Desperate Housewives! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 493 Old 11-01-2004, 10:20 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm getting so lost on this show b/c for some reason I have trouble staying up after 9:00 on Sundays (what a party girl I am!). Is there a website that has a full synopsis every week?
#122 of 493 Old 11-01-2004, 12:39 PM

CP, I'm in the same boat. I'm sooooo tired, I can barely keep my eyes open while I'm watching. I just keep taping it so I can watch it at my leisure.
I love the plotlines....I keep thinking I've got it figured out and then they go and prove me wrong!

DS 12 DS 9 DD 6
#123 of 493 Old 11-01-2004, 12:44 PM

I'm glad I'm not the only loser that can't seem to stay up to watch the whole show!!!! And I don't have Tivo or anything so now I need to try to stay up on Saturday again and watch what I missed.

Kitty

Great for nature studies! http://www.pleinairkids.com
Plein Air Kids - Handmade wooden art boxes for Budding Artists.
#124 of 493 Old 11-01-2004, 01:46 PM

I just love this show! Dh is now addicted as well - funny he's the one who wakes up sunday morning saying "desperate housewives is on tonight! gotta set the vcr so we dont miss it!". Oops, I forgot I wasnt supposed to tell....
I loved last nights episode where Bree tells her dh, "sorry to say that marriage counsilling might not work out. You need to get used to bad cooking" then took the sandwich out of his hand. I hate to admit but I love her character - I swear its not b/c I see myself in her, I promise..
#125 of 493 Old 11-01-2004, 04:19 PM

I almost forgot to watch it! I felt bad for that kid Zach when Bree canceled on him for dinner because her estranged hubby called. I know she's trying to get back together with her husband, but still... that boy needs help.
#126 of 493 Old 11-01-2004, 09:55 PM

I just found this thread. I admit I thought I would hate the show, ABC got lucky that there was nothing else on while I nursed ds the first night. The title makes me crazy, but I love the show.

Here's the thing that gets me: why, oh, why, if you have a body buried under your pool, WOULD YOU DIG IT UP? EVER? Why not just leave it there? Obviously, no one would be looking for it there?

I feel for Lynette, and love her too. She totally has the "exhaustion on the egde of panic/rage" thing down. I was bothered too when the baby was up in the front, but honestly, would leave your wee one to the fates in the back with those other kids? I doubt they'll "forget" about the other kids, since part of her thing is the "4 kids under 6".

I love Julie (Susan's daughter). They should have made her older though. She needs to be at least 15 or 16 to be all that useful (plotwise) otherwise they are expecting too much of a 12 year old, IMO.

Last week I missed the first 10 minutes or so, so I tried to catch them on the Sat rerun, but the movie that was on before it went over, so they skipped the first 15 or so. What happened? Did they listen to the tape that Bree stole from the doctor? What did it say?

R~mama to 3

#127 of 493 Old 11-01-2004, 10:05 PM
Banned

I love the show! I always Tivo on Sunday to watch on Monday.

From what I remember, the tape that Bree stole didn't say much of anything........very dissapointing.

Hey, what happened to Lynette's baby? They never show her anymore..........
#128 of 493 Old 11-01-2004, 11:12 PM

You all are probably the only other people in the world who understand what I'm saying: I want that baby nursed now!
#129 of 493 Old 11-01-2004, 11:20 PM

Okay, Bree is the redhead... Suzanne is Teri Hatcher... which one is Lynette? Is she the blond with the twins? And the one woman that's cheating on her husband... what's her name on the show?

I have to try to catch it in bits and pieces between giving kids their bedtime snack, feeding my 3 dogs, straightening up, blah blah blah. But I love the show so far... it's so entertaining... it's like a People magazine on tv! (Ummm, not that I'd ever *read* that trash )....
#130 of 493 Old 11-02-2004, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnr3301
Last week I missed the first 10 minutes or so, so I tried to catch them on the Sat rerun, but the movie that was on before it went over, so they skipped the first 15 or so. What happened? Did they listen to the tape that Bree stole from the doctor? What did it say?
As far as I can remember, Mary Alice said something about having "the dream" again, and that her name is really "Angela"?? I think that's what it was, not much else.

Candiland, Lynette is the blond with 4 kids. Although two of them seem to be MIA.

DS 12 DS 9 DD 6
#131 of 493 Old 11-02-2004, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chersolly
You all are probably the only other people in the world who understand what I'm saying: I want that baby nursed now!
I KNOW!!!! It's starting to get to me!

DS 12 DS 9 DD 6
#132 of 493 Old 11-02-2004, 02:37 PM

So does anyone else think David works for the FBI or CIA or something?
#133 of 493 Old 11-02-2004, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shenjall
I loved last nights episode where Bree tells her dh, "sorry to say that marriage counsilling might not work out. You need to get used to bad cooking" then took the sandwich out of his hand. I hate to admit but I love her character - I swear its not b/c I see myself in her, I promise..
:LOL Me too. I thought that was great. I bet once he is away from her he is going to miss her ways to some extent. I LOVE the review about the sex counselor next week! :LOL That should be good!

Here is a link to the ABC site for re-caps

ABC re-caps

We may not have it all together, but together we have it all
#134 of 493 Old 11-02-2004, 07:25 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Eh. I don't think this show is supposed to be a breastfeeding or Natural Family Living advocate. They show little snippits here and there that give us the impression that Lynette is kind of crunchy, and that's enough for me. I'm pretty sure if she nursed a baby (like the woman on "Charmed" did) it would offend a lot of viewers. Sad to say. And I simply want the show to succeed.

I think Mike is a hired gun. And I think he is stinkin' cute.

Someone moved my effing cheese.
#135 of 493 Old 11-02-2004, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by journeymom
Eh. I don't think this show is supposed to be a breastfeeding or Natural Family Living advocate.
I know, you're right...but I saw her with that little baby for at least a couple of show's (nursing at the wake) and now...Nothin'! I tend to make these characters a little too real, the mom in me is worried that the baby's hungry :LOL

DS 12 DS 9 DD 6
#136 of 493 Old 11-02-2004, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigpen
the mom in me is worried that the baby's hungry :LOL
: : : : I too have been thinking that babe needs some boob!

Great for nature studies! http://www.pleinairkids.com
Plein Air Kids - Handmade wooden art boxes for Budding Artists.
#137 of 493 Old 11-03-2004, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigpen
Candiland, Lynette is the blond with 4 kids. Although two of them seem to be MIA.
Four kids? I have only ever seen two.Although I missed the first two episodes.Maybe they decided to make it a two child family and hoped the viewers would not notice

And I have to say the latest episode was so good.I have not been this into a nonreality tv show since 90210 :
#138 of 493 Old 11-03-2004, 01:47 AM

I agree with you Jamie, I bet they offed the other 2 kids because it was better to just focus on the twins. They never mention the other two nor show them. Although I *think* they showed the 3rd boy when she was handing out cookies the night she left her dh in charge???

#139 of 493 Old 11-03-2004, 12:04 PM

Oooooops. You are right- his name is Mike. Mike Delfino. Wonder where I got Dave from? Prolly' confused a lot of people.

So anyway, I think he works for the CIA or FBI or something, but I also did think he could be involved in a more, ahem, shady organization.
#140 of 493 Old 11-03-2004, 02:31 PM

I think I missed something, did the boys get kicked out of the other school? and how come they don't just enroll him in another in teh same district?Maybe the dada dug up the truck cause he was planning on selling the house and didn'tw ant to risk the next buyers finding it, still kinda stupid, I mean who digs up a pool?
I felt bad when carlos started crying about gabrielle sheating on him.I understand he's a qorkoholic but is that really a reason to cheat on teh man with a child, that kid's 16, ewww!! They dshoudl be the ones in marriage counseling, and she has no kids or anything surely she could get a job, volunteer..something.
#141 of 493 Old 11-03-2004, 06:24 PM

yeah, it's not so much that I can't spell although I don't spell great but I can't type and I try to type fast cause I don't have alot of time and it just looks a mess. My computer is in teh kitchen and I am usually trying to multitask by cooking something and getting some me time on the net. If I would slow down it would be better, then I don't space when I should cause I'm in a hurry, well you get the pick.
STOP picking on me Carrie!!!!
#142 of 493 Old 11-07-2004, 10:36 AM

Don't forget to watch TONIGHT!

Here's a synopsis of tonight's episode [spoiler alert]:

Warning :: Spoiler Ahead! Highlight to read message!
Lynette locks horns with an officious mom (guest star Sharon Lawrence) at the twins' school who is trying to produce a "politically correct" play about Little Red Riding Hood. Meanwhile, Susan continues to investigate the mystery of Zach's sudden disappearance, Mama Solis (guest star Lupe Ontiveros) comes closer to discovering Gabrielle's dirty little secret, and Bree comes undone when Rex suggests they hire a sex surrogate.
#143 of 493 Old 11-07-2004, 05:56 PM

I can't wait for tonight. I too felt bad when Carlos cried to his mother, but I LOVED her response! :LOL Now that is one mamalion defending her young! I do think the Gabrielle is totally stupid to keep seeing the gardener while the mother is visiting! What a moron, if she gets caught she totally deserves it!

#144 of 493 Old 11-07-2004, 06:35 PM

I can not wait for tonight either!! The preview looked so good.I just hope I can get my son to let me watch it with out missing too much.I am glad they rerun it because I never get to sit and watch the whole thing through.

So whatever happened with Carlos's sketch being shown on tv.Are they dropping that whole subject or am I just being impatient.
#145 of 493 Old 11-07-2004, 07:43 PM

I'm so scared of those knitting needles. Ouch! Boy, am I glad my MIL doesn't have any.
#146 of 493 Old 11-07-2004, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissSugarKane
So whatever happened with Carlos's sketch being shown on tv.Are they dropping that whole subject or am I just being impatient.
I was thinking they threw that in to set up what's going to happen soon...he'll catch his wife and just about the time it all comes out, he'll get thrown in jail. She'll get away with it (except for Carlos' mom, she'll have her to contend with).

DS 12 DS 9 DD 6
#147 of 493 Old 11-07-2004, 08:50 PM

Yeah I wondered that too, good idea pigpen, we will have to wait and see. Weird that Gabrielle didn't say anything to him while in the tub?? I would have been like, um honey????:LOL

#148 of 493 Old 11-07-2004, 10:30 PM

What happened in the tub? I forget. My memory is not what it used to be...

DS 12 DS 9 DD 6
#149 of 493 Old 11-07-2004, 11:21 PM

Yay1 I love this show!
#150 of 493 Old 11-07-2004, 11:23 PM

When Gabrielle and Carlos were in the tub watching the tv...the news showed his sketch. She kinda looked back at him and he asked if their was anything she needed to say....She was still freaked that he had found the sock and nearly caught her and John...so she said Nope.

I'm so glad I'm not the only person who likes this show. lol

Jenn - Mom, Photographer, Barista 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page