Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just starting the thread so I'll be subscribed

I'm Andrea - I have three boys - 12 year old twins & an 11 year old

#2 of 110 Old 03-01-2006, 06:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
wooo hooo just saw the commercial and it's a NEW episode!!!!!!!!
#3 of 110 Old 03-01-2006, 08:00 PM

Yeah!!!
#4 of 110 Old 03-01-2006, 08:51 PM - Thread Starter

2 more hours! whee!

#5 of 110 Old 03-01-2006, 11:43 PM

just subbing
#6 of 110 Old 03-02-2006, 12:21 AM

Okay - so I'll be the first to say it - Claire! You can't leave that baby - he needs to nurse now more than ever if he has a fever and feels poorly and what if you get captured or killed? I don't see a supply of wet nurses or formula available (or even cow's milk for that matter). Arrrrrggggghhhhhh.

Interesting episode - but again - it drives me crazy how the characters never talk to each other.

I couldn't see - what was Sawyer reading now?

And does anyone think Henry Gale is both telling the truth and is an other? I think maybe his balloon really did crash, his wife really fid die, but he is infected and is thus an "other". Or maybe not. Who knows!

Tanya
Mom to John (age 11), James (age 9) & Katherine (age 5)
#7 of 110 Old 03-02-2006, 12:27 AM

So the Others work for/are Dharma and were pretending to be Hillbillies? Okay. That's so much better than a tribe of comical fishermen/Hillbillies running around the island.

Henry Gale... Totally Dharma/Other. I can't believe Locke is falling so easily from Henry's manipulation. What a fool. I guess Locke is an easy mark... and he has a missing kidney to show for it.

What else?

Oh, when Eko put the blade to this throat, I thought he was going to commit suicide. I was totally on the edge of my seat. Cutting of the chin pubes must be some sort of forgiveness thing?

And finally an episode that answers some frickin' questions!!!
#8 of 110 Old 03-02-2006, 12:31 AM - Thread Starter

Cher I hid my face in my shirt LOL! I was so sure he was going to slit his own throat!

#9 of 110 Old 03-02-2006, 12:37 AM

Oh, and I was very pleased to see the baby healthy without some stupid vaccine. As soon as they first uttered the word "vaccine", my husband shot a "please-don't-go-into-a-lecture-on-the-evils-of-vaxs" my way.

And Sun might be pregnant?! With the rate this show goes, she'll be pregnant for like 8 more seasons. Nooo!!!!
#10 of 110 Old 03-02-2006, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teensy
Okay - so I'll be the first to say it - Claire! You can't leave that baby - he needs to nurse now more than ever if he has a fever and feels poorly and what if you get captured or killed? I don't see a supply of wet nurses or formula available (or even cow's milk for that matter). Arrrrrggggghhhhhh.
I know! DH said it before I did, "Doesn't that baby need the nummies?!"

A very freaky episode!
#11 of 110 Old 03-02-2006, 01:49 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Henry Gale is up to no good. Don't trust him, Locke!

So why did they abandon the medical facility? Because they thought Claire might remember where it was and come back (which I guess she did). But Zeke left his beard and his theatrical glue in there (wonder if he buys that online? ). Or does he have a supply elsewhere.

What did Zeke say to Ethan about you were supposed to make the list and then take them? Was that it or was there more?

As someone said, finally some answers! (That, of course, lead to more questions!)
#12 of 110 Old 03-02-2006, 02:34 AM

What a great episode! Wow.
#13 of 110 Old 03-02-2006, 03:07 AM

Subbing!
#14 of 110 Old 03-02-2006, 04:06 AM

Just have to jump in and say that I love my dh! Aaron's crying, sick, etc, and Erik goes, "Just give that baby the boob already!!!" Oh, I swooned.... LOL

Ethan creeps me out, but it was interesting to see what a white coat did for him.... And how about finding their "costumes"??? That was creepy!
#15 of 110 Old 03-02-2006, 10:02 AM - Thread Starter

zeke must have either (A) more costumes stashed someplace else or (B) abandoned the shelter after meeting Jack, et al b/c they asked him about Ethan.

Gale is so totally an other

I like how they don't mention feeding Aaron at all. : how can she NOT be engorged after that whole long trip. If I was sitting in that room holding that bootie I'd be leaking everywhere LOL

#16 of 110 Old 03-02-2006, 10:46 AM

What was up with the plane mobile in the crib? They knew that the plane was gonna crash on the island.
#17 of 110 Old 03-02-2006, 11:14 AM

Oh man. Oh man. I just could've kicked her when she left the baby. First off, it was sick and not eating (she told Jack it wasn't eating). All I can think is maybe the mama bear instinct plus some sort of infection from being engorged b/c baby wasn't eating... But still leaving the baby to go with just one other person to where the Others reside??? Stupid. :

I wonder who "he" is and why he's in charge. Zeke seemed kind of scared about it. And I wonder why Russo's dd isn't like them. What, just b/c she wasn't their baby or something?

This episode reinforced AND made me question my theory (that they're dead and in purgatory). I mean, dead people don't need costumes but Eko "confessing" and asking for forgiveness from Henry Gale made me think that he knows that they're dead. Stupid writers playing with my mind!

I think Henry is definitely an Other. I mean, he could just be smart on his own thinking about playing them against each other to get out. But, he seems kind of weird. And Locke is an idiot. Everyone knows that little trick and for him to fall for it just proves that I was right to hate him. : I'm waaaay to invested in this show!

Oh, and I could've cried for Russo when she didn't find her dd there. And when she was so happy that she wasn't like the Others, it gave her some sanity.

Mama to two boys and a girl.
#18 of 110 Old 03-02-2006, 11:38 AM

I was so happy for Rousseau that she did hear something good about her dd. It justified her actions and proved that she is who she says she is.

I wonder about the plane mobile. Since the Dharma Initiative is doing all of these experiments, it could easily be that they are jamming the frequencies and distrupting technology, thus causing the crashes of the ship, plane & balloon? I'm not sure about Gale, though. Something is just not right about him. While he didn't admit anything to Eko, he didn't deny anthing either.

What's up with the "chin pubes" lol? DH & I both said "omigod" when he pulled the knife. Also, how come Eko doesn't have a first name and goes by Mr. Eko. Seems too distant--formal.

If I had been Claire, I would have strapped that babe on and gone. DIdn't Charlie make a sling for her? THat would have taken care of the bf'ing. Also, I wondered if Sun maybe gave Aaron something from her garden since she is so familiar with herbal remedies.

Oh, and what are the chances that there was an EPT on the plane and it survived the crash? A little far-fetched? Anyone notice that the dish detergent had a flip top (too recent)?
#19 of 110 Old 03-02-2006, 11:49 AM

The dude who plays Ethan is Tom Cruise's cousin.
#20 of 110 Old 03-02-2006, 11:51 AM

Wasn't Dorothy's uncle named Henry Gale? (in Wizard of Oz)
#21 of 110 Old 03-02-2006, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp127

If I had been Claire, I would have strapped that babe on and gone. DIdn't Charlie make a sling for her? THat would have taken care of the bf'ing. Also, I wondered if Sun maybe gave Aaron something from her garden since she is so familiar with herbal remedies.
As a sling WAHM, it kills me how everyone on that island lugs that baby around in arms all the time looking so helpless when there has got to be a scarf or something on that island. And yeah, whatever happened to Charlie's "Bjorn"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp127
Oh, and what are the chances that there was an EPT on the plane and it survived the crash? A little far-fetched? Anyone notice that the dish detergent had a flip top (too recent)?
Yeah, I wondered about there being a pregnancy test on the plane. I don't know about anyone else, but every time I've taken a pregnancy test that thing has gotten peed on as soon as I could get out of the drugstore and into a bathroom. I don't usually travel with them.

About the flip-top dishsoap, the show is set at the present and those flip-tops have been around for several years, haven't they?
#22 of 110 Old 03-02-2006, 12:02 PM

just remember that this show is written by MEN! Breastfeeding, engorgement, slings, etc...... Not what they want the show to be about.
#23 of 110 Old 03-02-2006, 01:06 PM

so many things to comment on.

Eko, do we know for sure that he was on that plane? i think this has been questioned before. I think there is a chance he was asking for Gale's forgiveness for killing the 2 others because Eko could be part of the Others and Gale is one of the head guys with Dharma.

Plane Mobile, that thing was just freaky. What was that silver sun for???? We know of 2 planes that crashed, their flight and the drug runner's plane. There were 3 planes on that mobile, where it the third plane that crashed?

Gale is an other, he is playing them against themselves to make them weaker while he makes his "list".lol

Sun being pg is not a shock/surprise. It was foreshadowed the episode after Sun and Jin were reunited, though not enough time has passed from that to her being able to take a pg test. Plus i"m not sure there was alot of nookie going on between Sun and Jin after he found out she spoke English. Sun is just hoping that Sawyer has a pg test. She is SOOOOOOOO pg though.

I was expecting Sun to whip up some herbal concoction for Aaron too.

You'd think Danielle would give more information and not be hiding out in the woods. I still think there's something off about her.

Zeke, was that him without his costume talking to Ethan(so creepy having him back that actor will never be able to play a "good" person in any future work,lol). Yes he told Ethan that he was supposed to make a list, not bring her back to their hideout. I really wonder who "he" is.

Why did they not explore the rest of that bunker.

Hurley & what's her name getting together?

Jack, sure Roseola is a very common virus............perhaps in civilized countries not on a island that nobody knows about. This seemed a little farfetched to me. At least he didn't give the baby antibiotics. Personally I was thinking the baby got poison ivy or something like that somehow.lol

I don't think they ever showed Claire using the sling, only Charlie. She seemed put off by it.

Quote:
The dude who plays Ethan is Tom Cruise's cousin
Well that explains the creepy eyes.lol

What were they injecting Claire with, what sedative were they giving her to make her so loopy and high. Why were they doing it and why do they want that baby so bad to convince her to just give it to them.

Where *is* their plane? I know they burned it but seriously that much metal would not have melted. Even if it did there should be a pile of metal somewhere. I know they took pieces of it here and there but there's a large chunk of plane, engines, etc that have disappeared.
#24 of 110 Old 03-02-2006, 01:21 PM

I figured Claire just felt that finding the medicine for Aaron was a bigger priority then nursing him right at that time. And she didn't want to take him because she knew they wanted to take him from her. I can understand it. I don't think they were gone that long...maybe a few hours.
#25 of 110 Old 03-02-2006, 01:56 PM

What country is Eko from? Maybe that explains the "chin pube" cutting...a way to atone for the sin of killing someone, or a Sampson reference...wasn't that the myth of not cutting hair?

I think Claire wasn't gone long either. But damn woman sling that baby already!

Locke is an idiot! Gale was the name in the Wizard of Oz, she was Dorothy Gale. hhhmmm balloon, Gale.....

WTH is Sawyer going to get a pg test? Not commonly found on a airplane as far as I know.

oh so many questions....
#26 of 110 Old 03-02-2006, 02:13 PM

Henry was trying to manipulate Locke and it worked. Eko clearly thinks Henry is an Other so that's why he apologized to him for killing the two Others the first night after the crash.

I don't understand why Eko chopped off that part of his beard unless he grew it as some sort of atonement for killing the two Others? I don't know if it was said where Eko comes from but I thought it was Nigeria. Not sure where I got that idea from but I may have read it somewhere.

I think that teenage girl who saved Claire is Alex. She had the same dark hair and features as Rousseau. Interesting how she is "good" after spending all those years with the Others.

The theatrical glue, wig etc. seem to indicate the Others are trying to make it appear as though they have been living in the wild. When they go out of their clean Dharma bunkers they dress in rags, glue on fake beards, and dirty themselves up. Why? Is this all some grand psychological experiement?

I think the Others moved from that Dharma bunker (which seemed to have a medical symbol in it btw) because they thought Claire would lead her group there. They didn't think that she would suppress her memories.

Normal is just a setting on your dryer.
#27 of 110 Old 03-02-2006, 02:15 PM

I thought Eko going to talk to that guy was like going to a confessional. Small room, stranger. Like he is really trying to be a good Catholic now, and also take on his brother's identity.
#28 of 110 Old 03-02-2006, 02:17 PM

Why did they go to all the trouble of moving out of the bunker,if it was just to prevent Claire from finding them there? Why didn't they just kill her? They intended to before, and they certainly have the ability/ power to do so.
#29 of 110 Old 03-02-2006, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonconformnmom
Why did they go to all the trouble of moving out of the bunker,if it was just to prevent Claire from finding them there? Why didn't they just kill her? They intended to before, and they certainly have the ability/ power to do so.
Maybe there really are less of the Others. We're assuming that there are a lot of them b/c of the fire lighting thing, but what if that was run on gas or something? They obviously have access to power. Or maybe it was left there for a reason. Don't be scared of us, we're fake. Or be scared, we can be anyone. Some kind of message or something.

Mama to two boys and a girl.
#30 of 110 Old 03-02-2006, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muttix2
Maybe there really are less of the Others. We're assuming that there are a lot of them b/c of the fire lighting thing, but what if that was run on gas or something? They obviously have access to power. Or maybe it was left there for a reason. Don't be scared of us, we're fake. Or be scared, we can be anyone. Some kind of message or something.
I also think there may not be that many of the Others on the island but I believe they know how to get off and on the island. For example, take the small boat they used when they attacked Jin, Michael, Walt, and Sawyer on the open ocean. That was a modern boat. It sure wasn't a rickety wooden canoe! That boat was most likely powered by diesel. Where do they get diesel on a remote island? I know there's bio-diesel available but I doubt that's what they're using. They must have some diesel stored somewhere on the island but they must also have a way of getting more diesel, if needed. I find it hard to believe they don’t leave the island. With that boat and maybe other boats they may have a way of getting off the island and coming back with what they need to keep their charade going.

Normal is just a setting on your dryer.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page