L Word - 3rd season - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 87 Old 01-09-2006, 06:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
did anyone see it?
interesting how time went by and how they "caught you up" - good writting.
love seeing shane happy, for sure my favorite.
also liked how bett and tina are parenting, not sure the case worker liked it
#2 of 87 Old 01-09-2006, 12:59 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I thought it was a great episode too. Seems like we've been waiting 4ever for it to start up again......but I didnt remember Alice and the tennis player breaking up at the end of last season. I remember her wanting to hang out with her ex......but didnt remember an actual break up.

PLUS....thought it was weird that they showed in the begining all the events for the upcoming season......too much info!

SHANE!

PLUS.....my friend has a friend that works in the business.....and she heard thru the grapevine that they fired CARMEN for something......and that she wont be coming back. So who knows how they ended it with her..... Kinda bummed bc I like her character
#3 of 87 Old 01-09-2006, 02:24 PM - Thread Starter

I don't think the did show alice and dana breaking up, we just kinda get it from the stocking :-))
carmen will go? i wonder how and when... that will crush shane - I like her with shane and like seeing shane happy for once :-((((
#4 of 87 Old 01-09-2006, 04:31 PM

I don't like what they're doing with Jenny. I thought she was adorable and now she's just a mess. I'll be happy to see Shane and Carmen break up. If she's going to settle down it should be with me! I really don't like Alice right now. Good lord, she's a train wreck! All in all though I enjoyed the episode and am glad that it's finally back on.
#5 of 87 Old 01-10-2006, 12:11 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I missed it last night so i'm downloading it right now, I can't wait to watch it! I saw my little sis for the 1st time in 3 years last week and dam she looks a lot like Shane!

Seriously?
#6 of 87 Old 01-10-2006, 12:50 AM

I've been waiting with baited breath for this to come back on!! I can't believe what's happening to my Alice!! She's nothing but a blubbering phsychotic mess! Not the Alice I know and love! Spying in the window for pete sakes??? Oy. It just doesn't seem right that Dana would not "close" things with Alice. What a crappy thing to do to be honest. Doesn't any of the others think it's kind of crappy too?? Is Dana just not hanging out with them anymore?? I'm bummed out about that whole thing.

And this Helena and Alice thing is rather perplexing as well. Seems like Helena isn't the vulture she was before. I guess we'll see.

Shane and Carmen are cute together. Shane with that dress on was classic. I laughed so hard. This was me.-----> lol

I got my friend hooked on it too so she was over to watch as well.

I'm so happy it's started now! Is it Sunday yet??
#7 of 87 Old 01-10-2006, 01:02 AM

I am addicted to this show. I rented the first season on DVD and watched it over 3 nights!
#8 of 87 Old 01-10-2006, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satori
I missed it last night so i'm downloading it right now, I can't wait to watch it! I saw my little sis for the 1st time in 3 years last week and dam she looks a lot like Shane!

Please tell me how you do that!!!
#9 of 87 Old 01-10-2006, 11:38 AM

I was actually pretty disappointed with the first episode, for lots of reasons, and I am not going to be kind, so watch out:

First of all, they are still using that so-awful-it's-embarrassing opening song and sequence. I literally push the mute button and look away from the screen when they show it.

I really would have liked the story of how Dana and Alice broke up. I'm sure Alice drove Dana crazy with her neediness, but still...and what the heck is up with Helena? Is she supposed to be a sympathtic character now? I don't buy it.

Jenny is just an idiot. She has the world's biggest chip on her shoulder. I wish she could just be gay and stop feeling so damn defensive. If her parents treat her like crap, why did she choose to live with them for six months? She thrives on conflict and drama. Plus, she looks like a drowned rat.

I actually hate the way Bette and Tina are parenting. Bette is back to her control freak self, and she is taking attachment parenting to the extreme so that she can feel that she and her baby are superior. I think the show's portrayal of AP will actually make it look like some wacky, radical way of thinking that endangers a child's well-being. She said, "We like her to be in contact with another human body at all times." I mean, come on. It looks like they have no toys because it offends Bette's aesthetic sense, hell, not even wooden or cloth toys. They won't baby proof at all, because Bette thinks it's "ugly."

Yes, the only good thing is Shane being happy. And I laughed so hard at the sight of her in that dress.
#10 of 87 Old 01-10-2006, 11:44 AM

Luna, I'm sensing some frustration about the show....please tell us how you really feel, holding back doesn't do any good.

#11 of 87 Old 01-10-2006, 11:49 AM

Gemini, I loved the way you used "I statements" - you clearly know how to use healthy communication!!!
#12 of 87 Old 01-10-2006, 11:54 AM

:nana:
#13 of 87 Old 01-10-2006, 03:06 PM

Yes, Satori, please tell us!!!! Do you mean there might be a way for me to see the show before next Thanksgiving? These past two years T-giving weekend has really been L-word marathon weekend.

megin

Mommy to an amazing 8 year old, wife to an inspiring principal, and welcoming Wylie Grace! Our July 4th babe!
#14 of 87 Old 01-10-2006, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaMom
I actually hate the way Bette and Tina are parenting. Bette is back to her control freak self, and she is taking attachment parenting to the extreme so that she can feel that she and her baby are superior. I think the show's portrayal of AP will actually make it look like some wacky, radical way of thinking that endangers a child's well-being. She said, "We like her to be in contact with another human body at all times." I mean, come on. It looks like they have no toys because it offends Bette's aesthetic sense, hell, not even wooden or cloth toys. They won't baby proof at all, because Bette thinks it's "ugly."
ITA with this--I was actually wondering if anyone else was going to say something. The idea that AP means that you don't babyproof, have no toys, and NEVER put your child down is just...bad PR for AP. I liked Jenny at first, but I've found her completely grating for awhile. I hate the way the show portrays her Judaism (that "concentration camp" stripper thing last season...ugh!).

I like the title song, though. :
#15 of 87 Old 01-10-2006, 10:37 PM - Thread Starter

I don't like the opening either... am looking forward to the next episode to see what else happened in the last 6 months for them...
#16 of 87 Old 01-11-2006, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mraven721
Please tell me how you do that!!!
Yes me too please?
#17 of 87 Old 01-11-2006, 07:40 PM

You can do it using Bit Torrent http://www.bittorrent.com but it is illegal in some areas so know your local laws

Seriously?
#18 of 87 Old 01-12-2006, 12:47 AM

Quote:

ITA with this. They're making AP parents look like wack jobs.

I'm bothered by Alice and Dana not being together. It just seemed so perfect, 2 best friends being together. It's just not right that they broke up so badly and it seems like Dana doesn't give a rat's patootie about Alice.

Amy, mom to LadyBug, SnuggleBug and StinkBug.  Expecting BabyBug in August 2011.
#19 of 87 Old 01-12-2006, 01:03 AM

ok, I finally got to watch it and wth happened to Shanes hair? It looks horrible! Then Tina really needs to give Bette a kick out of the door, that house is a nightmare to have a baby in and I bet you the next time the worker comes back you bet your butt she has a CPS worker come with her to explain a few things about child safety and they get stuck attending a parenting class. Did you see that statue with the nails for a hair brush or what ever it was? Imagine if the baby did manage to get down and knock it over and it hit the baby? Bette needs her freakin head examined if she thinks she doesn't need to baby proof. I think the drugs are making Alice go nuts, she was just an emotional mess then upped her meds on her own and became psycho at that point. Jenny, well, I didn't like her last season either overall I think this was my least favorite episode

Seriously?
#20 of 87 Old 01-12-2006, 02:56 PM

I watched the show last night and I came on here to see if anyone else was totally bothered by that "AP" stuff. Bette and Tina looked like complete whack jobs. I think that bugged me the MOST about the show. I mean I could see them carrying on with this no toys, no baby proofing with a 3 or 4 month old, but how long will it continue. At least Tina was breastfeeding (though, seeminly on Bette's demand) and they were co-sleeping.

and Alice was pretty pathetic. She's always been neurotic, but she took it to the next level.

Was disappointing to me, but I'll still be watching next week, of course
#21 of 87 Old 01-14-2006, 02:34 AM

Quote:

First of all, they are still using that so-awful-it's-embarrassing opening song and sequence. I literally push the mute button and look away from the screen when they show it.
LMAO!!! I am so glad somebody said this. I had hoped they would get rid of that. I'm really glad I got hooked on the show in season 1 before that terrible song otherwise I would have been so turned off I don't know if I could have watched it!

"We shape the clay into a pot but it is the emptiness inside that holds whatever we want" Lao Tzu
#22 of 87 Old 01-17-2006, 05:44 PM

I had never seen this show before, but I was at my parents house last week - they have Direct TV and I can't get the show at my house.

I don't know any of the characters, but I really loved the show, especially the hottie trying on the quinceanera dress!

But, these were my thoughts:

As already discussed here, I HATE the whole attachment parenting as freaky and "out there" storyline. NEVER put the baby down? Who came up with that one??

The second thing that bothered me was that while there were lots and lots of boobs out for sex, when the so-called "breastfeeding" came up - there was NO boob and she only "nursed" the baby for 2 seconds. What's that all about? It really bothered me.

At least the baby was in a sling at the coffee shop or wherever they were, more positive than seeing her in a stroller with a binky.

so who is the hottie dating the Mexican girl anyway...???
#23 of 87 Old 01-17-2006, 06:07 PM

Quote:
so who is the hottie dating the Mexican girl anyway...???

Thats SHANE..........we all lust after her............
#24 of 87 Old 01-17-2006, 06:45 PM

Shane...Shane...
#25 of 87 Old 01-18-2006, 02:50 PM

We lurve Shane.

But my favorite is crazy Alice.
#26 of 87 Old 01-24-2006, 05:22 PM

I think I missed it last week? What time and day is it on now and what happened?
#27 of 87 Old 01-24-2006, 08:35 PM

Does anyone understand the flashbacks at the begining of each episode? Are they relevent to people in the show somehow......??
#28 of 87 Old 01-24-2006, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainsmom
Does anyone understand the flashbacks at the begining of each episode? Are they relevent to people in the show somehow......??
Yeah, during the first season they usually - or at least sometimes - tied in with one of the storylines. For example, there was one where they showed two teen girls make out at horseback riding camp, and later on it turned out that one of the girls was Dana's mother - who was very homophobic in Season 1. Another time they showed Marina's girlfriend Francesca making the moves on someone while she was away in Europe, and again, you didn't know how she was related to the show until later on in the episode. This season they mostly seem unconnected. That thing with the nuns this week was sort of uncomfortable. I mean, I'm not even Catholic and it made me want to look away.

I have to say, in spite of my very negative reaction to the first episode of this season, I've enjoyed the second and third episodes. I felt soooo bad for Moira in the last one. Honestly, I thought they were all so rude and judgmental, and it really shocked me. How can a group of lesbians be so, well, prejudiced? Just because Moira's kind of butch? And Jenny was so insensitive. She forgot to introduce her at first, and when she did say, "This is Moira," she didn't say any of her friends' names. And she made no effort to include Moira in the conversation and seemed totally oblivious that her hick girlfriend might feel out of place. Man, as if I needed another reason to dislike Janny...

So do you think Dana has breast cancer? I hope not!
#29 of 87 Old 02-13-2006, 01:02 PM

Is anyone still watching?!?

I cried during last nights episode when Alice walked in to Danas room. It was so sad. I thought this one and last weeks episodes were the best so far!

I loved ANgus singing to Kit Bowies "CHANGES" song. so great!
#30 of 87 Old 02-13-2006, 01:33 PM

Alice was great in last night's episode. I loved how she stood up to Dana's parents. It made me all teary eyed, especially since it was so hard for her to say some one else was Dana's partner.

Amy, mom to LadyBug, SnuggleBug and StinkBug.  Expecting BabyBug in August 2011.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page