Chersolly's episode #7 of LOST! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

#61 of 112 Old 11-17-2005, 06:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by radish
Oh and did y'all see Ana "making" her lovely vest - it was a jacket and she removed the arms LOL
So she made it fugly on purpose?

The only thing I can get from Goodwin's name is the obvious Good Win. Did he ever say what his first name was?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 112 Old 11-17-2005, 06:49 PM

Ok, I just watched the promo for next week online and it does show A-L firing a gun. And they definitely make it look like she's firing at Sayid (?). Interesting...

Allison

Allison, mom to ds born May 2002
#63 of 112 Old 11-17-2005, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by radish
More OT: Has anyone seen the new forum at the ABC site. You can ask and creators of the show may answer. Supposedly they do read the boards b/c someone mentioned Twinkies (IIRC) and they appeared on the show.

Anyone up for a post on a reauest for more Claire nursing???
http://thefuselage.com/

I've seen some nursing requests in the past.
#64 of 112 Old 11-17-2005, 09:20 PM

I am a bit more sympathetic of Ana Lucia than a lot of you, I guess. I think she stepped up and protected and lead the whole group when nobody else was going to take the leadership role. And she was a lot smarter than all of them put together in figuring out what the others were. The group all seems to look up to her and they do tell her when they are not happy with her directions. I think the tailers had it a lot worse off than the original group. The original group had several days worth of food from the plane, water, medicine, and a doctor. Then they had several resourceful people like Locke to hunt bore, Sun to start a garden, Sayid to search for the radio signal, etc. The smaller group of tailers had no home base where they could stay put and get established, and fewer people means everyone had to work harder to survive. And they were attacked the very first night.

Anyway, Ana Lucia isn't a great actress but no worse than Kate.

Wow next week looks good. Bernard and Rose, Jin and Sun reunite. Some new chemistry with the new characters from the tail end. And AL vs Sayid, yikes!

I am dying to know who the others are. It appears as if they are normal people that can die, but what is with all the wispering voices and no footprints in the jungle? And why do they take some people and not others? Are the others connected with the Dharma project, was it the psychological contingent gone awry, or are they Danielle's research team (I thought she killed her team though). So many questions still unanswered...
#65 of 112 Old 11-17-2005, 09:40 PM

Sometimes, I think I must be the only one who doesn't see Ana-Lucia as 'smart', a 'leader', or as having done anything HERSELF to help the group. The group helped the group. They all pitched in and did their stuff... Ana-Lucia made a vest... Gee...

I know, I know, I'll get flack for that. Many others think she did alot, but quite frankly, I don't see it. She was controlling (not mistaking leadership for controlling here, I honestly think her actions are controlling), and just downright nasty at times...

The woman who plays Kate isn't that great an actress either, I know this. She just doesn't get under my skin the way Ana-Lucia does... (maybe it's cause we've barely sene her in weeks..lol)
#66 of 112 Old 11-17-2005, 09:41 PM

Oh! And that timeline!! So, they heard Boone on the radio at Day 41 (could be wrong, please correct me!!), and now we're at Day 48 (the day Shannon died)... Anyone else a little 'WOW' by the fact that all that happened in 7 days, or am I the only one a little off with 'time'...? lol
#67 of 112 Old 11-17-2005, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomBirthmomStepmom
Oh! And that timeline!! So, they heard Boone on the radio at Day 41 (could be wrong, please correct me!!), and now we're at Day 48 (the day Shannon died)... Anyone else a little 'WOW' by the fact that all that happened in 7 days, or am I the only one a little off with 'time'...? lol
I don't understand how Shannon stopped grieving for Boone, in like a day, and boned Sayid!
#68 of 112 Old 11-17-2005, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chersolly
I don't understand how Shannon stopped grieving for Boone, in like a day, and boned Sayid!
Eh, I can forgive her for that, was probably feeling quite vulnerable and wanting/needing some sort of love/affection...

I'm still puzzled by the 7 day thing though...lol

So, Desmond's only been gone about 3-4 days? They need to start showing Lost daily so the timeline doesn't feel so off...lol
#69 of 112 Old 11-17-2005, 11:46 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
The woman who plays Kate isn't that great an actress either,
The woman who plays Kate is a very GREEN actress though, that makes a huge difference. This is her first big role.
#70 of 112 Old 11-17-2005, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieMF
The woman who plays Kate is a very GREEN actress though, that makes a huge difference. This is her first big role.
LMAO - DH saw her (EL) on the E! channel recently:
http://www.cockeyed.com/photos/lostgirl/lostgirl.html
#71 of 112 Old 11-18-2005, 12:05 AM

MomBirthmomStepmom, I am with you all the way on Ana Lucia. Can't stand her. Grrrr.

It seems like at some point they are going to have to "speed up" the timeline a little. Maybe have a "six months later" episode or something. Unless they are only planning on the show running 2 or 3 seasons, it will stretch the suspension of disbelief to only have two months gone by after three years... and is it realistic to have the actors stay looking exactly the same with same haircuts and everything too? Even on 24, they put dead space in between the seasons.
#72 of 112 Old 11-18-2005, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Itd take me alot to NOT bone him.......

About the Dharma sign.....it looked like a snake or a tree or something in the insignia....(have to watch it again) but does anyone remember what the other hatches were suppose to represent? The one Locke found had a swan in the insignia......
#73 of 112 Old 11-18-2005, 12:40 AM

It was an arrow.

I (still) want to know where the women have been keeping their razors for the last 48 days, I can't stand A-L at ALL, and they could just dump her, Kate, and Jack down a hole someplace and the island would be a much nicer place. Really.
#74 of 112 Old 11-18-2005, 03:52 AM

I think that the 'others' are the left over buttom pushers for the dharma project, and they need 'good' people to use for some new project they are doing....
Quote:
Itd take me alot to NOT bone him.......
I second that one!!!
#75 of 112 Old 11-18-2005, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomBirthmomStepmom
Eh, I can forgive her for that, was probably feeling quite vulnerable and wanting/needing some sort of love/affection...

I'm still puzzled by the 7 day thing though...lol

So, Desmond's only been gone about 3-4 days? They need to start showing Lost daily so the timeline doesn't feel so off...lol
I agree with you there - about Shannon wanting some comfort. Heck, I'd be with Sayid in a second, too!

And, yes, the timeline is hard to follow.

Allison

#76 of 112 Old 11-18-2005, 11:37 AM

Don't forget, Shannon and Sayid had already started their relationship before Boone died.

AND, there is something about a death that makes a lot of people want to "connect" to someone else - almost like a life-affirming thing, if you know what I mean...
#77 of 112 Old 11-18-2005, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonnymoose
It was an arrow.

I (still) want to know where the women have been keeping their razors for the last 48 days, I can't stand A-L at ALL, and they could just dump her, Kate, and Jack down a hole someplace and the island would be a much nicer place. Really.
It's not just the women. The men are using those razors, too, because none but Sawyer are getting any facial hair!
#78 of 112 Old 11-18-2005, 02:03 PM - Thread Starter

well ~they allow the cast of survivor razors right? No more hairy women on that show, maybe they found them in the luggage.

7 days huh? I gotta pay more attention. Sayid is MADD HOT! Did Shannon and Boone have THAT kind of relationship? Did I miss that?
#79 of 112 Old 11-18-2005, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamadege5
well ~they allow the cast of survivor razors right? No more hairy women on that show, maybe they found them in the luggage.

7 days huh? I gotta pay more attention. Sayid is MADD HOT! Did Shannon and Boone have THAT kind of relationship? Did I miss that?

Yes, I think they've raided the luggage. I think in the epidsode where Boone died Jack made some reference to him having a supply of diapers somewhere which they used to absorb the blood (I'm assuming - or something like that). It is funny how the manage to stay all...clean looking!

I missed the episode with Shannon and Boone but apparently they did sleep together (once?). I believe it was in Sydney, the night before they got on the plane or something like that.

Allison

#80 of 112 Old 11-18-2005, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiecat
I missed the episode with Shannon and Boone but apparently they did sleep together (once?). I believe it was in Sydney, the night before they got on the plane or something like that.

Allison
Yup, they slept together...

Quote:
I never said she wasn't... Just giving my opinion, didn't think it needed justification...
#81 of 112 Old 11-18-2005, 04:54 PM

Quote:
I never said she wasn't... Just giving my opinion, didn't think it needed justification...
I didn't think it needed justification. All I was saying was that it seems the actress who plays AL hasn't learned alot if her acting is as bad as a newbie.
#82 of 112 Old 11-18-2005, 05:00 PM

Quote:
I didn't think it needed justification. All I was saying was that it seems the actress who plays AL hasn't learned alot if her acting is as bad as a newbie.
No, she hasn't learned alot, and hoenstly, movie acting is MUCH different than TV acting, isn't it??

No matter what she learned from being in movies, doesn't mean anything really... She's on TV now..
#83 of 112 Old 11-18-2005, 05:11 PM

It's easier to "act" in a movie because you have three months and the chance to do take after take. With LOST, they only have 8 days to prep and shoot an episode. It's pretty easy to determine who the crappy actors are (Kate, Ana) because they don't have many chances to get it right.
#84 of 112 Old 11-18-2005, 09:43 PM

I need to join this thread. Thought Wednesday's show was insteresting. The others seem like regular people (who like to kidnap kids and other adults). They weren't as scary as I thought -- didn't Ana say that they make people vanish into air?
#85 of 112 Old 11-18-2005, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chersolly
It's easier to "act" in a movie because you have three months and the chance to do take after take. With LOST, they only have 8 days to prep and shoot an episode. It's pretty easy to determine who the crappy actors are (Kate, Ana) because they don't have many chances to get it right.
Thank you, that's pretty much what I was saying...

Quote:
They weren't as scary as I thought -- didn't Ana say that they make people vanish into air?
I never heard that one, but I could be wrong...?
#86 of 112 Old 11-19-2005, 04:46 AM

I think there is more involved with the Others. I think the regular people types are just like a front and there is obviously more to the picture. Like maybe something supernatural driving them or even some kind of beings etc. Cuz what's the deal with the whispers and that whole black smoke stuff that freaking drags people into holes and stuff? Like someone else said... soooooo many unanswered things.

Ana-Lucifer ... LMBO!!!! There is just no excuse for that garbage acting. I'm sorry, I can't help it Mamas. What the heck is she thinking or for that matter the producers? Watching her this last episode actually made me feel wierd LOL! Like almost embaressed kwim? It was so funny we were all laughing out loud for 10 minutes making fun of her. Terrible I know.

Ima to Mizz.Jonas- 14, Isman- 12,Javsar- 9, Nani Gweesa- 4 and Baby Micah born into the Universe sleeping at full term Oct. 19th 2008 and Partner to Abba ~ belly.gif8/2011  Grateful to be Dead  broc1.gif
#87 of 112 Old 11-19-2005, 10:23 AM

If anyone wants to read what the "jungle whispers" are saying go here:

http://www.lostlinks.net/whispers.htm

Creepy.

Allison

#88 of 112 Old 11-19-2005, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiecat
If anyone wants to read what the "jungle whispers" are saying go here:

http://www.lostlinks.net/whispers.htm

Creepy.

Allison

Cool!
#89 of 112 Old 11-19-2005, 01:40 PM

Now, look, you can't just go and start a new lost thread without me. Someone has to let me know these things!
#90 of 112 Old 11-19-2005, 03:13 PM

WHOA!!!! Hide the scope?! What's up with that? Those transcripts are nuts... makes it seem like at times those voices want to help but then other times they are trying to kill them all. So wierd. That gives a TON of insight. It's like the voices are people who are able to see them from somwhere but don't realize their voices are being heard or something. Maybe Walt has something to do with that? Maybe not though since I think if I remember correctly the whispers were heard long before he was taken. At any rate he has figured out some way to appear during these whispering times. Wow what now? What do you all think of those transcripts?

I can see eye to eye
I'm in someone's dream
I know it all

Remember the dream Claire had 1st season of Locke with one black eye and one white eye?

The brothers help us

Are there any brothers?

Ima to Mizz.Jonas- 14, Isman- 12,Javsar- 9, Nani Gweesa- 4 and Baby Micah born into the Universe sleeping at full term Oct. 19th 2008 and Partner to Abba ~ belly.gif8/2011  Grateful to be Dead  broc1.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page