What cartoon annoys you the most? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 33 Old 09-24-2013, 07:24 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracyamber View Post

The Flinestones because Fred would bang on the door and yell"Wilma" when he could simply jump through the window..lol

When I was a kid I always hated The Flintstones because Fred was always lying to his wife, his boss, his best friend and everybody else. I was a ethical minded young child and it bothered me so much that I couldn't even watch the show. And when I was a kid, we didn't have entire networks dedicated to cartoons or to children, we had 3 channels, PBS, and a few VHS channels (including what eventually became FOX)  that didn't come in half the time, and took a great finesse in tuning with that little wheel on the outside of the channel dial.

Only really OLD Mamas will know what I'm talking about. :duck 

Attachment Parenting: The radical notion that children are human. bfinfant.gif
#32 of 33 Old 09-24-2013, 07:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My kids LOVE Adventure Time. I actually find myself looking forward to new episodes to watch with my youngest child.

The first few times I watched it I had to have my husband come in the room because it was sooooo weird. "Babe, you gotta see this show, it's like... an acid trip!" (Old hippy Dead Head parents...)

I do think it's sweet the way Finn loves Princess Bubble Gum so much and how darn independent she is! Self Rescuing Princess absolutely!  Plus, the whole "Ice King and Marceline the Vampire Queen" arc is..... so deep. This show definitely has layers, and it's interesting to see my 13 year old DD who had Asperger's actually interpreting the layers of context from this show. I actually credit it with helping her understand human a little interactions better. Marceline is her heroine and this character's ability to be both loving and casual has been of immeasurable help to this child of mine.

Attachment Parenting: The radical notion that children are human. bfinfant.gif
#33 of 33 Old 09-24-2013, 08:04 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieLC View Post and took a great finesse in tuning with that little wheel on the outside of the channel dial.

Only really OLD Mamas will know what I'm talking about. :duck 

Oh yes the wheel! Am I that old???? LOL

Tags
Television

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page