LOST -picking up from episode 4... - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 131 Old 11-04-2004, 01:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I haven't watched it yet but of course I couldn't resist coming here to take a peak.
I'm sure there is more water but they are too scared to venture too much out.Can't wait to watch it, was it good???
#62 of 131 Old 11-04-2004, 01:10 PM

OK, I really want to know where the prego lady is!! The last episode I remember she was in she was not doing well at all b/c of not drinking enough water. This is very frustrating... :
#63 of 131 Old 11-04-2004, 01:45 PM

Sawyer looked so fine with his shirt off. Yeah, I know the guy is a skank, but he was so yummy.

Looks like he gets his ass kicked next week.
#64 of 131 Old 11-04-2004, 04:17 PM
Banned

I was under the impression that he's going to get more than his ass kicked.
#65 of 131 Old 11-04-2004, 04:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by owensmom
Interesting Sayid said they were beyond lucky to all survive that crash. Wonder who knocked him on the head?
I'm dying to know who knocked him on the head. Why would anyone on the island not want to get off. My bet at the moment goes to Sawyer. I remember a fight that he had with Kate and she said something to him about him not wanting to be found.
#66 of 131 Old 11-04-2004, 04:47 PM - Thread Starter

For the moment, Im with ya! (So far) there hasn't been any "introduced" carachter I would doubt other than Him. Besided, that MUST be why he was being "dealt with" in the preview for next weeks episode.
I would have thought it would have been (awwwwww whats his name...) The BIG Guy who didnt want off the Island.
Hes the only one we dont know for sure yet was even on the plane.......
#67 of 131 Old 11-04-2004, 05:38 PM

I wonder what the signifigance of Sawyer reading Watership Down is? They've shown him reading it a few times. Maybe a correlation between the bunny's home getting destroyed and having to find a new place?
#68 of 131 Old 11-04-2004, 05:53 PM - Thread Starter

Im starting to think it wanst (HOT!) Sawyer after all...... That would be almost too obvious. But I DO think the others think it was (HOTT!!) Sawyer. (hence the beating)

I think it was whoever was already on the Island.
The Big guy is a suspect for me or maybe the French woman is still around?? maybe some other magical beast??? Though they will all blame it on Sawyer (HOTTIEEEEEE!!!) I dont think *WE* will actually find out in next eppisode...
#69 of 131 Old 11-05-2004, 10:29 AM

Big guy? Do you mean Hurley? He seems like the most normal of them all!
#70 of 131 Old 11-05-2004, 11:12 AM

I think she means Loche and I suspect him to. Sawyer had to be the one to set off the other firework since kate ran off to find jack.
#71 of 131 Old 11-05-2004, 12:58 PM

I only caught the last half of the show. I knew there was something I needed to watch that hour but couldn't remember what.lol

Sawyer gets his ass kicked next week because Shannon has an asthma attack and he has the inhalers(why?) and won't give it to her.

There's a few people missing. That AA woman who says her dh isn't dead hasn't been shown in a couple of weeks.
#72 of 131 Old 11-05-2004, 01:14 PM

we know loche was on the plane. itshowed him lying in the crash, and his wheelchair. they have shown nothing about hurley yet. nak
#73 of 131 Old 11-05-2004, 01:50 PM - Thread Starter

Thats who I was referring to, Hurley-the Big guy./ And I just meant that we havent actually SEEN any account (his or others) that proves he was ON the plane. kwim?

And NO we Dont know that Sawyer took the inhalers. it says he is acused of having them And we dont even know WHY he gets "punnished/tortured". The preview is leading us to believe its about the inhalers, but it could be also that they suspect him of attacking Syid. He *does* get blamed for everything else, yanno.

Where WAS Boone at the time of the "knock-out"??? Was he digging? Was he on the beach? Hmmmmmmmm.... I forget & I already erased it. :
#74 of 131 Old 11-05-2004, 02:09 PM

Oh, I though you meant loche casue he has been the mysterious one. I know he was on the plane. There has been nothing significant about Hurley at all to make him a suspect, anyway he was theer helping dig and so was boone but loche was out in the jungle, hmm...........
#75 of 131 Old 11-05-2004, 02:56 PM

Did I miss this weeks show? I went looking for it but something else was on, wonder if it was on at a different time. Oh well something they run them again on the weekend.
#76 of 131 Old 11-05-2004, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Doula
Where WAS Boone at the time of the "knock-out"??? Was he digging? Was he on the beach? Hmmmmmmmm.... I forget & I already erased it. :
Boone was at the caves, helping to dig out Jack.
#77 of 131 Old 11-05-2004, 03:19 PM - Thread Starter

Well Loche was killin'/skinnin'/guttin'/cuttin'/cookin' that boar & then was dealing w/ Charlie & the drugs............ wasnt him.

Well SOMEONE/SOMETHING whacked Sayid!

Im goin' with "The French Lady did it!"

:LOL
#78 of 131 Old 11-05-2004, 04:56 PM

I thought it looked like some kinda huge bird swooping by him that knocked him down. Who knows? It'll be hard waiting to find out.
#79 of 131 Old 11-05-2004, 04:56 PM

No, Loche wasn't with charlie the whole time, remember charlie went back to help jack get out of the cave.
#80 of 131 Old 11-05-2004, 05:13 PM

Locke was skinning the pig when he wasn't with Charlie. Plus, how can they just wander through the jungle and find each other, when they can't seem to find anything else (like water. On a tropical island. Presumably, it rains a lot. It looks awful lush...).
#81 of 131 Old 11-05-2004, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by owensmom
Anyone else get a Lord of the Rings vibe with the moth? when Gandalf saw the moth, it meant the eagles were coming and something good was happening... when Charlie saw the moth something good was happening to him... probably a big stretch.

Owen's mom...I didn't pick up on that. I took it more to relate to what Loche said about the moth (how he could cut it free...struggle is natures way of making you stronger). I think that was a key in giving him the confidence to not just say "F it", but to look and find the light.

I also think that maybe it was then that he knew he could do it without the drugs, and maybe (since the island is a character), that was his reward for sacrificing and permanently ridding himself of the drugs?

Any thoughts?

Kelly, mama (12yoDS), doula, RN, and writer.
There's no where you can be that isn't where you were meant to be, its easy
#82 of 131 Old 11-05-2004, 05:22 PM

maybe......

so who does that leave?
#83 of 131 Old 11-05-2004, 06:05 PM - Thread Starter

The old French Lady.... I'm tellin' ya!!!
#84 of 131 Old 11-05-2004, 11:24 PM

Quote:
I also think that maybe it was then that he knew he could do it without the drugs, and maybe (since the island is a character), that was his reward for sacrificing and permanently ridding himself of the drugs?
Right! Locke said the island will give you what you want but you have to give up something in return. Last episode Charlie wanted his guitar, Locke told Charlie to give him his drugs and then told Charlie where his guitar was. But it just wasn't that easy. Charlie had to really sacrifice something. Really prove himself. He rid himself of his need for the drugs and the island gave him his confidence, his belief in himself. Something he had not had up until then.

Someone said in the last thread that they thought everyone was there to face their fears. I don't think they're there to face their fears, I think they're there to face their DEMONS. Whatever it is that POSSESSES them. KWIM? Locke was possessed by his need to prove that he could survive in the wild. That he could take care of himself. Remember how he went off on the tour guide dude yelling, "DON'T TELL ME WHAT I CAN'T DO!". Charlie was possessed by the drugs and his feelings of inadequacey. Kate is possessed by her past (still have to learn exactly what that is). Jack is possessed by his relationship w/ his father and how his father made him feel small and like he would never be the man he was.

I can't express enough how much I'm into this show. I'm so hooked!!!

And did anyone notice how the Korean woman stood up to her husband? It was small but significant. He told her what she was wearing was indecent and to put something on. She said, "It's too hot" and didn't move. He looked at her in surprise. She essentially told him "No".

Can't wait 'til next week!
#85 of 131 Old 11-05-2004, 11:58 PM

Great summary Pukka,

I am mostly lurking...I looooove this show!
#86 of 131 Old 11-07-2004, 04:29 PM

My DH had an interesting idea about Locke. He thought that maybe the creature he saw in the jungle killed him and assumed his identity. The creature is now trying to make deals with the other people, starting with Charlie. Remember Locke saying "The Island will give you what you want, but you have to give the Island something"? I think it is just so weird that Locke can find anyone in the jungle, and is always in the right place at the right time. He was there when Jack fell off the cliff, he was there when Charlie was standing on the beehive.

Do you think this makes sense, or is it too much of a stretch?
#87 of 131 Old 11-07-2004, 04:48 PM

I think it's a great theory.
#88 of 131 Old 11-07-2004, 05:31 PM

My quess is it was Locke who knocked him on the head. He is in love with the Island, he thinks the Island is what made him able to walk, what helped Charlie kick his drug habit. My quess is that he feels they are not ready to leave the Island that they are there for some big purpose. So he is preventing them from leaving at this point, he is so in his eliment there why would he want to leave.
I already thought his love and mystical veiws of the island was going to cause prombelms for him, maybe this was the first step.JMO though, either that or someone who was already there. i do not think it was Sawyer it is too obvious.

ETA; I just read your Dh's theory MPJJ that is a very good one. So now I ahve two theories to toy with.
#89 of 131 Old 11-07-2004, 05:44 PM

<i>And NO we Dont know that Sawyer took the inhalers. it says he is acused of having them </i> I thought on the preview they say that he does indeed have them.

I like the idea of they are there to face something. How does that explain the recording though, or are they all facing the fear of not getting off?
#90 of 131 Old 11-07-2004, 07:20 PM

HONOLULU Oct 25, 2004 — J.J. Abrams' television series being filmed in the Hawaiian islands has gotten a vote of confidence.

ABC's plane crash castaway drama "Lost" has been picked up for a full season, which means another nine episodes will be filmed in addition to the 13 already in production, the Honolulu Star-Bulletin reported Friday.

"Lost" has topped the ratings in its Wednesday night time slot.

The series is also one of the most expensive ever filmed in Hawaii. The two-hour pilot was the most expensive in the network's history, costing as much as $14 million. Each episode costs between $3 million and $4 million.

Pixar Continues Success With 'Incredibles'
'The Incredibles' Lives Up to Its Name
Animating 'The Incredibles'
The show is set to be filmed on Oahu through mid-January, after a holiday break.

"Lost" was created by Abrams, the creator of ABC's hit spy drama "Alias," and Damon Lindelof of "Crossing Jordan."

On the Net:

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page