Series finale of 7th Heaven - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 61 Old 05-09-2006, 01:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Any fans of the show catch it? What did ya think? Dd and I were all weepy at the end. I can't believe after 10 years its finally done. Wow.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats a man who can do him absolutely no good."
peace.gif  Embrace the learning that is happening within the things that are actually happening!    
#2 of 61 Old 05-09-2006, 01:30 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Blast woman! I am waiting to hear what happened!

Mom to Dakota (6), Coy, (4), Max, (4), Lily (4), and Auri (June 19th 2010)!
Visit Lily's site at www.caringbridge.org/visit/lilymathis1
#3 of 61 Old 05-09-2006, 01:42 AM

I watched. I've been watching the end of this season, haven't watched in a few years though other than this so it took me a bit to catch up. It was wild. I KNEW Lucy was having twins, and knew Sara was pregnant, Sara pregnant with twins and MARY pregnant with twins too was a bit over the top, but to be expected. So, is Simon the dad of whats-her-faces' baby? Sounded like it....

-Angela
#4 of 61 Old 05-09-2006, 01:51 AM

Honestly, I thought it was the most crappy ending I have EVER seen to a show, expecially for one that had been on so long. And the twin thing... um... sure...

Series finales are supposed to give a feeling of closure... this almost felt like a season finale. Oy

Dawn, mama to D (3.06) & N (9.07) C (11.09) & Still-in-shock surprise due in Aug!
#5 of 61 Old 05-09-2006, 02:26 AM

Did Simon get married? I totally forgot it was today, doh!
#6 of 61 Old 05-09-2006, 02:27 AM

Nope. Simon didn't get married. I agree, it felt like a season finale instead. Lots of open questions.

-Angela
#7 of 61 Old 05-09-2006, 03:07 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I saw the Simon and Rose wedding getting called off pretty early on really. (Hoping I am not ruining this for anyone who tivoed it or whatever lol) The twin thing was a little much. Honestly does that ever really happen? I was happy to see Mary doing so well though. I think they were leaving it open with Simon and Sandy. Dd always hoped they'd hook up anyway lol.

I am going to miss the show, or the characters rather. It was kinda cheesy at times, but as Ive said before, IMO there are few shows with that much kindness and family closeness. Dd is bummed that we don't get to watch Ruthie finish growing up.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats a man who can do him absolutely no good."
peace.gif  Embrace the learning that is happening within the things that are actually happening!    
#8 of 61 Old 05-09-2006, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alegna
I watched. I've been watching the end of this season, haven't watched in a few years though other than this so it took me a bit to catch up. It was wild. I KNEW Lucy was having twins, and knew Sara was pregnant, Sara pregnant with twins and MARY pregnant with twins too was a bit over the top, but to be expected. So, is Simon the dad of whats-her-faces' baby? Sounded like it....

-Angela
Who is Sara? I must have missed this character.
#9 of 61 Old 05-09-2006, 09:22 AM

Grrr.. I sat there yelling at the tv "what the hell??? You producers suck!" Talk about closure, yea right... DH and I were puzzled, trying to figure out what the deal was with Sandy...
#10 of 61 Old 05-09-2006, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbandj
Who is Sara? I must have missed this character.
Sarah is Matt's wife.
#11 of 61 Old 05-09-2006, 11:03 AM

To say the twins' thing was over the top is an understatement. I was soooo disappointed in that ending.
#12 of 61 Old 05-09-2006, 11:04 AM

Can anyone give a synopsis? I forgot it was on or I would've watched..

Thanks!

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
#13 of 61 Old 05-09-2006, 11:07 AM

I thought the ending was great! Sure it was cheesy, but so was at least half of the show at least half of the time.

I used to be a pretty faithful watcher of the show, but I've missed a lot over the past couple of years... it just got too predictable. But, I'm so glad that I tuned in for the last few shows... I especially liked all of the clips. And I'm glad that Jessica Biel was able to bring herself to do *something* for the last episode!
#14 of 61 Old 05-09-2006, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stayseeliz
Can anyone give a synopsis? I forgot it was on or I would've watched..

Thanks!
Matt & Sarah showed up & Sarah was pg. w/twin boys

Lucy & Kevin revealed that they were also pg w/twin boys

Mary & Carlos revealed that they were reunited & also pg w/twins... girls.

Simon & new girl didn't get married.

It looked like Simon & old gf, Sandy,(who also looked pg & had a baby), might be hooking up & that he might be the father of one of them (sorry, I haven't been watching a lot in the past couple of years... I don't know the backstory to this one)

Lots of clips from old shows.
#15 of 61 Old 05-09-2006, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kymholly
Matt & Sarah showed up & Sarah was pg. w/twin boys

Lucy & Kevin revealed that they were also pg w/twin boys

Mary & Carlos revealed that they were reunited & also pg w/twins... girls.

Simon & new girl didn't get married.

It looked like Simon & old gf, Sandy,(who also looked pg & had a baby), might be hooking up & that he might be the father of one of them (sorry, I haven't been watching a lot in the past couple of years... I don't know the backstory to this one)

Lots of clips from old shows.
Thanks! What happened with Ruthie? If Martin wasn't the father of Sandy's baby did Ruthie and Martin get together? Thanks!

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
#16 of 61 Old 05-09-2006, 11:20 AM

Lucy has been married to Kevin for quite some time. Martin suposedly left, didn't get drafted for baseball, to help Sandy raise what was suposedly his baby. Martin and Lucy were never a couple, although Ruthie did like Martin and was crushed to find out about him and Sandy. There were a lot of flashbacks. And , it never showed it, but that night the family was flying back for Matt and Sarah's graduation from medical school. And Mary wasn't at the wedding because she was going to suprise her parents and tell them that she was also graduating from college too. I do think Sandy and Simon would have gotten together but am not quite convinced he is the father of her baby. I think if Simon thought it was a possibility he would have brought it up long ago. Although in past episodes he did tell Kevin he was intimate with Sandy before him and Rose were engaged or dating.
#17 of 61 Old 05-09-2006, 12:00 PM

All 3 pregnant with twins? Um ok. Glad I didnt watch it, I would have been yelling at the TV.

Mama to a 6 year old diva, and new little man July 2011.

#18 of 61 Old 05-09-2006, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starr
Lucy has been married to Kevin for quite some time. Martin suposedly left, didn't get drafted for baseball, to help Sandy raise what was suposedly his baby. Martin and Lucy were never a couple, although Lucy did like Martin and was crushed to find out about him and Sandy. There were a lot of flashbacks. And , it never showed it, but that night the family was flying back for Matt and Sarah's graduation from medical school. And Mary wasn't at the wedding because she was going to suprise her parents and tell them that she was also graduating from college too. I do think Sandy and Simon would have gotten together but am not quite convinced he is the father of her baby. I think if Simon thought it was a possibility he would have brought it up long ago. Although in past episodes he did tell Kevin he was intimate with Sandy before him and Rose were engaged or dating.
Typo!! I meant Ruthie!! Sorry!!

#19 of 61 Old 05-09-2006, 12:20 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Ruthie really wasn't in this episode very much at all. I just wonder if the rumours are true that there MIGHT be an 11th season as the WB deals with it's merger with UPN (I believe that is the station they are merging with) Another season would totally make sense after that finale - the 6 Camden grandchildren would be born, we would find out what is up with Simon and Sandy and Ruthie (I believe) would graduate high school. Now that would be a good final season!
#20 of 61 Old 05-09-2006, 12:23 PM

Ruthie is spending the summer abroad. She met a cute guy and they flirted a lot.

-Angela
#21 of 61 Old 05-09-2006, 12:43 PM

Gosh, I could not believe from the flashbacks how much everyone had aged in the past 10 years! It made me cry!

I am going to miss that show - although I have not watched it much in the last few years.
#22 of 61 Old 05-09-2006, 03:35 PM

That was the finale?? Lame! I n eed another season - WAY too many loose threads... That "one more season on the CW" rumor sounds really plausible.
#23 of 61 Old 05-09-2006, 09:08 PM

I thought it was one of the WORSE series finale I have ever seen. I enjoyed the show in the beginning, then only watched it off and on once Mary (Jessica Biel) left the show. I watched it because I knew ALL the Camden's would be on it and it was the series finale. On a scale of 1-worse to 5-best, I'm giving it a 2-star rating. Almost the entire show, all they did was debated if Rose and Simon were going to follow through with the wedding or get "cold feet". I also didn't like how Mary wasn't really with the family at the end. The only good parts of the show was the flashbacks.
#24 of 61 Old 05-09-2006, 09:16 PM

I haven't watched the show much in the past couple years, but I wanted to "catch up" so I watched the finale. OH. MY. WORD. So totally lame. The twins thing was ridiculous! Just really over the top.

And the thing with Sandy and the baby at the end was just...confusing. Bah.
#25 of 61 Old 05-09-2006, 09:17 PM

On our local news on Sun. night, they had something on the bottom of the screen that said something like "7th Heaven's Ends Series Tomorrow Night...Or Does It?"

What a cruel joke that would be.
#26 of 61 Old 05-09-2006, 09:58 PM

:

:Patty :fireman Catholic, intactalactivist, co-sleeping, GDing, HSing, no-vax Mama to .........................:..........hale:
#27 of 61 Old 05-09-2006, 10:02 PM

I recorded it & the recording ended early, just after Sandy told Simon "We have to talk". I was not pleased. But it sounds like I didn't miss any information. Although the show was cheesy, it was nice to have a show on that valued family & I'll miss it.
#28 of 61 Old 05-09-2006, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Although the show was cheesy, it was nice to have a show on that valued family & I'll miss it.
:

I also only watched it on and off after Mary left and didn't like the way her part was last night. I would've liked to see them all together
#29 of 61 Old 05-09-2006, 11:11 PM

Was Jessica Biel in the finale?
#30 of 61 Old 05-09-2006, 11:14 PM

We haven't had cable in a few years and this was one of the only shows I actually missed (this and Monk - please tell me that's still on the air even if I'm not watching it )

Anyway, Simon ISN'T married and is having sex? WOW, I missed a lot, Or did I mis-read that? Do his parents know? Details, I need details!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page