The Office - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 1789 Old 05-13-2006, 10:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by flminivanmama
if you rent the british version make sure you get the 2 hour special as well.

I think they are going to have 3rd season starting in October? http://www.bbcamerica.com/genre/come...the_office.jsp

I also thought it was too raunchy but loved the way they wrapped things up in that one too!
Warning :: Spoiler Ahead! Highlight to read message!
(don't want to give anything away if you haven't rented it) With Dawn rushing back in and kissing Tim
I'm so glad I read your spoiler b/c that's not what I saw! I must've missed the last episode. Now I need to find the 2 hour special somewhere!

DS 12 DS 9 DD 6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#182 of 1789 Old 05-13-2006, 11:36 PM

that's why you MUST get the special - it's in that - not the series...

I'm Andrea - I have three boys - 12 year old twins & an 11 year old

#183 of 1789 Old 05-13-2006, 11:55 PM

Jim is so sweet. That was the best episode, I think I'm going to watch it again!

I am a little worried about where they are going to go from here.

Mightymoo - Mom to DD (6) and DS (4)
#184 of 1789 Old 05-14-2006, 12:01 AM

I burst out laughing when Micheal was talking about poker and said "I'm going to drop on deuce on everyone."

Gazing furtively at you from under my siggie!
#185 of 1789 Old 05-14-2006, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skellbelle
Then trying to mentally move his Dwight bobblehead. :
That was the best part.

Proud mom to superhero.gifds2 (7/05), angel2.gif ds 1 (born into heaven at 38 weeks 11/03), and 5 more angels angel.gif (4/02) angel.gif (7/10) angel.gifangel.gif (11/10) angel.gif (11/12)

#186 of 1789 Old 05-14-2006, 01:12 AM

DH got me the first season of The Office on DVD for Mother's Day! He rocks!! You can really tell how much Pam and Jim's relationship has grown over the last year.

And as for where they're going to take it next year Jenna Fischer (Pam) said this on her blog:

"Finally, WE ROCKED THE FINALE! Thank you for all your awesome messages. It has been fun to finally share the news. I've been keeping the Jim/Pam secret for 2 months!!!! I've heard rumors from the writers about what they have planned for next year. All I can say is...We are gonna knock your socks off. It's soooooo good!"

So that sounds pretty promising!!

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
#187 of 1789 Old 05-15-2006, 04:36 PM

I have to say that I don't think Jim is that sweet. He makes it a priority to antagonize Dwight. And it drives me crazy how long it took him to say something to her. And I thought the kiss was forced on her and she didn't seem too receptive. She just stood there and let it happen.

It will be interesting to see what happens next season. I think Pam will freak and back off but maybe in a few weeks after Jim has transferred she will realize what a jerk her fiance is and go back to him.

Micheal is getting to pathetic and over the top to be funny anymore.
#188 of 1789 Old 05-15-2006, 05:14 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovebeingamom
I have to say that I don't think Jim is that sweet. He makes it a priority to antagonize Dwight. And it drives me crazy how long it took him to say something to her. And I thought the kiss was forced on her and she didn't seem too receptive. She just stood there and let it happen.

It will be interesting to see what happens next season. I think Pam will freak and back off but maybe in a few weeks after Jim has transferred she will realize what a jerk her fiance is and go back to him.

Micheal is getting to pathetic and over the top to be funny anymore.
I love Jim! Dwight is full of himself and is pretty mean spirited to most everybody, so he brings most of that on himself. Plus, these people aren't supposed to be the most mature office workers in the world.

Also, Jim did admit to Pam in the past that he had feelings for her. He was understandably gun shy about doing it again. With "The Kiss" scene being cut short so as to have a cliffhanger, I don't think it's possible to really tell how Pam took it, though she did kiss him back.

I love the show. I think Steve Carrell is brilliant. It's better than ever IMO.

{Partner to DH  and Former WOHM, now SAHM  to DD, DD , and DS } *** ***
#189 of 1789 Old 05-15-2006, 05:32 PM

Oh, yeah, the pranks Jim pulls on Dwight CRACK me UP!! I loved when they took all the stuff from his desk and put them in the vending machine. I laughed so hard.

Michelle -mom to Katlyn 4/00 , Jake 3/02, and Seth 5/04
#190 of 1789 Old 05-15-2006, 06:22 PM

Quote:
I have to say that I don't think Jim is that sweet. He makes it a priority to antagonize Dwight.
I must say that, if I worked with Dwight, I'd make it a priority to antagonize the guy, too.

It's one of the reasons I Jim ... he's so brilliant at driving Dwight mad!

Quote:
And I thought the kiss was forced on her and she didn't seem too receptive. She just stood there and let it happen.
Hmm. She looked pretty receptive to me - she definitely kissed back, and was almost embracing him - she had her hands cupping his face.

I thought it was a very sweet, restrained kiss - unlike most of the mouth-wide-open tongue wrestling you usually see on TV.

Every baptized Christian is, or should be, someone with an actual (disturbing) experience, ... a close encounter, with God; someone who, as a result, becomes a disturbing presence to others. - Fr. Anthony J. Gittins, A Presence That Disturbs
#191 of 1789 Old 05-15-2006, 06:32 PM

I also loved him using his 'powers' to move the coatrack. Dwight the rest of the episode trying to do the same. :

#192 of 1789 Old 05-15-2006, 06:33 PM

In my *actual* life, I could never do or participate in the things Jim does to Dwight. Not even close. But on TV, vicariously, hell yea, it's completely hysterical. It might even be my favorite part of the show.
#193 of 1789 Old 05-15-2006, 06:36 PM

Pam wrapped her hands around his neck and kissed him back. She might not have started that kiss but she was into it.

I think Jim is very sweet. He does pick on Dwight a lot but Dwight is just plain old mean sometimes. Like last season when he stole the sale he KNEW was Jim's customer. It was a HUGE sale. I think picking on Dwight is the only thing that keeps Jim sane.

And as for Michael, he does get annoying at times. We watched all 6 episodes of season 1 on Saturday and I wanted to smack him a few times during the shows. All that Michael at once was almost too much to take.

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
#194 of 1789 Old 05-15-2006, 07:20 PM

okay i just watched the epi again and Pam totally kissed him back.. she caressed his hair and everything.. but then she did gently push him back and end it too. I'm soo curious as to how things are going to play out next season.
Aaand right before she got off the phone with her mom she definetly said, "Yeah I think I am..."

and as far as Jim always antagonizing Dwight.. well Dwight brings it upon himself by being such a freak!

I only just started watching this show midway through this season so I'm gonna have to go back and try and watch the older stuff...

~Stephanie )O(

DS- 07/01 & DD- 09/05 & DD- 12/07 & DS- 10/13

#195 of 1789 Old 05-15-2006, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpyr
okay i just watched the epi again and Pam totally kissed him back.. she caressed his hair and everything.. but then she did gently push him back and end it too. I'm soo curious as to how things are going to play out next season.
Aaand right before she got off the phone with her mom she definetly said, "Yeah I think I am..."

I only just started watching this show midway through this season so I'm gonna have to go back and try and watch the older stuff...
I totally thought Pam was into it!

And Season 1 is available on DVD..It's really funny..And they'll start airing reruns from earlier in the season next week. I know there are 2 on a week from Thursday..We started watching around Christmas so I'm excited to see the earlier eps too!

#196 of 1789 Old 05-15-2006, 11:01 PM

To clear things up a little, I think the jokes that Jim plays on Dwight are hilarious too, but if I knew him IRL I wouldn't describe him as "sweet." I think Dwight is slightly autistic b/c he reminds me of my BIL that is autistic, and it seems that Jim eggs him on. It is just TV though, and it does crack me up. I liked the coat hook thing too, that was too funny.

The other funny part of the episode I thought was when Micheal said he wanted to invite children to it and Toby said, well I don't think so b/c of the gambling, and drinking, and ....goes on and Micheal replies how much he hates him for ruining every idea that he has.

I watched the kissing scene again and I do think she kissed him back a little. I didn't notice her hands the first time.
#197 of 1789 Old 05-15-2006, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonJelly
Also, Jim did admit to Pam in the past that he had feelings for her. He was understandably gun shy about doing it again.
When? The only thing I remember is that it got around the office and then he went and told her that he used to have a crush on her and that he was over it now.
#198 of 1789 Old 05-16-2006, 10:24 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
When? The only thing I remember is that it got around the office and then he went and told her that he used to have a crush on her and that he was over it now.
Yeah, that's what I was referring to. She seemed weirded out by it and so he told her that he was over it even though he wasn't.

I guess the thing is too, is that she clearly has feelings for him whether or not she would like to admit it to herself or anyone else. If you watch the other scenes from this and most other episodes, the smiles alone tell the whole story. They are constantly smiling at each other (another great thing about the show that you don't see very often on other shows). Maybe she is just afraid to be happy or something. Maybe she is scared of having someone love her as much as Jim does. Maybe she wants some sort of bland relationship with Roy. However, it's hard to deny that she is really in love with Jim. I think Jim finally felt confident enough about that to push the envelope a bit and kiss her without asking.

(I just watched the episode again last night. Guess I am officially obsessed. )

#199 of 1789 Old 05-16-2006, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Yeah, that's what I was referring to. She seemed weirded out by it and so he told her that he was over it even though he wasn't.

I guess the thing is too, is that she clearly has feelings for him whether or not she would like to admit it to herself or anyone else. If you watch the other scenes from this and most other episodes, the smiles alone tell the whole story. They are constantly smiling at each other (another great thing about the show that you don't see very often on other shows). Maybe she is just afraid to be happy or something. Maybe she is scared of having someone love her as much as Jim does. Maybe she wants some sort of bland relationship with Roy. However, it's hard to deny that she is really in love with Jim. I think Jim finally felt confident enough about that to push the envelope a bit and kiss her without asking.

I think Pam like security. She has a "sure thing" with Roy that is comfortable even if he doesn't treat her well all the time. And she keeps her job even if she doesn't like it because she's comfortable. I think liking/loving Jim is scart for her, you know? It is very obvious they have feelings for each other even if Pam doesn't want to admit it. Or maybe she even thinks her "love" for Roy is the way love is supposed to feel. If that makes sense!

I love the comment Angela made in the "Office Olympics" episode. Pam was asking if she had any games she played to pass the time. Angela said she played "Pam-Pong" to see how many times Jim or Pam came over to the other one's desk. LOL!

I've watched the episode several times too..It was really good..The best season finale so far this year.

And Carole, Michael's date, is his wife IRL. Thought that was interesting!

#200 of 1789 Old 05-22-2006, 01:43 PM

Finally finally watched it! Gah! Jim was crying when he confessed to her in the parking lot, did you guys notice that? My heart was aching.

I wonder if he was hiding out in the office when she was in there, or if he followed her in, or blundered across, or how much he heard of her phone conversation... I mean, if he heard most of what we heard, I don't blame him for going in for the kiss. Obviously she was flustered by the whole situation... if I was engaged and had a friend that confessed his love for me and it made me uncomfortable... I'd probably just go home. But she felt the need to call her mom right away... anyway, interesting.

I love when, um, shoot, the temp? Forget his name... orders the fancy foofy drink for the girl... poor guy.

I died over the dropping deuces comment! and the "I'm a philanderer..."
#201 of 1789 Old 05-25-2006, 01:41 AM

Check it!

http://www.nbc.com/The_Office/video/...21.shtml#video

Woot!

Sigh..I think I'm in love with Jim...

#202 of 1789 Old 05-25-2006, 10:25 AM

Quote:
I just don't have the heart to delete it from my replaytv.

#203 of 1789 Old 05-25-2006, 10:29 AM

Oh and my husband keeps saying that the office has jumped the shark getting pam and jim together. I don't think so, but I don't want it to be true.

#204 of 1789 Old 05-25-2006, 10:54 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymoo
Oh and my husband keeps saying that the office has jumped the shark getting pam and jim together. I don't think so, but I don't want it to be true.
I think I might say that if I thought the show couldn't stand alone without the Jim/Pam storyline, but I think it is strong in all areas. And the other thing is, it's kind of expected now that a show will drag out a potential relationship as long as possible. I think it was really a nice surprise and demonstrates that they are not your average show--in case we didn't realize that already. LOL! I think the writers will not disappoint us in future seasons.

#205 of 1789 Old 05-25-2006, 11:50 AM

Quote:
I think I might say that if I thought the show couldn't stand alone without the Jim/Pam storyline, but I think it is strong in all areas. And the other thing is, it's kind of expected now that a show will drag out a potential relationship as long as possible. I think it was really a nice surprise and demonstrates that they are not your average show--in case we didn't realize that already. LOL! I think the writers will not disappoint us in future seasons.
I think it showed a creativity on the part of the writers as well. I was glad they moved it forward. I know there will be twists and turns but I'm glad it's going somewhere. They had to do SOMETHING since Pam is about to get married, you know? I think there will still be lots of awesome storylines for them down the road..

I hate when shows have to make up a ton of far fetched drama like my other favorite show Gilmore Girls. I'm so sick of GG b/c they just can't ever let anyone be happy. Everyone always has to be sad, fighting, sleeping with other people etc..I just want the main characters to be happy, YK?

I also think it's not centered on Jim and Pam..Lots of other storylines going on and there are so many people that work there that they can bring other people to the forefront and do stories on them as well..

#206 of 1789 Old 05-25-2006, 12:17 PM

mightymoo wrote:
Quote:
Jumping the shark is a situation in which a long-running series resorts to ridiculous, completely implausible plot lines in a desperate attempt to keep the show going (Fonzie jumping over a shark on waterskiis near the end of the life of the long-running series "Happy Days"). I don't see the Jim/Pam development as ridiculous or implausible, rather, it seems a natural evolution of the characters' relationship.
#207 of 1789 Old 05-25-2006, 12:29 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stayseeliz
I think it showed a creativity on the part of the writers as well. I was glad they moved it forward. I know there will be twists and turns but I'm glad it's going somewhere. They had to do SOMETHING since Pam is about to get married, you know? I think there will still be lots of awesome storylines for them down the road..

I hate when shows have to make up a ton of far fetched drama like my other favorite show Gilmore Girls. I'm so sick of GG b/c they just can't ever let anyone be happy. Everyone always has to be sad, fighting, sleeping with other people etc..I just want the main characters to be happy, YK?

I also think it's not centered on Jim and Pam..Lots of other storylines going on and there are so many people that work there that they can bring other people to the forefront and do stories on them as well..
This got me thinking. I really like a show (or movie) that's a comedy first and foremost, but happens to have a love story/drama second. That's a format I really enjoy.

#208 of 1789 Old 05-25-2006, 01:12 PM

The only problem I had with the Jim/Pam situation in the finale is I had flashbacks to the Ross/Rachel drama during friends. On again, off again, he's available, she's not- she's available, he's not, blah, blah, blah. I got so sick of it and *really* hope that doesn't happen w/Jim/Pam. I really liked Ross/Rachel in the beginning and just got so tired of the back and forth.

#209 of 1789 Old 05-25-2006, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbean91
The only problem I had with the Jim/Pam situation in the finale is I had flashbacks to the Ross/Rachel drama during friends. On again, off again, he's available, she's not- she's available, he's not, blah, blah, blah. I got so sick of it and *really* hope that doesn't happen w/Jim/Pam. I really liked Ross/Rachel in the beginning and just got so tired of the back and forth.
Me too! By the end of Friends I didn't even care whether they got together or not and I really liked them together at first. I think there's a false belief in Hollywood that happy couples can't be funny which isn't true..

Jenna Fischer who plays Pam said she'd heard some things from the writers about what they're planning for P/J next season and that we'd all love it! I hope so!

#210 of 1789 Old 05-26-2006, 05:55 PM

Oh, I wanted to comment on the other couple - Dwight and angela. I loved the scene where Dwight tells her he has to roll an 8 and then he does and he kisses her, then she slaps him. I loved the look on her face as she walked away, the little smile like she really did enjoy it. I think they are hillarious as a couple.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page