Big Love (minus the LDS debate) - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-10-2006, 12:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonJelly
The Gulf War was too long ago for her have two young children by a veteran of that war.
Last I knew, the Gulf War was STILL going on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2006, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamadege5
Do you think the nosey neighbor noticed those Hummers shining their headlights on the houses???
That's what I was wondering too! They don't want to draw attention to themselve...how can that NOT!

I thought Nikki had said that she WAS pregnant?
Old 04-10-2006, 01:27 PM
Banned

Quote:

I thought Nikki had said that she WAS pregnant?
She did say she was! Bst is she really?!?
Old 04-10-2006, 01:47 PM

See I think Nikki is just pretending to be pregnant.... kinda a way to get Bill to pay more attention to her than to Barb since she (Nikki) knows what's going on between them (sneaking around and so on). Then maybe she'll either fake a mc or maybe she's hoping she'll really get pregnant soon and the dates will be "off" or something... if that makes any sense

Maaaammaa!! to A 2/99 M 7/00 J 10/04 B 4/07 S 3/09
Old 04-10-2006, 02:12 PM

I thought she was saying she was already pregnant too. They were totally setting it up for us to think Margene was pregnant, maybe they'll be pregnant together. Have fun explaining THAT to the neighbors lol!

The part where Teeny turns on the porch light...sooooo creepy!

I also loved the scene where Nikki was spraying off the stuffed toy in the kiddy pool. For some reason that cracked up, I think because it seemed so real life ya know?

So I'm curious if they use birth control? The way Nikki announced it was like they had been holding off. So I get the impression that they do use bc but that it was also her own unilateral decision to get pregnant? Interesting.
Old 04-10-2006, 02:16 PM

I had it tiVo'd, and I back it up and listened three times, but I still couldn't be sure whether she said, "I *wanna* bring another soul into this family," or, "I'm *gonna* bring another soul into this family!!"

All of the Congratulations stuff made it sound like she IS pregnant,
but her saying "It's time" made it sound as though she was announcing her *intention* to conceive, yk?

I thought that maybe announcing one's intentions that way was how it was done in their family?

Either way, I agree that there's likely no pregnancy yet, just lobbying for attention.

Nicki is quite a piece of work!

alsoSarah

I just happen to like apples, and I am not afraid of snakes. ~Ani d.
These dolls and toys confuse me so; Confound it all, I love it, though!~J. Skellington
Old 04-10-2006, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsoSarah
All of the Congratulations stuff made it sound like she IS pregnant,
but her saying "It's time" made it sound as though she was announcing her *intention* to conceive, yk?

Nicki is quite a piece of work!
I agree with this. I heard Nicki say "I wanna bring another soul into the house. I think it's time."

She knows what is going on with Barb and Bill. Trying to conceive is a way to get him more to her. She is so manipulative, I do not like her, but it definitely makes the show interesting.

Emily SAHM to four unschoolers Olivia (9), Brian (7), Jack (6), and Liam (5)
Old 04-10-2006, 02:59 PM

According the the HBO site she is ready to get pregnant
Quote:
Later that night, Nicki gathers the family around her living room to deliver some news: she's ready to bring another soul into the family. "We've been holding off, for this reason or that. It is time now. We've let worldly concerns come before what we're here for. What our purpose is." The family exchanges glances as Bill embraces Nicki. "I'm so happy, as your husband, father to be, and member of our holy family," he tells her. Looking confused and suspicious, Margene offers her congratulations. Barb recovers quickly from her shock. "I love you Nicki," she says, smiling warmly. "I love you too, Barb. I love you very much."

KT : - Smitten mama to J & M : Looking for a local group in SEPA? - See my homepage!
Old 04-10-2006, 03:31 PM

What I was wondering last night is......from the front of their houses, it looks like 3 separate house right in a row. But they have a shared back yard. What's behind their yard? Is it more houses? If it is, how do they keep their back yard goings-on private? There is a ton of walking back and forth between the houses, etc. back there.........hmmmm.
Old 04-10-2006, 03:56 PM

That what I was wondering too.

Jam 7, Peanut Butter 5, and Bread 2.

Old 04-10-2006, 11:52 PM
rn

Quote:
What's behind their yard? Is it more houses? If it is, how do they keep their back yard goings-on private?
from what I could tell, it looks like woods, and then desert mountains.... no houses behind them.

Nikki is a sneaky pete saying she is ready to have another baby.... she is so jealous.

I wonder if they will get caught living such a private life out in the open like that. I like that the book keeper saw Don w/ all of his wives and knows what is up... such good drama!
Old 04-11-2006, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkenny
Wasn't this the first episode without Bill Paxton's bare butt? No wonder we're losing people!
it was back!!

I think margene's a little short upstairs too, but also like others have said she's so young and so isolated. It's got to be really difficult. I wish Bill would stick up for her to Nikki. I got the feeling Nikki was saying that she was pregnant too -- and I figured she was lying. she is just icky! but it was cool how she stood up to her brother.

ahhh benny! the hard-on in woodshop! I'm interested in how his seminary experience plays out. I hope he questions it like his girlfriend said.

I'm really digging this show. arduinna, are you feeling it at all after this week's episode?

namaste.gif

Old 04-11-2006, 04:21 AM

yeah nikki wants to try to get pregnant. I saw a preview where Barb was offering to make the schedule around when Nikki thought she was ovulating
Old 04-11-2006, 05:01 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaroni
I'm really digging this show. arduinna, are you feeling it at all after this week's episode?
I liked this weeks. I liked the passion between Barb and Bill. When I saw it I took Nikkis statement to be that she was ready to get pg, not that she was.
Old 04-11-2006, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arduinna
I liked the passion between Barb and Bill.
So did I!
Bill's butt...DH commented "There it is again!"
I rewatched it yesterday (DH had fallen asleep through it the night before) and Nikki did say "it was time" to bring another soul into the family. So she's NOT pregnant but is planning on it.
Old 04-11-2006, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonJelly
I was having trouble getting into this show, but I think I am now much more into it after tonight's episode for some reason.

But, wow, just when I thought Margene couldn't get any dumber, she out-does herself.
Has anyone checked out her "blog"?

KT : - Smitten mama to J & M : Looking for a local group in SEPA? - See my homepage!
Old 04-11-2006, 01:20 PM

I too think she was announcing her intention to get pg. If the houses are all in a row, like one after another on the street...how DO their backyards meet up? Like you can see from one house into another, kwim? If they are next to each other...that wouldn't work.

On the street like this __ __ __ , the back yards would be up where "wouldn't work" is.
On the show it seems like ( __ ) with the backyard in the middle.

wow, why am I analyzing this??? time to go outside.
Old 04-11-2006, 01:23 PM

I was thinking about that too, but maybe the houses are straight o the front and curved in at the back to afford them more privacy?

Jam 7, Peanut Butter 5, and Bread 2.

Old 04-11-2006, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoodess
Has anyone checked out her "blog"?
That's hysterical.

I think Nikki might want to get preggers just to show her family that she was not "given" to Bill in exchange for the loan. What her brother said really got to her. But yeah, she's jealous of Barb. And I hate how she treats Margene.
Old 04-11-2006, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danelle78
I think Nikki might want to get preggers just to show her family that she was not "given" to Bill in exchange for the loan. What her brother said really got to her.
I thought that too..the way she hesitated when he said it was like she had a V-8 moment.
Old 04-11-2006, 07:41 PM
rn

I
Quote:
was thinking about that too, but maybe the houses are straight o the front and curved in at the back to afford them more privacy?
I too have been thinking about this from the beginning...

this is what I think... the back yards are all surrounded by cement blocks. They knocked down the ones in between the houses, as they still left some on the ground that they have shown.... which also means that inbetween the houses the yards are walled in (w/ a gate for access to the back)

so its barbs house, then margenes, then nikkies

Barbs seems to have an addition on the back or some sort of a covered porch area (blocking off the neighbor on the other side of the wall) The pool seems like it was built behind Nikkis and margenes house. (which makes me wonder who dug the hole and built the pool)

also, the houses do seem to have an L shape to them in the back.... really a sideways L

I still have not figured out how the nieghbor on the side of Nikki doesnt see in.
I wish HBO would give us a map of the whole thing, I am sure they must have thought of these things. (Unless they have not and are treating like margene in the security guys tiny car w/ the 4 kids) ????
Old 04-17-2006, 03:13 AM
rn

this stuff is bugging me...
pool fence, no pool fence... clearly the fence was not in the picture this week. last week it was.
and what was up w/ Nikkies car? didnt she have a van last week? this week she was driving some sort of subaru looking station wagon?

now on to the things I liked...
~Nikki taking her birth control pill! she is such a snake,
~her credit card getting taken away and Wendy (I think that was her name) getting suspicious.
Old 04-17-2006, 11:33 AM

Okay, I have a problem with Nikki's character...the show doesn't give us any reason to like her. I can't imagine why Bill wanted to marry her. I don't understand...the writers need to make Nikki more likeable to make the situation a bit more believable. It's not interesting when a character is so one-dimensional.

Apart from that, the show is growing on me.
Old 04-17-2006, 02:17 PM

Something was said about 'the only reason' bill married her was to borrow money from her father..... Her brother said it when he was there at their home looking for bill lastweek. I think Barb had cancer and bill needed $ to pay for her treatment so they went to nikkis dad and worked this deal out.

Mom to 3 Married to geek.gif for 10 wonderful years luxlove.gif
13 af.gif 9 goodvibes.gifand 6coolshine.gif

Old 04-17-2006, 02:23 PM

I thought that last week she said she was preg, then she takes her BC pill, but says she wants to get preg,what is up with her.
Old 04-17-2006, 06:02 PM

Last week she said she WANTS to get pregnant; but what she really wants, obviously, is more time with Bill; because she found out about Bill and Barb's "affair".

So, she's taking birth control so she WON'T get pregnant and can continue to have bill whenever she wants him indefinitely. That's why she got so hyper when Barb suggested scheduling around her ovulation dates.

I learned, from reading on the HBO site, that Barb did have cancer, and that Nikki came to help with the kids while she was recuperating. The loan from Roman was apparently to pay Barb's medical bills, but marrying Nikki was not part of the loan terms or anything. Bill and Barb decided to invite her into their family independent of getting a loan from her father.

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." 
Old 04-17-2006, 06:22 PM

just wondering if this is the main thread for BL? or if there is another. i just say my first episode last night and am trying to catch up with whats happening.
Old 04-17-2006, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aisraeltax
just wondering if this is the main thread for BL? or if there is another. i just say my first episode last night and am trying to catch up with whats happening.
There was another one when the show first started that got heavy into the religious-ness of the show...lots of debating.

This one is free of that

Old 04-17-2006, 06:26 PM

good..im not interested in the religous aspect..just the show.. thought it was interesting last night about how Nikki can't do anything without Barb..but really liked Barb's character. she really does seem to care aout Nikki.
does anyone thing that the 3d wife and bill's teenager are going to have an affair? don't know, but i got the feeling there was something there.
Old 04-17-2006, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aisraeltax
does anyone thing that the 3d wife and bill's teenager are going to have an affair? don't know, but i got the feeling there was something there.
I think so. I have watched the Making of Big Love and they mention some things....nothing blatant, but if you put one and two together...

They have been touchy-feely with eachother this whole season, too.

User Tag List