16 children - Page 15 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2006, 04:12 PM
 
Marsupialmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: St. Louis MO
Posts: 9,039
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBee
I am honestly wondering the same thing.

Same as I.........
Marsupialmom is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-14-2006, 04:12 PM
 
AngelBee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: New Brighton, MN
Posts: 19,261
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdgirl
What if there are no side jobs available? Not everyone lives in a metro area.
Nothing is certain.

You get creative. There is ALWAYS a need to be met. You just have to figure out waht it is.

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

AngelBee is offline  
Old 03-14-2006, 04:13 PM
 
mamajama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,985
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBee
Over 35% of my students are Catholic. And 50% of my staff
That means that they're sinners then I guess hey?
(I know, I know, only God knows-----a convenient response when something one practices oneself is deemed sinful. Gay relationships however? We don't even need to wait for god to tell us *those* are sinful)

I cannot picture the goodly women in the Dugger household dancing like that can you? I only bring this up because you seem so intent on holding them up as some pinnacle of godliness yet you, yourself do not practice the same dogmatic principles.

You claim to be all happily submissive yet you can justify something deemed as sinful by those of strict religious beliefs simply because it fits into your own interpratation of right and wrong. That's great and fine (really it is) but to pretend your choices are easy and delivered packaged neatly on a platter straight from heaven itself, is doing a disservice to those mere mortals who may possibly take issue with oppression, struggle under it's thumb and fight tooth and nail to be free.
You can try to pretend we should all be living in the dark ages with 80's hairdoos, but is that really and truly what you believe? Or is it just easy rhetoric?
mamajama is offline  
Old 03-14-2006, 04:13 PM
Banned
 
DebraBaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 4,995
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I almost expect most people to change careers in their lifetimes.

I am saying the standard expectation is for my children to go to college. It would be the exception for them not to go to college.

Statistically, you will earn twice as much with a Bachelor's degree than you would with a high school diploma. There will always be plenty of exceptions either way, but statistically you will do better with a degree even if you do not use it in your career.

I am not going to into a mommy wars debate, but I believe women should be empowered to be able to support themselves even if they end up staying at home with their children. If they do, most women only have a few children, and we're talking about a few years in her life between the birth of the first child and the last child going into Kindergarten.

I just don't understand the lack of regard for education. I have seen this in a homeschooling BIL, it just boggles my mind, but, as noted earlier, this may well be cultural.

DB
DebraBaker is offline  
Old 03-14-2006, 04:13 PM
 
AngelBee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: New Brighton, MN
Posts: 19,261
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1xmom
As far as the clothes go, I can see the younger ones not minding dressing alike, but the older ones are a different story. I remember my mom dressing my sister and I alike and we are only a year apart. I really didn't like it (although my sister didn't mind), and was so glad when she finally stopped. Sometimes my dd (6 yrs old), wants me wear the same color as her, and sometimes I do. I know that soon enough she'll want to be her own person. I just hope these children are eventually able to have their own identity one day.
I never really minded my little sister and I dressing alike. We did it by choice. My mom thought we were

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

AngelBee is offline  
Old 03-14-2006, 04:15 PM
 
Marsupialmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: St. Louis MO
Posts: 9,039
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBee
AMEN!!!!!

Can I quote you in the future? That is beautiful.....I could not agree more.

I think it is sad in todays society that a "career" makes you who you are. It means very little to me. I do the best that I possibly can at my work, but I am a Christian, wife and mother. That is what shapes me, not my career.

Sure if you clear out your private message box......I would like to have an OFF topic conversation with you. LOL.

I will warn you I am not Christian, a mother of 3, tattooed, peirced, homeschooling, and working full time.
Marsupialmom is offline  
Old 03-14-2006, 04:15 PM
 
Alana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,832
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
True...nothing is certain in life...especially employment...and that is why I always tout the virtues of sales....most companies need salespeople. Plus, sales skills give people good people skills. My dh just hired an 80 yo man! Dh just thinks he is the greatest. How many companies would hire an 80yo??

This man was in sales his whole life, and when dh told him that he would be retiring at 50...he told dh "Salesmen cant retire....you get bored and wind up going to McDonalds just to talk to people!" Which is what my dad did...who was in sales...when he retired...he talked to EVERYONE!
Alana is offline  
Old 03-14-2006, 04:17 PM
 
flyingspaghettimama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 4,486
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I think the point that many of us are driving at is that a child should have a good enough education and social savvy to be able to choose college if they wish. In many overly protective homes, this may not even be possible, due to poor preparation. If the girls laundry skills are up to snuff, that's all fine and good if they wish to be a homemaker, but will they be able to pass the SAT with a decent score? What if they did want to enter school? Will they be able to write their application essay?

If anyone doubts that this happens in homeschool families, I urge you to come and check out our thread of "Were You Homeschooled?" http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=416234
Many of us were ill-prepared for anything beyond the four walls of our home due to oversheltering, uneducated parents doing the "educating." Not all homeschool families have this problem - in many homeschooling and unschooling families, most parents provide resources and encourage connections to the outside world - but in some homes, the seclusion aspect really limits growth. I would be a little resentful if my day as a child were filled with laundry duty and childcare instead of getting to read, playing chess, hanging out with friends, or writing poetry.

Something tells me these kids don't get to read a lot of science fiction.
flyingspaghettimama is offline  
Old 03-14-2006, 04:18 PM
 
mamajama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,985
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blessed
I'm surprised by this odd proclamation of the inherent value of college education in this group of home/un-schoolers. Why is organized education so undesirable before your late teens, and so unquestionably necessary and worthwhile after that?

Not being snide or antagonisitic here. I'm honestly shocked by the seeming contradiction and hoping for a real explanation.

thanks!

Because one does not need to do well in grade ten math as per state curriculum in order to publish scholarly articles later in life. In order to publish a thesis and receive research grants, work with peers on intellectual pursutes, gain recognition, and have one's work reviewed by an international body of intellectual experts in the feild, one must usually be involved in an institute of higher learning.
mamajama is offline  
Old 03-14-2006, 04:19 PM
 
AngelBee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: New Brighton, MN
Posts: 19,261
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamajama
That means that they're sinners then I guess hey?
(I know, I know, only God knows-----a convenient response when something one practices oneself is deemed sinful. Gay relationships however? We don't even need to wait for god to tell us *those* are sinful)

I cannot picture the goodly women in the Dugger household dancing like that can you? I only bring this up because you seem so intent on holding them up as some pinnacle of godliness yet you, yourself do not practice the same dogmatic principles.

You claim to be all happily submissive yet you can justify something deemed as sinful by those of strict religious beliefs simply because it fits into your own interpratation of right and wrong. That's great and fine (really it is) but to pretend your choices are easy and delivered packaged neatly on a platter straight from heaven itself, is doing a disservice to those mere mortals who may possibly take issue with oppression, struggle under it's thumb and fight tooth and nail to be free.
You can try to pretend we should all be living in the dark ages with 80's hairdoos, but is that really and truly what you believe? Or is it just easy rhetoric?
You have NEVER seen my students dance. You have NO CLUE what they look like.

I invite you to attend our Spring Review in June and then we can continue this discussion.

Our Catholic church does not teach that dancing is a sin.

Dancing from your heart, expressing yourself, or praising God through dance is not a sin.

If you are dancing to songs about humping.....out of line. Dressing little girls in booty shorts and bra tops......not good. Grinding on male dancers in choreography.....sick! :Puke This would be classified as sinful dancing.

That does not take place at our dance academy.

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

AngelBee is offline  
Old 03-14-2006, 04:22 PM
 
thismama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Nursing the revolution
Posts: 12,099
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blessed
I'm surprised by this odd proclamation of the inherent value of college education in this group of home/un-schoolers. Why is organized education so undesirable before your late teens, and so unquestionably necessary and worthwhile after that?
ITA. I'm a page behind so I don't know if this has been addressed, but I also don't think a college education is the only path. I also don't get why it suddenly becomes so important, when elementary school and secondary school education isn't viewed that way.
thismama is offline  
Old 03-14-2006, 04:23 PM
 
AngelBee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: New Brighton, MN
Posts: 19,261
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsupialmom
Sure if you clear out your private message box......I would like to have an OFF topic conversation with you. LOL.
.
All clear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsupialmom
I will warn you I am not Christian, a mother of 3, tattooed, peirced, homeschooling, and working full time.
So are many of my friends No need to warn me.

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

AngelBee is offline  
Old 03-14-2006, 04:24 PM
 
AngelBee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: New Brighton, MN
Posts: 19,261
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamajama
Because one does not need to do well in grade ten math as per state curriculum in order to publish scholarly articles later in life. In order to publish a thesis and receive research grants, work with peers on intellectual pursutes, gain recognition, and have one's work reviewed by an international body of intellectual experts in the feild, one must usually be involved in an institute of higher learning.
I disagree.

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

AngelBee is offline  
Old 03-14-2006, 04:25 PM
 
AngelBee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: New Brighton, MN
Posts: 19,261
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thismama
ITA. I'm a page behind so I don't know if this has been addressed, but I also don't think a college education is the only path. I also don't get why it suddenly becomes so important, when elementary school and secondary school education isn't viewed that way.
Yeah....I still don't get it.

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

AngelBee is offline  
Old 03-14-2006, 04:26 PM
 
Marsupialmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: St. Louis MO
Posts: 9,039
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamajama
Because one does not need to do well in grade ten math as per state curriculum in order to publish scholarly articles later in life. In order to publish a thesis and receive research grants, work with peers on intellectual pursutes, gain recognition, and have ones work reviewed by an international body of intellectual experts in the feild, one must usually be involved in an institute of higher learning.

But this is making one route in life more valuable than another, it is elitist….....That is not right or fair. A scientist or doctor is not very good unless they have people to back them up, construction workers to make the roads and building, the factory workers that make the tools and drugs, the janitors/house keepers to keep things clean and sanitary, the mechanic that fix their because they don’t have the time or skill. et.

As good a chef my dh is, I value the dish washer and the waitress because with out them he would be nothing.
Marsupialmom is offline  
Old 03-14-2006, 04:27 PM
 
AngelBee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: New Brighton, MN
Posts: 19,261
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsupialmom
But this is making one route in life more valuable than another, it is elitist….....That is not right or fair. A scientist or doctor is not very good unless they have people to back them up, construction workers to make the roads and building, the factory workers that make the tools and drugs, the janitors/house keepers to keep things clean and sanitary, the mechanic that fix their because they don’t have the time or skill. et.

As good a chef my dh is, I value the dish washer and the waitress because with out them he would be nothing.
So true.

We are all pieces in a big puzzle.

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

AngelBee is offline  
Old 03-14-2006, 04:29 PM
Banned
 
DebraBaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 4,995
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, my children are going to be the doctors and scientists who appriciate the laundresses and dishwashers.

db
DebraBaker is offline  
Old 03-14-2006, 04:32 PM
 
mamajama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,985
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBee
You have NEVER seen my students dance. You have NO CLUE what they look like.

Well, I do have a bit of a clue since there are about 100 pictures of them performing on your website.
mamajama is offline  
Old 03-14-2006, 04:33 PM
 
AngelBee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: New Brighton, MN
Posts: 19,261
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamajama
Well, I do have a bit of a clue since there are about 100 pictures of them performing on your website.
I meant in action....dancing.

Sorry, I should have been more clear with my words.

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

AngelBee is offline  
Old 03-14-2006, 04:33 PM
 
mamajama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,985
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsupialmom
But this is making one route in life more valuable than another, it is elitist….....That is not right or fair. A scientist or doctor is not very good unless they have people to back them up, construction workers to make the roads and building, the factory workers that make the tools and drugs, the janitors/house keepers to keep things clean and sanitary, the mechanic that fix their because they don’t have the time or skill. et.

As good a chef my dh is, I value the dish washer and the waitress because with out them he would be nothing.
ITA but I was answering the question a poster asked about why people who homeschool may still see imprtance in University.
mamajama is offline  
Old 03-14-2006, 04:33 PM
 
Alana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,832
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I must confess that this is a sore spot for me. I love academia, and constantly strive to teach myself new things, so that I have the knowledge to pass on to my dc. However, college will not be mandatory for my dc. I actually had a close friend...we were friends for 5 yrs, have dc the same age...that broke off our friendship due to this, because she didnt want her dc having friends that arent going to go to college.
Alana is offline  
Old 03-14-2006, 04:33 PM
 
flyingspaghettimama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 4,486
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBee
If you are dancing to songs about humping.....out of line. Dressing little girls in booty shorts and bra tops......not good. Grinding on male dancers in choreography.....sick! :Puke This would be classified as sinful dancing.

That does not take place at our dance academy.
Dude, you are so judgemental. You don't know those dancers' whole story. Maybe they have great reasons for the booty shorts, like they have short legs or something. Maybe they have reasons for grinding on male dancers, engaging in an abstract exploration of "boodydancin" as contemporary political theater. Bra tops are very common in some parts of the United States, such as Victoria's Secret catalogs. They are probably very good dancers, and judging them is not going to help them.

I actually agree with you, but then again, I am a shallow person who mocks mullets and the prairified clothing choices of others.
flyingspaghettimama is offline  
Old 03-14-2006, 04:34 PM
 
mamajama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,985
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBee
Sorry, I should have been more clear with my words.
You know what? That submissive act is getting tired.
mamajama is offline  
Old 03-14-2006, 04:35 PM
 
AngelBee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: New Brighton, MN
Posts: 19,261
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspaghettimama
Dude, you are so judgemental. You don't know those dancers' whole story. Maybe they have great reasons for the booty shorts, like they have short legs or something. Maybe they have reasons for grinding on male dancers, engaging in an abstract exploration of "boodydancin" as contemporary political theater. Bra tops are very common in some parts of the United States, such as Victoria's Secret catalogs. They are probably very good dancers, and judging them is not going to help them.

I actually agree with you, but then again, I am a shallow person who mocks mullets and the prairified clothing choices of others.
I am talking about specific activities that are offensive, not people.

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

AngelBee is offline  
Old 03-14-2006, 04:36 PM
 
AngelBee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: New Brighton, MN
Posts: 19,261
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamajama
You know what? That submissive act is getting tired.
Too bad you can't see the non submissive act I just did to my computer screen.

That is not called submission. That is being secure enough in myself to say that I was wrong.

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

AngelBee is offline  
Old 03-14-2006, 04:38 PM
 
mamajama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,985
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBee
Too bad you can't see the non submissive act I just did to my computer screen.

See now *that's* what I'm talkin' about.
mamajama is offline  
Old 03-14-2006, 04:39 PM
 
blessed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,006
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I worked as a server and bartender for years before I decided to go to college and ultimately medical school. Those were some of the best years of my life. I tease that being a server is still the most skilled work I've had to perform, and there is some truth to that.

I remember my brother returning from the Peace Corps and holding simultaneous acceptances to law school and to an entry level job in the Coast Guard. It was a genuinely difficult call for him to make. He chose law school and I think he's regretted it ever since, even though he's now a successful judge.

My SIL never completed any higher education. She works now as a puppeteer. She travels all over the world performing. Her professional life is a helluva lot more rewarding to her than that of her sister with the MBA and the high paying job.

Yeah, college is only one way to 'get an education' or 'succeed' in life. There are many others.
blessed is offline  
Old 03-14-2006, 04:40 PM
Banned
 
DebraBaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 4,995
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just thought of an adaptation "Jingerella"

Opening scene, Jingerella is in the laundry room with her step (well, real) family's entire two tons of wash, do the dish do the scrubbing, Jingerella, Jingerelle' (in Disney Mousey voices.)

Then her Fairy Godmother appears and he's a transvestite, gets her ready for the ball to meet her prince.

But, lo, and behold, she loads herself up in the pumpkin that was magically transformed into a turbo'ed out minicooper (good on gas but fast) and off she goes to the ball to meet her prince....no, she's going to *Princeton* to *have* a ball!!!

DB
DebraBaker is offline  
Old 03-14-2006, 04:57 PM
 
AngelBee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: New Brighton, MN
Posts: 19,261
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blessed
I worked as a server and bartender for years before I decided to go to college and ultimately medical school. Those were some of the best years of my life. I tease that being a server is still the most skilled work I've had to perform, and there is some truth to that.

I remember my brother returning from the Peace Corps and holding simultaneous acceptances to law school and to an entry level job in the Coast Guard. It was a genuinely difficult call for him to make. He chose law school and I think he's regretted it ever since, even though he's now a successful judge.

My SIL never completed any higher education. She works now as a puppeteer. She travels all over the world performing. Her professional life is a helluva lot more rewarding to her than that of her sister with the MBA and the high paying job.

Yeah, college is only one way to 'get an education' or 'succeed' in life. There are many others.
Thank you for sharing this

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

AngelBee is offline  
Old 03-14-2006, 05:10 PM
 
Marsupialmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: St. Louis MO
Posts: 9,039
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebraBaker
I just thought of an adaptation "Jingerella"

Opening scene, Jingerella is in the laundry room with her step (well, real) family's entire two tons of wash, do the dish do the scrubbing, Jingerella, Jingerelle' (in Disney Mousey voices.)

Then her Fairy Godmother appears and he's a transvestite, gets her ready for the ball to meet her prince.

But, lo, and behold, she loads herself up in the pumpkin that was magically transformed into a turbo'ed out minicooper (good on gas but fast) and off she goes to the ball to meet her prince....no, she's going to *Princeton* to *have* a ball!!!

DB

How are you going to handle if your children don't want to go to college? Or if they hate it......Or if their ball causes them to get drunk and kill themselves or someone else.



other than that.......your post was kind of funny
Marsupialmom is offline  
 
User Tag List

Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off