The Apprentice is back!!! - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

#91 of 111 Old 05-14-2005, 03:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Relocating that late in college is a huge problem. This may not be universal but many Universities won't give you a diploma unless you have at least two years credit with them and will not accept very many credits from a different Uni. So it would probably would have teken her another two years to finish a BA . If they crossed state lines she would almost certainly want/need to take a year off to establish residency and pay in-state tuition. So between the added hassle and the year off... I'm not surprised that she got into the groove of working and simply never went back. It happens to many, many people and I don't think it is a comment on her character or her ability to commit, follow through, etc.

That said, she was really full of herself on this task and I think she blew it big time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 of 111 Old 05-14-2005, 01:58 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by allisonrose
And I don't understand Trump saying that it's okay that Tana dropped out with one year to go to move with her husband. There are many mamas on here that juggle marriage, child(ren) and school.
I think he was trying to be PC, can't put down stay at home moms, the network would never hear the end of it!
#93 of 111 Old 05-17-2005, 03:51 PM

ilovebeingamom,

that is exactly what i thought, too! i think it was a PC act.
#94 of 111 Old 05-18-2005, 02:54 PM

I'm jumping in late here but just watched the episode as a rerun last night on CNBC. I have NEVER liked Tana and have to say that I found it a little bit satisfying for others to finally see her as the unprofessional bumpkin I've always thought she was. Sorry, Tana, but running an ebay store does not make you an executive. She is just not suited for the corporate world, and it was made painfully obvious by her behavior in the task. I don't think the producers would have made one of the tasks incredibly harder than the other- I think it's a credit to Kendra's leadership and organizational skills that hers seemed like a piece of cake. Tana cracked under the pressure and her lack of interpersonal skills was accentuated. I honestly cannot believe she thinks she won. She is seriously deluding herself about the power of positive thinking.
#95 of 111 Old 05-19-2005, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcsl
I don't think the producers would have made one of the tasks incredibly harder than the other- I think it's a credit to Kendra's leadership and organizational skills that hers seemed like a piece of cake. Tana cracked under the pressure and her lack of interpersonal skills was accentuated. I honestly cannot believe she thinks she won. She is seriously deluding herself about the power of positive thinking.
I think so too! Kendra had so much less go wrong, it made it seem easier. There was less conflict to tape.

I also thought Tana was being ridiculous with her "executive" speech, and hiding out at the end so she wouldn't run into her team mates? That seems very immature to me.

You could also tell how when she was talking to Kendra about the events she was just fishing to find out how Kendras event went (while keeping her fake smile on her face). I don't know how she thinks she could win either.
#96 of 111 Old 05-19-2005, 12:23 PM

i'm looking forwar to tonite!

you know what bugged me last week? when Kendra was talking to Tana while she was in the bathroom and Tana walked away and went to sleep.

I'm Andrea - I have three boys - 12 year old twins & an 11 year old

#97 of 111 Old 05-19-2005, 01:20 PM - Thread Starter

Thats right ! I forgot about that! That bugged me too...I think Tana knows she is not going to be hired so she was probably trying to avoid Kendra.

Remember how Tanas face looked when she asked Kendra how things went with her team, expecting it to be bad like hers, and Kendra answered "Great, I was in tears when we left, blah, blah" and Tana tried to smile but you could tell that she knew she was screwed...especially at the end of the episode when the teammates walked in...
#98 of 111 Old 05-20-2005, 02:40 PM

I was so happy Kendra won. She presents herself so much more professionally than Tara. Even if Tara did think up the circle design for the car booklet, I think any kudos were totally negated when Tara decided to go to sleep and left Kenda designing the rest of the booklet herself.

By the way, was anyone else raising eyebrows at the positions the women had to chose from? Both of them seemed a few steps down from the guys' opportunities. Sounds like Kendra gets to be a glorified interior designer -not that such a job doesn't have its challenges (not dissing interior designers here!!), but when compared to the previous winners' choices, the women's choices definitely seemed to project less importance and responsibility to me.

What do you think?
#99 of 111 Old 05-20-2005, 02:50 PM

I thought "Once again, Tana shows her true colors" when she was going on and on and ON about the stupid circle design. It was really distasteful and unprofessional. She seemed desperate and was just grasping at anything to try to make herself look good. I think Trump et al really had to work to try to make it not seem like the landslide it was for Kendra. There was never and question who would have won.

It does seem like the job choices weren't as important as Bill and Kelly's.
#100 of 111 Old 05-20-2005, 02:59 PM

ITA about the choices. Although Kelly was give/took on much more than his initial assignment... so she probably will too - Trump does/ has sooo much down here. I wouln't be surprise if she ends up working on a lot more than "just" the house

#101 of 111 Old 05-20-2005, 05:01 PM

One thing I thought about the choices were that they were geared to appeal to each of them. The real estate one in Florida for Kendra, and the Miss Universe one for Tana, who's mainly done clothing selling as her experience leading up to this. It just seems that they were trying to give each of them something that would appeal to them, and what they had experience in.

Liam.
#102 of 111 Old 05-20-2005, 06:27 PM

Trump ticked me off with all his comments about crying. I'd love to inject him full of estrogen and see how he handles himself.
#103 of 111 Old 05-20-2005, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laralou
Trump ticked me off with all his comments about crying. I'd love to inject him full of estrogen and see how he handles himself.
Kendra had an awesome rebuttal though (football players)! He couldn't come back with anything after that.

Yeah, it was pretty anticlimatic. I felt a little bad for Tana, b/c it was obvious that no one had too much positive to say about her; it took a lot of courage I think to go on the show knowing you probably lost. Woo hoo, she thought of a circle? Big deal!

I am happy Kendra won, especially since it will drive Craig crazy. He really irked me!
#104 of 111 Old 05-20-2005, 10:37 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual Storm
By the way, was anyone else raising eyebrows at the positions the women had to chose from? Both of them seemed a few steps down from the guys' opportunities.
I agree with this! When I said that to my hubby he thought I was being overly sensitive or something.

Mama to Blake, 6, and Grant, 4
#105 of 111 Old 05-20-2005, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovebeingamom
Kendra had an awesome rebuttal though (football players)!

#106 of 111 Old 05-20-2005, 11:56 PM

YES the job choices did make me BLINK too !
I initially thought.....good grief he gave them sterotypical job.....beauty consultant and home decorator. No matter if they are multimillion dollar businesses thats what they are!! Sure maybe a female perspective is better in those jobs, but I doubt if they would have been offered to a guy.
And then another thought was that if these choices were made early on....they had to be ready if one of the street smarts won. In that case, as they have said before, they did not want a"non-degreed" person dealing with business leaders around the world, because they wouldn't be dealing in the "same business lanquage".
Lastly, after a little more thought, these two jobs were more like "major tasks" to be completed versus "jobs". Whole series was about tasks and image it seemed versus raising money.
Still a little irked, but the show took a different twist when the two groups were street vs college.
#107 of 111 Old 05-21-2005, 01:41 AM

I thought that was the most lackadaisical finale of any program that I have ever seen. BORING!!!
I had been pulling for Tana throughout the show but starting with the t-shirt task - she just did a 180!

Maybe I'm just getting burned out of these shows?
#108 of 111 Old 05-21-2005, 03:59 AM - Thread Starter

Tana was so embarrassing at the finale...like she really thought her teammates wouldnt come back and rat her out for being lame...hasnt she ever watched this show before? C'mon!

ITA about the job choices...Trump is really sexist.

I dont think I will watch this show next go around.
#109 of 111 Old 05-21-2005, 10:26 AM

I just got around to watching a tape of the finale. What a poor episode. Blech. It didn't help that I didn't like either of the final contestants.

One thing that struck me was the impression that Trump decided way back when who he wanted to win, and geared things accordingly (other than the incredibly obvious it's-going-to-be-a-woman business). I mean, the bit about "each had the 3 hardest-to-work-with members of their original team" -- c'mon, the street-smarts group was, as a group, harder to work with than the book smarts (many of whom still pal around together, sort of like they're all alums of some fraternity now). If Trump wanted to even things up he should've picked some of the milder street smarts group.

I thought the "grand prize" of a job renovating the estate was dorky. But, dh pointed out that considering Kendra put her life on hold for several weeks for the show, and is now having to do this job for a year with no guarantee of future emplyment in the Trump organization, it's nice that at least it's in her hometown.
#110 of 111 Old 05-21-2005, 09:32 PM

Yep and if Kendra is smart she will work her way into that Palm Beach Real estate markets by getting good contacts, network, etc. She can also have the reputation of renovating Trumps big ole house etc.
She needs to make it work for her! And she could make KILLER real estate money. Just like Trump has done!

She did say real estate was her love. So she probably had some ideas for her future.
Bad idea if she plans on dragging volitile Chris along.

Tana did start to go off the deep end at the end. I think it all just got to her and she lost the ability to maintain the image she wanted. I don't think she would have done too well it such a restrictive environment though, with her creativity I think she would have needed more freedom to go at it .... with no "corporate atmosphere" to adhere to. That way she can call people "stooges" if she wanted and not get sued!!!
#111 of 111 Old 05-21-2005, 09:41 PM

Ohthethinks - Kendra is already quite successful down here in the real estate market! In fact 2 weeks ago there was a nice article about her in the local paper. this will be great for her, I think. I am sure she will do so much more than "just" the mansion.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page