Dear Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 04-01-2011, 05:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Dear Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice

I know that you both specialize in very dramatic dramas and that natural birth and natural parenting may not seem all that dramatic to you when compared with high risk scenarios of cesareans at 23 weeks and c-sections followed by hysterectomies.  But if you were to allow a different perspective in to help write your pregnancy and parenting stories I am certain that the change will also be felt in your now fading ratings.  Let Charlotte, in another expression of her humanity, do away with the hospital nursery with the isolating window and decide once and for all that all babies "room in" at St Ambrose.  Let Mark practice kangaroo care while Callie awakens from the coma.  And let Callie, after open heart surgery and brain surgery, nurse her babe against all odds (assisted by Mark of course, because she can't really move her arms) and let her breast milk save her tiny baby. Perhaps Addison will turn out to be the natural mom who, even though she's the high-risk OB who performs c-sections by day, has a home birth and nurses until her only child is three and Meredith will put her career on hold and become a stay-a-home mom. Given these changes in programming, we would love you even more.  Loved the musical, by the way.

love, 

Your loyal viewer

Mommy to one beautiful boy, born 9/28/08
#2 of 12 Old 04-01-2011, 06:32 AM

I would like to +1 all that except the musical part. you are not Glee. Don't try, its just...wrong. 

waiting on the power of the three wolf moon. 
#3 of 12 Old 04-01-2011, 10:55 AM

I don't watch Grey's anymore but I read the spoilers. What I want to know is where in the world would there be a choice between who to save? In all of my pregnancies I was told that if it came down to it, the care provider's duty is to save the mother. No choice to make.
#4 of 12 Old 04-01-2011, 12:34 PM

they've done kangaroo care before in an episode and the musical was the worst idea ever

cold.gifme + headscratch.gif him and one littlecat.gifPaco the Taco hoping for one of these  makebabe.gifin the near future

#5 of 12 Old 04-01-2011, 01:52 PM

Reading this thread makes me so glad I stopped watching that show a few seasons ago.  nod.gif

Youngfrankenstein likes this.

Mom to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(12), bikenew.gif(7), energy.gif(5),  guitar.gif(4), baby.gif (born 7/8/11), dog2.gif, and chicken3.gif

#6 of 12 Old 04-01-2011, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverdoingitagain View Post

I would like to +1 all that except the musical part. you are not Glee. Don't try, its just...wrong. 

yeahthat.gif   Sara Ramirez has a great voice, but PULEASE! The musical was stupid. It would have been more dramatic without it.

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

#7 of 12 Old 04-06-2011, 05:04 PM

I can't figure out why I love private practice!  They have so many things I disagree with, and Addison is a typical arrogant OB.  They used to have a male midwife, but they killed him off and never replaced him.  The pedi vaxed a child against the mom's wishes.  They had an episode where they tried to take a blind mama's baby away because she smothered him breastfeeding. So ridiculous.

#8 of 12 Old 04-06-2011, 10:54 PM

i don't love private practice. it's too dark and sad most of the time. too too dramatic. at least on grey's you have some sexy characters. i'm not attracted to PP at all, sorry.

i remember the kangaroo care part on grey's -- i think it was treated as some far flung notion. they tried it and it worked. why isn't it "standard" care? hasn't it been proven already in real life modern medicine?

id addison going to get pregnant? does anyone know what age she is supposed to be? i haven't read any spoilers. i'm betting that meridith and derek do NOT get pregnant. i'm betting they eventually adopt. remember he said "somehow no matter what we will have a baby."

#9 of 12 Old 04-08-2011, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyMommy2 View Post

I can't figure out why I love private practice!  They have so many things I disagree with, and Addison is a typical arrogant OB.  They used to have a male midwife, but they killed him off and never replaced him.  The pedi vaxed a child against the mom's wishes.  They had an episode where they tried to take a blind mama's baby away because she smothered him breastfeeding. So ridiculous.

Those are the exact reasons why I stopped watching that show.  The last episode I watched was the unvaxed kid and measles episode.  I swear I thought I was going to blow through the roof I was so mad. 

Mom to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(12), bikenew.gif(7), energy.gif(5),  guitar.gif(4), baby.gif (born 7/8/11), dog2.gif, and chicken3.gif

#10 of 12 Old 04-08-2011, 02:55 PM

Thank you Beautifulboy  for starting this thread.  What you said made me and my family laugh hysterically.  IT would be soooo great of they followed your script suggestions.  We are divided as to liking or disliking the musical.  Thanks for making my day!

Noelle

#11 of 12 Old 04-12-2011, 01:28 PM

I'd say it's far more likely... If/When Meredith gets pregnant she will have some horrible complication that sends her straight to bedrest. She'll have an equally dramatic delivery. Addison will have to fly out for the birth and they'll have a "Oh look how far we've come I'm delivering my ex husband's once dirty mistress's baby" moment. Once the baby is fine and healthy Meredith would have to have a crises about balancing motherhood and being a doctor. The chief will have to share some kind words about how she won't end up like her mother was to her. Then finally when you think it's all over somebody will die or a gunman will come or a crazy nurse/nanny will steal the baby. And scene. 

Madalyn military wife to Chris & proud momma to Jonas 5/17/09
#12 of 12 Old 04-14-2011, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madalyn View Post

I'd say it's far more likely... If/When Meredith gets pregnant she will have some horrible complication that sends her straight to bedrest. She'll have an equally dramatic delivery. Addison will have to fly out for the birth and they'll have a "Oh look how far we've come I'm delivering my ex husband's once dirty mistress's baby" moment. Once the baby is fine and healthy Meredith would have to have a crises about balancing motherhood and being a doctor. The chief will have to share some kind words about how she won't end up like her mother was to her. Then finally when you think it's all over somebody will die or a gunman will come or a crazy nurse/nanny will steal the baby. And scene. 

LOL!! Sounds so believeable that I wouldn't be surprised if you worked for ABC.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page