16 children - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 1903 Old 03-13-2006, 05:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Is Jinger the one who is in charge of the laundry? If so she has the hardest job of anyone. I mean 10 loads a day. When does she have time to do anything else? I guess now in their new house it wouldn't take as long because she can have 4 washers and 4 dryers going at once, but still that is a lot of work for one child to be in charge of. It did look like the siblings were helping her some, but that could have been for the cameras. What if when the cameras aren't there she is the only one doing the laundry day in and day out?
#182 of 1903 Old 03-13-2006, 06:00 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBee
People aren't just saying that there actions are wrong.

They are calling them weird, making jokes about how they look/dress, calling them bad parents.....that is wrong.
Some people might have been.
Generalizations are almost always wrong.

As for the bad parents thing, if they're hitting babies, they're bad parents.

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#183 of 1903 Old 03-13-2006, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathryn
If you've written to the Peals concerning the fact that they beat children, why are you defending people that follow people like the Pearls and Ezzo? You are defending the Pearls and Ezzo's by doing that. Why are you defending infant abuse?
Whoa.....I am not.

But be proactive.

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

#184 of 1903 Old 03-13-2006, 06:01 PM

Quote:

They are calling them weird, making jokes about how they look/dress, calling them bad parents.....that is wrong.
I'd say they are bad parents. If they are following this Ezzo/Pearl baby-whipping business, how the heck are they GOOD parents?

Though I say anybody who gets on TV has just opened themselves up to the fashion police! Reason #548 not to hawk yourself out to television, no? :

MDC would eat my fashion choices for breakfast.
#185 of 1903 Old 03-13-2006, 06:01 PM

If the main argument here was consistantly "they hit their children and that's what's wrong" then fine....I absolutely agree that's wrong. I dont condone spanking....HOWEVER.....that is not the prime argument here. Many are just making fun of their appearance or assuming things about the family that may or may not be true. I dont agree with submissiveness in families but that's my opinion.....who's to say that doesnt work for some families. None of us are perfect parents....none of us have perfect families. It's so easy to pick each other apart.

Here's me I married then we had dd15 , dd11 , ds10 , and then and now we and I blog!
#186 of 1903 Old 03-13-2006, 06:02 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:

That goes on all the time here. Dress your kids in skimpy clothes? You are creating "prostitots" who are just bait for pedophiles. Laugh when your 3 year old says the F word? There's something wrong with parents who would do that.

Sheesh, commenting on the Duggard's lifestyle is not any different then lots of conversations at this website.

However, I am sorry if you personally are feeling attacked because you admire and are similar to this family.
#187 of 1903 Old 03-13-2006, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykdsmomy
It's so easy to pick each other apart.
Especially when people go on TV and start up a website with their backwards beliefs out there for everyone to see. That's the problem with making your family a public spectacle--the public tends to discuss.

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#188 of 1903 Old 03-13-2006, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightyferrettoes
Now how are they sinning? If you consider the husband/father the final authority on what is and is not acceptable behavior and attitudes from the subordinated women in the family, then WHY should he not have the latitude to make judgments about who should be "treated like a queen" and who requires chastisement?
They are to love their wives as Christ loves the Church.

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

#189 of 1903 Old 03-13-2006, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annettemarie
Then I don't think you understand what moot means, because it's a legitimate question.
Ok.....well I would not imitate anyones example except for my Lord Jesus Christ.

#190 of 1903 Old 03-13-2006, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Ok.....well I would not imitate anyones example except for my Lord Jesus Christ.
What about the saints? What about the great stories of the Bible? What's the point of all of those, if not to give up examples to emulate?

#191 of 1903 Old 03-13-2006, 06:05 PM

Quote:
No, what you said was that we weren't to judge the baby hitters. But you're judging 80f's father. Or do you only judge when it suits you?
I will not assasinate (sp?) their character.

Are they sinning...yes.

Will I make fun of how they look, call them bad people.....no.

I will be proactive and do something about it. I will contact them. I will pray for them.

#192 of 1903 Old 03-13-2006, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viola
That goes on all the time here. Dress your kids in skimpy clothes? You are creating "prostitots" who are just bait for pedophiles. Laugh when your 3 year old says the F word? There's something wrong with parents who would do that.

Sheesh, commenting on the Duggard's lifestyle is not any different then lots of conversations at this website.

However, I am sorry if you personally are feeling attacked because you admire and are similar to this family.
Yeah. How many threads do I shake my head at week after week that are going on and on about how skimpy parents "allow" their children to dress? It's a double standard.

Mom to Dakota (6), Coy, (4), Max, (4), Lily (4), and Auri (June 19th 2010)!
Visit Lily's site at www.caringbridge.org/visit/lilymathis1
#193 of 1903 Old 03-13-2006, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykdsmomy
If the main argument here was consistantly "they hit their children and that's what's wrong" then fine....I absolutely agree that's wrong. I dont condone spanking....HOWEVER.....that is not the prime argument here. Many are just making fun of their appearance or assuming things about the family that may or may not be true. I dont agree with submissiveness in families but that's my opinion.....who's to say that doesnt work for some families. None of us are perfect parents....none of us have perfect families. It's so easy to pick each other apart.
Great post.

#194 of 1903 Old 03-13-2006, 06:08 PM

Quote:

I try to not participate in those conversations as well.

#195 of 1903 Old 03-13-2006, 06:08 PM

Quote:
I will not assasinate (sp?) their character.

Are they sinning...yes.

Will I make fun of how they look, call them bad people.....no.

I will be proactive and do something about it. I will contact them. I will pray for them.
Only a few people here have made fun of them. How do you know others aren't contacting them and praying for them?

#196 of 1903 Old 03-13-2006, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Are you sure you're Catholic? What about the saints? What about the great stories of the Bible? What's the point of all of those, if not to give up examples to emulate?
I said before imitate 100%.

Yes, I am sure I am Catholic. Thank you for asking for about the 20th time.

#197 of 1903 Old 03-13-2006, 06:10 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
I try to not participate in those conversations as well.
#198 of 1903 Old 03-13-2006, 06:10 PM

Quote:
It would be the same with women.

Both sexes make bad choices.
Yeah, and I think that's why accountability needs to go both ways-- and, in a religious situation, the church needs, needs, needs to NOT blindly turn an eye to the abuse of husbandly authority, which I'd argue is unbelievably rampant in many communities.

Ultimately, the husband becomes a priest in his own home. I'm especially concerned about homechurchers, because he really is the only human authority that family knows. Who is he accountable to? His personal interpretation of the Bible and God? And what if it's self-serving?

The family suffers terribly under this model, and I'm having a tough time believing that any decent God likes seeing that.
#199 of 1903 Old 03-13-2006, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Only a few people here have made fun of them. How do you know others aren't contacting them and praying for them? Maybe some of us are doing our good deeds in secret, like Christ suggested. Just sounds like you're judging the judgemental to me.
Likewise.

#200 of 1903 Old 03-13-2006, 06:11 PM

Quote:
I said before imitate 100%.

Yes, I am sure I am Catholic. Thank you for asking for about the 20th time.
Thanks for clarifying!

#201 of 1903 Old 03-13-2006, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Thank you for the hug

#202 of 1903 Old 03-13-2006, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Likewise.
As I said before, I don't believe calling sin sin is judging, nor is making an observation.

#203 of 1903 Old 03-13-2006, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Yeah, and I think that's why accountability needs to go both ways-- and, in a religious situation, the church needs, needs, needs to NOT blindly turn an eye to the abuse of husbandly authority, which I'd argue is unbelievably rampant in many communities.
I absolutely agree.
Quote:
Ultimately, the husband becomes a priest in his own home. I'm especially concerned about homechurchers, because he really is the only human authority that family knows. Who is he accountable to? His personal interpretation of the Bible and God? And what if it's self-serving?
He is accountable to God.
Quote:
The family suffers terribly under this model, and I'm having a tough time believing that any decent God likes seeing that.
Not every family suffers with headship in the home.

#204 of 1903 Old 03-13-2006, 06:14 PM

Quote:
As I said before, I don't believe calling sin sin is judging, nor is making an observation.
Questioning my faith?

#205 of 1903 Old 03-13-2006, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Questioning my faith?
I honestly didn't know if you were still Catholic Sorry if it made you uncomfortable.

#206 of 1903 Old 03-13-2006, 06:17 PM

Quote:
It just confuses me because you often make comments that are more in line with fundamentalism or non-denominational theology than what the Catholic church teaches. Thanks for clarifying!

ETA: And no one said 100% emulate but you, so it's a non-point in the discussion.
I do believe the Catholic church has become politically correct and is not inline with it's original doctrine.

I do not feel comfortable discussing that further though at this point.

That would explain some of the differences.

Please forgive me for being snarky to you Annettemarie.

#207 of 1903 Old 03-13-2006, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Not every family suffers with headship in the home.
That is not the most profoundly ringing endorsement of husbandly authority I've ever heard, but it might be an accurate one, for once.

"Not every family suffers with chicken pox in the home."

"No, but the ones with any danged sense do!"

sorry, that's probably not funny to you. The other fundie escapees out there might enjoy my joke, though.
#208 of 1903 Old 03-13-2006, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Wouldn't you rather I asked for clarification than just make an assumption? I honestly didn't know if you were still Catholic or if you had become a fundamentalist and just forgotten to change your signature.
I changed it to add the new baby

It's just that you have asked numerous times. That's all.

#209 of 1903 Old 03-13-2006, 06:18 PM

Quote:
I do believe the Catholic church has become politically correct and is not inline with it's original doctrine.

I do not feel comfortable discussing that further though at this point.

That would explain some of the differences.

Please forgive me for being snarky to you Annettemarie.
That would definitely be a whole other thread.

#210 of 1903 Old 03-13-2006, 06:18 PM

Quote:
That is not the most profoundly ringing endorsement of husbandly authority I've ever heard, but it might be an accurate one, for once.

"Not every family suffers with chicken pox in the home."

"No, but the ones with any danged sense do!"

sorry, that's probably not funny to you. The other fundie escapees out there might enjoy my joke, though.
Nope. Don't get the humor.

Was just saying that not all homes with headship are like your example.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page