16 children - Page 19 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#541 of 1903 Old 03-14-2006, 06:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkpmomtoboys
Yes, but we're talking about the kids, not the parents. Did the kids choose it?

Did your kids choose to be born? What about cloth diapered? Do you let your kids make every decision for themselves? REally? What if they want to watch TV all day? What if they want to do cocaine? Is all that okay with you????
#542 of 1903 Old 03-14-2006, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by numom499
I've tried...either you get it or you don't. Maybe someone with a phd from an instiitution can expain the word irony....
But I thought college wasn't important?

I don't get it because there's nothing to get. There's either irony or there's not and I'm not seeing it at all. I assumed that this board was a place I could come to where people respected their WHOLE families. Where people did not defend people that hit babies. Where people valued the fact that women were becoming unoppressed. Obviously I was very wrong.

Mom to Dakota (6), Coy, (4), Max, (4), Lily (4), and Auri (June 19th 2010)!
Visit Lily's site at www.caringbridge.org/visit/lilymathis1
#543 of 1903 Old 03-14-2006, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathryn
I'm not talking about the parents. I could care less than a flying rat about what they do. I'm talking about the CHILDREN. THE CHILDREN. They did NOT choose to live like this. They were TRAINED to live like this from a very very very early age.
we. are. all. "training". our. kids. Even those who follow gentle discipline, etc...we all decide things for our kids every day. I betyour kids will grow up knowing that breastfeeding is best. Should you expose them to bottles of formula, so they can "make their own choice"????
#544 of 1903 Old 03-14-2006, 06:14 PM

Quote:
I've tried...either you get it or you don't. Maybe someone with a phd from an instiitution can expain the word irony....
What is an "instiitution?" Is that where I go to learn how to hit children so they will be good children? Quack.
#545 of 1903 Old 03-14-2006, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsupialmom
And do your children have any choices against your personal world views? All our children have this. My kids are taught things like homosexual marriage should be. All our children are indoctrinated by parents, just like we were. But as adults we made our own decisions to stay with or move against our parents teachings.
I'm teaching my daughter to love and accept everyone, not just a select few. I am trying my hardest to not make my daughter believe what I believe just because I believe it. I want her to choose for herself. That's the difference.

#546 of 1903 Old 03-14-2006, 06:15 PM

Quote:
we. are. all. "training". our. kids. Even those who follow gentle discipline, etc...we all decide things for our kids every day. I betyour kids will grow up knowing that breastfeeding is best. Should you expose them to bottles of formula, so they can "make their own choice"????

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

#547 of 1903 Old 03-14-2006, 06:15 PM

Quote:

Quote:
But I thought college wasn't important?

I don't get it because there's nothing to get. There's either irony or there's not and I'm not seeing it at all. I assumed that this board was a place I could come to where people respected their WHOLE families. Where people did not defend people that hit babies. Where people valued the fact that women were becoming unoppressed. Obviously I was very wrong.
I guess you don't understand sarcasm either?
#548 of 1903 Old 03-14-2006, 06:16 PM

Quote:
I'm not talking about the parents. I could care less than a flying rat about what they do. I'm talking about the CHILDREN. THE CHILDREN. They did NOT choose to live like this. They were TRAINED to live like this from a very very very early age.

Like your children were TRAINEd to live like you are raising them. Your children didn't choose to be raised the way you are raising them.
#549 of 1903 Old 03-14-2006, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Did your kids choose to be born? What about cloth diapered? Do you let your kids make every decision for themselves? REally? What if they want to watch TV all day? What if they want to do cocaine? Is all that okay with you????
You know, at some level, you have to allow your kids some decision-making ability or else they will flail at being adults. When do you think the Duggar kids get to make a decision about their lifestyle? 14? 15? 16? Ever?

Furthermore, I would educate them about the factors involved in making a "good choice". How much education about her choices is that oldest Duggar girl getting? I mean, in between all the laundry I can't imagine there's a whole lot of time for learnin'.

Jen, former attorney and now SAHM to 11 yo ds and 8 yo ds

#550 of 1903 Old 03-14-2006, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Let me state that I do not agree with the duggars (assumed) parenting practices. I do not believe it is biblical to spank.

However, why is it that conservatives (Christian or otherwise) are expected to accept everyone, yet Liberals do not accept conservatives?????

It is pretty ironic and irritating, that the whole liberal view, is that anything goes, pot smoking, homosexual relationships, sex before marriage, you name it, it;s okay Except for Christian conservative choices

Mamas are here on MDC all the time talking about how they are going against the mainstream, why is that not okay for the duggars????? There are people who consider nursing past a year child abuse and sexual. Why is it not okay for them to make judgements about your lifestyle, yet you can make judgements about theirs?
I am a christian and a liberal but I do have some conservative views as well. With most conservatives everything is so black and white...You're either with us or against us. I am from NY lived in OR and now live in KY I have seen them all and I have never felt so isolated from people as the "conservatives" around here make me feel. How Christian to leave notes on peoples cars calling them baby killers b/c I'm liberal. WTF? WHo are they to judge?

Disclaimer: I know that not all conservatives are like this. But comon?! Look at this country and tell me there is not some strange Christian Hypnosis going on in politics?:
#551 of 1903 Old 03-14-2006, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Like your children were TRAINEd to live like you are raising them. Your children didn't choose to be raised the way you are raising them.

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

#552 of 1903 Old 03-14-2006, 06:17 PM

Quote:
I'm not training my child at all. I am guiding her. I don't train her at all.
My daughter knows breastfeeding is NORMAL, not best. She is exposed to formula bottles on a daily basis because I run a daycare.

#553 of 1903 Old 03-14-2006, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkpmomtoboys
Furthermore, I would educate them about the factors involved in making a "good choice". How much education about her choices is that oldest Duggar girl getting? I mean, in between all the laundry I can't imagine there's a whole lot of time for learnin'.
We have no clue as none of us know them personally.

#554 of 1903 Old 03-14-2006, 06:18 PM

Quote:

I guess you don't understand sarcasm either?
Just cause I got it doesn't mean I found it amusing.

#555 of 1903 Old 03-14-2006, 06:18 PM

Quote:
I'm teaching my daughter to love and accept everyone, not just a select few. I am trying my hardest to not make my daughter believe what I believe just because I believe it. I want her to choose for herself. That's the difference.

So you want your dd to choose how you believe.......Sounds like what the Duggers want.

Also, are you teaching love and acceptance when you belittle and judge this family?
#556 of 1903 Old 03-14-2006, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwolf2
How Christian to leave notes on peoples cars calling them baby killers . :
That is not acting as Christ taught us.
#557 of 1903 Old 03-14-2006, 06:19 PM

Quote:
I'm not training my child at all. I am guiding her. I don't train her at all.
My daughter knows breastfeeding is NORMAL, not best. She is exposed to formula bottles on a daily basis because I run a daycare.
Training....guiding.....leading....assisting

All the same to me.

#558 of 1903 Old 03-14-2006, 06:19 PM

Quote:
My daughter has never been trained to do anything. I follow her leads on everything. So, yes, she is choosing to be raised the way she is.

#559 of 1903 Old 03-14-2006, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspaghettimama
Helping out is vastly different than the "buddy system" as described. Where you are responsible for feeding, dressing, changing, everything for the younger child. And are the boys learning these supposedly invaluable skills equally?

From what I have see from the Duggar Family is YES, the boys in the family are learning the same things and doing the same chores.

OK another question, what ever happened to doing things for THE GOOD OF THE FAMILY!
Has society really strayed so far that kids who do things around the house to help pitch in to make life a little easier for everybody are repressed and made slaves in thier own household.

You cant log into MDC without hearing a mama wishing she had someeone to help her in her responsibility as a mom, and here we have a family that does just so and yet they are "slaves"????????????
#560 of 1903 Old 03-14-2006, 06:20 PM
Banned

I may need to figure out how to use the ignore feature because numom499 is too nasty for my tastes.

db
#561 of 1903 Old 03-14-2006, 06:20 PM

Quote:
So you want your dd to choose how you believe.......Sounds like what the Duggers want.

Also, are you teaching love and acceptance when you belittle and judge this family?
:

#562 of 1903 Old 03-14-2006, 06:20 PM

What do you think, all MDC mamas sit at the mall, saying "Avert your eyes, little Jephehezieaheah, that mama has a bottle of FORMULA! And she has a sposie too! Heathen! Oh wait... that's my sister in law."

Who's betting these kids don't ever leave fortress too often to even see things that the family disagrees with?
#563 of 1903 Old 03-14-2006, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesiLynne
From what I have see from the Duggar Family is YES, the boys in the family are learning the same things and doing the same chores.

OK another question, what ever happened to doing things for THE GOOD OF THE FAMILY!
Has society really strayed so far that kids who do things around the house to help pitch in to make life a little easier for everybody are repressed and made slaves in thier own household.

You cant log into MDC without hearing a mama wishing she had someeone to help her in her responsibility as a mom, and here we have a family that does just so and yet they are "slaves"????????????

#564 of 1903 Old 03-14-2006, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspaghettimama
What do you think, all MDC mamas sit at the mall, saying "Avert your eyes, little Jephehezieaheah, that mama has a bottle of FORMULA! And she has a sposie too! Heathen! Oh wait... that's my sister in law."
OK this made me .

FSM, you are my hero.

Jen, former attorney and now SAHM to 11 yo ds and 8 yo ds

#565 of 1903 Old 03-14-2006, 06:21 PM

Quote:
My daughter has never been trained to do anything. I follow her leads on everything. So, yes, she is choosing to be raised the way she is.
She leads according to what she has become familiar with.

#566 of 1903 Old 03-14-2006, 06:22 PM

Quote:

Where did I say I wanted my daughter to choose what I believe? I want her to choose what SHE wants to choose.

I teach love and accpetance for everyone. However, I do not accept child abuse. I love and accept the poor children in that family, but I do not accept what the parents are doing because it's wrong.

#567 of 1903 Old 03-14-2006, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesiLynne

Helping pitch in is vastly, vastly different than a daily "chore chart." Not a lot of freedom and choice to help, but a mandated rule, presumably set by daddy. But remember kids, there are always daddy days!
#568 of 1903 Old 03-14-2006, 06:23 PM

Quote:
TRA'INING, ppr. Drawing; alluring; educating; teaching and forming by practice
Websters 1828 Dictionary

So you are training her!
#569 of 1903 Old 03-14-2006, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Really? If she chose formula at 3 months,,,you would allow it? what if she chose disposable diapers? What if she chose to watch pornaography at 3 years old?

edited to take out sarcastic questions...the ones theat are left, I am not being sarcastic, I really want to know if thats okay.
#570 of 1903 Old 03-14-2006, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebraBaker
I may need to figure out how to use the ignore feature because numom499 is too nasty for my tastes.

db

@@ And you have been so kind about a familiy you've seen two hours of....

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page