True Blood season 4! Waiting sucks...book and show discussion - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 50 Old 07-18-2011, 03:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm having a lot of trouble getting into this season...don't know if it's cuz I'm comparing to the books or if it's just a slow beginning...

I've never thought the acting was stellar...though I do have characters that I love (e.g. Lafayette)...but everything is feeling kinda forced to me.

I don't know.  Planning to stick it out and crossing fingers I get more drawin in.

Teacher until birth of DS (7-27-08)blowkiss.gifand now DD (10-17-11)femalesling.GIF:, now SAHM, wife to my wonderful hard-working DH.   cd.gifnocirc.gifselectivevax.gif

#32 of 50 Old 07-23-2011, 02:41 PM - Thread Starter

I just have to say it again...I am in love with Pam! Poor thing!

I am loving the Eric amnesia storyline. I also like the storyline of Bill being king along with Nan although Bill makes me want to throw up.

I am so glad Jason got away.

Allison, mom to ds born May 2002
#33 of 50 Old 07-24-2011, 08:14 PM

Ahhhhhh how much longer will they drag sookie and Eric out?!?! I'm dying here!!!

creative crunchy christian wife to J stillheart.gif, Mama to three boys and one baby on the way!  chicken3.gif  doula in training love.gif

#34 of 50 Old 07-29-2011, 02:12 PM - Thread Starter

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

From what I heard it'll happen in episode 6! Let's hope!

Spoiler above about Eric and Sookie.

#35 of 50 Old 07-30-2011, 05:48 AM

Sookie is clearly topless in the trailer for next week.  Looks like Bill saves the day, aka, interupts their sexy time. 

#36 of 50 Old 08-08-2011, 09:08 PM

The cliff hanger in episode 7 just about killed me! I wonder if the 'ghost' that stalks Arlene's baby has a family tie with Lafayette. I haven't read the books.

nocirc.gif

#37 of 50 Old 08-08-2011, 10:38 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Can I join y'all?  No one else wants to hear me babble about this show to them.  greensad.gif

I just started watching the series about a month ago, but I am not all caught up.  I just finished Season 4, Episode 4.  BUT, I will finish episodes 5, 6, & 7 tomorrow.  I don't have cable, but my parents do... so I had to get their cable online usernames so I could watch HBO Online to watch Season 4.  There was just NO WAY I could wait until it came out on DVD.

Now, I must admit, I had a hard time getting through Season One.  I couldn't stand Jason... man, he drove me nuts!  And, Bill just doesn't do too much for me.  Season 2 was really good and Jason finally started to redeem himself in my eyes.  Plus, I really started to like Eric... him getting Sookie to suck out the silver was just hilarious! Season 3 was absolutely awesome, partially because of Alcide  drool.gif and my growing love of Eric. luxlove.gif  Now, Season 4 has also been great, so far.  I love amnesia Eric (and the hilariously funny, endearing scenes between him and Sookie), but I also kind of miss the tough-ass Eric.  I hope when his memory is restored he retains a bit of both. Although, I'm not liking Jason's storyline too much and have been fast forwarding through it.  grossedout.gif    So, excited to get caught up on the remaining episodes tomorrow!!!  biggrinbounce.gif

Thanks for letting me babble!!! 

#38 of 50 Old 08-09-2011, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenbuoyant View Post

The cliff hanger in episode 7 just about killed me! I wonder if the 'ghost' that stalks Arlene's baby has a family tie with Lafayette. I haven't read the books.

The entire Lafayette (he's in the books but just barely) storyline and most of Arlene's story in the show are not in the books. 

#39 of 50 Old 08-09-2011, 02:02 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alyantavid View Post

The entire Lafayette (he's in the books but just barely) storyline and most of Arlene's story in the show are not in the books. 

Yes, as I watched last night, I was pondering the course they've chosen to go.  They want the characters and the world as a jumping off point, but then they change so much of the various story lines and how the world works that it's not the same series.  Something that really bothered my husband was the whole skin walker thing, because he just finds that kind of mistaken identity plot line really aggravating.  I tend to agree with him. Then adding this Antonia person, just completely not from the books as I remember.  There were witches in the books, but the Antonia storyline is like the Maryann storyline, I guess.  They are going to base a season of shows around it.  I like the witch storyline better than the Mary Ann one, however.  And since the show made Claudine a bit player and killed her off quickly, as well as the Queen, we need something to take the place of them.

I don't remember Sam having a brother in the series, not really even mentioned as an aside, so that whole storyline is extra.  And the possessed baby thing was kind of annoying, although it bothers me less now that I know they aren't just going to make the baby evil.  I like that Tara and Lafayette are such a big part of the show, however, I've mostly enjoyed their story lines.

#40 of 50 Old 08-09-2011, 03:08 PM

I think Sam had a sister..? He had a sibling and when they 'came out' as shifters the fiance of the sibling sort of freaked out I think? But in the book, siblings can't be shifters.. only the first born.

Also, Tara is NOT in the book like she is in the series.. she's a small character who owns a clothing store and marries a guy from their high school.. not a  lesbian cage fighter who hates vamps ;)

Also, What's up with Jason not turning into a were panther?!

creative crunchy christian wife to J stillheart.gif, Mama to three boys and one baby on the way!  chicken3.gif  doula in training love.gif

#41 of 50 Old 08-09-2011, 03:41 PM

Sam had a brother and a sister in the books.  His mom came out (when all the shifters did) and his stepdad shot her.  Tara did have a thing with the vamps though in the books, just not quite the same.  I don't really care about her story on the show.

It'll be interesting to see what they do with Jason since they didn't turn him into a panther.  The whole Hot Shot thing was much better in the books I think.  I have to see what they end up doing with Crystal and the rest of them.

#42 of 50 Old 08-09-2011, 09:32 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaecho View Post

Alcide explained to Sookie that werewolves/panthers/etc are hereditary and could not be made. 

#43 of 50 Old 08-10-2011, 04:30 AM

Arent Debbie and Sandra biological sisters though?  Even though they were adopted?  I cant remember now. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaecho View Post

I think Sam had a sister..? He had a sibling and when they 'came out' as shifters the fiance of the sibling sort of freaked out I think? But in the book, siblings can't be shifters.. only the first born.

Also, Tara is NOT in the book like she is in the series.. she's a small character who owns a clothing store and marries a guy from their high school.. not a  lesbian cage fighter who hates vamps ;)

ETA Anyone else notice Sookies eyes looked blue when she was laying with Eric while he was silvered?  I swear they looked Blue, and in other scenes, her eyes are very much brown. 

#44 of 50 Old 08-10-2011, 11:26 AM

I really don't like TB Tara, I felt like book Tara is Sookie's link to reality. She is the one person in Sookie's life who isn't a supe, or crazy. I think having book Tara as her friend gives her something to focus on other than all the crazy supernatural stuff.

I was sad to see the Queen killed off too, I really like her in the books.

I am also interested to see where the show plans to go with Debbie Pelt I wonder if Sookie will still have to off her at some point.

#45 of 50 Old 08-10-2011, 04:38 PM - Thread Starter

Just finishing watching this week's episode. Please tell me they aren't killing off Jessica! I assume Jason will save her somehow?

#46 of 50 Old 09-14-2011, 10:34 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

No, Jessica is fine.

#47 of 50 Old 09-18-2011, 03:09 PM - Thread Starter

Well they really cleaned house in the season finale. I thought it was a good season. Wonder what they'll do in season 5!

#48 of 50 Old 09-23-2011, 09:37 AM

Pam ranting about "fairy vagina" cracked me up.

I was ironing while watching the finale and burned myself during Jason's little red riding hood visit.  Niether of them rank high on my list but oh my, that was a good scene!

Mom to DS, born fall 05 after ,,, wife/best friend to DH We have
#49 of 50 Old 01-14-2012, 01:35 PM

Does anyone know when season 5 starts? I'm having Eric withdrawals. 

knit.gifmama to  thumbsuck.gif (09/11)

#50 of 50 Old 01-29-2012, 02:13 PM - Thread Starter

Probably not til June. :( Me, too!

At least we get a new Sookie book beginning of May.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page