Ricki Lake on ADD/ADHD - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-31-2004, 04:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am watching this episode of Ricki Lake about ADD/ADHD and the drugs given for it. So far it i good, anti medicine!!!!!!!!! And Ricki is saying 7yo is said to be too young to officially diagnose kids with these diseases, etc. She even commented about the $$ pharmas make. It talks about doing your homework and so far has an anti drug slant!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is a couple whose child died from meds for ADD/ADHD recommended by the SCHOOL! It sounded like the same stuff going on with my DD but I know it is just a learning disabilty...now this couple look back and says the same!

It is worth a look...Go Ricki!!

EDITED to say: A guest just mentioned mercury in vaccines and other factors causing Autism and labels such as ADD, ADHD< etc....WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cross posting on vax baord-emailing ricki... She isa homenbirth, breastfeeding Mama from what I remember...maybe she lurks here too...lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2004, 05:06 PM

I don't have a TV, so post a little more about what was said etc.
Old 03-31-2004, 05:12 PM - Thread Starter

I mised the end due to a 2 yo acting like a 2yo...lol. But Will see what I can find transcript wirse...Look what I found in her biography at:

http://www.planetricki.com/2/apps/ri...iography.shtml

Quote:
At one point in Ricki's life, she thought she wanted to be a movie star; ever since the birth of Milo, Lake has told everyone she has other aspirations. "Having a child turns your world upside down. My goals in life have changed the second he landed on this planet." More than five years ago, Lake said she wanted to go back to school and study architecture. However, in 2000, Lake said she is definite she wants to become a midwife. A year later, Lake became a certified doula, and has helped deliver a couple of babies for other pregnant women wanting to have a natural childhood birth.
Here ya go, shows a clip of the show:

http://www.sonypictures.com/tv/shows/ricki/index.htm

I have a hunch she leans towards many of the issues we discuss here...
Old 03-31-2004, 05:23 PM

ricki lake kicks!

when i used to watch more tv, i saw her on rosie o'donnal's show. She was showing pics of her home-waterbirth. It was awesome.

heartbeat.gif

User Tag List