Home birth on Once and Again - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 12-22-2001, 01:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
On the t.v. show Once and Again last Friday, one of the characters had a home birth. It was the most realistic birth I have seen on film, home or hospital. Her labor built gradually, there were no complications, she even seemed to have a break in the labor between transition and pushing. Of course there was drama because she was caught in a snow storm at someone else's house, and the midwife was late to arrive, but all in all, I was impressed...Did anyone else see it? Like it?

- Chelsea
#2 of 4 Old 12-22-2001, 03:07 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Some of us were chatting about this in "homebirth". This is probably a more appropriate forum, but *shrug* someone started it there. It was a pretty good episode. I was relieved. I had tuned in all ready to be insulted and mad.
#3 of 4 Old 12-26-2001, 03:46 AM

Last March, I was watch "Once and Again" when I went into labor. Afer a while though, I had to turn off the show and have my DH call 911 because I knew the baby was on his way out. So I had an unplanned home birth and I never did find out how that episode ended. (It was that dumb one where there were hostages at the restaurant.)

But that is off the subject...yes I saw it and like it. I cried. I liked the part when Grace hears Tiffany yelling and says, "I'm NEVER having a baby!" and then the yelling turns to a baby crying and the look of wonder on her face.
#4 of 4 Old 01-20-2002, 01:27 PM

this is my FAVE show. I was fairly impressed w/ it. (esp. given my lowered expectations for a realistic birth on TV) I loved the part (as a freebirther) where Tiffany says to LIly, who tells her she is not an expert and can't help her...."But I don't NEED an expert!!" <grin> made me want to cry cuz it was so obvious taht Lily was so hung up on the fact that you need to "know" something to help a woman in labor. Every mother, a midwife!!!!! I say.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page