LOST 3/1 "Maternity Leave" - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 110 Old 03-05-2006, 06:27 PM
lab

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Good Lord! What was my problem!

Trying to do the right thing with three kids and a hubby. 
ds20, dd18, ds16

#62 of 110 Old 03-05-2006, 06:44 PM

While I agree that not everyone gets sick when exposed to a virus, don't you think it's odd that out of everyone on her team *she* was the only person who didn't get sick. Personally I still think she's an Other. She knew where their bunker was but never checked it out.
#63 of 110 Old 03-06-2006, 09:14 AM

Everyone seems to be trusting the others when they say that what they have is a vaccine. All I could think of the other day while watching was that they were actually injecting bad stuff into her. Know what I mean?
#64 of 110 Old 03-06-2006, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmace
Everyone seems to be trusting the others when they say that what they have is a vaccine. All I could think of the other day while watching was that they were actually injecting bad stuff into her. Know what I mean?

I am soooooo with you on that!!

Allison

Allison, mom to ds born May 2002
#65 of 110 Old 03-06-2006, 11:28 AM

You should have seen my pregnant self watching those scenes through my fingers. Yeeech.
#66 of 110 Old 03-06-2006, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmace
#67 of 110 Old 03-06-2006, 01:41 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I don't think Rousseau knew where the bunker was; she took Claire to where Claire scratched her and then didn't know where to go. Claire then knew it looked familiar and found the bunker by searching.

I have also wondered if it wasn't a vaccine but something bad, but then it is a vaccine, that would explain why Rousseau didn't get sick and all her teammates did, because they injected her while she was pregnant. Also, Desmond seemed to be injecting the same stuff into his own arm when he was in the hatch.
#68 of 110 Old 03-06-2006, 04:52 PM

Quote:
I don't think Rousseau knew where the bunker was; she took Claire to where Claire scratched her and then didn't know where to go.
You're right, sorry.

Did the inject Rousseau while pg? Since they were going to do a c-section on Claire, did they do a c-section on Rousseau and what did they do with her after they had the baby?
#69 of 110 Old 03-06-2006, 08:23 PM

Weren't they going to kill Claire? Would they really let her go back to the camp?

But then how did Rousseau escape? I don't know, the more I think about it, the more confusing it gets?
#70 of 110 Old 03-06-2006, 09:30 PM

When did Rosseau kill her group? Was it after she had her baby? Maybe the others convinced Rosseau that her group had some deadly disease and that she needed to kill them out of humanity (or maybe they just messed her up on drugs and she killed her group). Or they could have promised she'd get her baby if she killed them. That is why they let her go without killing her.

I felt so sorry for her when she was in the bunker and Claire said she didn't find what she was looking for and Danielle said she didn't find what she was looking for either. She really breaks my heart. Being stranded alone for 16 yrs looking for your dd that was taken away at birth. She should be crazier then she is. I was so hoping that Claire would realize what Danielle was looking for and she did. Hope Danielle is not an other.

I really think Mr Eko is the one of the coolest people on the island. Is he building himself actual shelther? (shack or a hut)
#71 of 110 Old 03-06-2006, 09:43 PM

Isn't Eko so cool? And so hot!

I think he's building some sort of church or sacred space.

Ok, Danielle said that she delivered her baby herself and it was after her team got sick and she killed them. Who knows how accurate that is. If she was drugged and with Ethan, etc...she may not be remembering correctly but that is what she said.

This is what Danielle said in Exodus part I (last season):

Our ship went aground on this island 16 years ago. There were 6 of us - my team, 6. At that time I was already 7 months pregnant. I delivered the infant myself. The baby and I were together for only 1 week when I saw black smoke - a pillar of black smoke 5 kilometers inland. That night they came - they came and took her - Alex. They took my baby. And now, they're coming again. They're coming for all of you.

#72 of 110 Old 03-06-2006, 10:17 PM

thanks Katiecat!

So, assuming she went full term...that's 2 months on the island while pregnant. She did say they spent a month in the bunker in this episode right? Maybe the other's were vaccinating her like they did Claire and were able to convince her that her crew was going to suffer some terrible disease (and maybe they did catch some terrible disease and maybe those vaccines protected her) and she killed her crew. Who knows how the other's brainwashed her, they were able to convince Claire to give them her baby. Then she delivered her baby alone (a uc'er) and the other's took the baby away.
Can't wait until her story is unraveled and she gets reunited with Alex.
#73 of 110 Old 03-06-2006, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Maybe the other's were vaccinating her like they did Claire
They were not vaccinating Claire, they told her she would have to go back to camp because there was not enough vaccine for her, just for the baby.

According to the girl(Alex?) they were going to kill Claire.
#74 of 110 Old 03-07-2006, 08:22 AM

They were definitely going to kill Claire. Take a look at the scene where Alex rescues Claire. When they show the surgical suite, with Dharma/The Others getting ready, they are suited up from head to toe in protective gear. They were going to brutally remove that baby from her and leave her a bloody, dead mess.
#75 of 110 Old 03-07-2006, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chersolly
They were definitely going to kill Claire. Take a look at the scene where Alex rescues Claire. When they show the surgical suite, with Dharma/The Others getting ready, they are suited up from head to toe in protective gear. They were going to brutally remove that baby from her and leave her a bloody, dead mess.
That's what I think, too. I think Ethan was starting to like Claire and that he was sincere when he said he wished she didn't have "to go" but they were definitely going to kill her/let her die.

#76 of 110 Old 03-07-2006, 12:50 PM

That's what I think to. I've never had a c/s or seen one happen but it seems like that was a LOT of covering to just do a non-emergency c/s.

About Ethan liking Claire, that's why I thought that maybe he was giving her a liquid form of the vaccine when they were in the jungle alone. But then he probably wouldn't have had a problem drinking any.

Mama to two boys and a girl.
#77 of 110 Old 03-07-2006, 04:28 PM

ok, I've read through all 8 pages, but can anyone recap for me. That was the night we just got home, so naturally I missed it. Sounds like it was a very informative episode and I don't want to get too far behind.
#78 of 110 Old 03-07-2006, 05:07 PM

These are two sites I've gotten from this thread about Lost.

http://www.lostpedia.com/wiki/Main_Page
http://lost.cubit.net/

I think the second one has a synopsis if you scroll down.

#79 of 110 Old 03-07-2006, 05:50 PM
lab

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiecat
That's what I think, too. I think Ethan was starting to like Claire and that he was sincere when he said he wished she didn't have "to go" but they were definitely going to kill her/let her die.
Ethan totally had the hots for Claire.

Remember when Zeke was fussing at him for not getting the list. Ethan was supposed to get the list first, then grab Claire.

I think he over reacted to Claire and Charlie's relationship and got jealous. So he grabbed Claire to get her away from Charlie.

Trying to do the right thing with three kids and a hubby. 
ds20, dd18, ds16

#80 of 110 Old 03-07-2006, 05:56 PM

Thanks guys, wish I could have seen it, just to see first hand everything...
#81 of 110 Old 03-08-2006, 12:22 AM

I, too, just watched my tape so have been saving this thread to read! Lots to discuss!

I couldn't believe Claire left the sick, crying baby with no nursies- although it was because he was sick and she was desperate to get medicine/vaccine for him that she was leaving, so in a convoluted way it made sense. It reminds me of the time Danielle took the baby to the black smoke and he was gone for hours- when Claire was finally reunited with him she didn't even nurse him- all I could think was how hungry the poor kid must have been, and how badly I would have wanted to nurse him immediately after getting him back in my arms! But like you all said, male writers would not think of that!

Jack is getting more and more ridiculous. I thought he was a surgeon- but he can definitively diagnose that Aaron has roseola and he's fine?? Yes, Jack, it is a common childhood illness, but how would he have gotten it on the island?

I totally think Sun is pg as well. Funny about the tests, I hadn't remembered that about the honeymooning couple having tests. I guess Sawyer has them b/c he has pretty much anything of value that was on the plane and he likes to use it as leverage.

Does anyone else think it's really strange that a couple episodes ago it was a big deal that Sawyer got all the guns and made a big announcement that he was in charge, yet it's hardly been mentioned in the 2 episodes since? I thought that signaled a major shift in how things would run on the island but so far there's only been a passing reference to it! And please, did Kate really think she'd march up to him and demand a gun without giving any explanation?

Pretty funny about them clearing out the bunker, yet they left a beard and theatrical glue?? That was pretty silly.

The plane mobile was freaky.

I agree, they'd have to have a way to get on and off the island- even if they had massive amounts of food and supplies, it would only last so long, and they've been there more than 16 years if Danielle's dd had grown up there (I wonder what kind of life she's had?)

I felt so sad for Danielle when she asked Kate to shoot her, it would be a relief- imagine her grief and all she's lost.

LOL, Sawyer's glasses were pretty funny.
#82 of 110 Old 03-08-2006, 02:53 AM

I'm sticking to my theory that the other side of the island is fully populated. Complete with strip malls, Target and Starbucks.
#83 of 110 Old 03-08-2006, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffernutter
I'm sticking to my theory that the other side of the island is fully populated. Complete with strip malls, Target and Starbucks.

I don't even think it's an island.

#84 of 110 Old 03-09-2006, 11:47 AM

next new episode?
#85 of 110 Old 03-09-2006, 11:57 AM

I think someone said the 22nd.

#86 of 110 Old 03-09-2006, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsybitsy25
I, too, just watched my tape so have been saving this thread to read! Lots to discuss!

Does anyone else think it's really strange that a couple episodes ago it was a big deal that Sawyer got all the guns and made a big announcement that he was in charge, yet it's hardly been mentioned in the 2 episodes since? I thought that signaled a major shift in how things would run on the island but so far there's only been a passing reference to it! And please, did Kate really think she'd march up to him and demand a gun without giving any explanation?

I felt so sad for Danielle when she asked Kate to shoot her, it would be a relief- imagine her grief and all she's lost.

LOL, Sawyer's glasses were pretty funny.
Glad you finally got to watch it!

Ok, I didn't think it was weird about Sawyer and the guns because #1, that is what this show does. Shows these huge storylines one week and then POOF! Nothing about it ever again.

But the other reason I didn't think it was weird is that Sawyer doesn't want to be in charge or a leader. Our southern boy is more of a loner. He took the guns mostly because he was sick of Jack and Locke trying to tell him (and everyone else) what to do.

I felt so bad for Danielle, too.

Sawyer is dead sexy, glasses and all. He made that one word question "Why?" so hot I could hardly stand it.

And yes new epi on the 22nd, The Whole Truth, about Jin and Sun.

Allison

#87 of 110 Old 03-09-2006, 02:13 PM

GAH I wish I'd read this before expectantly waiting then realizing it was a repeat last night!! When Sawyer and Kate were swimming and found the dead bodies and case underwater I thought either a.flashback or b. ANOTHER case. gggrrrr
Why do they show such a major episode then wait weeks for another new one? Isn't March sweeps month? When all the shows do stuff to draw viewers in?
#88 of 110 Old 03-09-2006, 02:18 PM

February, May, and November are sweeps months as far as I know.

Jam 7, Peanut Butter 5, and Bread 2.

#89 of 110 Old 03-09-2006, 03:56 PM

I just finished rereading The Stand, looking for info. There is a mention of the Lost Island--Randall Flagg talks about it. Also, at the end when RF is resurrected, he walks out of the water onto an "uncivilized" island. Of course, there is the whole virus thing. Gov't flu that kills people and divides the population into good and bad. No real character comparisions except Rose seems a lot of Mother Abigail--lots of faith and acceptance of God's way.

Just thought I'd post.
#90 of 110 Old 03-10-2006, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3girls1boy
I figured Claire just felt that finding the medicine for Aaron was a bigger priority then nursing him right at that time. And she didn't want to take him because she knew they wanted to take him from her. I can understand it. I don't think they were gone that long...maybe a few hours.
I TOTALLY AGREE

Momma instinct would be keep baby safest, even if it is not with you when your heart is breaking for the babe......

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page