• 1 Post By stopgrowing
  • 1 Post By beckybird
  • 1 Post By kitchensqueen
  • 1 Post By aliciahorsley

#1 of 19 Old 02-06-2012, 06:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)

I have a secret confession. We do not watch television. A few years ago, we were the people who just had the television on as background noise, all the time. Horrible waste of energy and a terrible soundtrack to our lives. We stopped watching cold turkey one day, and have been tv-free for a decent while. But now sometimes we'll watch PBS or BBC specials on the internet. That's not too bad, right? Selective viewing of things I think have some value isn't me falling off the no-tv wagon is it? Everything in moderation, right?

That being said...

Oh my god when is season three of Sherlock going to start!? Can you believe what happened at the end of season two!? I'm blown away! Discuss.

beckybird likes this.

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

#2 of 19 Old 01-07-2013, 05:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!

I love how they're doing so many homages to the original material.  (In the original story, Moriarty "killed" Holmes and he went over a waterfall.)  The modern take on that was superbly done.  I'm kinda bummed that Moriarty does seem to be completely dead though.  They did a good job of making him a thoroughly villainous villain.

I have to say this show has made me have a massive crush on Benedict Cumberbatch.  (I get excited every time I think about the upcoming Star Trek film - two of my favourite things! On a big screen!  All together-like!!!! WHEEEEE!!!!!)  I don't even think Cumberbatch is all that good-looking, but that character is just so compelling.  And I love the chemistry between Sherlock and Watson, and Watson's war-vet backstory.

Yeah I can't wait for season 3 either!  I don't know if the producers have anything final arranged yet.  It would be sad if that was all we got...

beckybird likes this.

Postpartum doula & certified breastfeeding educator, mama to an amazing girl (11/05) and a wee little boy (3/13).

#3 of 19 Old 01-07-2013, 06:13 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I cannot read this thread because we are only just watching Season 2 now. I had to respond, though, because DD and I just watched A Scandal in Belgravia this afternoon and it was awesome. We had a rough night and morning here, with a trip to Emerg (everyone is fine) at 4 a.m. and back home just before noon. By mid-afternoon, I was too keyed up to sleep but I needed a distraction that didn't require any effort on my part. Finding Sherlock on Netflix was exactly what I needed. The show is so well done. We had watched Season 1 in re-runs a while ago, but missed Season 2. I think I'm going to treat myself to the next couple of episodes this week. Then we will be all ready for Season 3. 

#4 of 19 Old 01-07-2013, 08:54 PM

From what I have read, filming for season 3 will begin in March 2013. So showing maybe Septemberish at the earliest?

I love it too. So I just want more, more, more!
#5 of 19 Old 01-08-2013, 06:59 PM - Thread Starter

Yay! I can't wait for another season. I suppose they did have to wait for the filming of Star Trek: Into Darkness to be over before doing another one. I read somewhere that Steven Moffat offered his annual three word clues for the season - "rat", "wedding" and "bow". Here's some speculation on what they mean. Hopefully "bow" doesn't refer to a final bow and the end of the series! 

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

#6 of 19 Old 01-09-2013, 06:58 AM

Finished up the last 2 episodes of Season 2 in a mini-marathon with DD last night. So good! 

The Hounds of Baskerville was not my favourite episode of the series but it was interesting casting for the role of Henry. When DD and I first saw him on-screen, we wondered whether it was some kind of cross-over episode with Being Human. The actor played a werewolf in that series. Thankfully it was not a cross-over. 

I noticed that our compilation of Conan Doyle's stories was pulled off our bookshelf and is sitting on the coffee table. DD must be reading the stories now. 

#7 of 19 Old 04-02-2013, 09:24 PM

I love Sherlock, too. No one is talking about season 3?

my blog

#8 of 19 Old 04-12-2013, 05:42 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiven White View Post

I love Sherlock, too. No one is talking about season 3?

It hasn't started yet. :-) Rumor has it the filming only just began last month. If anyone has updates or sneak peaks though, please share! 

#9 of 19 Old 01-13-2014, 08:41 PM - Thread Starter

It's here! It's here! I've just seen the first two episodes; is anyone else watching!? The second episode is the best Sherlock I've ever seen. Cumberbatch is phenomenal. No other actor can or will ever pull off Sherlock like he does. 

beckybird likes this.

#10 of 19 Old 06-26-2014, 11:24 AM

OMG YEA I TOTES AGREE, Cumberbatch is the man!
beckybird likes this.
#11 of 19 Old 06-28-2014, 05:07 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
LG0nlqK.jpg

Click on picture.
Prepare to laugh!

"Medical propaganda ops are, in the long run, the most dangerous. They appear to be neutral. They wave no political banners. They claim to be science. For these reasons, they can accomplish the goals of overt fascism without arousing suspicion.” — Jon Rappoport

#12 of 19 Old 07-28-2014, 01:15 PM

BBC has got to be the best television broadcasting network ever! With Sherlock, Doctor Who, Firefly and so much more.. How can you not watch television or even Netflix just for that?! Besides.. I laughed myself silly when the Sherlock club was imagining how Sherlock faked his death with Moriarty
#13 of 19 Old 08-01-2014, 01:28 PM

Sherlock and Firefly my 2 favs!

I thought that was really how Sherlock faked his death, and I was sad when I realized that the kiss with Molly wasn't real. Bummer!
aliciahorsley likes this.

"Medical propaganda ops are, in the long run, the most dangerous. They appear to be neutral. They wave no political banners. They claim to be science. For these reasons, they can accomplish the goals of overt fascism without arousing suspicion.” — Jon Rappoport

#14 of 19 Old 08-01-2014, 05:58 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckybird View Post
Sherlock and Firefly my 2 favs!

I thought that was really how Sherlock faked his death, and I was sad when I realized that the kiss with Molly wasn't real. Bummer!
Love your avatar. Have you seen the Sherlock with weasel meme?

I still have a hard time figuring out which bits are the "real" Sherlock. And maybe this is just me being all sappy, but I think the way they portray Sherlock and Watson's friendship is one of the greatest platonic love stories of all time - so well done!
beckybird likes this.

#15 of 19 Old 08-01-2014, 06:10 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
totally love sherlock too. the hair tousle and collar shake just before the kiss.... fantastic!
beckybird likes this.
#16 of 19 Old 08-01-2014, 06:12 PM

Lol I love those memes!
I also love the relationship between Sherlock and John. One of my favorite scenes is where John asks him to be the best man.....now that's great writing! And the best man speech is hilarious!

#17 of 19 Old 08-01-2014, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliciahorsley View Post
totally love sherlock too. the hair tousle and collar shake just before the kiss.... fantastic!
I totally rewound that scene and watched it a bunch of times. Too many times lol.

#18 of 19 Old 08-01-2014, 06:32 PM - Thread Starter

I cannot wait until Season 4! It's supposed to start filming in January 2015, so it'll be at least a year before we get to see more... And I really wish they did longer seasons! Just getting a few at a time is painful!

#19 of 19 Old 08-02-2014, 07:14 AM

So true. I discovered a great way to pass the time though--just watch every movie or show starring Benedict, haha. It makes the waiting a bit easier

Tags
Television

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page