Grey's Anatomy, I can't believe there's no thread! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 666 Old 10-26-2005, 12:21 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sntm
And no way George identified the source of bleeding to the vena cava.
Just curious, how come?

That was all really interesting by the way...You would think they'd have medical consultants. They probably do I guess, but the writers take some artistic license for the purpose of drama.

Mom to two boys, 7 and 10.  Expecting 3rd boy any day now with DH (his first).

#122 of 666 Old 10-27-2005, 08:24 AM

The vena cava is on the right side of the aorta, he was operating on the left side. It is somewhat flimsy (at least in comparison with the aorta) and not something where you could just "feel" a hole. Okay, maybe it's plausible that an experienced surgeon could note a defect and identify it, but George had to be told how to distinguish the esophagus from the aorta, so I ain't buying that he could identify the vena cava, much less pinpoint a hole in it.

Shannon, mama to Jack :
: : : : : :
#123 of 666 Old 10-28-2005, 12:37 PM

I don't care about the medical stuff in the show at all. I hope it doesn't get too medically involved like ER. I just like the drama of the people. I want an evening soap opera and not a Discovery medical documentary.
#124 of 666 Old 10-28-2005, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleine Hexe
I don't care about the medical stuff in the show at all. I hope it doesn't get too medically involved like ER. I just like the drama of the people. I want an evening soap opera and not a Discovery medical documentary.
:
#125 of 666 Old 10-28-2005, 01:46 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
i remember seeing a medical show that was so poorly done, medical-wise, that the person was intubated and TALKING at the same time

i am sure also like the PP said that a COP who was SHOT would have been rushed and had a horde of folks with him...not plausible...and if burke's head could almost fit through the door, meredith or someone her size probably could squeeze through....certainly some sterile gowns, etc, could
#126 of 666 Old 10-28-2005, 02:57 PM

Quote:
I want an evening soap opera and not a Discovery medical documentary.

I just want some cute docs to look at and some good dirt!
#127 of 666 Old 10-31-2005, 01:03 AM

Damn! A near perfect episode ruined by formula feeding.
#128 of 666 Old 10-31-2005, 01:04 AM

WHY why why why why did they mess up my favorite show!!!!!!!!! :

So who's writing the first letter to the show?! UGH! They ruined a great show with the last 5 minutes! I'm so pissed. WHY!? There was no reason for it!
#129 of 666 Old 10-31-2005, 02:49 AM

i started making my first wool soaker at 8pm and by the time grey's anatomy was ending i was wrapped up in the final stitches (it was too small, so it will be a doll's soaker) i didn't look up enough as I was listening to notice the formula ....TOO BAD, unless maybe it was the burn victim (were her breasts burned; her belly sure was?)
#130 of 666 Old 10-31-2005, 04:08 AM

Yup--totally bummed about the bottle. I will naively think that it was EBM.

Ok, so, distraction & noise abounds in my house--what did the young woman impaled on the pole want Dr. McD to tell her fiance? I couldn't hear. Thanks!
#131 of 666 Old 10-31-2005, 04:55 AM

That if love were enough, she would be with him right now.

I though tonight's episode was awesome, even though I missed the first fifteen minutes. When Bailey stopped the elevator so McD could get it all out, when that girl was saying she wanted to believe there was a heaven, everything, just amazing. I'm so in love with this show...the writing, the acting, the comedy, the stories....amazing. The stuff with Christina and the leg was brilliant. I'm kinda glad McDreamy is staying with his wife, but feel bad for Meredith making a fool of herself. That stuff he said last time about her being his family makes a lot of sense.

blah blah blah, I'm just so excited to finally have a good show on tv.

And I'm letting the formula thing go. I noticed it too and felt a little twinge, but told myself not everyone breastfeeds, and it's not this show's job to be advocates for anything. That's ER's job. Heck, a good friend of mine bottlefed in the hospital because of breast surgeries that prevented her from breastfeeding. So, I'm pretending that's what happened here.

Mom to two boys, 7 and 10.  Expecting 3rd boy any day now with DH (his first).

#132 of 666 Old 10-31-2005, 05:06 AM

McD has to go back with his wife so Meridith and George can get together.

I just love George. I married a guy like George in a lot of ways.

Jesse
#133 of 666 Old 10-31-2005, 05:07 AM

Oh, and we don't know it was formula.
#134 of 666 Old 10-31-2005, 09:01 AM

ok the formula made me mad!
When Bailey stopped the elevator so McD could get it all out - i lost it!
choosing the wife- wrong decision!!
the girl impaled dying - upset me so i had trouble falling asleep! why did they have to tell her? couldn't they have put her to sleep and never said you will die?!!
yang to burke- you're my boyfriend- what a line! i loved it!
#135 of 666 Old 10-31-2005, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Yah, Meredith is annoying the heck out of me. ITA with a pp a few weeks ago who said Christina would be a better lead. That begging bit put her wayyy down in my book. Agh
I agree here. Only one other time have I watched a show where I couldn't stand the main character - and that was Aly McBeal. And come to think of it, Grey's character is just about the same - neurotic, self-involved. It's just painful to watch.

I have to admit, I really, in my heart believed that McDreamy was better off choosing his wife. I would. I can't figure out exactly what Grey's qualities are aside from being hot.

But some of the other characters are compelling, so I keep watching.

Oh, and ITA about all the medical innacuracies - as an RN, I find that really distracting -- as is the treatment of nurses.
#136 of 666 Old 10-31-2005, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieM
Ok, so, distraction & noise abounds in my house--what did the young woman impaled on the pole want Dr. McD to tell her fiance? I couldn't hear. Thanks!
It was something like ""if love was enough, she's still be there with him"... Something like that.

When I saw two pregnant women, I figured two people would die in this episode. I thought it would be the two pole people, not cellphone beyotch.

I like how Alex got his groove back and how Izzy and Meredith snarked on Addison's salmon coloured scrubs.

Izzy seems better suited for OB/GYN surgical work or maybe that's because she doesn't get enough screentime.
#137 of 666 Old 10-31-2005, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Court
I'm kinda glad McDreamy is staying with his wife, but feel bad for Meredith making a fool of herself.
At least she admitted (to Joe the bartender) how pathetic she was!

Was anyone else bothered by the fact that interns who'd just finished a (12-hr?) shift AND had been drinking were allowed to work on patients?! Sheesh.

Every baptized Christian is, or should be, someone with an actual (disturbing) experience, ... a close encounter, with God; someone who, as a result, becomes a disturbing presence to others. - Fr. Anthony J. Gittins, A Presence That Disturbs
#138 of 666 Old 10-31-2005, 10:06 AM

I never cried so much b/c of a t.v. show as I did last night!

Erin-doula and mama to Ari Beat (4/7/03) and Eli Roots (3/27/06) angel.gif 6/09 angel.gif 10/09 and sweet Bodhi (6/25/11). Now growing #4 who we will meet in October joy.gif
#139 of 666 Old 10-31-2005, 10:18 AM

Anyone else think that McDreamy will eventually leave his wife? I thought I heard she was only going to be on for a few more episodes.
#140 of 666 Old 10-31-2005, 10:28 AM

This can't be the end of the McDreamy, Meredith, Addison drama! I hope not, and I know it is right for him to be with his wife, I want Meredith to win

I just love this show, so much better than Desperate Housewives!

Busy wife to dh for 5 years and mama to ds1 (11.09.04), ds2 (7.17.06) and ds3 coming Aug 09. :::
#141 of 666 Old 10-31-2005, 10:37 AM

i read a spoiler somewhere that derek chooses addison for now but goes to meredith later!
#142 of 666 Old 10-31-2005, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollysMom
Anyone else think that McDreamy will eventually leave his wife?
Of course he will...to have them walking happily into the sunset and make that the "end of the story" would be too dull and boring.

My synopsis of what's going to happen w/this storyline (I've put in spoiler tags just in case anybody hasn't guessed already):

Warning :: Spoiler Ahead! Highlight to read message!
McDreamy'll cheat on Addison w/Meredith, and then McWifey will be pissed, and he'll justify it by saying they're even b/c she cheated on him, and it'll be dragged out right into the 2007 February sweeps, I'm sure - and we'll all be totally sick of the whole drama then, like I said before.

But perhaps by then, George will be pulled into the whole love triangle (making it a love quadrangle? ) and it'll be more interesting.

Every baptized Christian is, or should be, someone with an actual (disturbing) experience, ... a close encounter, with God; someone who, as a result, becomes a disturbing presence to others. - Fr. Anthony J. Gittins, A Presence That Disturbs
#143 of 666 Old 10-31-2005, 11:15 AM

George is too good for Meredith.
#144 of 666 Old 10-31-2005, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chersolly
George is too good for Meredith.
Yup! ITA! She drives me crazy sometimes.

Dani, wife to Cullen - 9/2002, mom to CJ 11/2004, Billy 12/2007 and Nora 7/2009
#145 of 666 Old 10-31-2005, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chersolly
Damn! A near perfect episode ruined by formula feeding.
I KNOW! I saw that... but one was burned badly so I doubt she could've breastfed... It definitely did not look like breastmilk being fed to the other baby though... but we'll never know for sure.

Dani, wife to Cullen - 9/2002, mom to CJ 11/2004, Billy 12/2007 and Nora 7/2009
#146 of 666 Old 10-31-2005, 11:50 AM

It was the other mama (not the one who was burned)who was feeding the baby the bottle though

Erin-doula and mama to Ari Beat (4/7/03) and Eli Roots (3/27/06) angel.gif 6/09 angel.gif 10/09 and sweet Bodhi (6/25/11). Now growing #4 who we will meet in October joy.gif
#147 of 666 Old 10-31-2005, 12:08 PM

I was really surprised they didnt just do the obvious and have him be with Meredith.

And why was he crying about it? Isnt he staying with the wife bc he still loves her.....? Or bc he's scared to leave her? Either way, their relationship is doomed......... I hope they give Meredith an equally dreamy guy to meet in a few episodes. I dont think I can continue to watch her in such agony every time they see eachother.
#148 of 666 Old 10-31-2005, 12:31 PM

I don't think he was crying over choosing his wife, I think he was crying more because of the life/death decision they made with Bonnie and Ted (the people impaled on the pole) He choked up when telling her fiance what she wanted him to say.

I cried so much last night - OMG it was an awesome episode! I feel bad for Meredith, but I believe Shephard did the right thing in choosing his wife. You could tell that George wanted to comfort Meredith but he's still afraid to show his true feelings. Izzy knows though doesn't she?

Bailey "10 years of marriage and I didn't even get to finish my lobster..." I LOVE her!
#149 of 666 Old 10-31-2005, 01:07 PM

I am very disappointed about the bottles. A PP said a show is not supposed to advocate either way...well, then how about *not* showing bottles or breastfeeding then. If you don't want to show breastfeeding for whatever reason then leave out bottle feeding as well. Why can't they just show a mom sitting in the rocker holding and smiling at her baby...no feeding of any kind involved? It makes you wonder if the show gets a kick back from formula companies. That 30 second scene implants the idea of bottle/formula feeding as being the norm to all the young people who watch the show. Think of how often the younger generation is bombarded with formula feeding images. :

As to the show I'm seeing it take a direction of ER and I don't care for it. It's getting to medically dramatic and too involved with the patients. I don't want another ER.

If Izzy starts on the OB path I may have to stop watching. I'll get pissed every show about the birthing and baby feeding crap.

I don't like how Alex got his mojo back. It was mean. I think he should of gotten it back by saving the cell phone lady and her then being sorry she called him a useless Dr. That would have been better.

I agree that George deserves better than Meredith.

Bailey is still the best.
#150 of 666 Old 10-31-2005, 01:53 PM

I forgot to post this last week, but I loved the line when Meridith said, "We don't do mothers well."

Great line.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page