No crush but shameless anyway ~ Joe Millionnaire - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 58 Old 01-22-2003, 06:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So, I've watched this show twice because it's on after my fave Boston Public (or Boston Pubic as dh likes to call it).

Isn't it so goshawful that it makes you laugh out loud??? It does with me, anyway. I totally enjoy watching this total jerk of a guy, who's not even goodlooking, get his just dessert from this batch of brainless bimbos who are so wonderfully catty and so incredibly stupid.

The other day they went to Paris. I looked forward to the inane conversations in front of some of the world's best artwork, but all they did was play rich in the Mouling Rouge ("OOOHHHH!!!! WOOOOWWWWW!!!!") and dance the tango ("When I saw her in that dress, well, she sure had a nice body") with a teacher they couldn't understand.

Anybody else enjoy this show? Just because it's so nice to see how the other half lives? To remind you why not everybody is AP?
#2 of 58 Old 01-22-2003, 11:03 PM

I will shamelessly admit I have watched this show. Something about trash tv... compels me to watch it. That and we don't have cable or anything Anyways, I wonder what will happen when he reveals he is just a regular shmoe. This guy is SUCH a MOOK !

Quote:
Isn't it so goshawful that it makes you laugh out loud???
Yes, me too, it's unbelieveable... only FOX would air this...

I think too, some of it's appeal is watching the pretty girls sound all callous and ignorant when they talk about how rich he is. I guess you'd have to really love a guy to stay with him when you discover he's been totally lying to you throughout your courtship, KWIM ? Even if money wasn't important, that's quite a level of deception.

I think they could have gotten a better guy... no wait... a better guy would never pull this !
#3 of 58 Old 01-23-2003, 01:29 AM
Kim

Oops.
#4 of 58 Old 01-23-2003, 01:31 AM
Kim

I caught some of it the other night. The show is soooo Fox. : But, admittedly, I had a hard time turning it off once I caught the premise.

"Joe" isn't bad looking, but hasn't much in the brains department. But the women...so, so sad.

You know, in true Fox fashion there will be some kind of twist in the end. Maybe he actually did inherit some money, or just won the lottery, or something...
#5 of 58 Old 01-23-2003, 10:01 AM

I saw last week's episode where he took the girls to pick grapes and to load up the train with coal. Even my dh watched with me(never watched anything besides football), and we were cracking up.
I loved seeing those women all bust their chops doing activities like that, just to get on that guy's good side. How about the "Princess" in her high heels on that horse! Hilarious!!
#6 of 58 Old 01-23-2003, 12:30 PM

OMG! This show is reee-dic-u-lous! But I watched two episodes all the same, and will probably continue to watch. I just can't wait to see the shallow bi#ches get shot down and be totally pissed when they find out! HAH! Nobody is going home as a couple on this show. Sad, in many ways, yet strangely entertaining.... :

-Sheryl

Mama to DD 8 blahblah.gif and  3rdtri.gif EDD 5/21/13 joy.gif

#7 of 58 Old 01-28-2003, 04:31 AM - Thread Starter

Did you watch the last episode?

I actually like that Zorah girl. She reminds me of a Harlequin novel heroine (I translate those, don't ever suspect me of enjoying it LOL), but I think she deserves better than this Evan guy.

I hate hate hate the girl with the curly hair, the b!tchy one. The one who doesn't know what garlic looks like. So I hope she wins But I bet it's going to be the stockbroker, the one he went winetasting with.

The Evan guy is soooo awful. He talks about htem as if they're cows ~ well, so do I , but I'm not dating them or kissing them.
#8 of 58 Old 01-30-2003, 05:47 PM
Banned

LOL,

Joe Millionaire is my shameful indulgence!!

I can't stand that curlyhead, either or the remaining blonde (both smokers, ug)

Curleyhead *seemed* nice in the beginning but they all got so cattey.

I like Zorah as well (and mojo was #2 I don't know why he didn't keep her she had a lot of nice spirit)

Joe Millionaire is no catch (with or without 50 million bucks)

Zorah's sweet and I hope she doesn't make it 'till the end because *he* doesn't deserve *her*.

I'd like to cee the curleyhedded princess leia chick live like a commoner LOL.

Debra Baker
#9 of 58 Old 01-30-2003, 06:56 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Wicked good time. Creates the odd dicotomy of rooting against the ones you like! Personally "MoJo" (who gives themselves such a dumb nickname? and then uses it in the third person? and as a noun at the same time? UGH!) bugged the life out of me... but she was always good for a laugh. (Nice hat... NOT!) So I was perversly sad to see her go. She is such a bald faced gold digger that I would have loved to see her 'win' the booby prize.

I like Zora so far so I was really hoping he would send her packing. Oh well. I expect the conniving twins will turn their knives on each other before long, so that should be fun!
#10 of 58 Old 01-31-2003, 01:59 AM

I'm watching too!! It's such a guilty pleasure.

I actually think Evan is kinda cute. (But I didn't say that...shhh..)

Yea the catty girls make the show more interesting. This past episode it was all about how Mojo is not of the "same element" as them. Basically, she's not as good as them. Then they went on to talk about how they were going to have to break Evan of his bad habits-- ya know, drinking beer. : They say this as they each light up a cigarette.

I really like Zora too! She's so down to earth and she's not catty or bitchy. I kinda wonder where they found her cuz she doesn't really fit the mold the other girls fit in. Even Mojo, who wasn't as catty and bitchy as Melissa and Sarah, was totally into wiling Evan. But not Zora...it's interesting.

Anyways, I can't wait to see how it turns out. I want him to pick Zora just so she can beat out those bitchy girls but then again I want one of them to win just so he can tell them HA! I don't have 50 million dollars!

Kylix
#11 of 58 Old 01-31-2003, 02:19 AM

ok, I'll face up.. I've watching most of the episodes.. I really want to just see the last one..

Kama, you took the words out of my mouth on Mojo...

Quote:
Originally posted by kama'aina mama
Wicked good time. Creates the odd dicotomy of rooting against the ones you like! Personally "MoJo" (who gives themselves such a dumb nickname? and then uses it in the third person? and as a noun at the same time? UGH!) bugged the life out of me... but she was always good for a laugh. (Nice hat... NOT!) So I was perversly sad to see her go. She is such a bald faced gold digger that I would have loved to see her 'win' the booby prize.
and the "conniving twins " -- perfect name!!

I stuck the tv into the extra bedroom, but I do watch it around 9 still - my hour plus marathon nursing session for dd to go to sleep
#12 of 58 Old 01-31-2003, 02:50 AM

Dude! Does anyone read the Smoking Gun? Sarah, the snotty blondehas done bondage films!
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/doc_o_day/doc_o_day.shtml

She is fully clothed but, uh... sometimes in nurses uniforms or cheerleader outfits. Classy, huh?
#13 of 58 Old 01-31-2003, 06:14 AM - Thread Starter

Ha! so that's where she learned to say things like, "hmpf... smack... splat...." :LOL gotta love the soundtrack.

and the best joke on tv in a year: (bitchy curlz) "I love to help children in the third world. I'm kinda mercenary you know"

:LOL :LOL :LOL
#14 of 58 Old 01-31-2003, 10:15 AM
Banned

Simonee, I thought I was the only one who got that....Freudian slip and everything LOL

db
#15 of 58 Old 01-31-2003, 01:43 PM

O.K., I will confess. I did watch it! Like Zora, can't stand the curley haired one. Think he is a complete idiot. Whoever wins, looses................
#16 of 58 Old 01-31-2003, 04:34 PM

I'm addicted to this show....I agreewith what everyone has said!
I really like Zora too, but would love to see one of the others win so he can say..."yeah I'm a construction worker"

Dh rolls his eyes at me...I made him watch this instead of Third Watch

Jen
#17 of 58 Old 01-31-2003, 04:58 PM

Oh yeah! The mercenary comment! Some of this stuff almost couldn't be funnier if they tried. But which is funnier... that she said it or that he just kept up the 'benign smile and nod' routine because he didn't know what it meant either!

Oh, and the pooooo-eeeemmm!
"Butterflies of passion and of fun..."
WTF?
And she just keeps reading it and reading.... he started to make out with her to shut her up and then she started up again! Cuz Mojo is still in Jr High!
#18 of 58 Old 02-01-2003, 06:38 PM - Thread Starter

heeheee....

though I had the impression that Mojo was the only one who actually liked him. He's just such an idiot ~ he got so paranoid about the million dollar check thing. Instead of realizing that this was a girl with a plan, and that HE could live off her in a few years, his little rabbit brain immediately thought that she must be after his money. Whatever.

This show is sooooo Fox. I think it's designed in a very misogynistic way ~ the female golddiggers and the nice modest guy. Only us mdc b!tches realize that he's the real schmuck, and the girls just want to be discovered.

So, that Zora... we all think she's nice and all that, but she applied for the show of course. Do you all believe that she just very smartly "designed" this withdrawn, "mysterious" tv persona, or maybe even the producers did that, so there would be an interesting mix of women? With, left as of now, the mean one, the mysterious one, and the "openminded" one?

See, I think they're in it neither for the money or the guy. Only to be on tv.
#19 of 58 Old 02-01-2003, 06:53 PM

It's hard to know exactly what to think of these broads without knowing what kind of add they responded to... they may have shown up for a generic 'tv dating show' and then been told about the money... or maybe the ads said "want to marry a rich guy?" I have no idea. Anyone?

Oh, and we MDC B's are by no means the only ones in on the joke. I think most people watching are loving the sheer train wreck aspect of it and the fact that since basically everyone is guilty you don't have to feel bad chuckling over their misfortune.
Of course there is a rumor circulating that the joke is on us and he really IS rich... hmm...
#20 of 58 Old 02-04-2003, 01:19 PM

So my latest theory is that at the end he'll still be broke, but the girl who wins will get some cash for making it and he'll get.... dumped. (or if they really fell in love...yeah right!)

Last night confirmed the gold diggers for me. I think Zora is the only one that might not care so much. But smoochy-smoochy-feeling-her-up-under-the-blanket-girl won't hang around for a second! I want her to win! (I'm so sadistic about this)

They really tried to make you feel bad for Dumbo last night too. boo-hoo

-Sheryl

#21 of 58 Old 02-04-2003, 03:31 PM
Banned

I knew curley hair would get dumped the moment Sara (the tart) hopped into the sack.

Well, he got his milk without buying the cow, huh??

Sorry to say I think Zorah is gonna win but he doesn't deserve her.

The curlyhead (Melissa?) and Sarah (blonde) were so catty we were all having a good laugh.

Now, serious question, why are so many men blinded by catty, nasty, slutty, golddiggers (oh, yes, the slutty thing is a givaway excuse the pun)

DB
#22 of 58 Old 02-04-2003, 04:56 PM

I thought they really implied that he slept with both the evil twins... at which point I told my husband.... one of them is going home REALLY mad! I was pretty sure it would be Melissa also.
#23 of 58 Old 02-04-2003, 09:05 PM

I only caught the last ten mins. I am sooo happy the curly bit*h is gone!!!! She was horrible. Yes, he will probably choose Zora! My 10 year old son had named her his fav in the 1st episode. He doesn' t watch it but he did watch the first one!

marg
#24 of 58 Old 02-04-2003, 09:10 PM

Well, she did say she was a mercenary. If she had any clue what it meant she would have realised that once her job was done she would be dismissed. No loyalty there.

Oh, and I loved how they showed the clip of her saying that in the 'previously' portion. Like they can't get enough of making her look as dumb as she is! She did handle her dismissal well, though. You have to hand her that.
#25 of 58 Old 02-04-2003, 11:02 PM

Yea, I'm pretty sure Melissa (curly) slept with him. She said "I don't want to get eliminated so I'm going to have to take it to the next level". And her flirtations (the lifting of the skirt, the laying all over him) were so blatant and just plain horrible. And then she even said "I'm about to make this very easy for you". They go into the bedroom and shut the door. So..there ya go, proof enough for me.

I think it was also obvious that Sarah slept with him. And what's with her smile? It looks so fake. She does the little coy, I'm a shy little girl type look around with the faintest little head movement. I can see right through it.

As always, I enjoyed Zora. She seems so real to me.

Yea, yea I know...I watched a leeettle too closely. LOL
#26 of 58 Old 02-05-2003, 04:05 AM - Thread Starter

Curly: "Well, I think he sees me as a little sister, so I gotta do some strategizing. Invite him to go sunsetting." I never go Joe Millionairing for nothing Yep, and I agree, sh!t happens and in this show, so does incest apparently.

Indeed, bondage blondie is sooo fake. But so is Joe ("Now that I've kissed this girl, I really like her"), so he really believes she's not in it for the bux. Covering her hair while running the tarmac in southern France, WTF??????

I think Zora will "freak him out" too much at the end. A certain modicum of intelligence and straightforwardness does that to many men And he's already tasted the goods with bondage blondie, so he really believes he'll keep getting those even once she "knows" he spends his days on the excavator. "She's so cultured... so sophisticated...." She: "Uh, I'll have one of those, and one of those, too." WOW!!!! The sheer level of sophistication!!

I think that Zora would be relieved he didn't have all that money, or at least that her tv persona would be. So the whole denouement would be an anticlimax if she won. And she'd end up stuck with joe schmoe.

I can't wait for next week!
#27 of 58 Old 02-06-2003, 12:07 AM

Oh wow! I don't know what made me think of this but.... remember how before he had the big 'turmoil' (which was totally fake, IMHO) they showed him with what appeared to be a fixed position infrared camera in the ceiling of his room lying there in the dark, brooding or trying to figure out how to say gnocchi or something? Yeah... well, that means that they have footage of whatever happened in that bed. Even when the lights were off. He may have known the camera was there... but I really doubt the women did.
#28 of 58 Old 02-06-2003, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Yeah... well, that means that they have footage of whatever happened in that bed. Even when the lights were off. He may have known the camera was there... but I really doubt the women did.
I can see it now -- Newest Fox Video Release: Joe Millionaire Uncensored -- The Naughty Outtakes!

I missed most of the show AGAIN! Rats. I am not a big TV watcher, but I did get sucked into this one somehow... it just seemed so incredibly cheezey that I had to watch it. One show and I was hooked. Unfortunately I have missed one episode and only caught the last bit of 2. I only caught part of Zora's date and all of Sarah's date. He is so into Sarah! She must have shown him one wild time... tie me up, tie me down.

Thing is, she is so outta there once she finds out he has no money... she is completely transparent and since that JM is not the sharpest tool in the shed, I don't think he can see it. DUH!

Sarah tries so hard to be something she is not -- classy and sophisticated. She is very attractive and well spoken, but she is also very one dimensional. And gimme a break, what is so refined about gnocchi?

So, although I want Zora to *win*, I don't think I want her to be the chosen one. In this case, I think being the chosen one is losing... does anyone agree?
#29 of 58 Old 02-06-2003, 03:00 AM

Oh yeah.. I said earlier this show creates the strange conflict of rooting against the woman you like. I was SO happy when Allison was booted! (She was the smart redhead who said many totally disrespectful, mocking things. Eliminated in Paris.) The show reruns Thurs. night if you care. Of course it will be agains the Wacko Jacko trainwreck, so....
#30 of 58 Old 02-12-2003, 02:18 PM

What a let-down with the clip show this week! I was sure they were going to reveal, but they just dragged it out and are making us wait till next week! ARGH!

But, they did admit that there will be a twist! What will it be? Let's speculate!

I think the girl wins some money, he will pick Sarah and he's gettin his ass dumped! But I'd like to think it will be more interesting than that.

-Sheryl

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page