Teen Mom 2! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-18-2011, 06:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Anybody watching? I really like that they've moved on to some new girls. I like the originals, but I'm ready for something new.

What did everyone think of the 1st episode?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2011, 07:24 PM

I didn't see the whole episode, but I almost cried when Corey was crying at the end.  I thought he was so lovely in their 16 & Pregnant episode, and I was thrilled to see them highlighted on this show.  Jenelle worries me, I'm keen to see what happens with that situation.

Mummy to two,  vbac.gif winner.jpgsigncirc1.gif
Old 01-18-2011, 11:03 PM

I saw it today. I feel bad for Jace and Jenelle's mom. Sadly, her mother is afraid of her. I shook my head most of her segments.

Old 01-19-2011, 07:17 AM - Thread Starter

Jenelle's segments are hard to watch. In a wierd way, Jenelle's mom enables her, though. They have a strange dynamic going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbailey View Post

I saw it today. I feel bad for Jace and Jenelle's mom. Sadly, her mother is afraid of her. I shook my head most of her segments.

Old 01-19-2011, 10:56 PM

I like the show. I am expecting a little girl in 2 weeks and have been planning on naming her Aubrey this entire pregnancy. Now I see one of the babies on the show has that name. I hope it doesn't become too popular or people think I named my baby after that baby. After the Giants winning the world series everyone thinks I am naming her after Aubrey Huff anyways since were from the SF area. Sometimes you just can't win.

living with alopecia universalis (google it), learning alongside my children DD 2003blahblah.gif DS 2007fencing.gifDD 2011jog.gif

Old 01-19-2011, 11:02 PM

It's nice to see the new group of moms.  I feel bad for all of them since they each have problems right now... though I know that is the point; no one would watch if there wasn't all the drama. 

ribboncesarean.gif cesareans happen.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:42 AM

My dd's name is Aubrey.  I did not know anyone with that name until after I used it.  Also I'm told that their is a Bread song called Aubrey about a girl with a beautiful name.smile.gif

Old 01-20-2011, 01:18 PM

You're right.I think her mother has helped foster her odd sense of entitlement. She curses, screams and when her mother winced when Jenelle got to close to her face, it was bothersome. I can't imagine being afraid of DD or letting her live in my home thinking she's running the show after she's had a child of her own. I saw a pic of them together in a magazine and they looked happy so hopefully they've gotten some help for the dysfunction in that household.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nola79 View Post

Jenelle's segments are hard to watch. In a wierd way, Jenelle's mom enables her, though. They have a strange dynamic going on.

Quote:

Old 01-20-2011, 03:19 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

You're right.I think her mother has helped foster her odd sense of entitlement. She curses, screams and when her mother winced when Jenelle got to close to her face, it was bothersome. I can't imagine being afraid of DD or letting her live in my home thinking she's running the show after she's had a child of her own. I saw a pic of them together in a magazine and they looked happy so hopefully they've gotten some help for the dysfunction in that household.

Quote:

Quote:

Hopefully. Jace will be better off if they can get over their issues. Her mom tells her to take care of her baby, but then stops her when she tries. I mean, I am not on Jenelle's side, but I do see it objectively and it takes two.

Old 01-20-2011, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyBNY View Post

My dd's name is Aubrey.  I did not know anyone with that name until after I used it.  Also I'm told that their is a Bread song called Aubrey about a girl with a beautiful name.smile.gif

Thanks Lizzie I really love the name too.

living with alopecia universalis (google it), learning alongside my children DD 2003blahblah.gif DS 2007fencing.gifDD 2011jog.gif

Old 01-20-2011, 07:53 PM - Thread Starter

Trekkingirl- I love the name Aubrey. I have been liking that name since I was pregnant with my son, who is now 8!

Old 01-21-2011, 02:08 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I think I like Leah the best so far. She really seems to be taking care of her girls and even though she didn't treat Corey well in 16 and Pregnant, it seems like she's trying to work things out.

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
14yo ds   11yo dd  9yo ds and 7yo ds and 2yo ds  
Old 01-21-2011, 07:53 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by phathui5 View Post

I think I like Leah the best so far. She really seems to be taking care of her girls and even though she didn't treat Corey well in 16 and Pregnant, it seems like she's trying to work things out.

Yeah, I really like Leah. She seems to have matured a lot since her 16 and pregnant episode. You can tell she's a good mom, too.

Old 01-21-2011, 11:57 PM

i feel really bad for Jenelle. i mean i'm sort of an existentialist, so yeah it is her choice to be so irresponsible and there are no excuses for that behavior.

but at the same time, it seems like she was never given the skills that she so desperately needs at this point. i think she really does want to be the best mother she can be. i think she believes that she is. but she's totally clueless and instead of helping her her mother just berates her.

photosmile2.gifcavale treehugger.gif*wannabe radical doula*
*plotting with sammodifiedartist.gif until we have our own little ones*
planning to TTC in May '11 (just in time for my birthday!)
Old 01-26-2011, 09:03 PM

oh man this week's episode was hard to watch in regards to Jenelle. I understand that she felt backed into a corner and that's why she signed the custody papers. She strikes me as immature and naive but I do believe that she wants to be a good mother at this point.  I really felt sorry for her when her mother forbade her to take teh baby to the fireworks show. She's creating a self fulfilling prophecy by forbidding Jenelle to do anything with or for Jace, and then turning around and condemning her for not taking more of an interest in raising him. If you watch the after show Jenelle said that her mom told her if she so much as took him to the park without permission her mother would call the police and charge her with kidnapping. That is not concern, that is control. I hope they have been able to work out their differences by now and that Jenelle has been able to get more control over raising her child. It seems like the custody thing should just be a backup plan in case Jenelle goes off the deep end, her mom can step in and protect the baby. It shouldn't be held over her head like that if she is trying to make changes.

I was so happy for Leah! She and Cory make such a cute couple and he is a very sweet guy. I have no doubts that this is "it" for them. They make a beautiful family.

Very blessed mama to one bouncin' boy bouncy.gif (12/07) one angel3.gif who didn't get to stay (6/09), one potty learning, mess making divaenergy.gif(4/10), and one cheerful milk monster. aabfwoman.gif (12/11) Happy partner to the love of my lifedp_malesling.GIF.  

Old 01-27-2011, 06:53 AM

You're right. When her mother wouldn't let her take him out alone I wonder if I missed something. Had she taken him out alone and was irresponsbile or was he hurt? I blame the mother for how Jenelle is now. It's clear she has never set boundaries for Jenelle's behavior. She can't wait until the girl has a baby and is nearly an adult to want to raise her. I think the mom missed the mark on a lot of issues regarding Jenelle who clearly has never had to show respect for her mother. Even on 16 and Pregnant, she let the boyfriend stay over when she didn't want him to. Hopefully by the reunion show they'll have some positive news to report about their relationship.

She's rude but I don't think that's a reason for depriving her the chance to bond and care for her child. I was annoyed when Jenelle came home and her mother got on her for purchasing a $3.00 skirt. Maybe I missed something prior to that but I thought she was being nit picky.

I can understand why Jo's parents don't want her (I forgot her name) bringing her dates to their home but I think them not wanting her to date while she is living with them is silly. She really needs to get her own place and live on her own and figure out some shared parenting agreement. I hope she's realized his mom may care about her but she's still his mama!

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Hopefully. Jace will be better off if they can get over their issues. Her mom tells her to take care of her baby, but then stops her when she tries. I mean, I am not on Jenelle's side, but I do see it objectively and it takes two.

Old 01-27-2011, 07:28 AM

I think Aubree is so stinking adorable!  I was so excited to see that Adam was feeding her when Chelsea got home.  I hope he continues to step it up.  Aubree deserves it!

In the Janelle ordeal, I think the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.  I hope Jace isn't going to end up the same way Janelle is, but without the proper tools...

I understand why Jo's parents don't want Kailynn dating.  I would want to protect my son as well.  Can you imagine if/when he starts dating other girls?  Awkward!  I really think Kailynn needs to look into assistance.  She would definitely qualify.  She works retail, is basically homeless, and has no money in the bank.  She needs out of Jo's house.  I'm glad she's going to go to community college.  Hopefully, she will be able to hang in there and graduate.

I'm really glad that Corey and Leah got back together.  They both seemed to have matured.  I feel so bad for baby Ali.  I can't even imagine what they are going through.  Poor Leah feels so guilty.  It just breaks my heart. 

Mom to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(12), bikenew.gif(7), energy.gif(5),  guitar.gif(4), baby.gif (born 7/8/11), dog2.gif, and chicken3.gif

Old 01-27-2011, 11:41 AM

I just got around to catching up online with the new season. It's totally one of my guilty pleasures. It also makes me feel like a really awesome mom. Not to be mean, but it does. 

I think that Leah is the most sympathetic of the girls this time around. Janelle is the obvious "new Amber," but watching her with her mom, it isn't too hard to see where the attitude comes from, is it? Kailyn is just really really clueless, but sort of sympathetic. Chelsea is about the same. 

Old 01-27-2011, 03:00 PM

They must not be showing something when it comes to Jenelle.  You can see she is a partier, stays out all night, then is sleeping when Jace goes off to daycare.  Then she picks him up from daycare, bathes him, puts him in bed, and goes out.  At least that was what they were showing for a while.  And she admitted to the lawyer that she did drugs but didn't drink.  There must be something else.  Normally they show all the bad behaviour including not using carseats properly, domestic violence, neglect, etc.

Was it written in the custody agreement that Jenelle could never take Jace out of the house alone? 

treehugger.gifearth.gifribbonwhite.gif Anne (31), single WOHM to Karen (5)ribbonyellow.gifshamrocksmile.giffambedsingle1.gifjoy.gif
Old 01-29-2011, 07:08 PM

Does anybody else just love Chelsea's dad? I think he's doing everything absolutely right in regards to having a teenage kid with a baby. He's supportive and encouraging and not judgemental, he's not just giving her a free ride and doing everything for her, but he's enabling her to be able to take care of herself and her baby while (hopefully) building a future where she can be completely on her own. I hope she realizes how lucky she is to have him. Too bad all the teen moms can't have parents like that.

Old 01-29-2011, 10:36 PM

I think her dad is a good guy with her best interests at heart and a huge source of support for her.  I don't however agree with the decision to fund her and her friend their own house.  He's got to know or suspect that it would bring Adam back around and I'm so nit sure about that kid.  I don't think she's learning any responsibility if Daddy is still footing all the bills and she just gets to play house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazajo View Post

Does anybody else just love Chelsea's dad? I think he's doing everything absolutely right in regards to having a teenage kid with a baby. He's supportive and encouraging and not judgemental, he's not just giving her a free ride and doing everything for her, but he's enabling her to be able to take care of herself and her baby while (hopefully) building a future where she can be completely on her own. I hope she realizes how lucky she is to have him. Too bad all the teen moms can't have parents like that.

Old 01-31-2011, 12:36 PM

I agree with the poster who said Kailyn needs to get some support and move out of Joe's house.  It seems like such an uncomfortable situation to be in. I think Joe is rude. I also think Kailyn is very young and immature. I feel bad for her because I feel like she relies on Joe's parents to give her the love she's not getting from her own mother and father. The situation is so unfortunate.

I like Leah. She seems really responsible and wants the best for her babies.

Old 01-31-2011, 07:56 PM

I'm watching the episode from last week with the 4th of July. I know that Jenelle's mom is in a tough position, but it seems like Jenelle just can't win. She managed to get a job and showed up at the house with a big box of diapers and her mom is criticizing her for getting stuff for herself too.

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
14yo ds   11yo dd  9yo ds and 7yo ds and 2yo ds  
Old 02-01-2011, 08:01 AM

I don't understand the double standard with Jenelle's mom. She wants her buying stuff for Jace, but she can't take him anywhere?  If she signed over the parental rights, should she still be responsible for day to day care?  The dynamic is interesting and dysfunctional.

Mom to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(12), bikenew.gif(7), energy.gif(5),  guitar.gif(4), baby.gif (born 7/8/11), dog2.gif, and chicken3.gif

Old 02-02-2011, 10:48 AM

What a sad episode.  All of the girls are making bad choices it seems.  At least very fast ones.  All the moving in, switching men, etc.

treehugger.gifearth.gifribbonwhite.gif Anne (31), single WOHM to Karen (5)ribbonyellow.gifshamrocksmile.giffambedsingle1.gifjoy.gif
Old 02-02-2011, 11:02 AM

I still feel bad for Jenelle.  I agree that the dynamics of her relationship with her mom are just awful.  She's pretty much stuck, and probably feels like she can't win, regardless of how she behaves.  Her mom's facial expressions while meeting Keifer were priceless. 

I'm torn about Kailyn and Jo; it was really nice of him to loan her the money for school (I assume she can't get financial aid b/c they count his family's income?), but I know they aren't happy together, and saw pics of her with that new guy taken a couple weeks ago, so I assume she has moved on, in real time. 

It does seem quick for Leah to be moving in  (I can't think of his name), but since they are happily married now, I guess it all worked out. 

Chelsea - I think Adam is a loser, but what do I know.   He is pretty young and immature, and just maybe he'll grow up and take responsibility for his daughter this time.  I haven't paid any attention to the media regarding them, so I'm not sure if he really is still around, or came back b/c of Teen Mom. 

ribboncesarean.gif cesareans happen.
Old 02-02-2011, 05:01 PM - Thread Starter

I feel so bad for Jenelle. Her mother is just ridiculous. She constantly belittles her and does not give her credit for anything she does right. She also seems very manipulative. Now, I am not a huge fan of Jenelle but seeing the dynamic between her and her mom explains a lot. This show is casting her in a whole new light.

Kailyn and Jo, I don't know. He seems like a UAV but maybe it's just the cameras? And what is up with her mom? It's so sad she doesn't have any family to rely on but Jo's.

I am glad Corey and Leah moved back in together. They both seem committed to their daughters and making the relationship work.

I also don't agree with Chelsea's dad's decision to rent a house for her. It is not teaching her any responsibility, she still has not passed her high school level classes. I'm sure he's going to be pissed when he finds out Adam moved in. I also wonder about Adam's motives....not many people do a 180 degree turn around like that and are sincere about it.

Old 02-03-2011, 05:39 AM

But sadly, Jenelle is just like her mom, from what I can see. Just a younger version. 

Old 02-03-2011, 11:23 AM

I agree that Chelsea's dad isn't teaching her any responsibility by letting her play house while he foots all the bills.  I really hope she gets her studies done so she can graduate, but with Adam moving in... I just don't see that in the cards.

Jenelle is also not making very good decisions.  I was pleasantly surprised when the college admissions lady told her she was a good student.  I hope she drops her unemployed, high school dropout boyfriend.  He is going to drag her down.  He doesn't seem to have much motivation.

I can't believe Kailynn doesn't qualify for financial aid.  I wonder if she even applied for FAFSA.  If she did, she could have taken out student loans to cover tuition and expenses at least.  If she did fill it out, but didn't qualify her mom must make decent money.  She has to report her parents' earnings until she is 24.  Jo's family has nothing to do with it unless they legally adopted her.  Her whole situation makes me so sad.

Old 02-03-2011, 12:49 PM

I think Jenelle and her mother would benefit from some sort of counseling on how to communicate effectively.  There is so much shouting and nagging and cursing it seems.  Jenelle's Mom doesn't seem to be able to let any issue go past without doing it to death.  Perhaps if the two of them could sit and discuss instead of shouting accusations, they might get on better and Jace might grow up in a calmer atmosphere?

I really like what I see of Leah and Corey.  I felt bad for Chelsea's Dad who clearly thinks along the same lines as me where Adam is concerned (I can't forget that text he sent her when Aubree was a newborn.).

Mummy to two,  vbac.gif winner.jpgsigncirc1.gif

User Tag List