondering if there is a way to not have to order HBO...just tried Hulu but nothing but clips...any suggestions?

#13 of 150 Old 01-16-2011, 05:06 PM

4 loads of laundry just waiting to be folded so I can justify a whole hour in front of the TV tonight biggrinbounce.gif

#14 of 150 Old 01-17-2011, 04:28 AM - Thread Starter

ok, well.  That was....interesting.  I see the writers are back to jumping all over the place.  Anyone notice each scene doesnt last more then 2 minutes?  And what was with Barb dressed as Charlie Chaplain in the begining?  She even had the mustache. 

Nikki is back to driving me INSANE.  Her ridiculous double-standards make me want to throw her threw a window.  I do like how she finally lost the prairie garb though.  No offense to anyone whose into that type of style. 

Bills revelation was AWSOME.  His arrogance was really brining to wear on me.  Ive never been a huge fan of bill paxton, but that was a good scene IMO. 

So who else has any opinions about last night.  They have lots of things to tie together before the end of the season. 

OH, and I really want Alby's wife to take her freaking kids and get the heck out of dodge, because hes going to pull a murder/suicide "cleansing" ritual.  I can just FEEL it. 

#15 of 150 Old 01-17-2011, 02:20 PM

I liked it a lot. I personally think the only way the series is ending is with Bill as the prophet of juniper creek... so it sort of doesn't matter *what* happens along the way... with that theory in my head I'm just enjoying the show for what it is

I'm Andrea - I have three boys - 12 year old twins & an 11 year old

#16 of 150 Old 01-18-2011, 07:46 AM

Yeah, what was up with Barb's outfit?

I don't know about the first episode.  Sort of gave me a headache.

I think Barb has a foot and a half out the door.  Is Teeny living with Sarah?

#17 of 150 Old 01-18-2011, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caneel View Post
  Is Teeny living with Sarah?

that's what barb said

I'm Andrea - I have three boys - 12 year old twins & an 11 year old

#18 of 150 Old 01-18-2011, 06:42 PM

I don't know, it jumped the shark awhile ago but last season was just, well there are no words for what a mess that was. All along I never could figure out how anyone could love nikki anyway she is just insane. What was with Barb dressing up like Harpo? The bullys story was such a blatant cliché that I don't even know what to say. I'm glad it's the last season.

#19 of 150 Old 01-18-2011, 10:08 PM

I love Nikki's character but was disappointed that she just wouldn't admit she confronted the bully. Barb irritates me as much this last season as she always has.She's so annoying and self-righteous. I would love for Margene to have an affair with the Grant Show character (I've thought he was a hottie since Melrose Place).

I think ending it with Bill as the prophet of Juniper Creek would be a great ending. Either that or he should be killed.

Did anyone understand the scene with Goran and Anna? I think I missed something. Was Bill giving up his rights as a father and having them both sent back to their country?

#20 of 150 Old 01-19-2011, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Did anyone understand the scene with Goran and Anna? I think I missed something. Was Bill giving up his rights as a father and having them both sent back to their country?

I think he was just getting the marriage to Margene dissolved and basically Goran was agreeing to leave the country instead of being prosecuted for getting married to get a green card.  Bill seems to be torn about the baby thing.  He was all business until Anna mentioned the baby was a boy.  Anna needs to take off for her own sake. 

#21 of 150 Old 01-19-2011, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom327 View Post

Quote:

I think he was just getting the marriage to Margene dissolved and basically Goran was agreeing to leave the country instead of being prosecuted for getting married to get a green card.  Bill seems to be torn about the baby thing.  He was all business until Anna mentioned the baby was a boy.  Anna needs to take off for her own sake. 

Absolutely!  Get the heck out of town (or the country) before the baby is born.

I had completely forgot that Nikki's mom touched the house with JJ and his wife in it.    Whose egg+sperm is implanted in her?

#22 of 150 Old 01-19-2011, 07:58 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caneel View Post

Quote:

Quote:

Absolutely!  Get the heck out of town (or the country) before the baby is born.

I had completely forgot that Nikki's mom touched the house with JJ and his wife in it.    Whose egg+sperm is implanted in her?

I think its JJs and Nikkis daughters.  Cant think of her name right now.  Or maybe it is JJs and Wandas.  And BTW, where the heck is Joey and Wanda?  I cant remember what was going on with them at the end of last season.  I need a recap. 

#23 of 150 Old 01-20-2011, 09:05 AM
pjs

Can someone pm me on where I can watch online?

Thx!
#24 of 150 Old 01-20-2011, 12:23 PM

Thanks! Also agree with you regarding Anna.

Quote:

Quote:

#25 of 150 Old 01-24-2011, 05:13 AM

Anyone watch last night? I've normally found Barb to be intolerable but I feel for her this season and the rest of the women. Margene though is starting to bug me. Is there something in that juice she's trying to sell?

I'm so excited to see how things are going to end this final season.

#26 of 150 Old 01-24-2011, 06:43 AM

What got to me last night was how much Bill takes Barb for granted.  At the end of the show he is dealing with Anna and Margene.  Meanwhile Barb seems to have one foot out the door  and he's not particularly concerned.

#27 of 150 Old 01-24-2011, 10:13 PM

The way it's currently going, it seems like only Nicki would stay long term.  I don't think she can function outside of the "rules".  As much as I think part of her wants to break away, she needs the rules to feel safe.  Having lived in that area, I'm just not buying the Bill as senator story line.  I think the stomping he'd be taking would be much more quick and thorough.  I suppose though that in the timeline on the show, he hasn't even been seated as a senator yet so there's still time for reality to set in.

I think the story lines concerning Barb and Margene though are so sad.  They're both spinning out of control (well I don't think Barb is out of control but given her background she's likely to feel that way).

I love how Bill compromises as soon as anything presents a threat.  His son is interested in Margene so he sends him away.  Anna is trying to get Margene away so he sends her away despite the fact that he's sending his kid away too.  He's a piece of work.  His sense of right and wrong is so twisted and I completely agree he takes Barb for granted.

#28 of 150 Old 01-25-2011, 07:49 AM

He takes her for granted big time. DH says Bill is narcissistic. He's definitely selfish and it's all about him. I think he's always counted on Barb to be there. Her mothers comments about Bill are spot on. I feel like Barb wants her mother to say, "come stay with me! Leave!" She's afraid to do it. She's so used to her life she's probably afraid to live any other way. Bill doesn't take her feelings into concern at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyBNY View Post

What got to me last night was how much Bill takes Barb for granted.  At the end of the show he is dealing with Anna and Margene.  Meanwhile Barb seems to have one foot out the door  and he's not particularly concerned.

#29 of 150 Old 01-25-2011, 08:21 AM

You'd think Bill would notice that with all of her kids gone she doesn't have much left to stay for besides herself and that's drifting away very fast.  I can't imagine what would happen if some nice guy (like that Tommy guy) came along and started being nice to her at this point.

Quote:

He takes her for granted big time. DH says Bill is narcissistic. He's definitely selfish and it's all about him. I think he's always counted on Barb to be there. Her mothers comments about Bill are spot on. I feel like Barb wants her mother to say, "come stay with me! Leave!" She's afraid to do it. She's so used to her life she's probably afraid to live any other way. Bill doesn't take her feelings into concern at all.

Quote:

#30 of 150 Old 01-25-2011, 10:58 AM

Quote:

You'd think Bill would notice that with all of her kids gone she doesn't have much left to stay for besides herself and that's drifting away very fast.  I can't imagine what would happen if some nice guy (like that Tommy guy) came along and started being nice to her at this point.

Quote:

Quote:

I was just thinking the same thing about Barb - her last child at home had to be sent away because of Bill's selfish choice to out themselves. I wouldn't be surprised if she ends up moving to California (that's where Sarah and Teeny are, right?) to be with her daughters and start a new life for herself. Margene seems to be completely falling apart greensad.gif. Even Nikki is going through some big changes - telling off her brother in public and attempting to expose the truth about Juniper Creek at that meeting was a huge, huge step for her. Margene pointing out that she's a rape survivor seemed to hit her very hard, too. I actually expect that Nikki might surprise us all and be the first one to break away. I could see her becoming an activist.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page