Who else is Desperate for the Housewives? (Spoilers!) - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-24-2005, 11:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I think they will let Gabby have the baby- just think of all the funny story lines. Plus I think she will fall in love with the baby and be a quirky but good mother even if she doesn't breastfeed. I think we forget sometimes that jsut because you don't mother the way others do, that it does not mean you are not a good mommy.

Maggie, wife and mom to three
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2005, 12:55 PM

If Gabby has the baby, she will have a nurse and a nanny so she can still go out shopping and to lunch and sleep all night. It's not going to affect her life very much. And what the nurse and nanny don't do, Carlos will have to pick up the slack. When and if he gets out of jail...
Old 05-24-2005, 01:07 PM

Quote:
I think they will let Gabby have the baby- just think of all the funny story lines. Plus I think she will fall in love with the baby and be a quirky but good mother even if she doesn't breastfeed. I think we forget sometimes that jsut because you don't mother the way others do, that it does not mean you are not a good mommy.
I agree. I could totally see Gabby dressing the baby(provided it's a girl) up in beauty queen garb and taking her to pagents to live Gabby's old lifestyle. I think watching Gabby in labour would be hilarious.

Count me in with those who think Rex may not be dead. Though I can see some great storyline for Bree if he really is dead. I wonder also if Andrew went and saw his dad and the 2 of them somehow concocted faking Rex's death as Andrew's revenge against his mother. IT's far fetched but it'd be interesting, how would Bree ever be able to face her friends after having her family pull something like that on her.

What is with that new family? It wasn't the mother protecting the son from Edie, when the son came out of the house he barely opened the door making sure nobody could see inside.

Mrs. Hubers sister(was her name Mrs. Tilley?) is a new form of creepy but I loved the pudding line. She's kinda like Bree, pretend nothing is wrong.

I think once Mike realizes that Susan is not in her house he'll go to his thinking she's packing or to pack himself. Her car is in the driveway. I hope that Zack kills her though, I can't stand needy people like her. If I was Mike, I would have been thinking "if you phone me 1 more time I'm going to reach through this phone and strange you"

Tom, love him. I like that he's decided to stay at home. Those kids are a handful, but that's because Lynette doesn't have an ounze of control over them. She's somewhat AP but she seems so overwhelmed by her kids that she lets them do whatever they want with no discipline of any kind. I understand that at least 1(or is it 2) has ADHD but she has 3 boys who need some sort of discipline and a girl who will turn out just as out of control. 1 or 2 kids in a family with ADHD I could see, beyond that I start to question the parenting. This is no offense to anyone who has a kid who does have ADHD, I just know too many families who have all of their kids labelled as it and drugged up when the families don't do any discipline. If I was Tom I would go on long business trips too to avoid the chaos at home. Tom seems to have more discipline with the kids and I could see those kids behaving better with Tom as the SAHP.
Old 05-24-2005, 01:57 PM

Lynette's kids do NOT have ADHD. She had the medication for it because the dr. was quick to diagnose and prescribe. She almost gave them the meds once but realized it was wrong to do so just to control them and that they were just rambuctious boys. Plus, the boys refused to take it (smart boys). I think her boys are getting better, personally. She just has to threaten them with taking them over to Bree's house now. :LOL

Quote:
Tom seems to have more discipline with the kids and I could see those kids behaving better with Tom as the SAHP.
There was one scene where the boys were playing hockey in the house and Tom told them about 3x to take it outside but the boys paid him no attention. Then Lynette tells them the same thing ONCE and off they went. I think Tom is in for a rude awakening but I can see the writer's keeping him the SAHP for the entire next season because it has the potential to be gooding writing.
Old 05-24-2005, 03:20 PM

The actor who plays Rex was on Jay Leno last night (or was it David Letterman?). And now I think Rex really is dead.

He (the actor) talked about how they (the creators and he) had spoken about him coming back for 'flashbacks' next season, but that didn't seem very probable. He also said that he had been told that his character probably wouldn't last more than two seasons, and he knew it wouldn't be a long-term job. They have to keep the housewives "Desperate", after all.

Maybe they didn't milk the death scene because they wanted all of us to wonder about it all summer, ha ha.

Ann-Marita. I deleted my usual signature due to, oh, wait, if I say why, that might give too much away. 

Old 05-24-2005, 04:41 PM

I read over at TVGuide.com that the character/actor in the spoilerbox below has been given a full series regular contract for next season.
Warning :: Spoiler Ahead! Highlight to read message!
Roger Bart the psycho pharmacist
Old 05-24-2005, 04:48 PM

chersolly, that's interesting... thanks for the info.
Old 05-24-2005, 07:46 PM

I'm bummed that Rex is dead.

When does the new season start for all the shows?
Old 05-25-2005, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Lynette's kids do NOT have ADHD. She had the medication for it because the dr. was quick to diagnose and prescribe. She almost gave them the meds once but realized it was wrong to do so just to control them and that they were just rambuctious boys. Plus, the boys refused to take it (smart boys). I think her boys are getting better, personally. She just has to threaten them with taking them over to Bree's house now.
Thanks, I must have missed that episode. I thought her kids actually had it.
Old 05-25-2005, 11:58 AM

I was really bummed too that it was Rex. I really liked the dynamics of that relationship (well, not really but you know - for drama sake) and it really seemed to be turning a corner. Wonder why we haven't seen Andrew in a while. Is he still plotting against his mom? And now that his dad is dead - he will REALLY lash out at Bree.

I DO NOT LIKE George the creepy pharmacist! Ugh. I can't wait until Bree finds out what he did. She will lose it on him, I bet.

I already miss this show. :LOL
Old 05-25-2005, 12:24 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I thought some secret about Annabel was going to be revealed? No?
Old 05-25-2005, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleine Hexe
I'm bummed that Rex is dead.

When does the new season start for all the shows?
We'll be lucky if the new season starts in September. Sometimes they push it to the beginning of October...
Old 05-25-2005, 02:51 PM

I'm coming back from vacation at the end of Aug so I won't miss anything. Hope it's not Oct though.
Old 05-25-2005, 04:15 PM

Hell, half the shows didn't premeire until nov.

Jam 7, Peanut Butter 5, and Bread 2.

User Tag List