Desperate Housewives! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 493 Old 10-17-2004, 02:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Unless the box is jam-packed full of lead, there is going to be just regular old air trapped in there once he seals it all up in plastic. Obviously not a very intelligent man, or he was just caught up in the fear of whatever it is being discovered and just got temporarily stupid.
#62 of 493 Old 10-18-2004, 12:15 AM

Well, just got done watching it tonight, it was such a good episode! I guess it is a body in the box, so the mystery is who it is and how they got there...

I can't believe what uptight mom said about her husband during the dinner party! My jaw literally dropped and I could actually feel his pain. Poor guy!

This is such a good show. Nice to have something to watch that actually has writers!
#63 of 493 Old 10-18-2004, 12:26 AM

"Rex cries when he ejaculates."

Best. Line. EVER!
#64 of 493 Old 10-18-2004, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chersolly
"Rex cries when he ejaculates."

Best. Line. EVER!
I couldn't agree more!

I love this show. I look forward to it so much!
#65 of 493 Old 10-18-2004, 09:30 AM

Each episode gets better and better. Poor Susan and the things that happen to her. :LOL Too funny though!

I thought a body would be a little too obvious, but I guess not.
#66 of 493 Old 10-18-2004, 10:27 AM

LOL, I was rolling when she said that, and she said it just like martha stewart would, LOL. My hubby didn't think it was too funny, btw he doesn't do that haha. I love this show too. The mom of the boys is great. I wonder what will happen with the body, wonder who it is. Maybe it's a lover and the hubby killed him and the wife killed herself because she couldn't live with the grief anymore.......ok getting ahead of myself.
#67 of 493 Old 10-18-2004, 10:49 AM

Aaaaarrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhh I missed the last half hour!!!! I'm so upset, it was such a good episode too. I pray that episode will run again on Saturday like they've been doing. I had to catch the 2nd half of last weeks this Saturday

I'm totally addicted....

Why is it that I have no problem staying awake from 10-11 on Saturday night but can't keep my eyes open from 9-10 on Sunday???? Hehehehehe. Weird.

I need Tivo.

Kitty

Great for nature studies! http://www.pleinairkids.com
Plein Air Kids - Handmade wooden art boxes for Budding Artists.
#68 of 493 Old 10-18-2004, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloKitty
Aaaaarrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhh I missed the last half hour!!!! I'm so upset, it was such a good episode too. I pray that episode will run again on Saturday like they've been doing. I had to catch the 2nd half of last weeks this Saturday
It will be.
#69 of 493 Old 10-18-2004, 01:29 PM

What about that creepy little girl?! Yikes!

Also..in the therapists office...I can understand why Bree took the tape of Mary Alices sessions but why not her hubbys too? I guess it would be too obvious. I cant wait to hear what s on that tape!

I also loved it when Susan apologised to the ex's girlfriend! That is totally something I would do!

This show is better than I thought it would be
#70 of 493 Old 10-20-2004, 04:13 AM

add me to the list I love the show to.....

Now why did dead ladies DH dig the box up. Looked like he drained the pool and then dug in to the concrete .... so I am a bit confused by that.... but I love the show.
#71 of 493 Old 10-20-2004, 11:26 AM

So on episode 2 (which I tried to tape, but the sattalite (sp?) went out then I tried to tape the repeat show and they showed some stupid weather special instead) what happened about the fire? Did Edie get that Susan had been there? Also I gather from reading that the man dug up the trunk from the back yard and dumped it in the lake where it was found by the fishermen. Anything else happen between 1 and 3 that I need to know to fill in the blanks?
#72 of 493 Old 10-21-2004, 04:54 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
No, Edie didn't make the connections between the mesuring cup and Susan, but Mrs.Nosy Neighbor is on her way to figuring it out. I love Susan. I'm rooting for her. What's his name is one fine looking man, and I was sooo glad when they went to Bree's dinner together.

OK, these are the names I can never remember:

Lynette is the mom with 3 boys, 1 girl. Love Lynette. I so identify with her.

Gabrielle is the ex-model having the affair with the high school gardener stud.

Mike Delfino is the hunky single guy.

Someone moved my effing cheese.
#73 of 493 Old 10-21-2004, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Maybe it's a lover and the hubby killed him and the wife killed herself because she couldn't live with the grief anymore.......ok getting ahead of myself.
No, I think that's a good theory. That would explain why Paul, Mary Alice's husband, isn't more grief-stricken. He just seems angry to me. It might explain the letter Mary Alice got ("I know what you did...").

And don't forget that Mike isn't just a plummer. He's a private eye or something. He's on Paul's trail, probably.

#74 of 493 Old 10-23-2004, 06:22 PM

I loved last weeks episode too. The creepy girl confuses me as to why her mother does not question why Gabrielle is all of a sudden giving a child she does not know such expensive gifts??? I would be like wtf lady??? But again just a show so I am going with it

I too think the husband of Mary Alice is pissed, but why dig up a body that noone is going to find? Also something more is going on with the son???

Poor Susan, hopefully she won't get her herat broken by Mike once it comes out that he is up to something! Looks like she is going to be getting blackmailed herself this week! I was so happy for her when the girlfriend of her ex apologized, I think that was great, in light of the fact that many women do get involved with married men and don't know they are married until it is in fact too late.

I love that Lynettes dh is at least trying to make things good for her. And he SO knew that she jacked the kids up on sugar, something I think he deserved. I for one would not have let the 60 hour workweek line go! :LOL But again it's just TV

We may not have it all together, but together we have it all
#75 of 493 Old 10-24-2004, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chersolly
If there is the remains of a dead child in that toybox, there is no way I could continue to watch this show.

I just hope my speculation spidey sense is wrong.
that's what keeps running thru my head too. I just hope it's too obvious, and the plot on that one is totally diff, kwim?
#76 of 493 Old 10-24-2004, 03:00 PM

when is this on?
sounds like a great show!

Me & DH hug2.gif , adult DD lips.gif & 7 yo DS guitar.gif . 2 GSDs, 6 rescue kitties, 4 birds & a gerbil.
#77 of 493 Old 10-24-2004, 03:02 PM

It is on tonight on ABC ( I think) at 9pm, they usually repeat last weeks episode on Saturdays ( don't know what time)

#78 of 493 Old 10-24-2004, 03:09 PM

when carlos and gabrielle were discussing bree's comment at the dinner party...she looked really worried when he said something to the effect of "if a woman ever humilitated him like that in public, it would be the first and last time." Was she worried abt the affair or did she do something else? And I missed the first 15 min or so, what was up w/her and that little neighbor kid? I came in while she was helping her ride a bike in heels.

oh - and has anyone found a spoiler site yet?
#79 of 493 Old 10-24-2004, 03:17 PM

I think she was worried about her affair with the kid found out.

The little girl is a new neighbor who was looking through Gabrielles window and saw her kissing the kid and then later was introduced to her dh who was obviously NOT the guy she was kissing. At first G gve the kid a doll but the kid knowing exactly WHY she got the doll said " What I would REALLY like is a bike!" So she got it. I just find it weird that the kids mother didn't question G about why she gave her dd who she does not know such an expensive gift!

I will go and look for a spoiler site! :LOL

#80 of 493 Old 10-24-2004, 03:20 PM

Ok I found this site
Spoiler Site

#81 of 493 Old 10-24-2004, 07:28 PM

I've been wondering why the guy dug up the bottom of the pool to get the toy chest out as well. I was thinking who could possibly know that something was there? Unless the person knew they buried it there...which brings us to the son. He didn't seem very surprised to see his dad digging up the pool, you know?

Quote:
I too think the husband of Mary Alice is pissed, but why dig up a body that noone is going to find? Also something more is going on with the son???
I'm wondering if either the kid wrote the note OR if the kid didn't kill someone... maybe the mom's lover? Not sure. Just grasping at straws here. :LOL
Just fun to wonder....
New show tonight!!!
#82 of 493 Old 10-24-2004, 09:50 PM

I know I can't wait and they showed a preview where the slutty one is washing her car for the new guy and splashing water all over herself! :LOL

#83 of 493 Old 10-24-2004, 09:56 PM

Cool site--thanks
#84 of 493 Old 10-24-2004, 10:54 PM

NP! And yes I am not watching the show right now, taping it for tomorrow! The kids got in late from hockey and I didn't want to miss the beginning so I taped!

#85 of 493 Old 10-25-2004, 12:16 AM

I'm hurriedly making Rice Krispies treats and roasted pumpkin seeds so I can watch
#86 of 493 Old 10-25-2004, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerMom
I know I can't wait and they showed a preview where the slutty one is washing her car for the new guy and splashing water all over herself! :LOL
How old is Nicollette? I remember my mom watching a show with her when I was a kid.Talk about looking perfect.I wish I could have one week with her plastic surgeon :LOL
#87 of 493 Old 10-25-2004, 02:32 AM

the sneek paek of next weeks show has me LOL about the mom with the twins and how ths dad comes home and say's"I think we need to take a serious look at homeschooling." Oh man, this is right up my alley! I so feel like her most days adn now we are HS! Oh WOW! my monkies have just as much ebergy as those kids do. It makes me feel a little less alone when I see her in the show. Isn't that sad? It Is TV! :LOL
#88 of 493 Old 10-25-2004, 12:02 PM

I am lovin' this show! Its great to have another woman-based show now that Sex In the City is over.

Its cool that there is breastfeeding and co sleeping in the show, and they have mentioned homeschooling twice(the weird peeping neighbor girl said she was homeschooled!)!

The gardener is so hot, although I'm a little disappointed to find that he is still in high school! I would have preferred that he was at least over 18 or something.

In last night's episode I was ROTFL my head off at the mom "self medicating" herself with a bottle of wine while her kids were jumping all over the living room. I can picture one of my best friends doing just that!
#89 of 493 Old 10-25-2004, 12:09 PM

Oh, can I join this thread?

I'm so addicted to this show! Although, yesterday's show made me kind of irritated at what's-her-name blackmailer (I call her Mrs. Kravitz, cause she reminds me of that busy-body, only meaner, from Bewitched). I really like Susan (and her daughter, too, who seems to take the role of a mom to her own mother).

Thanks so much for the spoiler site! Now after reading about what's ahead, I'm excited to see what's coming in the next couple of months!
#90 of 493 Old 10-25-2004, 04:52 PM

Great episode! Though Martha the Nosey Neighbor was making me soooo angry! And it just drove me up a wall when Susan let her get backed into a corner. When Susan basically gave up her date with Mike to Edie I was howling and pounding on poor dh's sholder!

Dh said he thinks Martha sent the note to Mary Alice, and sure enough, at the end Mary Alice hints that her "enemy" might be a neighbor. And the paper is purple. I bet we come across purple stationary in Martha's home someday.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page