Top Chef 9!! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 41 Old 01-16-2012, 12:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I kind of just feel sorry for her I think.

treehugger.gif *CPST*  mama to my three year old DS1 broc1.gif1.31.09 and wedded to angel 8.07  hola.gif

DS 2  waterbirth.jpg 8/18/12!!

#32 of 41 Old 01-16-2012, 01:43 PM

I feel bad for Bev. .  It is hard to say if they are editing the footage to her advantage or disadvantage though.  I mean, she does admit to being socially awkward and slightly eccentric in one episode, so that is probably true.  It seems like the judges are liking her food more than not but that several contestants can't stand her and bully her a lot.   Editing is what makes a storyline, so who knows if it is as bad as it seems...but what is shown on the episode makes it look like the poor woman can't cut a break and that some of the other women are very condescending and micromanage her on team challenges.  I've never felt like Top Chef kept contestants just for drama the way some reality shows seem to...I don't know if the hosts would even participate in that kind of thing as true foodies and chefs.  If Bev sticks around I'd say it will prove she is a good chef that is being bullied because she doesn't have the strong personality that some of the other women have and is a little awkward socially.  I can't help but cheer for her because I hate the cattiness and bad attitude some of the others seem to have.  And I have been rooting for Nyesha to get back into the competition.  I like the contestants who seem down to earth, in it for the love of food and cooking, and who keep out of the drama and bullying that seems to always happen as the pressure builds...

Mama to a beautiful baby girl born 01/21/2010
#33 of 41 Old 01-16-2012, 02:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEcatlady17 View Post

I like the contestants who seem down to earth, in it for the love of food and cooking, and who keep out of the drama and bullying that seems to always happen as the pressure builds...

yeah I found myself rooting for Greyson as she stayed well out of the Bev bullying.

treehugger.gif *CPST*  mama to my three year old DS1 broc1.gif1.31.09 and wedded to angel 8.07  hola.gif

#34 of 41 Old 01-17-2012, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadiMamacita View Post

yeah I found myself rooting for Greyson as she stayed well out of the Bev bullying.

Ya, I loved that she didn't just join the crowd and get mean.  I've liked her a lot throughout the show.  I'd love to eat some of the food she makes :)  This show makes me hungry, haha.

Mama to a beautiful baby girl born 01/21/2010
#35 of 41 Old 01-26-2012, 07:15 PM - Thread Starter

grrrrr the mdc monster ate my very long post!!

I will try to remember what I had written.

first, so bummed for Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Nyesha! I felt bad for Bev in that everyone was clearly rooting for Nyesha, but I was too!
I hated that they did that ingredient switch on them. What I was liking about last chance was that it was pretty much just straight cooking, with minimal gimmicks. that seems like a better test of who is the better chef.

I was pretty shocked that Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Chris Jones went home. I thought it was Ed for sure. He didn't stick to the challenge- what makes your dish healthier? I swapped a white rice flour bun for white rice.. seriously? - and it sounded like his food wasn't great. At least Chris TRIED to make his dish healthier.
It was kind of dumb that they made all this emphasis on making a healthier version of your dish, but then placed absolutely NO value on who actually did that. I get that they had to actually make something that TASTED good, too, but if you are going to try to make them do "healthy" food, at least measure that to some degree.. stupid. I hate the challenges that are tied to their corporate sponsorship. Like in JD they did that stupid chewing gum desert challenge..

found this fun list which ranks the seasons from most to least interesting. http://www.nerve.com/tv/ranked-top-chef-seasons-from-best-to-worst

#36 of 41 Old 02-02-2012, 07:10 PM - Thread Starter

let me just preface this by saying, I loved me some PeeWee back in the day. but this was the DUMBEST elimination challenge yet.

ETA: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
oh man, not greyson!

#37 of 41 Old 02-09-2012, 02:31 AM

I am enjoying this season. I have to watch online as I live in Japan.  So I am excited to see so many Asian chefs rocking it this season.

#38 of 41 Old 02-10-2012, 04:05 PM - Thread Starter

I watch online too, no cable at my house!

#39 of 41 Old 02-16-2012, 06:42 AM - Thread Starter

I can't find ep 14 anywhere on any of my trusted sites. I have seen people commenting on it elsewhere so I'm sure it has been released.. Dailymotion doesn't have it yet, RealityTVFan just has some broken links to it, none of the YouTube uploads are legit.. anyone have another source for it? I'm about to start knocking on my neighbors doors to see if they have Bravo on Demand!

#40 of 41 Old 02-16-2012, 07:33 AM

I had to pay $2 and rent it from Amazon.  I couldn't wait any longer!

Melaya (29) - Mom to Z (9) and soon to be I (due Nov 2013) stork-boy.gif

Birth mom to M (7), O (5), & C (2). winner.jpgnovaxnoIRC.giftriadadopt.jpg

#41 of 41 Old 02-16-2012, 03:08 PM - Thread Starter

I was thinking about doing that too! I just might..

ETA: I found a place to watch for freeeeeeee!

I cried when they were introducing their mentors. Paul especially, he got me cryin!
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I was also surprised at how pumped I was to see Bev get into the finale. I wasn't a huge fan of hers before she got eliminated and I wanted Greyson back in the competition over her. I can't believe Lindsay beat Ed. and I wish Sarah would have taken the car! I really wanted to see her smug @$$ go home.. I really would like a big bowl of Bev's Singapore Noodles right about now...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page