New Desperate Housewives Thread 4/30 episode - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 65 Old 04-29-2006, 09:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
New thread, old one was soooo long. Start talking about the 4/30 episode here...

R~mama to 3

#2 of 65 Old 04-30-2006, 04:40 PM

is tonight's episode a new one?
#3 of 65 Old 04-30-2006, 06:42 PM

Yes, I believe it is supposed to be new.

Ann-Marita. I deleted my usual signature due to, oh, wait, if I say why, that might give too much away. 

#4 of 65 Old 04-30-2006, 10:58 PM

that poor gabby.... Made me cry for her....

what a good episode
#5 of 65 Old 04-30-2006, 11:02 PM

Yes, a new show tonight!

Who are you to tell me I haven’t been happy, you miserable son of a bitch? Edie, you rock. I love how she’s really not into the reading thing, she’d just rather get hammered. OK, how funny was the chick fight at the restaurant? Please, please, please let her find out it was Susan. Please? That’s going to be an awesome moment.

She’s a lust trigger. I can’t believe Bree was so selfish that she got Peter’s sponsor arrested so they could be together. Yeah, that relationship’s gonna work out.

She’s a slutty, slutty whore. Absolutely. Yes, Susan. Yes, you are.

The house just sold. Start packing. Oh happy day. The Applewhites are moving. That storyline has been a compete waste of time. But tonight we learn that Matthew and Danielle are more crafty than we thought. Who knew? I think Matthew got more than he bargained for out of his little scheme.

Well, I’m going to be exhausted, so I’m probably just going to lay there. That was funny. A lot of what went on at Lynette’s office was funny this week. Poor Tom, he has no idea that Lynette's going to get him fired, again.

My point is, do the right thing and no one gets hurt. Gabby always gets her way. But, tonight? What a heartbreaker.
#6 of 65 Old 04-30-2006, 11:37 PM

Poor Gabby! Do you guys think Eva Longoria did a good job in that scene? I think it's impossible to portray even for the best actress the sorrow one might feel at this type of situation.
#7 of 65 Old 04-30-2006, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janelovesmax
Poor Gabby! Do you guys think Eva Longoria did a good job in that scene? I think it's impossible to portray even for the best actress the sorrow one might feel at this type of situation.
ac

Yeah, I think she acted that scene very well. I had tears in my eyes...
#8 of 65 Old 05-01-2006, 01:05 AM

I know poor gabby... and that babay had robeez on...
#9 of 65 Old 05-01-2006, 07:55 AM

Definitely very sad, and I do think it was well-acted. A mama's nightmare.

The rest, eh. The Lynette stuff is so out of control, just not that funny. The hardass sponsor annoyed the crap out of me, but mainly bc I hate the portrayal of 12step as so messed up since it does help so many people.

Susan. zzzzzzzzzz
#10 of 65 Old 05-01-2006, 07:57 AM

All the housewives were nominated for awards last season, except Eva Longoria. The show's creator said he thought she was a very talented actress but she missed out on award nominations because she didn't have any challenging story lines to play in the first season, and therefore had no opportunity to display her range.

He then promised that he would write some "killer scenes" for Eva in Season 2 in order to ensure she'd get the credit she deserves.
#11 of 65 Old 05-01-2006, 12:25 PM

Oh boy having just adopted I almost couldn't take the last scene with Gabby and the cops. Dh just had to hug me and reassure me that ours was over and done with and nothing like that could happen. Eva did an awesome job, especially when she said how she doesn this and that and how thats so not her but she does it anyway. SO heartbreaking...
#12 of 65 Old 05-01-2006, 03:21 PM

Yep, Eva acted that GREAT. I had tears in my eyes also.

Susan won't be able to walk away with a fight with Edie so easily once Edie finds out it was her.
#13 of 65 Old 05-01-2006, 03:57 PM

I can't wait til Edie finds out about Susan. She shouldn't have slept with him again...she knows the kind of man he is. And he had said that he just broke up with Edie.

I had tears in my eyes with Gabby too. It was heartbreaking to see her keep looking at Carlos and asking him to do something.

Bree...what's up with her???

Lynette...they shouldn't have been working together anyway but I feel bad for Tom. He's gonna have a hard time.

Looks like next week Andrew will have something up his sleeve to attack Bree again. This show is totally my guilty pleasure!!
#14 of 65 Old 05-01-2006, 04:02 PM

I was *bawling* last night! I have a good friend who had to release a baby they were in the process of adopting last year, and all I could think about was her family...
#15 of 65 Old 05-01-2006, 04:16 PM
Banned

I have seen that Gabby sort of thing happen to a couple of real-life friends, but I can't bring myself to feel sorry for Gabby.

I think this will be a bitter hard but good life lesson for her.

I feel bad for that poor baby to have started forming an attachment only to be ripped away.

And then to have a ditzy stripper for a mother.

All the major players on Housewives are shallow and mean spirited. I can't be too sorry for any one of them.
#16 of 65 Old 05-01-2006, 09:56 PM

Last night's episode was great!! I wish Gabby could have squeezed out a couple tears.... I did!

Kim, proud CPS mom to Marnie and my 4 legged kids, Jess, Zander, Oliver, Stumpy and Eddie.
#17 of 65 Old 05-01-2006, 10:34 PM

my former LLL co-leader had a baby in arms, adoptive nursing, and lost it
#18 of 65 Old 05-01-2006, 10:34 PM

double post sorry
#19 of 65 Old 05-02-2006, 10:16 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigYellowAndUgly
I feel bad for that poor baby to have started forming an attachment only to be ripped away.
and then driven away by police officers who didn't even care that they didn't have a car seat. I know, I know, the emotional component was almost too much for me, so I focused on the logical one. I did cry, whether it was Gaby's performance, or the thought of losing a baby, I don't know, I don't care.

R~mama to 3

#20 of 65 Old 05-02-2006, 10:17 AM

I did cry. I felt so bad for the baby and for Gaby and yes, even for the biological mother.

Jam 7, Peanut Butter 5, and Bread 2.

#21 of 65 Old 05-02-2006, 01:28 PM

I had tears in my eyes, and I rarely get teary over tv.

I loved edie's line, too- 'Who are you to tell me I haven’t been happy, you miserable son of a bitch?'
#22 of 65 Old 05-07-2006, 11:42 PM

OMG OMG OMG!!!!!

Bree! Danielle! Applewhites! EDIE!!!
#23 of 65 Old 05-08-2006, 09:39 AM
Banned

Edie, now Susan *did* burn down Edie's house, yes.

Last year I liked Susan, but she just annoys me, how could one person be hit with the stupid stick that badly. She is the most assinine character on tv at the present time. Screwing that nasty ex of hers. When Edie cools down, she will realize that she dodged the bullet.

Bree, I was glad she kicked her nasty son's tushie to the curb. I honestly didn't see that coming.

Lynette, sigh.

Gabrielle, she certainly got over the loss of the baby, didn't she? Baby = accessory, blech!!

Applewhite (?) that was sick.

Mike? Poor man, he should be running in the opposite direction.

The trainwreck on Wysteria Lane certainly makes our lives more palatable.
#24 of 65 Old 05-08-2006, 10:57 AM

Bree finally kicked that lil brat to the curb! yay! You go goril - boy needs military school or something... he's a devious little curseword. : The daughter too - omg what a brat!

I'm really glad Caleb ratted out his prother before he ate too much ice cream - I wonder what happens now. I finally give a rats behind about the Applewhites - about time they got into an interesting mess.

Susan got what she deserved - IMHO. Lets hope that she doesn't get Mike too - he deserves better. Well - at least not tuntil Susan grows a brain again...

So - is Tom cheating? Or does he go to visit a Gramma or an uncle or something?
#25 of 65 Old 05-08-2006, 11:07 AM

Finally! An episode last night that was at least interesting (I've been losing it all season).

Bree's kids are brats, but what's that say about her as a mother?

Susan...ugh.

Applewhite's...YES! Something interesting happening there. So, do you think Matthew had anything to do with the girl in Chicago too? Hmmmm?

And Tom either has someone on the side or a seperate family. Remember him talking to his dad about keeping secrets last season?
#26 of 65 Old 05-08-2006, 11:08 AM

I loved the dinner table scene. Andrew- "Is it growing?" "Boy, would I LOVE to get my hands on that" He's so evil... Too funny I was not prepared for Bree's BF to sleep with Andrew though I thought he and Danielle would mess around or Bree would catch them in an ackward position but holy smokes to be in your moms bed with her BF?!

I feel bad for Lynette but am so glad they are bringing this storyline back up, it was hinted that her DH cheated when his dad visited him but then dropped.

Overall a pretty good episode, but am wondering what the big shocker will be at the end of the season.
#27 of 65 Old 05-08-2006, 11:58 AM

I was crying for Bree and Andrew.

Crying because no matter how twisted your child he is still your child and you love him.

Crying because Andrew is so twisted up with his own hatred to know that his mother did not stop loving him.

Since having children I am just a big old mush ball.

Kathy-Mom to Blake & Mikaela
#28 of 65 Old 05-08-2006, 12:08 PM
Banned

Regarding the question of what kind of mother could Bree be to raise such monster children?

First, she wasn't the only parent.

She is the type of woman who was socialized to live a life of service to her family. On top of that, she's obcessive/compulisve which must have been a real trip to live with as a young child.

She was in a loveless marriage with the aformentioned cheating Rex.

She lived her life as a servant to her husband and children. A pretty bird in a gilded cage.

The children were given no reason to treat her with respect because of the behavior modeled to them by their father.

Not only would I kick The evil son's ass to the curb, I'd get rid of the nasty conniving girl asap, I'd sell the house and move away from Wysteria Lane.
#29 of 65 Old 05-08-2006, 12:18 PM

Have the writers forgotten that Andrew ran over Mrs. Solis. He didn't kill her so he wouldn't be charged with murder, but why didn't Bree mention that at all when Andrew was blackmailing her.

I think her kids are brats because she had such strict rules when they were growing up and they're now in positions where she can't control them the same way so they act out.

Quote:
Gabrielle, she certainly got over the loss of the baby, didn't she? Baby = accessory, blech!!
I really don't think she has gotten over it but is trying to act her old selfish way so people don't see how bad she is hurting.

Quote:
So, do you think Matthew had anything to do with the girl in Chicago too?
oh, absolutely. I think he set Caleb up back then like he did with Danielle and that Matthew is the real reason that girl in Chicago died. He definitly has an evil streak in him.

Quote:
And Tom either has someone on the side or a seperate family. Remember him talking to his dad about keeping secrets last season?
Perhaps it is Ed's(the boss's) wife which is why Ed's bedroom has been cool and why she wanted Tom fired after Ed told her it was Tom who wrote that stuff.
#30 of 65 Old 05-08-2006, 03:27 PM

I missed the episode last nite. Can someone tell me what happened with Susan and Edie and Lynette and Tom?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page