LOST 1/11 2 hours: "Revelation" recap + new Eko-centric episode - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 77 Old 01-13-2006, 03:27 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I think the Eko storyline is the best so far. Dh said, "I hate this show...I want to stop watching it, but I can't."

Tina ~ SAHcarrot.gif- head Mama to - 

DS blowkiss.gif(07/'03), DD energy.gif(05'05), DS, unplanned UC sleepytime.gif(01/'09), DD joy.gif(06/'11) ...

SURPRISE!  dizzy.gifNew little one, due Sept. 2013

#62 of 77 Old 01-13-2006, 04:11 AM

My dh wonders if Sun shouldn't be worried that Jin gave Ana-Lucia a fish. When we were laughing about it he said "not only is it a fish, but a fish wrapped in a LEAF!". Jin doesn't give fish to everyone (as the guy who blew up pointed out last season).

The whole Walt thing is unnerving. Was Michael just imagining it? Does the computer have some kind of weird thing that sends signals to your brain or something to make you hallucinate if you try to use it for something else?

The French woman... Were Ethan and the other guy part of the others or were they in fact part of her team that was supposedly killed?

I have so many questions. I LOVE this show!

Mama to two boys and a girl.
#63 of 77 Old 01-13-2006, 04:26 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunRise
"Do you think his "friend" really pushed him away from the plane to save him or do you think it was greed. "
He looked pretty pissed. I think he did it to punish him because the deal went south. He probably figured every man for himself.

I loved this episode.
#64 of 77 Old 01-13-2006, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookGoddess
Isn't it interesting that the only two people to have seen the "black smoke monster" and lived are Locke and Eko? They are two similar individuals. Both have a strong sense of self. They're leaders. They don't scare easily. They aren't afraid of the island or its mysteries. They have a spiritual side. Both made sacrifices on behalf of a family member. Do you think the reason they lived after seeing the monster is because of who they are?
Dh and I have talked about this, too. Remember several times when Locke was explaining backgammon he started with "there are two sides (or something like that), one light and one dark" The "one light and one dark" has been said several times. Could he and Eko be the light and dark of something?

Paige, mama to three girls, (10), (8) and (3)
#65 of 77 Old 01-13-2006, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muttix2
My dh wonders if Sun shouldn't be worried that Jin gave Ana-Lucia a fish. When we were laughing about it he said "not only is it a fish, but a fish wrapped in a LEAF!". Jin doesn't give fish to everyone (as the guy who blew up pointed out last season).
That is funny! I was watching a season one episode the other night and Jin gave Hurley a fish. But it wasn't wrapped in a leaf! (It was cleaned, though.)

Allison, mom to ds born May 2002
#66 of 77 Old 01-13-2006, 01:45 PM

:
#67 of 77 Old 01-13-2006, 02:19 PM

Pass the popcorn, please....lurking
#68 of 77 Old 01-13-2006, 02:38 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
i agree that the Eko story line is one of the best and this episode was great.

I saw "charlie" on ellen and he was saying stuff about how his character was really going to go down a one-way street, a complete 180 from where he had been....i was prepared for the worst and I suspect he gave away more info than he ought this week, since we didn't really see much yet

i don't thinkt he computer talk is rela, because how in the WORLD (even this world) would "walt" know that michael was there at that moment? or is "someone" talking to several folks and claiming to be him or her or whomever???

i was going to comment on the thugs/resulting from war not drug dealers thing too. Eko even said it was not his normal line of work. I don't think that Eko doubted that his brother could have been shot as a boy when he was told to shoot the priest. I think he KNEW that his brother would be DESTRIYED by the act of shooting anyone and that he was better able to handle it. I think he then became what he had to be to survive (his words to, right? however distorted his ideas might have become after thugging for awhile). I don't think he is evil.

Eko might be just what they need (kind of like Ana-Lucia in that he is able to kill when it is required of him and intimidate whomever even without actual violence, but unlike Ana-Lucia who has a lot of self-doubt, Eko --like Locke-- is really grounded and sure of himself)

I think Eko was always a priest. He just had distorted images of what God wanted from him and competing role models and was in the middle of a war. He never saw himself as a priest. He does now.

I think the drug plane crashed on the island BECAUSE Eko would and he needed it too. His brother was (like others said) certainly already dead.
#69 of 77 Old 01-13-2006, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeBirthMommy
Dh and I have talked about this, too. Remember several times when Locke was explaining backgammon he started with "there are two sides (or something like that), one light and one dark" The "one light and one dark" has been said several times. Could he and Eko be the light and dark of something?
Someone told me that producers had hinted that what will happen on the island is similar to Steven King's The Stand. In The Stand, there are two groups..one good and one evil. If that's true for LOST and if there is a showdown I wonder if Eko and Locke are going to be on the same side or if they will be leading two different groups and who will be in those two groups.

Normal is just a setting on your dryer.
#70 of 77 Old 01-13-2006, 07:23 PM

ooh, that's fascinating. I know how I'd want it to line up, but I'm sure it wouldn't go my way - it's purely on my own taste in acting/personality.

let's see, pardon the nicknames, I really am awful with tv character names, even though I watch every week. I'm sure I'm forgetting lots of people.

Good:
mama and aaron
sayid
eko
walt and his dad, and the dog
sun and spouse
hurley
bernard and spouse

Bad:
heroin guy
sawyer
not-so-hottie evangaline woman
boring doctor
ana lucia
eta locke, although he's so interesting I want to like him, but I do think he's a bad guy
#71 of 77 Old 01-14-2006, 01:11 AM

So far the "monster" has killed the co-pilot in the very beginning episode. Or was that the second episode?
#72 of 77 Old 01-14-2006, 01:30 AM

That would be interesting if there was a good/bad thing between the people who were on the flight. I'm not so sure I'd like it though.

I think it was the second episode that the copilot was killed in but I'm not sure. And, was the French woman alluding to the "monster" when she said "it" killed them all (her team)?

Mama to two boys and a girl.
#73 of 77 Old 01-14-2006, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeBirthMommy

Does anyone have a link to what Eko saw in the smoke? We didn't record last night.

This is such a cool site, just click on each link and it will quickly show you the image in the smoke
http://lost.cubit.net/investigations.php

~Shannon~ Proud Mama of 3 girls, ages 7,4, and 2.
#74 of 77 Old 01-14-2006, 10:39 AM

Thanks for the link-that's so cool.

Paige, mama to three girls, (10), (8) and (3)
#75 of 77 Old 01-14-2006, 02:22 PM

That is a cool link. Thanks! But also creepy. Some LOST sites have a "translation" of the mysterious voices in the deep jungle. The translated statements sound like some of the voices are from deceased people like Boone. Now, we have images of deceased people in the black smoke. Verrrrry interesting!

Normal is just a setting on your dryer.
#76 of 77 Old 01-14-2006, 08:37 PM

I didn't see a person, I saw the teddy bear.
#77 of 77 Old 01-17-2006, 10:07 AM

Once again subbing way late. I always forget a new thread gets started with each epi, then I spend all week wondering why there is no discussion going on about the new episode!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page