ANTM anyone? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-30-2006, 11:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am so glad Gina's gone. Too whiny and not enough confidence. However, I thought what Janice did to her was cruel and horrible. I can't stand Janice anyway, but she totally set Gina up and I thought it was downright nasty.

The thing with Nnenna and her boyfriend was downright scary. I dated a guy like that in high school and it totally frightened me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2006, 10:24 AM

OH what am I to do...

They have changed the showing scheduale of another favorite of mine to the same time as ANTM!!!!/....
sp I either will have to flick between stations or watch ANTM on tuesdays when they rerun it .......

oh boy....hahahhaha!!!
Old 03-31-2006, 10:34 AM

what did Janice do to Gina? Do tell! I missed the first 15 minutes

and of course I miss Janice....
Old 04-01-2006, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susana
what did Janice do to Gina? Do tell! I missed the first 15 minutes

and of course I miss Janice....
Janice was teaching them how to pose. Commericial poses vs editorial poses. Anyways...Gina asked a question...I don't even remember what she asked. But Janice wanted to teach her a lesson, so she made her stand up and hop on one foot and laugh out loud for a good 30 seconds or longer (she looked like a complete fool). She was basically humiliating her publicly. And THEN they were all out to dinner with Janice and Janice calls Gina over to sit with her, all buddy buddy like she was going to have a nice heart to heart with her.....she asked Gina who in the house she was having issues with. Gina wouldn't say anything....so then Janice asked AGAIN. So Gina points to Jade, Jade gets all defensive, acts shocked.....Who me??? You know. So then Janice rips Gina a new one for ratting out one of the girls in the house. She was SO HARSH to Gina....I don't even like Gina but Janice took it WAY too far. She told Gina that she was dead in her book. Ugh....I hate that Janice Bitchenson.

Bethany, mama to M (9), J (7), S (4), and baby BOY 9/13/10!!
Old 04-01-2006, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by birthjunkie27
that Janice Bitchenson.

She definitely rubs me the wrong way; comes off SO snooty!

Another mama very glad to see Gina gone.

I missed all but the last 15 minutes, so I'll be tuning in on tuesday. I'm on the west coast, and for some reason it shoes at 5 instead of 8 Oh well, usually works out better that way since it's not right at bed time
Old 04-01-2006, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frowningfrog
Is Joanie the one who took the SAHM pic??......

That was the best pic of the whole bunch..her facial expressions were incredible
...yep that's the one
Old 04-01-2006, 11:39 AM

I totally have to agree, Janice was wrong for what she did to Gina and how sad was that to see Gina crying in the limo or truck because of what she did. Janice wouldnt even allow her to say anything after that...I think she was just being mean-spirited and obviously did set her up.
Old 04-01-2006, 05:27 PM

I freaking hate Janice, first top model my butt, the only reason her name is even that well known is that she was with Slyvester Stallone, period. WHY do they keep her around.

I thought Gina deserved to go but I cannot stand Jade. Lets see who she picks on now that Gina is gone, and if they take her crap

We may not have it all together, but together we have it all
Old 04-01-2006, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBug
I freaking hate Janice, first top model my butt, the only reason her name is even that well known is that she was with Slyvester Stallone, period. WHY do they keep her around.

I thought Gina deserved to go but I cannot stand Jade. Lets see who she picks on now that Gina is gone, and if they take her crap
That's funny! I can't stand Jade too! She is so unattractive, IMO.

On another note, who do you think is going to win????
Old 04-01-2006, 07:23 PM

Well lets face it Nnema is just plain gorgeous. I think she will get signed by someone no matter what. So would say her, but then I if not her I think it will be Danielle. I think alot of these girls are just too commercial, and they want them to be everything, kwim?

Old 04-01-2006, 07:47 PM

Hmm. Here is the wikipedia article on Janice Dickinson.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Janice_Dickinson

She's Polish. Ooooh, the shame of my people...

Surely I have something better to do with my Saturdays...perhaps I have some caulking that needs scrubbing.
Old 04-01-2006, 09:13 PM

thanks for filling me in on what I missed!!

You know, I used to like Janice. I remember her in the mags when I was in jr high and thought, yes! dark hair and dark eyed model. finally.

then she was on ANTM and I thought she was hilarious. Even read both of her books.

now I can't really handle her and the way she acts..she does act over the top too much. I wish I could see her be serious, just for like a second.
Old 04-02-2006, 12:04 AM

: ITA she is freaking scary now ala Joan Rivers. They look like they were done by the same Dr. I don't understand wanting to look like that, which is nothing like you looked when you were young. I understand wanting to look younger, but they don't even look like themselves anymore??

Old 04-02-2006, 12:37 AM

I really hated what she did to Gina. Tyra should be embarassed that she let that happen. Janice is just jealous that these girls are still young and don't look like an alien

Old 04-02-2006, 12:43 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
i have trouble even LOOKING at janice....like the woman on oprah an dinside edition who is addicted to plastic surgery....GROSS GROSS GROSS!!
Old 04-02-2006, 05:53 PM

Oh my goodness, I'd never seen Janice other than on ANTM....she was so beautiful! (Not saying she's ugly now, but there's a definite difference between natural youth beauty and plastic surgery beauty )

See here, and here.
Old 04-02-2006, 09:49 PM

Oh, I like some aspects of Janice-I haven't really seen her recently on Top Model though. It's sad that she doesn't have more self esteem and emotional balance because I do think she has some very likeable qualities (laughing that I'm even commenting on this!)
Old 04-03-2006, 02:40 PM

i haven't checked in here for a while! i love the janice discussion. how funny that they paired her up with crazy lisa from last season? I didnt' mind the hopping on one foot w/ gina but setting her up in the restaurant was unforgivable.

i LOVED joanie's SAHM pic- the facial expression was fabulous. when is Jade going to get knocked down a peg or 5? her attitude is mindblowing! when she was talking about how she & janice clicked b/c they're on the same level....??? yeah, there's someone to look up to!
Old 04-03-2006, 03:02 PM

I wish they would have let crazy Lisa chat with the girls. I loved her antics last cycle. She cracks me up.

Janice went over the top, but that's Janice. Tyra can act all wholesome but you have to have a little drama or no one will watch your show. She must know what she's getting into by having Janice there. Haha, how could you not know?
Old 04-06-2006, 02:02 AM - Thread Starter

god i HATE Jade!!!!!!
Molly sue is a million times prettier and more personable than Jade.
oh grrr.
why do i get so wrapped up in this?

treehugger.gif )O( unschooling, witchy mum to Addy(7) and Niamh(4)
Living with an invisible chronic illness.
Fat and hairy. And happy with both *( o Y o )*
Old 04-06-2006, 09:47 AM

Jade is the worst...what the heck. I was practically yelling at my tv last night when they got down to her and Mollie Sue.
Jade's commercial was *hilarious* I loved watching her screw up!

Poor Brooke.
I felt for her last night. She sure is beautiful. I don't think she looks like a trout??? speaking of that comment....

Did anyone else laugh out loud at Miss J's hairdo at judging last night? Loved it!
Old 04-06-2006, 10:49 AM

Oh, I'm so glad there was a thread for this - I skipped right over it before I put the initials together (smacking my forehead). My dh and I watch it together, it's pretty entertaining. He gets picked on at work for being so addicted to it. LOL

JADE IS ABSOLUTELY INSUFFERABLE!!!!!!!!

If she says "I'm real" one more time....ugh, I just want to choke her. And then her stupid raps belittling the other girls. Her commercial was SO bad last night. How many times has she been called a drag queen by the judges? Why do they keep her around???

Feronda has come a really long way, and I would like to see it down to her and Nnenna. I *love* Nnenna. I think she is absolutely beautiful, and she's got class to boot. Love that Jade was trying to keep her unfocuses and distracted with all her boyfriend issues, and then surprised when it backfired ("I was really shocked that Nnenna was able to stay focused...."). The whole boyfriend thing brings me back to my highschool days, with my obsessive, creepy, insecure boyfriend. Sounds like many a late night phone call I've had myself *rolling eyes*.
I hated to see Molly Sue go. And you know if Jade had gone she would've had a diatribe of excuses.
"TYRA SEES ME AS A THREAT". LOL

Oh - and to comment on Janice...I agree, the restaurant set-up was awful. She asked Gina TWICE to name names. That was really nasty.
I can't figure out if Janice is really that "ON" all the time, or if she's just coked out of her gourd.
Old 04-06-2006, 01:52 PM

I saw on the previews for last nights show on ET that Tyra passed out, but I missed it. Can someone tell me what happened? I caught the end of the show.
Old 04-06-2006, 02:01 PM

Oh, the Tyra passing out thing was her "acting", in preparation for the girls learning how to "improv".

Lame.
Old 04-06-2006, 02:01 PM

I am likewise addicted to the show. My favorite is Sarah. I also liked Molly Sue, and I was sad she was eliminated. I am thinking of cutting my hair like that, but I'm also a little afraid.
I was right from the beginning for two seasons in a row. Then I was totally wrong about Nicole. I didn't think she was going to win. I think I just didn't want her to win because she thought birds were blind. That made me want to DIE.
I'm glad Gina iis off the show now because she IRRITATED me to NO END.
So my guess is Mnenna will win, even though I would like to see Sarah win.

~laura
and planning to eat it again
Old 04-06-2006, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchro246
I was totally wrong about Nicole. I didn't think she was going to win. I think I just didn't want her to win because she thought birds were blind. That made me want to DIE.
:

Oh man, me too. That girl....so many times while were watching it I said to dh "how did she ever figure out how to BREATHE?!?!"

Just dumb as a stump.
Old 04-06-2006, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamohumm6
Oh, the Tyra passing out thing was her "acting", in preparation for the girls learning how to "improv".

Lame.
Totally. It was so crassly manipulative that I wanted to hurl. Then again, I guess this ain't Shakespeare we're watching here.

However, you can see why Tyra has not been in any feature films.
Old 04-06-2006, 02:40 PM

Quote:
I can't figure out if Janice is really that "ON" all the time, or if she's just coked out of her gourd.
HA! That's hilarious.
Old 04-06-2006, 03:09 PM

Quote:
If she says "I'm real" one more time....ugh, I just want to choke her. And then her stupid raps belittling the other girls. Her commercial was SO bad last night. How many times has she been called a drag queen by the judges? Why do they keep her around???
Because she causes drama, and drama = ratings. I find that this happens every season. There's always some drama queen whom they keep far longer than they should (at the expense of other contestants), just to keep things interesting.

I really liked Molly Sue *sniff*.
Old 04-06-2006, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCVeg
Because she causes drama, and drama = ratings. I find that this happens every season. There's always some drama queen whom they keep far longer than they should (at the expense of other contestants), just to keep things interesting.

I really liked Molly Sue *sniff*.
Yeah....while I know this is true (and it happens on the apprentice, too) it still drives me crazy!

User Tag List