Heavy - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 01-18-2011, 03:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Did anyone see Heavy last night on A&E?  They take 2 people and help the lose weight... they went to a fitness resort type place for the first month to learn how to eat, work out, etc. and then they go home for the remaining 5 months to do it from home... I loved it.  I like Biggest Loser except when the cattiness starts towards the end, so this was nice- there is no monetary prize or anything- it is about getting their lives back. 

I found the girl on last night's show to have a bad attitude... but she had lots of emotional stuff going on too..and the guy, Thomas, was awesome- so positive and kind.  I wanted to hug him. 

So did anyone else watch?  What did you think?

Kerri, mom to Doran  angel2.gif  (born still 7/6/05 at 33 weeks), Mairaed (11/16/07),  angel1.gif 11/15/08 at 10 weeks,  Kieran (11/2/09).   angel1.gif 1/11/11 at 15 weeks
#2 of 5 Old 01-18-2011, 04:51 AM

I thought it was kind of empty.  IDK, it didn't really show them doing anything or learning anything, but lots of footage of them working out.  No good background info, no follow up, they made the subjects very one dimensional.  Didn't really do it for me, other than the voyeuristic aspect of "omg look at the size of these people".

#3 of 5 Old 01-18-2011, 05:42 PM

It didn't do it for me, either. I would like to see the follow up and the "end", I guess. It seems like the show ended in the middle of the weight loss.

#4 of 5 Old 01-20-2011, 01:03 PM

Hopefully there will be a follow-up show to show how many of the people have done longer term.  I find this show (and other like it) both depressing and uplifting at the same time.  It takes a lot of courage to go public with such a personal issue.

Gazing furtively at you from under my siggie!
#5 of 5 Old 01-20-2011, 03:37 PM - Thread Starter

You all are right... there really wasn't anything about them learning to anything.  I hope they do a follow-up show also. 

Kerri, mom to Doran  angel2.gif  (born still 7/6/05 at 33 weeks), Mairaed (11/16/07),  angel1.gif 11/15/08 at 10 weeks,  Kieran (11/2/09).   angel1.gif 1/11/11 at 15 weeks

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page