LOST -March 2 (last NEW eppisode till mid-April) - Page 4 - Mothering Forums
First ... 2  3  4
Television > LOST -March 2 (last NEW eppisode till mid-April)
mama*peanut's Avatar mama*peanut 12:49 PM 04-02-2005
I don't know if this has been posted before, but here's a small list of the numbers being connected.

Lost numbers

I know there is a bigger list but I haven't been able to find it.

owensmom's Avatar owensmom 01:24 PM 04-02-2005
I thought maybe Locke got his "sign" wrong, it wasn't telling him to find the plane, but telling him to stay away... that is why Boone was bloody in his vision, and ended up, er, bloody.

I :heart Dom too.
CarrieMF's Avatar CarrieMF 01:59 PM 04-02-2005
Quote:
I thought maybe Locke got his "sign" wrong, it wasn't telling him to find the plane, but telling him to stay away... that is why Boone was bloody in his vision, and ended up, er, bloody.
This is a very good point.

We know the obvious meaning of the title of the show Lost, they had the plane crash and are Lost but what about the subtle meanings?

Jack has lost his father somewhere in the island because he never found the coffin.

If John's paralysis comes back he has Lost his legs again.

If Charlie finds out about the heroin(how do they know it is heroin and not another drug?) he may lose being clean.

Claire lost giving up her child

They all lost thier freedom and real lives.

For now Sun lost Jin

Had they all lost something prior to the crash? Walt lost his mom, Claire lost her boyfriend, Jack lost his dad, John lost his wilderness trip, Kate lost her freedom prior to the crash by being caught
chersolly's Avatar chersolly 02:03 PM 04-02-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by owensmom

I :heart Dom too.
IMO, the message was sent to Locke to tell him that Boone isn't innocent and can be sacrificed if needed. The vision showed the plane and shared the "Teresa up the stairs/Teresa down the stairs" message -- which shared that Boone isn't all good and that he was basically a spoiled brat who is partially responsible for his Nanny's death.
mama*peanut's Avatar mama*peanut 03:01 PM 04-02-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by chersolly
IMO, the message was sent to Locke to tell him that Boone isn't innocent and can be sacrificed if needed. The vision showed the plane and shared the "Teresa up the stairs/Teresa down the stairs" message -- which shared that Boone isn't all good and that he was basically a spoiled brat who is partially responsible for his Nanny's death.
That's a really good theory. I hadn't thought of it that way.
Ms.Doula's Avatar Ms.Doula 05:09 AM 04-03-2005
they didnt say the nanny died.... just that she fell pretty bad & broke her neck........ maybe she is just paralized??
Ms.Doula's Avatar Ms.Doula 05:10 AM 04-03-2005
sooooif boone *DOES* die.......
and Claire has a son....................
Do ya think she'll name him after Boone????
chersolly's Avatar chersolly 01:45 PM 04-03-2005
I hope not. I'm thinking the baby will get a biblical name, but nothing too overtly religious.

I love Charlie and Claire together and would love for him to be a daddy, but we all know that plane load of H will cause problems down the line.
mama*peanut's Avatar mama*peanut 02:26 PM 04-03-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Doula
sooooif boone *DOES* die.......
and Claire has a son....................
Do ya think she'll name him after Boone????
She'll name him Ethan.
Sorry, I'm just in love with the time warp theory.
fromscatteredtribe's Avatar fromscatteredtribe 05:07 PM 04-04-2005
with four loud little boys and minor hearing trouble, I always watch the show with close captioning, and when Boone was radioing and said "we are survivors of Oceanic Flight 815" the person responded,

"There were no survivors of flight 815..."

I thought that was VERY important, in that SOMEONE HEARD him and understood they were there.
owensmom's Avatar owensmom 05:55 PM 04-04-2005
great idea fromscatteredtribe! and very interesting...
fluffernutter's Avatar fluffernutter 05:59 PM 04-04-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by fromscatteredtribe
with four loud little boys and minor hearing trouble, I always watch the show with close captioning, and when Boone was radioing and said "we are survivors of Oceanic Flight 815" the person responded,

"There were no survivors of flight 815..."

I thought that was VERY important, in that SOMEONE HEARD him and understood they were there.

There are numerous threads and posts on that very topic at lost-forum.com It has been established that CC is not reliable. Several people have listened to it over and over (myself included) and there is a clip somewhere that has been cleaned up (the background noise taken out) and it clearly says, "No, we're the survivors..." Who knows if it's authentic or not, but the general consensus is that the other voice said, "No, we're the survivors..."

Soooo......
mama*peanut's Avatar mama*peanut 06:00 PM 04-04-2005
Good point fromscatteredtribe.
Apparently there is a lot of debate on the Lost boards about what came across the radio, if it was "There were no survivors" or "We are the survivors". Since closed-caption often gets things wrong. The writers have said that they purposely made it so we couldn't tell exactly what was said & it will be very important.

ETA: Fluffernutter, we were posting the same thing at the same time.
fromscatteredtribe's Avatar fromscatteredtribe 09:53 PM 04-04-2005
in response: either way someone KNOWS they are there. whether or not it is the rest of the survivors or someone off the island, it IS relevant.

because I am a little OCD, I want to start an April thread, if there isn't one. feel free to join me there and keep me informed.
JennInSeattle's Avatar JennInSeattle 06:14 PM 04-07-2005
I can't believe that no one had anything to say about last nights episode! What a heart stopper!!
rainsmom 06:16 PM 04-07-2005
It takes me awhile to digest an episode.....and I have to watch it again too. So much happens!
Ms.Doula's Avatar Ms.Doula 06:29 PM 04-07-2005
commenting on the New thread
First ... 2  3  4

Up