16 and Pregnant - new season! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 29 Old 04-26-2011, 07:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Who's watching? 

Don't be afraid to post lol.gif we won't get in trouble for celeb gossip now (right?).

I loved the couple on the first episode. 

ribboncesarean.gif cesareans happen.
#2 of 29 Old 04-26-2011, 11:35 PM

I'm watching! OT but since when is gossip allowed? I saw that mentioned in another thread too but I never saw an official post about it. I love me some tabloids so I'm down with the rule change! winky.gif

Madalyn military wife to Chris & proud momma to Jonas 5/17/09
#3 of 29 Old 04-28-2011, 09:55 AM

It was a fairly recent change, but I don't remember seeing a big announcement.  I just noticed it on the Teen Mom thread.

I felt a little bad for the teenage twin on the first episode.  My sister and I are super close like that and it does hurt when you feel like the other one is moving on.  I could understand her sadness.

The second episode with the twin babies was crazy.  I was a little surprised she didn't press charges on him.  Her parents hated him so much.  I couldn't quite grasp why they hated him until I saw his crazy come out in the car.  That was nuts!

Mom to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(12), bikenew.gif(7), energy.gif(5),  guitar.gif(4), baby.gif (born 7/8/11), dog2.gif, and chicken3.gif

#4 of 29 Old 04-29-2011, 05:52 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I'm still missing what happened between the twin mom and her ex. I caught that he wanted to stay at his parents' house instead of her house (which makes sense with how her parents were treating him), they were driving, he told her to get out of the car and he was driving off with the kids (which either parent can legally do). Then we see him pulling back up and them fighting next to the car. I saw him pick her up (not a good idea with the surgery) and her trying to hit him. Then we hear that he's spending the night in jail.

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
13yo ds   10yo dd  8yo ds and 6yo ds and 1yo ds  
#5 of 29 Old 04-29-2011, 08:34 AM - Thread Starter

I don't know what the deal is between Josh and Jennifer's parents  - it sounds like they just have never really gotten along well, maybe some bad history before she got pregnant?  I've read online that some think the mom has always looked down upon his family due to the differences in their income level vs. her family's.  But I don't know how true that really is.  The cops were taking pics of Jennifer - so I'm guessing it was just the default that Josh was arrested b/c she is the one who called and said he was physical with her and kicked her out of the car? Kinda confusing, b/c apparently they edit out a whole bunch, and more words were said between the two of them before it got to the point where he was pulling over telling her to get out. 

There are reports now that just recently she punched him in the face, but is claiming he did it to himself to get her in trouble... I'd have to Google for the articles, but it happened not too long ago - so they are still fighting.  Sad for those precious twins. 

#6 of 29 Old 05-04-2011, 11:59 AM

I liked the first couple very, very much. The second episode, man -- at first I couldn't understand why the girls parents hated him so much (the did seem snotty, although I'd be ticked if my DD got pregnant too...) but in the car he was nuts and abusive. Who drives like that with kids in the car (speeding away with the door half open..) he seems just really immature and has some anger issues. It's good that those twins will at least grow up with support (the girl seemed really immature too..) 

blogging.jpg    fambedsingle2.gif  homebirth.jpg  read.gif  happy momma to DD 8/07 and DS 6/10
#7 of 29 Old 05-04-2011, 12:25 PM

The second episode... I could see his abusive and controlling side almost immediately, though they didn't really show it until later.  Maybe it's because "back in the old days" I had a boyfriend or two who were like that.  Hopefully the girls parents will get a lawyer and draw up a custody agreement.

#8 of 29 Old 05-06-2011, 08:35 AM

I really liked the girl last night.  She seemed to have her head on straight.  She put her baby first and she was nursing!  thumb.gif  Her exbf sure was a loser though. 

Mom to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(12), bikenew.gif(7), energy.gif(5),  guitar.gif(4), baby.gif (born 7/8/11), dog2.gif, and chicken3.gif

#9 of 29 Old 05-06-2011, 08:43 AM - Thread Starter

Definitely cool that she was breastfeeding!  It was driving me nuts that he kept asking to have the baby - a nursing newborn!  I knew from the beginning that he wasn't going to be a responsible teen father; he was way too into partying, it seemed. 

#10 of 29 Old 05-06-2011, 06:56 PM

So far thats the only episode ive seen - the one where the mom is breastfeeding...and the 'dad' keeps asking 'when can i take her to MY HOUSE???'   i am SO GLAD they were not intimidated by him and didnt cave and just kept on b-feeding that baby!    And did you catch her return to school?  she got a text in teh middle of class and just ran out to go feed her baby??  i LOVE IT!  If i could have a job like that - id happily return to the work force! 

SuburbanHippie likes this.

Happy at Home Mama to DD 4/95 DS 4/98 and DS#2 8/10  femalesling.GIF        h20homebirth.gif       sewmachine.gif

http://www.etsy.com/shop/motherhendoula

#11 of 29 Old 05-10-2011, 07:19 PM

I was so excited ot see that too. Schools here are not that bf-friendly at all. Plus we don't have nurseries at any of our public schools, unfortunately. But around here people seem to pressure teen moms into NOT nursing so they can have their freedom. It was so refreshing to see a school that was dedicated to the student's education AND her baby's needs.

SuburbanHippie likes this.

Very blessed mama to one bouncin' boy bouncy.gif (12/07) one angel3.gif who didn't get to stay (6/09), one potty learning, mess making divaenergy.gif(4/10), and one cheerful milk monster. aabfwoman.gif (12/11) Happy partner to the love of my lifedp_malesling.GIF.  

#12 of 29 Old 05-10-2011, 08:09 PM

I'm so glad I found this thread! I love watching this show. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by motherhendoula View Post

So far thats the only episode ive seen - the one where the mom is breastfeeding...and the 'dad' keeps asking 'when can i take her to MY HOUSE???'   i am SO GLAD they were not intimidated by him and didnt cave and just kept on b-feeding that baby!    And did you catch her return to school?  she got a text in teh middle of class and just ran out to go feed her baby??  i LOVE IT!  If i could have a job like that - id happily return to the work force! 

I agree, I thought it was totally bizarre how obsessed the dad was with wanting to take the baby to his house. I mean shouldn't he just be excited to spend time with the baby, I don't know why he had to spend time with the baby in a specific location. He seems like a wreck. 

It was totally great that she was breastfeeding. That is so cool. Has this been the only teen mom (that I can recall and from what we've seen on the show) so far that has breastfed beyond the hospital? She really impressed me.

#13 of 29 Old 05-10-2011, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommariffic View Post

I liked the first couple very, very much. The second episode, man -- at first I couldn't understand why the girls parents hated him so much (the did seem snotty, although I'd be ticked if my DD got pregnant too...) but in the car he was nuts and abusive. Who drives like that with kids in the car (speeding away with the door half open..) he seems just really immature and has some anger issues. It's good that those twins will at least grow up with support (the girl seemed really immature too..) 

I thought the same thing at first too. But then I saw the car part. Uh yeah, the part where he was driving all nutso really scared me. He really seems to have violent tendencies. Those poor babies! And the mom, well, she seems immature like you said. She struck me as very child like, even for her age. I hope those babies get the support they need from her parents.

#14 of 29 Old 05-21-2011, 01:57 PM

Watching a re-run of 16 and Pregnant featuring Cleondra and Mario. They lived across the street from each other. Mario kept insisting that he wanted Cleondra and their baby to live at his house because he didn't trust her family (mom, sister, niece, mom's boyfriend, brother) to watch Kylee. However, he refused to help take care of Kylee at any time, no matter whose house they were at. Cleondra asked him to come over to take care of their baby one night and he refused and said he was tired and didn't feel like hanging out. Cleondra then brought the baby over to his house. He changed her diaper and then refused to wake up later to take care of her.

EXCUSE ME? You're too TIRED? She's your DAUGHTER.   banghead.gif     angry.gif

He then got mad that everyone else was taking care of their daughter while Cleondra went to high school so that she graduate.

Things seemed a little better between Cleondra and Mario at the end of the episode, but I'm curious to know if Mario started taking care of his daughter.

#15 of 29 Old 05-21-2011, 02:10 PM - Thread Starter

yeah, that was weird.  I was LOL when he said he was too tired to come over and hang out and help with the baby, and that he just wanted to stay and home and chill.  I forgot for a minute that he literally lived across the street, so he could have walked over in a couple seconds vs. having to drive an hour to come over (which, even if that was the case, I wouldn't have any sympathy - since he's a dad, for goodness sake). 

I hope they are doing well now - haven't seen any updates about them, but I'm sure there's info out there somewhere. 

#16 of 29 Old 05-22-2011, 03:27 PM - Thread Starter

So, I just read that Jordan (remember the girl with the twin sister from a few episodes ago?) is pregnant again, due to have a baby girl in October.  I hope they can handle two little ones so close together (15/16 months apart, I believe).

#17 of 29 Old 05-22-2011, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaofLiam View Post

I'm so glad I found this thread! I love watching this show. 

I agree, I thought it was totally bizarre how obsessed the dad was with wanting to take the baby to his house. I mean shouldn't he just be excited to spend time with the baby, I don't know why he had to spend time with the baby in a specific location. He seems like a wreck. 

It was totally great that she was breastfeeding. That is so cool. Has this been the only teen mom (that I can recall and from what we've seen on the show) so far that has breastfed beyond the hospital? She really impressed me.

I thought that too! And I got so excited because she's from a place very close to me. The only unfortunate part is that she says she only BF for 2 1/2 months, that she wishes she still could but dried up. She also says he ex has cocaine problems, and he always misses his scheduled visits with his baby every week.

I did miss the first episode though, which I keep hearing is really good. The twins though, that whole episode was just so sad to me with all the fighting. Apparently they're back together though, despite he allegedly tried to get her raped!

#18 of 29 Old 05-25-2011, 04:53 AM

Last night's episode upset me so much I had nightmares all night long.  That girl's mom made me so disgusted.  Who leaves their pregnant, anorexic 16/17 year old alone all the time?  Has she no sense of responsibility?  That poor girl was starved for attention (and not to mention FOOD).  She is lucky to have such a great boyfriend.  He was really amazing to her and *******.  I hope Dr Drew rips the mom a new one on the reunion show.  Terrible, terrible parenting right there. 

When she said "Well, I tried" I actually yelled at the tv "NO YOU DIDN'T!"  LOL.  This reminds me of my own mother and the way she would leave my sister home alone all the time (at a much younger age too) because she wanted to go out and "meet a man."  Ugh.  I still hate her for that.

#19 of 29 Old 05-27-2011, 10:45 AM

I am watching that one now!  I cant figure out what is with that mother!!  She started charging the kids rent, didnt fix meals for her pregnant daughter, didnt even really help out with the baby....Glad to see the b-friend was so supportive!  Oh and that labor was awful to watch - when she asked her Mom 'what was happening' and then bolted out the door to the hospital i was like....WAIT!!  you have hours to go yet!!   *sigh*      That mother was just awful though!

Happy at Home Mama to DD 4/95 DS 4/98 and DS#2 8/10  femalesling.GIF        h20homebirth.gif       sewmachine.gif

http://www.etsy.com/shop/motherhendoula

#20 of 29 Old 05-27-2011, 05:44 PM

This past episode was upsetting. The girl's mom was a real piece of work. Not only was she not there for her daughter but then suggested to her that they go on a diet together!?!?

The girl has an eating disorder, unbelieveable! At least the baby's father seems to be a good responsible guy.

#21 of 29 Old 05-27-2011, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuburbanHippie View Post

I hope Dr Drew rips the mom a new one on the reunion show.  Terrible, terrible parenting right there. 

You know he won't! He always manages to put the blame on the ones who are actually trying to succeed. I am liking him less and less.

#22 of 29 Old 05-28-2011, 05:17 AM

I know.  I hate Dr. Drew too.  Especially his "sympathetic face" when he makes his lips look like a duck bill, cocks his head slightly to the side, and nods.  Drives me nuts!

nola79 likes this.

#23 of 29 Old 05-28-2011, 10:25 AM

I couldn't stand the mom on this last episode either.  Her deadpan, expressionless face as her daughter asks for help and she says "Well, I tried", made me really angry.  Charging them rent, too.  I wanted to yell at the TV that the mom was still responsible for taking care of her daughter and needed to provide basics like food and a place to live.  If I were the girl, I"d not have the boyfriend pay rent and just have him over when the mom wasn't there, which was seriously 90% of the time.

#24 of 29 Old 05-28-2011, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neetling View Post

I couldn't stand the mom on this last episode either.  Her deadpan, expressionless face as her daughter asks for help and she says "Well, I tried", made me really angry.  Charging them rent, too.  I wanted to yell at the TV that the mom was still responsible for taking care of her daughter and needed to provide basics like food and a place to live.  If I were the girl, I"d not have the boyfriend pay rent and just have him over when the mom wasn't there, which was seriously 90% of the time.

Yes, it really seemed like the mom was taking advantage of the situation. She was using the daughter and daughter's boyfriend to pay her bills and keep up her place while she lived with her boyfriend. Sad. She didn't try worth a crap!

#25 of 29 Old 06-16-2011, 11:22 AM

This last episode with baby Aubri was just awful.  Taylor was completely clueless about what it takes to take care of a child.  I just read on the 16&Pg FB page that Nathan was cheating on her during her pregnancy.  Ugh.  What do you expect from a 16 year old though?  I felt so bad for Taylor's mom because she gave her first baby up for adoption.  Everyone telling her that they thought they would do a better job raising up Aubri than an adoptive parent would was just a slap in the face to her.  You could just see her pain and disappointment.  I thought it was completely selfish on Taylor's part to keep this baby. She's not even old enough for a job and the whole financial burden falls down onto her mom.  The whole episode left me so angry and disgusted. 

#26 of 29 Old 06-18-2011, 04:50 PM

I'm pretty obsessed with this show and have been since it came out.  

Anyways the last two girls Kianna and Taylor I felt were along the same lines, they both considered adoption and decided against it.  It seems like they both kept their babies primarily because the father of the baby wanted them to.  But then when it came to the father actually doing something for the baby after the delivery they basically wanted nothing to do with it.  IDK, in the beginning I was a lot more doubtful about Taylor and though she did seem to try to step up she had no support from the baby's dad at all.  Honestly I was more pissed at the boyfriend than her.  Towards the end I at least got the impression that she was trying.  That episode made me sad though.

#27 of 29 Old 06-23-2011, 12:42 PM

Did anyone watch the "Where Are They Now?" episode on Sunday?  Some of those girls are going downhill fast.  The last girl they featured wanting to become a stripper and thinking her son will think "Wow, my mom was a MILF"... there are no words.  The dad/ex-husband has his head on straight at least. 

#28 of 29 Old 06-23-2011, 07:34 PM

I just watched that a couple hours ago.  Yeah, that last girl seemed to be going down the wrong road.  She just kept whining at her ex while he was trying to talk some sense into her. At least the ex-husband has the son's best interest at heart though.

#29 of 29 Old 06-30-2011, 06:44 PM

I watched the "Where are they now" episode and was wondering why Christina was not included. Christina was the girl who's boyfriend family blamed her for her for her boyfriend not accepting a football scholarship. I read something about the boyfriend is charged with domestic violence towards Christina, after the show stopped filming. I want to find out more about what happened.

Tags
My Child Is Pregnant What Are My Rights

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page