LOST -March 2 (last NEW eppisode till mid-April) - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 107 Old 03-02-2005, 04:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone exited for tonight's eppisode??

I bet it'll be a Hellova' Cliffhanger concidering that it'll be taking a 6 week break. Anyone speculating on tonights events??

It's "Hurley's" eppisode.
#2 of 107 Old 03-02-2005, 05:22 PM

I have my vcr primed and ready to tape...i cannot wait to hear hurleys story he is a big sweet teddybear...so they are taking a 6 week break...grr..must be nice.. well i guess this will free up wednesday nights for grocery shopping or the gym??LOL!! :LOL
#3 of 107 Old 03-02-2005, 07:28 PM

I can't wait!!

But the 6 weeks are going to kill me -- especially if tonight's episode ends with a cliffhanger.
#4 of 107 Old 03-02-2005, 11:38 PM

east coaster here..so I will not say to much,....but oh boy oh boy that was a good one!!! eheheheheh...btw on a side note..hurley looks much better with his hair pulled back....need some scrunchies on that island.. :LOL
#5 of 107 Old 03-03-2005, 12:20 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
SIX WEEKS??!!!! WTF? Not okay with me...not okay at all. So they come back in mid-April and run until when? When is the season over?? I won't have a TV after May 15th!!! ACK! No fair.

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#6 of 107 Old 03-03-2005, 12:23 AM

WOW! Lots of information in that episode. I say they are all connected w/ the numbers - not just Hurley. And did you catch that Hurley owned stock in a box company? Locke was a supervisor for a box company, remember?

Funny that Charlie thought Hurley was joking at the end. :LOL

Personally, I don't mind the reruns. I find that I miss a lot the first time around so it's good to get a chance to catch what I miss. I'm really hoping the network will release the first season on dvd this summer.
#7 of 107 Old 03-03-2005, 02:04 AM

very very interesting show.
#8 of 107 Old 03-03-2005, 02:07 AM

JJ leaves us hanging again. Very, very interesting.
#9 of 107 Old 03-03-2005, 02:12 AM
Administrator

I vote it is aliens.

I can't believe I have to wait.....:

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#10 of 107 Old 03-03-2005, 11:27 AM

Hurley!

Anxiously awaiting...
#11 of 107 Old 03-03-2005, 12:44 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
What was the last image they showed......with the same numbers?? Was it plane fuselage???
#12 of 107 Old 03-03-2005, 01:20 PM - Thread Starter

It was the Un-openable "Hatch" that Locke & Boone found. Ohhhhhhh..... The secret lies within'.............

Same numbers there on the hatch door. Yep.

couple things I do know.....

1.) EVERYONE somehow is connected.

2.) They are all supposed to be there, though different situations brought them, it was the same 'force'.

3.) They all seem to be 'getting something' from the island/force. (physicly/mentally/spiritually, ect.) that they needed to improve upon themselves.

4.) IM SO FREAKING HOOKED!!!
#13 of 107 Old 03-03-2005, 01:20 PM

The image at the end of the show was that door or whatever it was in the ground that Boone and Locke were trying to open.

So, last night's episode made it pretty darn clear that everyone's "real" lives were not something that any of thm were REALLY looking forward to returning to. (Well, the regulars, at least.) They all have things they have to deal with before they can move on in their lives.
Here is my own little rundown, hope I am remembering right:
1)Jack- father just died, he probably feels it is his fault because he turned him in
2)Kate- robbed a bank and killed a man, just caught by a US marshall
3)Sawyer- killed a man he really didn't mean to because he was unintentionally doing someone else's bidding
4)Charley- heroin addict who has fallen from the public eye and has no money and no decent relationships
5)Claire- her relationship just ended, she's having a baby and can't decide if she wants to keep it, and some psychic is telling her she has to raise her kid no matter what
6)Boone- loves his scheming step-sister, has been used by her, and just slept w/ her, realizing he has been used once again
7)Jin- ashamed of his family, doing things for his FIL he doesn't want to do, lost touch with his relationship with his wife
8)Sun- lied to her husband, has lost touch with him
9)Sayiid- was responsible for the woman he loved being killed
10)Walt- does not want to keep moving, doesn't know the man he is going to be living with
11)Locke- doesn't want to return to his life of being paralyzed
12)Michael- he is the only one I have trouble fitting into this- he is FINALLY getting his son, which would seem to be a positive given the backstory. But, his son doesn't want to go with him. Michael trusts no one.
13) Shannon- a perpetual user of people, especially her brother, has only non-meaningful relationships.
14)Hurely- poor Hurley, the last one who seemed not to have some terrible haunting past. Was institutionalized, lived with his mother, then won the lottery using the cursed numbers. Everything in his life starts going down hill from there. He doesn't want to continue with things the way they were.

Did I forget any of the main characters?

Anyway, I LOVED last nights episode. I REALLY like the Hurley character. He seems to be the only one who really cares about the *happiness* of the other people. I thought it was great when her handed the guys the battery and said, "She says, 'Hey.'" :

I didn't catch the box company tie-in with Locke- I had forgotten that he worked for one, but I did wonder why the advisor made such a big deal about it. Should have figured it out then.

I can't tolerate waiting six weeks. And something like four more for Desparate Housewives- ABC is SO on my list.

And Ms. Doula, if you're out there- I looked for an eye close-up last night and didn't see one. What gives?
#14 of 107 Old 03-03-2005, 01:27 PM - Thread Starter

yeah ok so... last night didnt open with an eye..... :

BUT that doesnt mean it isn't an important factor somewhere. :nana:

I think that those who's Episodes opened with an eye, are somehow chosen or 'marked' LOL :LOL

Maybe Hurley's 'safe'. :LOL
#15 of 107 Old 03-03-2005, 02:05 PM

Quote:
13) Shannon- a perpetual user of people, especially her brother, has only non-meaningful relationships.
I think there is a lot more to know about Shannon. When they did Sun & Jin's story the first time it was more from Sun's perspective - the second time was from Jin's. When we saw Boone & Shannon's backstory it was more from Boone's perspective than Shannon's. I think they will - or at least they should do another backstory on these two but from Shannon's side. There has to be a reason why she's such a b*tch. She seems really pissed off at the world and I think it has more to do than just not getting her daddy's inheritance. This may be an easy guess but I think her daddy may have molested her.

Re: the cable coming out from the ocean - dh says that looks like a communication cable once used by the Russians. They would use it to communicate to one another w/o being heard by others (as opposed to radio waves) until the US accidentally stumbled upon one and tapped it. hee hee

Anyway, so it seems that whoever was transmitting the numbers was using that cable for communication as well. But to whom? Now I know there is a radio tower on the island that the numbers were being transmitted from and that's what Danielle's group responded to but WHAT was being communicated through the cable? You can't pick up communication from that cable w/o tapping it. And WHO was using it?

Also, you would think that when Hurley handed them the battery he would have said, "Oh and btw, there's a radio tower on the island. It's on the black rock." but he didn't. Hmmmm. Makes you wonder. I mean that's BIG NEWS! Why would Hurley be motivated to get off the island? He's not. He has nothing but a cursed life to return to. So do you think he'll let the others know about the radio tower?

I mean, eventually they have to make their way to the Black Rock because why else would the writers put it in the story?

Ramblings.

Does anyone else lay awake on Weds night and wonder what's going on?
#16 of 107 Old 03-03-2005, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainsmom
What was the last image they showed......with the same numbers?? Was it plane fuselage???
I thought it was the hatch that Locke and Boone had been trying to get open (that they somehow seem to have given up on?)
#17 of 107 Old 03-03-2005, 03:47 PM - Thread Starter

Hey, Pukka

I think the "cable" is just for locating ones way around from deep in the jungle - to the beach & back. Yanno like a trail.
I dont think its a transmitter cable. Siiad would have known that if it was, since he's a communication expert.

But the radio tower.... now that was what was tranmitting the # message/signal.

Curious to see if/how/when Hurley mentions the tower & the 'Black Rock'. & more importantly, who's all willing to go check it out...

And when the hell is Claire havin that baby!!?? Im due now too... But I feel overdue! I wanna see my baby! But I wanna see claire's too!!

(Anyone else think that her baby was injected or tested on while she was gone for those 2 weeks?!?)

OK Im done obsessing on it all...... :LOL
#18 of 107 Old 03-03-2005, 04:31 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I enjoyed last nights episode.

I realize I must have missed an episode, because I never saw a back story on Boone and Shannon. I didn't realize they were stepsiblings.
#19 of 107 Old 03-03-2005, 05:11 PM

I haven't watched last night's episode yet, but I can't wait to!
#20 of 107 Old 03-03-2005, 06:49 PM

Whatever that cable is for, what does it lead to once it hits the ocean?

Hurley may have told them about the tower and rock on their walk back from the French lady.
#21 of 107 Old 03-03-2005, 07:20 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Whatever that cable is for, what does it lead to once it hits the ocean?
Nothing that I am aware of. Ill rewatch it later, but I believe its just the end of the rope there on the beach. As in 'a trail' to follow to find the way to Ruso's "lair" in the jungle.
#22 of 107 Old 03-03-2005, 11:11 PM

I went to watch it tonight and it wasn't there!!
#23 of 107 Old 03-04-2005, 04:49 AM

:
#24 of 107 Old 03-04-2005, 01:37 PM

fluffernutter ~ I bet they'll play it again right before they start the new episodes.
#25 of 107 Old 03-04-2005, 01:44 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
i did not get the impression that Hurley was "institutionalized" but that he might have WORKED at the facility where he encountered teh man with the numbers. he has that nurturing spirit (like when he built the golf course)

I don't think Locke was a "supervisor" of anything

I thought it was Michael who metioned a box company? someone did, but not Locke or not JUST him???
#26 of 107 Old 03-04-2005, 03:03 PM

Quote:
i did not get the impression that Hurley was "institutionalized" but that he might have WORKED at the facility where he encountered teh man with the numbers. he has that nurturing spirit (like when he built the golf course)
If he just worked in the instutition he wouldn't get so mad about people telling him he was crazy and he would probaby just say he worked in one instead of keeping it secret and seeming ashamed about it. Nurturing people can be institutionalized.

Quote:
I don't think Locke was a "supervisor" of anything

I thought it was Michael who metioned a box company? someone did, but not Locke or not JUST him???
Locke worked at a box company AND it was in the same town as the one that Hurley owned shares in.
#27 of 107 Old 03-04-2005, 03:26 PM
Administrator

I am pretty sure that Hurley was insitutionalized - he gets really worked up about being called crazy - the doc knows him, but the counter person doesn't - he makes a comment at the press conference for winning the lottery about "putting his family through a tough time recently". Why he was institutionalized we have a while to figure out. :LOL

#28 of 107 Old 03-04-2005, 05:06 PM

Locke told Boone he was a supervisor at a box company when they first went searching for Claire. Boone didn't believe him and thought he was joking.

Quote:
I am pretty sure that Hurley was insitutionalized - he gets really worked up about being called crazy - the doc knows him, but the counter person doesn't - he makes a comment at the press conference for winning the lottery about "putting his family through a tough time recently". Why he was institutionalized we have a while to figure out.
ITA!
#29 of 107 Old 03-04-2005, 05:25 PM

I think this was a really really good episode.
#30 of 107 Old 03-04-2005, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pukka
fluffernutter ~ I bet they'll play it again right before they start the new episodes.

That's what I was thinking. I may have to watch it online before then though. :LOL

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page