Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2006, 03:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Yay for Taylor.

I have been a pretty big Kat fan, but she'd been pretty off for a bit now. Tonight with Meatloaf was soo soo soo bad! What on earth happened there? He was freaking her out I think, and it looked like she was trying to get away from him.

Loved Chris with Live, Clay and his super fan was cute but a tad awkward, Carrie Underwood did fantastic.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats a man who can do him absolutely no good."
peace.gif  Embrace the learning that is happening within the things that are actually happening!    
Old 05-25-2006, 03:44 AM

i cannot tell you how happy i am for Taylor. I bawled and then cried some more when he sang. he deserved it. he truely is an Americal Idol!
Old 05-25-2006, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnschoolnMa
Yay for Taylor.

I have been a pretty big Kat fan, but she'd been pretty off for a bit now.
Quote:
Tonight with Meatloaf was soo soo soo bad! What on earth happened there? He was freaking her out I think, and it looked like she was trying to get away from him.
I've read that he's having health issues that are interferring with his performances.

Quote:
Loved Chris with Live,
That was cool. They looked like book ends. Did anyone else notice that they were mirroring eachothers moves without even realizing it?

Clay and his super fan was cute but a tad awkward, Carrie Underwood did fantastic.
SOUL PATROL!!
Old 05-25-2006, 05:53 AM

Just gotta say I LOVE taylor and I am sooooo happy he won. I liked him from the first audition, my sister thought I was crazy, but he was awesome! I'm so happy for him! yay!!!

And I felt so embarassed for him when he had to sing with Toni Braxton, what the heck was she on? Whoa. Was she even singing? And then when she grabbed his hand and groped herself with it? I think he jumped back about ten feet! poor guy!

I thought the show was pretty good in an entertaining sort of way and was VERY happy about Prince showing up.

Yay Taylor!!!!!!
Old 05-25-2006, 10:20 AM

The perfromances were all a little weird to me except chris and Live. I wonder if any of them had rehersal time or what?? I fast forwarded through most of Kat and meatloaf it was so bad. And toni braxton?? What was she on????

Clay with his fan was funny, but mean in a way, I rewatched it and the poor guy thought everyone was screaming for him and had a big smile, then turns and sees clay. Then tries to keep on singing... Ryan had to come get the poor guy to stop singing.

I liked all the medleys with the idols though. Overall the show was just too long. but I am glad Taylor won.

Buy or sell safe scents for your home!! Check out Scentsy!! Start your own business for only $99.
Old 05-25-2006, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkg
Did anyone else think the whole finale was very weird? The Katherine/Meatloaf thing was frightening, as was Clay and his "superfan". Then Toni Braxton--does she realize that "In the Ghetto" is not a sexy song??? Poor Taylor looked afraid... It was still wonderful in the American Idol cheesy way, but you have to wonder who comes up with some of that stuff!
THe Kat/Meatloaf thing WAS frightening! Whoa. Didn't Meatloaf sing on Idol in a previous season? I don't knwo what was more frightening: Meatloaf, his singing, or Kat smiling despite those other things!
Clay and the Superfan was cute. I had no idea it was Clay though. I really had to think about it and finally figured it out.
Toni BRaxton has been to the Mariha Carey Shop again, I see. IT's sad, girl really can sing, and she's turned into yet another cookie cutter pop waste of time. With sex appeal. Blech. Taylor did look a little afraid.
Who sang with Elliot? Whoever she was, my oldest son and I thought she was leaking (milk) through her shirt! Turns out it was just the shirtitself, but I really thought she had milk spots!

Overall, I liked the show. Long, but better than "the Oscars are long"

Namaste, Tara
Old 05-25-2006, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaTaraX
THe Kat/Meatloaf thing WAS frightening! Whoa. Didn't Meatloaf sing on Idol in a previous season? I don't knwo what was more frightening: Meatloaf, his singing, or Kat smiling despite those other things!
Clay and the Superfan was cute. I had no idea it was Clay though. I really had to think about it and finally figured it out.
Toni BRaxton has been to the Mariha Carey Shop again, I see. IT's sad, girl really can sing, and she's turned into yet another cookie cutter pop waste of time. With sex appeal. Blech. Taylor did look a little afraid.
Who sang with Elliot? Whoever she was, my oldest son and I thought she was leaking (milk) through her shirt! Turns out it was just the shirtitself, but I really thought she had milk spots!

Overall, I liked the show. Long, but better than "the Oscars are long"
mary j blige was singing with elliot.
tony braxton was totally innapropriate and tacky..nasty comes to mind...
Old 05-25-2006, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Yay for Taylor.

I have been a pretty big Kat fan, but she'd been pretty off for a bit now. Tonight with Meatloaf was soo soo soo bad! What on earth happened there? He was freaking her out I think, and it looked like she was trying to get away from him.

Loved Chris with Live, Clay and his super fan was cute but a tad awkward, Carrie Underwood did fantastic.
: I was scared of Meatloaf so I can only imagine how Katharine felt. I thought the Clay Aiken "duet" was so precious. And, I will always have a special place in my heart for "Little Boy Blue" (Cowboy Garet) so it was nice to see the 3 cowboys back.

Taylor sooo deserved this win!!

, , , mama to Ross , Reagan (8/29/05), Joshua (from Haiti...here NOW due to the earthquake!), and Elijah , born safely 9-8-09.
Old 05-25-2006, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamachandi
mary j blige was singing with elliot.
tony braxton was totally innapropriate and tacky..nasty comes to mind...
I thought that's who it was. My TV was messing up due to a storm off and on throughout the show so I couldn't really hear her voice to tell.

Namaste, Tara
Old 05-25-2006, 12:29 PM

Random thoughts:

Nobody is saying anything about.... PRINCE!!!

Nobody can turn me into a swooning 19 year old fangirl like he does.

I thought Clay looked absolutely ridiculous, but as my dh said, he still got the voice.

The best of the Idol duets was Paris and Al Jarreau. He did a great job of letting her sing WITH him, and so many of the other "stars" just sang.

I'm glad Taylor won this. I hope it turns out well for him. Somebody mentioned he sang after he won??? My TiVo cut off before that, if so. What did he sing?

--Olive
Old 05-25-2006, 12:49 PM

Yeah I enjoyed seeing prince on stage. He is such an artist. Good musician and a good singer.

YAY for Taylor. I liked him from the beginning and I LOVED that they reminded Simon that he almost passed on him. Humble pie Mr Cowell? There's a couple of pieces here with YOUR name on them.
Old 05-25-2006, 12:50 PM

He sang the new single again - better than the night before I thought.
Old 05-25-2006, 12:52 PM

Soul patrol!

I can't believe no one commented on Chicken Little singing, "What's new, Puthycat, whoa-whoa, whoa whoa!" The girls in back could barely restrain their laughter
Old 05-25-2006, 01:06 PM

I missed the first half, I really only tuned in for the last 20 minutes to see who won. I thought Prince did really poorly compaired with his stuff from years ago.

I'm glad Taylor won it, I used to like Kat but felt she was cocky or something the past few weeks.
Old 05-25-2006, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylittlevowels
Soul patrol!

I can't believe no one commented on Chicken Little singing, "What's new, Puthycat, whoa-whoa, whoa whoa!" The girls in back could barely restrain their laughter
Oh yeah! I must have blocked that out! It made me feel almost as icky as his rendition of Part Time Lover.
Old 05-25-2006, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrie43
Clay with his fan was funny, but mean in a way, I rewatched it and the poor guy thought everyone was screaming for him and had a big smile, then turns and sees clay. Then tries to keep on singing... Ryan had to come get the poor guy to stop singing.
I don't think they were trying to get him to stop singing- I think Ryan was making sure he was ok- he looked like he was going to faint. I thought it was very sweet.
Old 05-25-2006, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkg
Did anyone else think the whole finale was very weird? The Katherine/Meatloaf thing was frightening, as was Clay and his "superfan". Then Toni Braxton--does she realize that "In the Ghetto" is not a sexy song??? Poor Taylor looked afraid... It was still wonderful in the American Idol cheesy way, but you have to wonder who comes up with some of that stuff!
I thought the Clay thing was os funny! Loved it!

I agree with you about the Kat/Meatloaf things. Yikes! And I SOOOOOO agree with you about Toni Braxton. What the heck was that!?! It is far from a flurtie song. I can't believe that she tried to be sexy and flurt. That was one of my fav songs that Hicks sang because he had such emotion to it that you felt the words! She ruined it.

Quote:
The best of the Idol duets was Paris and Al Jarreau. He did a great job of letting her sing WITH him, and so many of the other "stars" just sang.
YES! They sounded so great together!

Quote:
I wonder if any of them had rehersal time or what??
Yah it seemed a little under rehersed to me. Like they were unsure of their steps and such with the group stuff.
Old 05-25-2006, 02:56 PM

Soul Patrol!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! I disliked Kat for a while now... she seemed really cocky and not very humble at all.

I loved every part with Chris in it, he is such a great singer and performer, i hope he gets a great record deal somewhere.

I didnt really like how some of the duets went, especially Mary J Blige and Elliott. He was singing so beautifully and then she started singing and she was WAY louder than he was so you could only hear her. I didnt see the meatloaf/kat part, but from what i've read here, i think i'm glad i didnt see it LOL.

The Clay Aiken/Superfan part was a little weird to me, they should have given him a little warning, he looked like he was going to pass out when he saw Clay. I dont think Ryan was purposefully being mean though, at least I hope not, it would be really cruel if they were just trying to get the fan out of the way.

I am really glad Taylor won though. Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!

momma to 8 yr old ddjoy.gif.  Furmom to our menagerie:   2dog2.gif , 1cat.gif, 2 goldfish.gif,  2 hamster.jpg,  and 1 silly rabbit. 

Old 05-25-2006, 03:06 PM

The best part of the whole show to me was the Clay/fan thing. That had to be the gayest moment in AI history!!! I mean no offense by that, I say it lovingly. That kid was SOOOOOO shocked! You could tell he had NO idea what was going to happen. I bet the producers were on cloud nine with the way that turned out! SO genuine! Clay's hair was WEIRD though.

Was Toni Braxton lip syncing? Something was way off there.

Also, I agree about Meatloaf!!! Scary!!! Poor Katherine, I wonder how they paired those two up?

~lisa~mama to 3 boys (1/02, 5/04, 12/06)
Old 05-25-2006, 03:13 PM

The irony of Clay and the super fan is that he was so nervous in his auditon that he had to go to the bathroom. I was worried that there might be a puddle on the stage bless his sweet heart.
Old 05-25-2006, 04:35 PM

I couldn't watch the show for some reason...I was flipping around a bunch. But I did see that Taylor won...which left me...feeling...nothing really. So I guess you could say I wasn't emotionally invested in this season's finalists.

I wanted it to be between Chris and Elliot!

In love with Dh since 1998. We created Ds (7.1.03), Dd (10.16.06) and Dd (3.16.09).
Old 05-25-2006, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierDiaperinMama
And, I will always have a special place in my heart for "Little Boy Blue" (Cowboy Garet) so it was nice to see the 3 cowboys back.

The brokenote cowboys were cute! The one guy was actually really good... better than I remembered... and I wonder why he didnt make it further into the show. I can't remember his name.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats a man who can do him absolutely no good."
peace.gif  Embrace the learning that is happening within the things that are actually happening!    
Old 05-25-2006, 06:44 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Was it Will?

OK, I don't remember their names. There were the two white guys and the black guy. The boy who had never been out of Wyoming and who sang with his turkey had improved in voice quality. The lanky white guy with the dark hair was OK, but the black guy whose name I thought was Will was the best, IMO. I remember being sad when he didn't make it through.
Old 05-25-2006, 06:48 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Was it me, or did Mary J. Blige seem out of tune at times? That surprised me. And Toni Braxton seems to have lost a lot of her power. Meatloaf singing his own song made me realize why he let Celine Dion record it, and that's saying something since I am not a Celine fan.

I didn't think Clay sounded all that great either, yet it tickled me pink that his duet with that crazy guy was not the worst performance of the night.

Prince and Dionne Warwick were good.
Old 05-25-2006, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viola
The boy who had never been out of Wyoming and who sang with his turkey had improved in voice quality. The lanky white guy with the dark hair was OK, but the black guy whose name I thought was Will was the best, IMO.
It might have been Will. He was amazing lastnight I thought!

Old 05-25-2006, 10:51 PM

Oh God yes Prince. Does he have some crazy potion that prevents him from aging at all? Seriously he looks as young today as he did when I was singing Raspberry Beret and Kiss! Amazing. He like oozes sexy.

Old 05-25-2006, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Oh God yes Prince. He like oozes sexy.
No doubt! Sexy is right! It seems so ridiculous though. Here's a man, with make-up on, dressed in purple clothes with major high heels and I'm swooning. He is the perfect example that you don't have to be good looking to be super sexy. My favorite song of his is "Sexy M-F'er." Mmmmmmm.
Old 05-26-2006, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viola
The boy who had never been out of Wyoming and who sang with his turkey had improved in voice quality.
Yes, he did improve. He reminds me of my very first boyfriend when I was 14.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencersmom
Here's a man, with make-up on, dressed in purple clothes with major high heels and I'm swooning.
Does he always wear purple? I don't think I was old enough to remember him being popular but I dated a guy in college who worshipped him.

, , , mama to Ross , Reagan (8/29/05), Joshua (from Haiti...here NOW due to the earthquake!), and Elijah , born safely 9-8-09.
Old 05-26-2006, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylittlevowels
Soul patrol!

laughing my butt off!!!!!

This season has been the worst, in my opinion. I started liking Taylor, but he got on my nerves after awhile....it seemed like he was exagerating his moves sooo much, ever since the judges kept commenting on his "dancing" (or lack thereof...).
Although Clay is a little weird, he has an amazing voice still. That season he was on was my favorite. This time around, the final 12 didn't do much for me.

User Tag List