LOST -picking up from episode 4... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 131 Old 10-23-2004, 03:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
OK sooooooooo....... I think Jacks dad is alive.... and stepping back- I think that Mr. Locke (orange peel -wild boar hunter guy) has some secrets..... what *DID* he see??? It's like he made a deal w/ the devil or something... Creepy I tell ya.
#2 of 131 Old 10-23-2004, 11:41 PM

Can I join in here? DH and I are hooked on this show!

Hmmmm....I'm not sure about his dad being alive. I kind of thought that because the never actually show what he sees in the casket or tell what exactly happened between them prior to the crash....

And the old guy...in some ways he's creepy, but others....he makes it interesting!
#3 of 131 Old 10-24-2004, 12:31 AM

And we never actually learned if his corpse made it onto the plane...
#4 of 131 Old 10-24-2004, 12:40 AM

I watched the rerun tonight, and I still don't think the corpse made it onto the plane. That's why I think jack was mad and started to beat the coffin into pieces. But then who knows, this show keeps me guessing at every turn I can't wait until next weeks episode. I wonder if the camp they find (where the water is) is where the broadcast is coming from.
#5 of 131 Old 10-25-2004, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandasMom
I watched the rerun tonight, and I still don't think the corpse made it onto the plane. That's why I think jack was mad and started to beat the coffin into pieces. But then who knows, this show keeps me guessing at every turn I can't wait until next weeks episode. I wonder if the camp they find (where the water is) is where the broadcast is coming from.
Hmmm, I thought it was just another part of their plane that crashed... I think that Jack's dad as a sort of ghost helped lead him to the water and crash site...
#6 of 131 Old 10-25-2004, 01:19 AM

My DH and I thought that somehow Jack's dad was alive because of the same miracle that got Mr. Locke walking again... But then OTOH we figured he was a ghost, and was leading Jack to water (it was kinda obvious). The doll in the water was pretty spooky, too! Anyway, we are hooked on this show too!!!

Leah coolshine.gif adoptionheart-1.gif homebirth.jpg

Hubby guitar.gif, ds (11) REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, adopted dd (10) notes2.gif, dd (6) dust.gif, dd (1) femalesling.GIF & 3 foster dd's wheelchair.gif upsidedown.gif diaper.gif  

#7 of 131 Old 10-26-2004, 03:01 AM

I would have sworn they showed the inside of the coffin and it was empty....did my mind just make that up?
#8 of 131 Old 10-26-2004, 11:14 AM

Nope, it was empty, then Jack grabbed a big stick and started to beat the poor coffin to death.
#9 of 131 Old 10-26-2004, 11:32 AM

great! made me think I was crazy or something, I would have sworn it was empty. I think the body was in it or why would he have checkd the coffin then freak out when it was empty, kwim?can't wait until tomarrow.
#10 of 131 Old 10-26-2004, 02:47 PM - Thread Starter

ON the previews... they find body(s)! What do you think?? are they the bodies of the stranded people from 16 years ago??? Me thinks so.

And what about the up-coming fight between the Single dad & the Jerk husband/Korean guy??? I'v seen that coming....

OHHHH the tension is building!! Thank God for Tivo!
#11 of 131 Old 10-26-2004, 11:23 PM

Oh, I love this show!

We have it TiVo'd, too! I think the site where Jack found the water is not the same plane as theirs. I think it's the first plane (from 16 yrs ago), and it's not even his father's coffin. That doll looked very old, not recent. So I agree those bodies are probably from the other stranded people.

Also, the fight between Single dad and Korean husband- do you think it could be because the Korean guy finds out that Single dad saw his wife nekked? That's what I was thinking the reason could be. But, who knows?

Can't wait until the next episode!
#12 of 131 Old 10-27-2004, 05:43 PM

I definitly think she said something to him about it. I swear I need a life cause I sooo look forward to this show, I wish it was 2 hours or something. i am even having strange dreams about it.
#13 of 131 Old 10-27-2004, 06:31 PM - Thread Starter

I hear ya, I had an "A Polar Bear is chasing me" dream the night that episode was on! :LOL

And I told DH last night "OOOOHHHH I cant wait till tomorrow night!! LOST Is on!!" He said "I know, it looks so intense too! I can hardly wait myself! Hehehehee."

5 1/2 more hours to go!! ARRGGHHHHHH!!!!!
#14 of 131 Old 10-27-2004, 10:09 PM

Ok... I was a tad disappointed in tonights episode, I wanted more on the camp and the long-dead people there. Now there are 2 camps, I wonder if it is going to turn into a good vs evil thing. This is more and more starting to remind me of The Stand, but that's ok, i've read that book at least 20 times, it's my favorite

Could they have possibly put in more commercials? I told hubby that I was just going to DVR it and watch it 30 min's later so I can ff through them all.
#15 of 131 Old 10-27-2004, 10:11 PM

Oh, I LOVE The Stand!!!
#16 of 131 Old 10-28-2004, 01:13 AM

I recorded it and haven't watched it yet but had to sneak a peek in here to see if you'll gave anything away. I did watch the fight(well the beat down) in the beginning but that was it.
#17 of 131 Old 10-28-2004, 01:16 PM - Thread Starter

I thought it was great!
Jack is my hero. Id follow him into the middle of the jungle too! :

I cant figure why Kate wouldnt go with him???

And that korean chick SPEAKS ENGLISH!! :
DAMN GOOD english!!

OK sooooooo..... Jack says that the bodies are like 50+ years old due to the decomposition & condition of the clothes...... So that rules out the whole "Previous wreckage" people scenario. : Hmmmmm.... Only 2 bodies... So its a man & a woman.? But SOMEONE/SOMETHING had to "burry" them there kwim?
And what of that pouch w/ a white stone & a black stone?
Whatever it is.... I got the "Good vs. Evil" vibe too...... They must be significant somehow.....................

there it is..... my jumbled mess of thoughts for this week's episode. I think I'll beat it all over all week till next Wed. & then be surprised all over again. :LOL

Saw the preview for next week.....
#18 of 131 Old 10-28-2004, 01:42 PM

I liked this episode, too!

I had read in the TV Guide spoiler about the Korean woman knowing how to speak English. Do you think their marriage can be salvaged now that they are stuck on the island together? She obviously thought there was some hope, or else she wouldn't have stayed with him at 11:15.

I'm not sure what the significance of the pouch with the stones were... good vs evil seems too obvious, in a way.

I think the people who stayed behind think that if they go to the caves, they are giving up on ever being found. Going to the caves would be like starting a life there, setting up a "home". I'm not very good on theories, though. I was totally off about why Korean guy beat up Michael.

We skipped all the commercials. I just love TiVo!
#19 of 131 Old 10-28-2004, 01:53 PM

As for the stones in the pouch, remember when Loche was on the beach with that little boy playing ... backgammon? He held up the black piece and a white piece. Forgot what he said tho.. pregnancy brain and all that....

Didn't see the pregnant girl this episode? Wonder if she went to the water or stayed on the beach.
#20 of 131 Old 10-28-2004, 02:10 PM

okay, just watched it. There was more than just two bodies, and yeah,her speaking damn good english was a shocker for me, now that she's stuck on the island I know she wished she had skipped out at 11:15 but I wonder what "help" she asked him for?I wonder how they are going to handle the two camp thing.
Okay my theory, I bet it's them(the dead people). Don't ask me how.
#21 of 131 Old 10-28-2004, 02:17 PM

Has anyone noticed the tatoo on the musican young guy? It says Living is easy with your eyes shut. I was watching a John Lennon Beetles docu and finally realized that is from the song Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds. I wonder if they are all dead "eyes shut" but think they are living.

Kim Ann

Mama to 5 boys, 1 girl, and 2 dogs!
I'm getting sick of this world, I may need to live on a commune some where! I miss nursing!!!
#22 of 131 Old 10-28-2004, 02:26 PM

I thought that the woman must speak English! She always seemed to understand what everyone was saying!

You know for a brief while I thought maybe it was like the Sixth Sense and they are all dead but don't know it? KWIM? But I'm not sure now....
#23 of 131 Old 10-28-2004, 03:26 PM - Thread Starter

ok well I thought there were only 2 bodies... a man & a woman.. Hence the comment "our very own Adam & Eve"....??????
#24 of 131 Old 10-28-2004, 03:35 PM

before all that holt said "where did these men come from?" and jack replied "one of them is is female".

I have to record te shows I want to watch to watch it in peace,so I have it on tape.
#25 of 131 Old 10-28-2004, 03:38 PM

I thought there were only two bodies also? I was half asleep though and even missed the stones in the pouch apparently...
#26 of 131 Old 10-28-2004, 08:40 PM

they may have only showed two but he said"men" and jack said "one of them is female".
man, next wednesday seems to far away.
#27 of 131 Old 10-28-2004, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Jack says that the bodies are like 50+ years old due to the decomposition & condition of the clothes...... So that rules out the whole "Previous wreckage" people scenario
Does it? Things are different there. There was 1 polar bear living in those climates which doesn't happen. Decompositon could be faster due to the "magic on the island" as the old man put it.

IMO the korean woman stayed with him because he's abusive to her and she thinks he'd change.
#28 of 131 Old 10-28-2004, 08:59 PM

For your fix until next week...
http://lost-forum.com
#29 of 131 Old 10-28-2004, 09:05 PM

abusive how? do you mean like demeaning her? They never showed him being physically abusive, just the opposite, she slapped the hell out of him and he just looked at her. I wouldn't call him verbally abusive either, just rather dismissive of her.
#30 of 131 Old 10-28-2004, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama25
Has anyone noticed the tatoo on the musican young guy? It says Living is easy with your eyes shut. I was watching a John Lennon Beetles docu and finally realized that is from the song Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds. I wonder if they are all dead "eyes shut" but think they are living.

Kim Ann

Mama 25, the quote is actually from Strawberry Fields although I can figure out the significance of it yet.

Did anyone notice the musician guy slip up and say something like, "So these are the folks who were here first," or something along those lines, as if he knows something no one else does.

Gazing furtively at you from under my siggie!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page