Grey's Anatomy, I can't believe there's no thread! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-10-2005, 04:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Good show last night!

I was so touched when Burke tried his hardest to get to the OR where Christina was. He even stood up to the Chief, which I am sure was something he would NEVER do.

And the little preemie is just killing me! I really think McDreamy is getting a little more attached than he'd like to let on. I like the way his wife is really advocating for this baby.

I;m really excited to see how the Burke/Christina thing unfolds, as well as the Meredith/McDreamy thing too.

Oh, I totally love Dr. Bailey, too. I loved her with the doll heads last week, and she really showed a lot of compassion and tact this week.

Six more days till sunday......... :LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2005, 07:16 PM

I liked McDreamy and Meredith together. But I like McWifey too. And I kinda hope he forgives her. I'd like to see them reuinited.

I also like how Meredith is being clear and honest with McDreamy.

I hope that George builds up confidence to ask her out.

Seems like they are setting that whole deal up with her mom calling him thatch, too.

His climbing in bed with her was odd though.

Isaiah Washington
Old 10-10-2005, 07:45 PM

I just can't see Meredith going out with George, she seems too... I don't know, uppity? for George. He needs a nice down to earth girl, someone who can give him the attention and love that he needs and deserves. He's the nice guy - and you know what they say about nice guys and where they finish.

I know everyone knows about Meredith and Dr. Shephard, does anyone (other than Meredith) know about Christina and Burke? I can't remember if that came out or not. I know George saw them kissing, but did it come out to everyone else?
Old 10-10-2005, 07:47 PM

no one else knew but George I'm sure has already figured it out... (maybe?)

I'm Andrea - I have three boys - 12 year old twins & an 11 year old

Old 10-10-2005, 08:54 PM

Thanks Andrea - I couldn't remember if he had said anything to Izzy or anyone else. Actually, didn't he say something like "is there any reason Christina would be kissing Burke?" or am I thinking of something else? Darn this preggo brain of mine! I can't remember anything lately :
Old 10-10-2005, 09:02 PM

oh yeah! who did he say that too? Izzy? In which case Izzy might have guessed now too

Old 10-10-2005, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chersolly
Randomness...

-For Alec and Izzy to be remotely interesting he needs to have some sort of horrible childhood trauma, because I am bored by them. Pretty + Pretty ≠ Interesting!
He did allude to an abusive childhood in a recent episode.

Quote:
I'm warming up to Dr. Bailey. Last week, her doll collection and this week how she stood by Christina's side, during the surgery and after. They call her nazi, but she is really their big momma and a softie on the inside.
I love Dr. Bailey, ever since she sort of insisted on being invited to the kegger at Meredith's house that time. She's awesome - she reminds me of an instructor I had in art school.

Quote:
George is such a good guy.
I think George is the sweetest, more adorable thing ever....I just can't get into McDreamy b/c I remember too much of Patrick Dempsey in his ginormously geeky days. :LOL

Loved how George-playing-Thatcher stood up to the Sr. Dr. Grey and told her off.

Quote:
.... but damn, McWifey was way too overstyled for a hospital.
Yeah, no kidding - although I will say that my DD's ped always came into special care nursery nighttime rounds looking like a million bucks, in heels and everything.

Every baptized Christian is, or should be, someone with an actual (disturbing) experience, ... a close encounter, with God; someone who, as a result, becomes a disturbing presence to others. - Fr. Anthony J. Gittins, A Presence That Disturbs
Old 10-10-2005, 09:29 PM

I can't remember if it was Izzy he said it to or not - but most likely it was. I liked her comment about how she feels like Meredith and Christina are "over there" and she's "over here" reminds me of how I always felt in a group of "friends"
Old 10-11-2005, 02:03 PM

I agree it is hard to hate Mrs/Dr. Sheppard although I want to.... I have started to dislike Derek though....even though I don't want to! :LOL

I REALLY enjoyed him and Meredith together...and now he is kissing his Ex??? : Didn't care for that at all!
I was feeling for him when his ex came back and the story came out of their relationship...and I sided with him for being so offish with her....but then he kisses her back??? Poor Meredith, I think we gave Derek more credit then he deserved! Hope he knows he sold out Meredith...I am surprised that kiss wasn't caught by anyone, I was sure it was going to be. Glad it wasn't though because he can deal with this all in his own head and Meredith doesn't have to be weighed down by it.

Not really interested in the Alex and Izzy story line yet.....

Do enjoy Dr.Bailey...always have. Very impressed that she is showing her compassionate side....hard nosed and caring...she deserves respect!

And Christina and Dr.Burke...I agree THE most interesting story line right now. Although I have been less then impressed with the arrogance Dr.Burke has been showing lately...but also know that he was being a tough man with Christina after she totally denied him.

I so look forward to Sundays and that is SOOOOOO wrong because I am wishing all week for weekends to get here and then I am looking forward to Sunday evening so that I can watch GA....and then I am back to wishing the week again. Crazy vicious cylce! :LOL
Old 10-11-2005, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carsonsmama
I agree it is hard to hate Mrs/Dr. Sheppard although I want to.... I have started to dislike Derek though....even though I don't want to! :LOL

I REALLY enjoyed him and Meredith together...and now he is kissing his Ex??? : Didn't care for that at all!
I was feeling for him when his ex came back and the story came out of their relationship...and I sided with him for being so offish with her....but then he kisses her back??? Poor Meredith, I think we gave Derek more credit then he deserved! Hope he knows he sold out Meredith...I am surprised that kiss wasn't caught by anyone, I was sure it was going to be. Glad it wasn't though because he can deal with this all in his own head and Meredith doesn't have to be weighed down by it.
i don't think you can reakky blame him. I mean you get married b/c you love someone she cheated on him so it broke his heart but it's not like he fell out of love with her, so there is still some feelings. so when someone you love kisses you naturally you kiss them back. Just imaginer a kiss from you dh right after he did something sweet and that feeling in your stomache that rises up through your body as you kiss. when it hits your lips you can't not kiss.then him and meredith are broken up right now she made it clear she wants nothign doing with him so he's not cheating on her they aren't together and he is within all rights to kiss someone else.

i agree it's sad for meredith i feel worse for dr.sheapard (him) b/c he has two people he loves and he will have to decide between them. love is a funny thing.

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

Old 10-11-2005, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skellbelle
I just can't get into McDreamy b/c I remember too much of Patrick Dempsey in his ginormously geeky days. :LOL
:LOL

Dani, wife to Cullen - 9/2002, mom to CJ 11/2004, Billy 12/2007 and Nora 7/2009
Old 10-11-2005, 09:58 PM

Ack, I have such a love-hate relationship with this show. I've almost let go of all my hangups on how incredibly stupid they are in portraying any semblance of a real hospital or residency, but lately it is making me bonkers.

Mrs. Dr. McDreamy -- what is she? Supposedly a pediatric surgeon, then why is she doing Christina's ectopic surgery? That should go to an OBGYN. Why is she involved with this preemie? Her only surgical need appeared to be neurosurgical, so shouldn't a neonatologist be the one caring for her and consulting McDreamy? And when the hell does she have time to hotroll her hair?

Why is a heart surgeon doing a liver biopsy? Do they have no other general surgeons? Who the hell does an emergent liver biopsy, particularly in a patient with diverticulitis? Man, let the lady's infection resolve before you go sticking needles into her liver!

And going back an episode, a blunt trauma victim who had a PEA code in the field does not get a pericardiocentesis or a window or a thoracotomy. He does get a trauma team response, not one intern and one nurse working at the speed of molasses.

Ahhh. Thanks for letting me get that out. Now I can go back to just drooling over McDreamy, enjoying the Izzy/Alex sexual tension (please prolong it just a little, please?), and enjoying Burke (loved his inability to stop smiling! great acting in that scene!) and Christina.

Shannon, mama to Jack :
: : : : : :
Old 10-11-2005, 10:23 PM

Ok Shannon, points taken. Now, can I just say I'm glad I know so little about medicine so I can just enjoy the pretty people?

Jesse
Old 10-11-2005, 10:28 PM

:LOL Yes. And they sure are pretty.

Shannon, mama to Jack :
: : : : : :
Old 10-11-2005, 11:22 PM

:
I LOVE this show!
Old 10-13-2005, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chersolly
Randomness...

-For Alec and Izzy to be remotely interesting he needs to have some sort of horrible childhood trauma, because I am bored by them. Pretty + Pretty ≠ Interesting!
That whole cast is pretty people!
Old 10-13-2005, 07:29 PM

that they are - which is probably what lures me in and glues me to my set every Sunday night :LOL
Old 10-15-2005, 04:12 PM

subbing!
Old 10-17-2005, 01:06 AM

I hate when a show makes me laugh and cry during the same episode.
Except not.
Old 10-17-2005, 01:16 AM

omg!!!!!

burke and christina, how f-ing cute i loved that.
that is my main interest right now.. I am over Meredith and sheperd's thing it's just like get over it. but burke and christina is my storyline i love it i love it i love it!!

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

Old 10-17-2005, 01:18 AM

They need to rename the show "Bailey's Anatomy" because she. is. the. bestest.
Old 10-17-2005, 01:20 AM

I love Dr. Bailey. By far my favourite. Loved the elevator scene where she told Dr. Shepherd how it is. So sad the patient died though.

Loved the scene at the end with Burke and Christina. Very sweet. Wonder how that will go.

Still not liking Izzy and Alex. Just can't get into it. Just weird.

And poor George.

As for Mrs./Dr. McDreamy and the CF patient. Come on, does she do everything?! Enoughs, enough.

I think Dr. Shepherd is not signing those papers. Hopefully they will play it right. Divorce is hard and signing those papers, even if you've been wronged is not easy. They can really milk this one as I think most people really like the wife.

Interesting twist with Richard and Ellis Grey though, Don't ya think?
Old 10-17-2005, 10:15 AM

yes that was an interesting twist, and I'm sure it will come out to Meridith...

I think Meredith needs to move on... even if they do get divorced Mc Dreamy will be on the rebound... not a good idea - get out now while the getting out is good... lol

I Burke & Christina that last scene was perfect

Alex failing his test & then being cold to Izzy? : don't like them together anyway, think he's a jerk anyway... but that's just a stupid storyline. yep, he's gonna be a real jerk, not like he isn't already.

Old 10-17-2005, 11:22 AM

During the Burke and Christina scene I was totally crying....it was so sweet.

Love Dr. Bailey, hate the Izzy/Alex thing, he is yucky.

Interesting twist with Richard and Ellis...the married man thing must run in the family.
Old 10-17-2005, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendygrace

Interesting twist with Richard and Ellis Grey though, Don't ya think?
I KNEW immediately, the moment she said, "Look, the OR's empty", where the storyline was going. Suddenly, it all made sense - why Richard had been using George to avoid Ellis and being so uptight about the whole thing.

It was hard not to giggle at Yang when she was crying uncontrollably and screaming, "Somebody SEDATE me!" - but I thought it was great that they acknowledged the baby blues. And Burke coming in to unabashedly comfort her - and Christina accepting his comfort - was just so. danged. sweet.

Bailey rocks. I wish I could be just like her.

Quote:
As for Mrs./Dr. McDreamy and the CF patient. Come on, does she do everything?! Enoughs, enough.
I LOVED it when Meredith called her on that...but of course, McWifey just had to have a withering reply. :

Apparently, she DOES do everything...all on no sleep and looking fabulous, I might add. It's so easy to hate her.

Every baptized Christian is, or should be, someone with an actual (disturbing) experience, ... a close encounter, with God; someone who, as a result, becomes a disturbing presence to others. - Fr. Anthony J. Gittins, A Presence That Disturbs
Old 10-17-2005, 01:39 PM

Ok, I've got the pregnancy hormone thing going on, but OMG I was in tears for half the show last night! First when Dr. Bailey was working on her patient, I got pretty teary, then when Christina started crying, I teared up some more. When Bailey called the parents, I really started crying, then when Burke crawled into bed with Christina I totally lost it and had tears just streaming down my face. It was such an emotional show last night!

The thing with Richard and Ellis - I actually did NOT see that coming at all. What rock do I live under :LOL

Meredith's love triangle - I'm over it.... Burke and Christina, that's the storyline I want to see develop.
Old 10-17-2005, 01:54 PM

Kind of surprising we are all on the same wave length when it comes to the McDreamy....who gets him story line!
Let's MOVE on!!
He obviously isn't over his wife...although to tell you the truth I feel nothing between the two of them. Which is probably the reason I prefer Meredith for him...just because they seem to have chemistry.
Although...I don't really want Meredith to have to settle for him now that we know he isn't over his wife.

And very good point...what a jack of all trades she is! I don't think Bailey was too impressed with her after that surgery....She was all cocky and then pow just seemed to give up on the patient....who I realize couldn't be saved...but...I do love Dr.Bailey.

Izzy and Alex...who cares.

Interesting with Richard and Ellis....wonder why we need to know about that though. What is it going to change?

LOVE LOVE LOVE Burke and Christina! The last scene was the best!...(well except for that outfit he was wearing!! :LOL I couldn't help but laugh)
Old 10-17-2005, 03:32 PM

am i the only one who guessed last week about eliis and richerd? it was hinted at when she called burke richard and was being nice to him and she was mean to goerge who she thought was her husband.

courtney

Old 10-17-2005, 04:13 PM

Burke snuggling up to an emotional Christina was the best thing I think I've ever seen on television. So sweet. Its a lot for him to digest, because he found out about the baby/ectopic all at once. So for him to actively seek out Christina and comfort her in her sadness really drives home what a great guy he is.

Did anyone catch how he was grinning from ear to ear when Meredith(?) was telling him how Christina was not staying in bed and sneaking the charts?

I loved when Christina had to turn around and walk away and everyone saw her underwear! :LOL

George-I normally like him but last night was somewhat disappointed in him. Sure, he wasn't doing surgery, but he had an important job to do nonetheless..

Bailey getting all emotionally involved with that patient really got to me. And when she called his parents, well...it was just so heart wrenching.

I'm loving this show more every week. I have to agree that the Christina/Burke storyline is by far the best.

OH! And when she told her mother to "go upholster something" when she got pissed with her was funny! :LOL
Old 10-17-2005, 06:26 PM

The only thing that bothers me is I think the general consensus is that it's NOT best to indulge the fantasy world of patients with any kind of dementia. I just found that whole thing very implausible - to require George to do it, and to do it at all.

User Tag List