AP family on tv last night - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-03-2005, 05:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just saw the repeat of the show tonight.

bpolley, I love what guys did with your new house, esp the kitchen and knocking out the wall. And the "fight" you guys had... it just seemed like typical arguing every couple has... you still looked like a happily married couple at the end of the show. You are one brave mama for tackling moving and renovations with a newborn baby and a toddler to take care of!

I did not like that girl who moved into your old house... she just came off as a spoiled snob, imo.

And I was wondering, do you know what kind of tree is in front of your old house? I love that tree... is it a Japanese magnolia?

I also loved it when you passed your baby to your dh in the new native carrier!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2005, 12:40 PM

OMG!!! I watched the show last night with dh, and I came here to see if anyone else saw it. How totally awesome that the star of the show posts here!

bpolley, I think that you handled everything wonderfully. I was amazed that you took so much on considering that you had just had a baby. I would be about to rip my dh's throat out after all of that. You were much more graceful than I ever could have been. We bought a fixer-uper, and one year later I'm not even 1/2 way done with the painting. My youngest of four is 18mo, and I totally can't handle the chaos in large doses. Did you have a homebirth? Dh and I were wondering since you had a placenta in your freezer. We figured that you either had a HB or smuggled it home from the hospital.

Anyway, it was totally awesome to see AP parents on TV! You made my night.

Oh, and the ahem "lady" that bought your old house was a ^%$#@. I would have thrown her out that freaking window along with her expensive furniture! I don't know how her DH can stomach her. She just thought that her obnoxiousness was too cute.

Old 02-07-2005, 11:09 PM

You guys are so great! Someone forwarded me another message board focusing on kitchen renovations and there was a whole thread about the show and how AWFUL I was and how terrible it was of me to pass the baby off to my husband (everyone said he should have been in a crib and why was I carrying him around!), how awful our fights were (even though our fight was only ten minutes out of 200 hours of film and even then they were filming us secretly from other rooms!) and, as you can imagine, everyone mentioned the placenta and how gross that was.

I could type for hours telling you how we were so misrepresented through editing in the show, but because all of of you were so nice I won't bother. We got 90% of all of that stuff for free so if we ever had to do it again, we would do it in a heartbeat. My only regret is that I wore white pants two weeks postpartum. Nothing in my closet fit and we were so broke after buying the new house I had only $20.00 to spend at Marshall's and those were the only pants in the store I could get over my tushie.
Old 02-07-2005, 11:18 PM

Oh, I forgot to add for Party of Six that we did not have a homebirth because my first child was born by cesearean and its illegal in NJ to have a VBAC at home. But I had a great VBAC with a midwife in the hospital and yes, we "stole" the placenta. My greedy husband and I realized that after the kitchen renovation was done way beyond any means that we could afford, that we'd be reselling this house by next summer to capitalize on the profit so the placenta is still hanging out in the freezer awaiting our next move to our "forever" house.

User Tag List