One Born Every Minute - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 34 Old 03-03-2011, 06:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Absolutely outrageous! I wasn't really expected it to be much better, but honestly I am disgusted. 

"Just like moons and like suns, With the certainty of tides, Just like hopes springing high,  Still I'll rise." ~ Maya Angelou
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 34 Old 03-03-2011, 06:48 PM

Oh, and I am so sad JLCurtis is the narrator. Yuck!

"Just like moons and like suns, With the certainty of tides, Just like hopes springing high,  Still I'll rise." ~ Maya Angelou
#33 of 34 Old 03-23-2011, 09:01 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I chose not to watch the show because I'm going to have this baby any day now and I want to stay positive. I live in Columbus and I know where I'm NOT going if I need to transfer! Doctor's Hospital is my backup. I also don't plan on applying for a job at Riverside after the baby's born (I'm a medical assistant). If the atmosphere and attitude is that bad in L&D, it's going to be like that in the whole hospital when someone questions anything.

ETA: I thought about it and decided that I can't really talk about it if I've never seen it, so I watched episodes 7 and 8 online. I blogged about my impression of the show here.

Mandy, )O(  Proud mommy of Taylor (1/6/05) jammin.gifand Abigail (4/21/11) slinggirl.gif
Loving wife of my gamer boy Michael. modifiedartist.gifBlog link in my profile! ribboncesarean.gif
#34 of 34 Old 04-23-2011, 11:37 PM

I am so frustrated that nurses are being portrayed this way!  I hope people realize that all nurses aren't like the ones shown.  :(  While I'm not a labor and delivery nurse, I have been a registered nurse for 15 years and most certainly support natural births.  (that's why I worked hard to make my second birth a natural one after a not so natural first birth).  I hate how shows like this make it seem like this is normal. 

-chelsea dust.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page