ANTM!! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 48 Old 04-14-2011, 09:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Molly sure was a whiner this week.  Alexandria seems to get better every week.  Ugh.  I still can't believe her smile.  It just doesn't look genuine. 

terrordactyl likes this.

Mom to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(12), bikenew.gif(7), energy.gif(5),  guitar.gif(4), baby.gif (born 7/8/11), dog2.gif, and chicken3.gif

#32 of 48 Old 04-18-2011, 04:02 PM

Yes, Alexandria's smile totally looks fake and smarmy.  I just can't believe the judges can't see that, and the go-see people couldn't see that.  Ugh.

I used to love Molly but this week she was so darn negative.  I still think her shots, collectively, have been the best, but now I'm much less of a fan.  I don't like Kasia's downturned mouth.  She's really cool, but she always looks like she's making a face.  Poor Brittany.  She's the one who finally had to have it out with Alexandria, and her timing sucked, but I'm still on her side.  During panel, Tyra said that some people think that the opposite of fake is to be rude, and then they cut to Brittany saying how she wasn't being fake to Alexandria, she was just being NICE and Alexandria was telling Brittany that she should have just walked up to Alexandria and told her how much she hated her.  Makes no sense.  Tyra's words matched what Brittany was saying, but Tyra won't ever know that.

Honestly, I think the show is starting to put too much time into the drama and not enough time into the shots.  I feel like the whole shoot took about two minutes.  I love hearing what Mr. Jay and the photographers have to say during the shoot, hearing how they direct the girls.

Lisa - dd 6-06
#33 of 48 Old 04-20-2011, 01:16 PM

I'm also sad Jacklynn left. :( I think that Hannah or Brittany should win. Brittany really has had the best shots and Hannah too. I thought it was going to be between Brittany and Jacklynn at the end. I'm not liking that this season Tyra is focusing so much on the drama behind the scenes. There have been MUCH worse contestants and drama and none almost went home because of it!

SuburbanHippie likes this.

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

#34 of 48 Old 04-20-2011, 03:11 PM

I haven't been a huge ANTM fan in years now.  But I was watching this season and I am so upset about Jacklynn leaving.  She was so pretty and sweet.  I really liked her and now that she's gone, I just don't care much about what happens the rest of this season.  There is some good photogenic talent left, but I think most of their attitudes suck. :/

I also think the whole go-see thing is/was really unfair.  I live in Los Angeles, I have spent most of my life here...and I still get lost going places a good majority of the time.  To send a girl home partly based on that really bugged me.  Then again, I always feel bad for the girls who get lost during go-sees.  I have a terrible sense of direction too, so I feel for them I guess.  And in real life I model too and am never late to interviews.  I just plan ahead and leave early.  There really is no such thing as 5 go-sees in a couple of hours.  Especially in a brand new city.

Melaya (29) - Mom to Z (9) and soon to be I (due Nov 2013) stork-boy.gif

Birth mom to M (7), O (5), & C (2). winner.jpgnovaxnoIRC.giftriadadopt.jpg

#35 of 48 Old 04-21-2011, 10:23 AM

I haven't watched last night's episode yet (but it was a recap show, right?), but I do think that Alexandria had an unfair advantage at the go-sees, considering that she lives in LA.  I think it's much more fair when they do the go-sees oversees orngtongue.gif

I feel for them trying to find their way around a new city, and such a big one.  I would be so stressed!

#36 of 48 Old 04-21-2011, 05:23 PM

I didn't watch it either.  I hate recaps episodes.  I too thought it was unfair to do go-sees in a town where one of them lives.  I mean come on!  That's a huge advantage. 

Mom to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(12), bikenew.gif(7), energy.gif(5),  guitar.gif(4), baby.gif (born 7/8/11), dog2.gif, and chicken3.gif

#37 of 48 Old 04-29-2011, 11:17 AM

This is stupid.  Jacklynn always did great, except on the go sees.  Kasia has always done pretty well.  But Hannah is still there? 

I'm guessing Molly will be the next sent home.  They're focusing so much on her negative attitude, which I get, but they seem to show only bad aspects of the girls right before they get sent home.

#38 of 48 Old 04-29-2011, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyantavid View Post
, but they seem to show only bad aspects of the girls right before they get sent home.

I try to predict who will go home before the photo shoot even happens...just due to the edit.

Kas (24), Helpmeet to Stefan (25), Mom to Franklin Gaudelio 4/15/09, Jonathan Boswell 1/2/11
#39 of 48 Old 05-09-2011, 04:05 PM

so glad alexandria finally went home

cold.gifme + headscratch.gif him and one littlecat.gifPaco the Taco hoping for one of these  makebabe.gifin the near future

#40 of 48 Old 05-10-2011, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaina View Post

so glad alexandria finally went home

Me too!  I was surprised though.

I think Hannah's next, leaving Molly and Brittani in the final 2.   

#41 of 48 Old 05-10-2011, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyantavid View Post

Me too!  I was surprised though.

I think Hannah's next, leaving Molly and Brittani in the final 2.   

I am also glad that she is gone.  I ignored her for a long time because even though she is odd, I find that most entertainment industry people are. shy.gif  But she was getting really bizarre and it was uncomfortable for me to watch her towards the end there. 

I also think Hannah is next.  It's a bummer for me because I think she is much prettier than Molly and she has a way better attitude as well.  But her modeling just hasn't been up to par and it seems too late to catch up now. 

#42 of 48 Old 05-12-2011, 11:01 AM

I think Hannah is pretty, but in a little girl sort of way.  Molly is more exotic (her eyes mainly).  She reminds me of Kate Moss.  I'm glad the final 2 are Molly and Brittani.  They both crack me up with their foul mouths and devious antics.  I know it's not the most mature thing, but eh it's tv so whatever.

#43 of 48 Old 05-12-2011, 11:05 AM

When it came down to Brittani and Hannah at the end, I had no idea who they'd go with.

I really hope Molly wins.  But my choice always ends up in the final 2 but doesn't win.  I just think Molly would do a much better job than Brittani.

#44 of 48 Old 05-20-2011, 10:39 PM

i'm so glad brittani won she was my favorite from the beginning. 

cold.gifme + headscratch.gif him and one littlecat.gifPaco the Taco hoping for one of these  makebabe.gifin the near future

#45 of 48 Old 05-22-2011, 06:31 AM

I'm glad she won too.  I always liked her a bit more than Molly.  She has some growing up to do, but I think she is gorgeous. 

Not sure about the point behind the last minute hair cuts though...shock value?  Every time they cut off a girls hair, she ends up wearing extensions and wigs for photo shoots and runway anyways.  So even though they looked very pretty, I get annoyed with Tyra for chopping off the hair on these young girls.  Especially when it's obviously mostly for entertainment value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaina View Post

i'm so glad brittani won she was my favorite from the beginning. 

#46 of 48 Old 05-22-2011, 09:52 AM

I was glad she won too.  Her attitude was more positive than Molly's, even when she was po'd at Alexandria. 

She is more high fashion than Molly.  I wondered if Molly's past drug abuse would have come back to hurt her modelling career?

I liked Molly's supershort haircut though, it looked nice on her.

#47 of 48 Old 05-23-2011, 12:04 PM

molly's constant whining about being adopted and going to rehab was really starting to get on my nerves. 

#48 of 48 Old 05-24-2011, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCatLady View Post

I'm glad she won too.  I always liked her a bit more than Molly.  She has some growing up to do, but I think she is gorgeous. 

Not sure about the point behind the last minute hair cuts though...shock value?  Every time they cut off a girls hair, she ends up wearing extensions and wigs for photo shoots and runway anyways.  So even though they looked very pretty, I get annoyed with Tyra for chopping off the hair on these young girls.  Especially when it's obviously mostly for entertainment value.

yeahthat.gif

While I thought both of the haircuts looked cute, I would be pretty PO'ed to get my hair chopped off and then not even get a photo shoot with the look before getting sent home! 

I was happy with the winner.  I liked Brittani from the beginning.  I thought it was really sad that her mom couldn't be there.  I was surprised they didn't have ANYONE show up for her.  A friend or a relative would have been nice.

Tags
Parenting Books , Parenting With The Ex Factor , Parenting With The Power Of Respect

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page