Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 107 Old 06-26-2006, 02:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
There has to be a Buffy thread already but there's no search...

Yes, I know the show is long over but I can't be the only one who still watches the dvds. Can I? :

I've watched all of it and am re-watching it as I purchase the dvds. I'm on Season 6 now--Evil Willow!!

I've also started renting Angel from Netflix. It's kind of hard for me to watch because there's no Buffy! But I want more so I'm giving it a try.

Any other Buffy lovers out there?
#2 of 107 Old 06-26-2006, 02:10 PM

Yeees!!! I love Buffy! I was addicted to that show, like 6 years ago in 2000 and 2001! Spike is a cutie, even though he is a vampie. Him and Buffy's affair was smokin! I never really watched Angel that much, but definately Buffy.

Bethany, crunchy Christian mom to Destiny (11) Deanna (9), and Ethan (2)

#3 of 107 Old 06-26-2006, 02:10 PM

Yeah, I've probably seen every episode at least 4 times. DH and I are major Whedon fans. We are the people that saw Serenity multiple times with friends to boost its earnings. . .

We have an elliptical machine at home and I watch Buffy or Angel when I work out (three or four times a week). They are perfect b/c they are just the right amount of time. . . Right now I am working my way back through Angel.

I love them like no other television show
We are watching Veronica Mars now too- it has a lot of Buffy people on it (including Joss as a guest star!). Any other lovers of the Buffyverse watching VMars?
#4 of 107 Old 06-26-2006, 02:12 PM - Thread Starter

I read on Salon.com that Veronica Mars was the new Buffy!
I rented the first disc of season 1 from Netflix but didn't LOVE it. Should I try again?

Oh yes we've watched all of Firefly and the movie. Didn't see it in the theater though. I thought Serenity was excellent. It really tied up the series well. It was all about River all along! who knew??
#5 of 107 Old 06-26-2006, 02:26 PM

I love Salon too!!!

Veronica Mars is great. It isn't really a replacement for Buffy, but it is good in its own right. . . I really like it. I thought season 2 was good. Charisma Carpenter has a semi-regular hilarious role.
#6 of 107 Old 06-26-2006, 02:46 PM

buffy and angel fans here, too! i must say, the first season or two of angel were hard to get into, but after that, it was great. and season 6 of buffy with evil willow, oh so good...

my all time favorite episode is still the musical one. : don't know why, except that i'm a musicals kinda gal... :

~claudia
#7 of 107 Old 06-26-2006, 02:50 PM

Yeah, the stinky cheeses line of the musical really got me. . .

it was also funny how good (and bad) the different characters were at singing/dancing.

Anthony Stewart Head was fantastic at singing and Michelle T. was really a great dancer.
#8 of 107 Old 06-26-2006, 03:02 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah Dawn is totally a dancer. I just watched this episode the other day and she was doing all these fancy hip-swivels and stuff. And Willow sang about 4 lines!! Bad bad singer.

"Once More With Feeling" is definitely in my top 5 favorite episodes. I also like the episode where they lose their memories and Spike thinks he's Gile's son--Randy Giles. And Hush where there is no talking is good too. Oh, oh and Band Candy where everyone regresses and Giles is Ripper hanging out with Joyce!!
#9 of 107 Old 06-26-2006, 05:30 PM

Buffy was such an awesome show. I miss it so much. :
#10 of 107 Old 06-26-2006, 05:39 PM

watching "Lies My Parents Told Me" as we speak!
#11 of 107 Old 06-26-2006, 05:58 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by crissei
watching "Lies My Parents Told Me" as we speak!
OK, I looked up the episode summary on that one and that's when they tell about Robin's mom being the slayer that was killed by Spike in NYC in 1977. That episode always bugged me because when they originally told the story about Spike killing that slayer it was on the subway, not in the park. Am I missing something or just too dorky?
#12 of 107 Old 06-26-2006, 06:13 PM

I just checked,
He almost gets her in the park but the wind (or Robin, I can't tell which) turns a trash can over and scares Spike off.
Now, off to watch "Dirty Girls"! Yay, Faith!
#13 of 107 Old 06-26-2006, 06:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by crissei
I just checked,
He almost gets her in the park but the wind (or Robin, I can't tell which) turns a trash can over and scares Spike off.
Now, off to watch "Dirty Girls"! Yay, Faith!
Oh OK, that makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up! It's been a while since I watched season 7. Won't be long til I am there again though!
#14 of 107 Old 06-26-2006, 10:59 PM

DH & I are HUGE Buffy fans! There was a thread at some point but it was a mix of buffy, angel and other stuff. maybe firefly/serenity?

i have such a crush on spike. not james marsters, mind you. i heard him once in an interview & just can't stomach him with his real california-boy speech

season 7 was tough for me to let go. we had the final episode on tivo for a month before I could watch it : i get a bit emotionally involved

i think i brought this up before, but does anyone else feel like they *know* vampire stuff so when things are done differently in other shows/movies, they're *wrong*? Like, only the way it's been shown on Buffy is the TRUE way it is! really must get out more....

we're watching Supernatural & it's been filling our buffy void quite well. and the brother who plays Dean......
#15 of 107 Old 06-27-2006, 01:43 AM

me too for Buff!
DH got me into it, and while I was preggers with DS, we watched all of Buffy and then went on to Angel, then Firefly. I actually watched a bit of an Angel episode while in labour at the hospital!
I just finished Buffy for the 2nd time. SOoo good. I resisted it at first, but I'm converted.
Andrew is the funniest character.
I recommend Angel, you just have to get through the first season and it gets awesome. Firefly was killer too, just had to get through the first couple of episodes.
#16 of 107 Old 06-27-2006, 01:44 AM

BTW, I totally agree that while Spike it hot, James Marsters is NOT!
#17 of 107 Old 06-27-2006, 10:13 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobica
i think i brought this up before, but does anyone else feel like they *know* vampire stuff so when things are done differently in other shows/movies, they're *wrong*? Like, only the way it's been shown on Buffy is the TRUE way it is! really must get out more....
Yes I feel this way all the time. I also read a bunch of Ann Rice books when I was in college and her vampires are totally different. Basically the only way to kill those suckers is with fire. I like that the Buffy mythology really sticks to all the classic vampire stuff--wooden stakes, holy water, garlic, no mirrors, etc.

I watched the Doublemeat Palace episode last night where Buffy is working at the fast food joint. Not my favorite. But any episode of Buffy is heads above most of the other junk on TV!

(and I will third the motion that Spike is way hotter than pretty-boy James )
#18 of 107 Old 06-28-2006, 01:10 AM

Ah, yes Buffy.

Buffy Rocks!

I know I'm weird, but I have the biggest crush on Giles. I have an autographed photo of him next to my book shelfs.

A bookish, british, bad ass in tweed...does it get any hotter?

There is a crack in everything...that's how the light gets in.
~Leonard Cohen~
#19 of 107 Old 06-28-2006, 05:03 AM

Another Buffy fan here! A friend of mine got me into Buffy on the second or third season, then I got my DH into it. I TiVoed all of the Buffy episodes from the beginning so I could see them all. I could never get into Angel, though. DH was really into the Firefox series and I saw Serenity on DVD with him, and quite liked it, too. We're also big Veronica Mars fans.
#20 of 107 Old 06-28-2006, 10:05 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa
I know I'm weird, but I have the biggest crush on Giles. I have an autographed photo of him next to my book shelfs.

A bookish, british, bad ass in tweed...does it get any hotter?
You are not alone. I love Giles. He's my favorite character on the show--after Buffy of course.
#21 of 107 Old 06-28-2006, 11:56 AM - Thread Starter

Oh, and I was wanting to ask the Angel watchers--should I even bother watching Season 1? Consensus seems to be that it doesn't really pick up until Season 3...
#22 of 107 Old 06-29-2006, 12:33 AM

yes, watch season 1. It's not that bad.
#23 of 107 Old 07-11-2006, 04:52 PM

Ooh! Ooh! Buffy!! I knew there had to be some fans here!!
I am also way into Angel and Firefly... definitely watch season 1 of Angel by the way, you really need the backstory on him, Cordy and Wes. But yeah, I think seasons 3 and 4 are the best. But that's just my opinion. I also think Buffy season 6 is the best: , so take it with a grain of salt.
I don't really watch with ds around, too scary. But I have watched OMWF iwth him, and wow, did he like it. I was so proud to see my little boy playing that he was Buffy getting the monster! He's seen some Firefly, too, but I edit it very carefully. Spaceships and cowboys! I mean how could I not show him?

Is anyone else planning on checking out the "season 8" Buffy comics? I am SO super excited.
#24 of 107 Old 08-10-2006, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazyhead
You are not alone. I love Giles. He's my favorite character on the show--after Buffy of course.
I"m a total BG fanfic shipper.
#25 of 107 Old 08-10-2006, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyV
I"m a total BG fanfic shipper.
Oh! I didn't know there were BG shippers! not that I should be surprised I mean, there's probably Xander/Dawn-ers too.
I really like Fanged Four fanfic...
#26 of 107 Old 08-10-2006, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zansmama
Is anyone else planning on checking out the "season 8" Buffy comics? I am SO super excited.
Yup. We are super stoked about the comics. Yeah!!! :

DH really wants Willow to come back as a watcher.
#27 of 107 Old 08-10-2006, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Oh, and I was wanting to ask the Angel watchers--should I even bother watching Season 1? Consensus seems to be that it doesn't really pick up until Season 3...
Season 1 is really good. Season 2 is as well. I just finished watching Season 1 and it is really important for these reasons:

1) Cordy. She really grows in this season and becomes a major player
2) Buffy / Angel relationship- some major things happen
3) Wes becomes a major character
4) Gun is introduced
5) Faith's transformation begins
6) Introduction to Wolfram and Hart, learn what they're capable of and their position in everything

I like Angel a lot and think that the entire series is great. You should watch the entire series if you like Buffy and Firefly.
#28 of 107 Old 08-10-2006, 07:23 PM - Thread Starter

I'm almost done with Angel season 1. I've gotten over the fact that there is no Buffy. But how about that cross-over episode where he becomes human and he and Buffy are all in love and eating in bed.
I was disappointed that Doyle was killed off so early.

Um, what is a BG shipper or a fanfic? I do not know this lingo.
#29 of 107 Old 08-10-2006, 08:06 PM

Mmm, I love Buffy. I have the second disc of season 7 from Netflix now. I refused to buy it because I was so mad that it ended.

But now I just remember how much I love it.
#30 of 107 Old 08-10-2006, 08:29 PM

Quote:
I'm almost done with Angel season 1. I've gotten over the fact that there is no Buffy. But how about that cross-over episode where he becomes human and he and Buffy are all in love and eating in bed.
I was disappointed that Doyle was killed off so early.

Um, what is a BG shipper or a fanfic? I do not know this lingo.
That cross over episode is heart breaking. I actually skipped over it this time b/c I watch while I work out and I can't work out and bawl at the same time.

The guy who played Doyle died in real life. No one really talks about why out of respect for his family. It seems that there were some problems with his personal life that caused the show to kill him off. A lot of speculation is that maybe he had a problem with drugs or depression.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page