AMERICAN IDOL! Katherine or Taylor?! - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-26-2006, 09:00 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My thoughts on the finale...them all coming out in white, I was wondering if Colonel Sanders was their wardrobe stylist (or maybe the Good Humor man? )

The Clay fan was sweet.

Meatloaf...doesn't he have some kind of health issues?

Toni Braxton...oh, gads...the guy singing Unbreak My Heart on the credit fraud commercial is better than she is. What happened?

Prince...Ick...he gives me the heebie-jeebies almost as much as Jack Nicholson does. (And I used to like him, dude is just plain WIERD now).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2006, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkenny
My thoughts on the finale...them all coming out in white, I was wondering if Colonel Sanders was their wardrobe stylist (or maybe the Good Humor man? )

The Clay fan was sweet.

Meatloaf...doesn't he have some kind of health issues?

Toni Braxton...oh, gads...the guy singing Unbreak My Heart on the credit fraud commercial is better than she is. What happened?

Prince...Ick...he gives me the heebie-jeebies almost as much as Jack Nicholson does. (And I used to like him, dude is just plain WIERD now).
Yes. As a matter of fact he had surgery a few days prior to his performance on AI. He said that between being post-op and have major TV stage fright, he doesn't even remember performing. He stated in an interview that he remembered being told that he was on in 2mins, then nothing. The next thing he recalled was sitting backstage crying.

He has said for years that he can sing anything live, but put him on tv, he and he blacks out in panic.
Old 05-27-2006, 04:44 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvnmommyhood
He stated in an interview that he remembered being told that he was on in 2mins, then nothing. The next thing he recalled was sitting backstage crying.

He has said for years that he can sing anything live, but put him on tv, he and he blacks out in panic.
Poor guy! That stinks. I feel badly for him that it went down so awful.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats a man who can do him absolutely no good."
peace.gif  Embrace the learning that is happening within the things that are actually happening!    
Old 05-27-2006, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvnmommyhood
Yes. As a matter of fact he had surgery a few days prior to his performance on AI. He said that between being post-op and have major TV stage fright, he doesn't even remember performing. He stated in an interview that he remembered being told that he was on in 2mins, then nothing. The next thing he recalled was sitting backstage crying.

Thanks for the info, though.
Old 05-27-2006, 09:29 PM

Quote:
That had to be the gayest moment in AI history!!! I mean no offense by that, I say it lovingly.
Sounds exactly what some idiot said on CNN. A gay moment? What the hell does that mean? Just because some kid idolizes a singer, it makes it gay?

I think it was awesome. A very sweet moment. Created a lot of buzz. GO CLAY!!

Old 05-28-2006, 12:58 AM

I meant gay, as in homosexual.

And before anyone gets upset about the statement and accuses me of anything, I should say I was quoting my great homosexual hairdresser friend. We both loved the moment!!!

Jeez.

~lisa~mama to 3 boys (1/02, 5/04, 12/06)
Old 05-28-2006, 01:15 AM

I know what gay means....I'm just wondering what gay had to do with the performance? I don't get it.

Old 05-28-2006, 01:27 AM

Well, I've heard the words gay and lame (as in boring or dull) used interchangably, so I wasn't sure if you were confused about what meaning I was trying to express.

Quote:
I know what gay means....I'm just wondering what gay had to do with the performance?
Again, no offense, but it is fairly common knowledge that Clay Aiken (of which I am a fan!) is a homosexual, but just isn't out. My original statement came after I came home from discussing the show with about 8 of my gay male friends. There's little use trying to explain, because it seems no matter what I say you are going to be offended.

Old 05-28-2006, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Again, no offense, but it is fairly common knowledge that Clay Aiken (of which I am a fan!) is a homosexual, but just isn't out.
Oh? And you know this how?

I am a huge fan. I'm offended by tabloid trash being put forth as gospel truth.

That is all.

Not trying to argue or be rude....

Old 05-28-2006, 01:50 AM

I thought the Clay thing with the "fan" was creepy. I am probably the only one. That "fan" actually thought Clay was there to sing with him!!!!

Cristina - "If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." Maya Angelou
Old 05-28-2006, 01:54 AM

Yes, that's why I was trying to be sensitive, I could tell you are a fan! I am too!!! IMO, he's the best voice AI has ever had.

I promise I didn't and don't mean anything derogatory by my comments. I surely never intend to offend! But to me, calling him a homosexual isn't a bad thing? That's just my opinion.

Old 05-28-2006, 02:02 AM

I loooove Clay. I don't think he's gay- he has said he isn't. He may be way in the closet, though, I dunno... doesn't matter to me either way.
Old 05-28-2006, 02:02 AM

I did read on another board that Michael (the guy that sang with Clay) was a high functioning autistic. Who knows...but that's one thing Clay is passionate about....inclusion. He was very gracious & humble to sing with that guy. Clay has a heart of gold!

Old 05-28-2006, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie75
I did read on another board that Michael (the guy that sang with Clay) was a high functioning autistic. Who knows...but that's one thing Clay is passionate about....inclusion. He was very gracious & humble to sing with that guy. Clay has a heart of gold!
LINK, PLEASE! My bff loves Clay Aiken, & her dd is autistic- we fell in love with him when he was on AI. She swore that the kid who sang with Clay was on the autism spectrum- I would love to have a link to send to her. He seemed SO thrilled. I loved it.
Old 05-28-2006, 02:08 AM

I think he was a special need teacher before AI, wasn't he? I agree, he's seems like a kind wonderful person!

Old 05-28-2006, 02:08 AM

Quote:
IMO, he's the best voice AI has ever had.
AMEN sister!! Naw....being gay isn't what gets my goat....just the filthy rumors. I hate tabloid trash!

Clay has said he's not gay. I believe him.

But, I just have to say....his new look is HAWT!!! OMG....I nearly fell off the couch when he came on stage!!

Lot's of people are lovin' his new look!

Old 05-28-2006, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesmom
LINK, PLEASE! My bff loves Clay Aiken, & her dd is autistic- we fell in love with him when he was on AI. She swore that the kid who sang with Clay was on the autism spectrum- I would love to have a link to send to her. He seemed SO thrilled. I loved it.
I read it on the Clayboard.....I asked for more info on it too....my DS is on the spectrum. Wish I knew.

I keep watching the performance over & over.....that kid was sooooo excited! He even cried....Ryan Seacrest said in an interview that he was shaking 15 min after the performance!

ETA:theclayboard

Old 05-28-2006, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lucky One
I think he was a special need teacher before AI, wasn't he? I agree, he's seems like a kind wonderful person!
Yep. He really is a great guy. I'm getting all sappy here!

Old 05-28-2006, 02:27 PM

Quote:
I did read on another board that Michael (the guy that sang with Clay) was a high functioning autistic.
Ok now I feel bad. I had no idea.

Quote:
Who knows...but that's one thing Clay is passionate about....inclusion. He was very gracious & humble to sing with that guy. Clay has a heart of gold!
: I always thought the teaching world lost a good one. Although I know he makes up for it, ie: UNICEF. & BTW We love Clay around here too!

Cristina - "If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." Maya Angelou
Old 05-28-2006, 06:27 PM

Quote:
But, I just have to say....his new look is HAWT!!! OMG....I nearly fell off the couch when he came on stage!!

Lot's of people are lovin' his new look!

LOL, I nearly fell off the couch when I saw him, too, but not because I thought he looked hot! :
Old 05-28-2006, 09:53 PM

Quote:
LOL, I nearly fell off the couch when I saw him, too, but not because I thought he looked hot!
You are in the minority then! The majority of the reactions I've read & heard have been positive!

Old 05-28-2006, 10:08 PM

Quote:
You are in the minority then! The majority of the reactions I've read & heard have been positive!
I like the new look.

I have seen Kat on some interviews type shows and you know...she seems very stuck up. I like her even less than I did before. It took me awhile to pin point why I didn't like her when the show was on. But I think that it is that she has this air about her. This "I am so pretty and boy can I sing" type air. To me she is just another pretty face that can sing. She is not original. A dime a dozen. I love that although Taylor knows that he has talent, he does not seem to have the attitude that he is better than others. He still seems like a nice guy. Kat is just another one of those popular girls that bump your shoulder in the halls of high school as they mow past you so that they can gab with their friends about how cool they are and how uncool everyone else is.

IMHO
Old 05-29-2006, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Kat is just another one of those popular girls that bump your shoulder in the halls of high school as they mow past you so that they can gab with their friends about how cool they are and how uncool everyone else is.
I'm having flashbacks....I'm so glad those days are over.

Old 05-29-2006, 01:19 AM

:

I do not like the new look. AT. ALL.

Not only did I think the hair was just plain weird, it is too far removed from the Clay that we knew and fell in love with. IMO, part of his charm was his red-headed freckled glasses wearing geekiness. I did like his original AI transformation, he just looked a little more polished, but the other night, I didn't recognize him until he started singing. Really.

Was his hair black or was it just my screen???

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dianay/153185989/--I prefer the look on the left!

Old 05-29-2006, 03:14 AM

There were a few ladies that didn't like the look too....don't feel bad! I think Clay has so many different looks....but this one just blew me away!

His hair looks like a dark brown with some reddish tones in it. I'm very tempted to post some yummy pics of him....but this thread is off topic already!

Maybe we should have our own thread? I feel like the biggest oddball...a crunchy Claymate! :

ETA: Nice pics there! Yea...I know what you mean. That guy just brings the biggest smile to my face!

Old 05-29-2006, 03:17 AM

Location: back in the GREAT state of Minnesota! oh how i have missed you!
Kat, taylor, and chris where all my favs

i did not care i really liked them both

PS I LOVE CLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your life doesnât change by the man whos elected. If your loved by someone you can't be rejected... decide what to be and go be it! If your a caged bird brake in and demand that somebody free it.
Old 05-29-2006, 09:54 PM

Did it seem to y'all that Clay had gained some weight also?
Gossamer

Before you were conceived, I wanted you. Before you were born I loved you. Before you were a minute old, I would have died for you. That is the miracle of life. ~Maureen Hawkins~
Old 05-29-2006, 10:17 PM

Hee hee
Clay looked like my 7th grade boyfriend!
Old 05-29-2006, 10:17 PM

Yea...it sure seemed like it! Probably all that good southern cooking...& since he wasn't touring.

I'm dying to hear about some CD & tour news!!

User Tag List