#361 of 739 Old 09-07-2006, 12:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potty Diva
Am I the only one in love with Kayne?
Maybe.

Ok, I just had to say that : -maybe because I saw million dollar baby yesterday...

I was praying for michael, too. Like leaping at the screen yelling "nooooooooooo don't kick him off just because he created one reeeaaally ugly dress! take vincent! take kayne!"

when do the reruns air? I want to catch the beginning.
#362 of 739 Old 09-07-2006, 01:15 PM - Thread Starter

Personally, Kayne isn't my favorite gay PR contestant but I can see where he would have a strong fan base. I find his taste to be a bit gaudy, but his garments are certainly well-made.

Last night made me love Michael all the more-he's such a sweetheart!
#363 of 739 Old 09-07-2006, 01:56 PM

I was at home saying please please please dont kick off Michael! He tried so hard, and I agree, he's a total sweetheart with a great attitude and his aesthetic is lovely. I felt so bad for him when they got egged!

I loved the whore in church line too.

As much as I absolutely cannot stand Jeffery at all, I really did like his dress. It was the clear winner I thought.

Thank god Vincent is finally gone, I was so tired of hearing how something gets him off.

So, did anyone else notice Michael leaned in to Jeffery on the runway to whisper congratulations and had to kind of swallow his words a little b/c Jefferey didnt even acknowledge him? I was so mad, b/c Michael is so gracious and Jeffery is such an arrogant pr**k!

I think Laura is totally glowing. Her face really seems to have turned into a pregnant face with a little fullness in the cheeks. So cute, fleurchamps making in progress.

Lastly, I thought aside from making couture in 2 days (2 DAYS YIKES), having to tailor your gown for one model, then make it fit someone else, that must have sucked!

Oh, and I slept through most of last weeks episode, so I caught up on it last night. Man, Jeffery just would not drop the whole design for mom challenge, what a poopoohead. And I thought that blog was joking that Kayne said Tara Reid was a jetsetter, I cant believe he actually said that without any sarcasm at all! :
#364 of 739 Old 09-07-2006, 02:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fremontmama

Thank god Vincent is finally gone, I was so tired of hearing how something gets him off.
oh, I know! those things actually got him auf'd

So, did anyone else notice Michael leaned in to Jeffery on the runway to whisper congratulations and had to kind of swallow his words a little b/c Jefferey didnt even acknowledge him? I was so mad, b/c Michael is so gracious and Jeffery is such an arrogant pr**k!

I was pissed at that, too! What an a$$ (Jeffrey)!!!!
#365 of 739 Old 09-07-2006, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potty Diva
Am I the only one in love with Kayne?
I love kayne too. I hate his glittery taste, but I can't help loving him.
#366 of 739 Old 09-07-2006, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PancakeGoddess
Ditto
#367 of 739 Old 09-07-2006, 04:43 PM

Also, I meant to say I thought J was actually really clever to choose that fabric for his dress. I really didn't like it, but not because of the fabric - I hate all that bunching - it looked like he just randomly started sewing parts of it together all over the place. The fabric WAS ugly, but it would have been a cool dress if it had looked like something. Anything.
#368 of 739 Old 09-07-2006, 07:46 PM

Quote:
He is FABULOUS. His designs aren't great, but I'm not watching him to win PR I think Michael will do that.
#369 of 739 Old 09-07-2006, 08:08 PM

Quote:
I love Kayne too...He's the best! I just need him to tone it down for the next few shows. I like Michael too and I am SICK of Laura and Jeffrey because their attitudes suck!

Mom to DS (16), DD (7), DS (5), and excitedenergy.gif about my final baby due October 2014. Love fluffy mailheartbeat.gif, appreciate midwives, and can't wait to wear a baby againjoy.gif!
#370 of 739 Old 09-07-2006, 10:52 PM

Laura found out five minutes ago she's pregnant and now she's giving birth! I think Project Runway days are like God in Genesis days. Like, each day is a week or something?

I kind of like Laura but I kind of seriously dislike her, too. I saw what I thought was a pump on her foot when they were walking around Paris. Then she had on flip-flops. When she was sitting sketching. GAH! PUH-LEASE! Hand me your shoes so I can smack you with them!

Can someone come over and do my hair like Heidi's, please? Up but not? Wavy and loose and gorgeous? Thank you.
#371 of 739 Old 09-08-2006, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chellemarie
I kind of like Laura but I kind of seriously dislike her, too. I saw what I thought was a pump on her foot when they were walking around Paris. Then she had on flip-flops. When she was sitting sketching. GAH! PUH-LEASE! Hand me your shoes so I can smack you with them!

Why does this bother you? Maybe she's just wearing what she's comfortable in at the moment. She's pregnant, her feet may be swelling.
#372 of 739 Old 09-08-2006, 11:10 AM

Because she's pretentious. Arrogant. Fussy.

I like that she's particular and confident. But there's something about her that is a little bit "looking down her nose" at the rest of the world and I find it really annoying. Who wears pumps to go walk around Paris? LAURA DOES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWine

Why does this bother you? Maybe she's just wearing what she's comfortable in at the moment. She's pregnant, her feet may be swelling.
#373 of 739 Old 09-08-2006, 11:14 AM

FWIW... when I was pregnant with DS and use to wearing high heel shoes... it took me well into my 7th month before I got used to wearing flats. Not to mention, they weren't doing a whole lot of walking around Paris. They knew they were going to a party, not walking around Paris.
#374 of 739 Old 09-08-2006, 11:31 AM

This is a hliarious commentary on Project Runway ... It's worth going back and reading the archives.

http://projectrungay.blogspot.com/
#375 of 739 Old 09-08-2006, 11:33 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeDeeLenae
FWIW... when I was pregnant with DS and use to wearing high heel shoes... it took me well into my 7th month before I got used to wearing flats. Not to mention, they weren't doing a whole lot of walking around Paris. They knew they were going to a party, not walking around Paris.
Same here! Flats are actually quite uncomfortable for me.
#376 of 739 Old 09-08-2006, 11:43 AM

I understood when they were going to the party. I was referring to the sight-seeing to get inspiration before they sketched and got to work on their garments.

I didn't express myself well. Nevermind.
#377 of 739 Old 09-08-2006, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chellemarie
Because she's pretentious. Arrogant. Fussy.

I like that she's particular and confident. But there's something about her that is a little bit "looking down her nose" at the rest of the world and I find it really annoying. Who wears pumps to go walk around Paris? LAURA DOES!
Again, I don't understand. What's wrong with wearing pumps to walk around Paris? Or to a party, for that matter?

I don't find her arrogant or pretentious.

Jeffrey, however.......blech.
#378 of 739 Old 09-08-2006, 12:16 PM - Thread Starter

I will be VERY annoyed if Jeffrey wins over Michael. Another snide comment J made that annoyed me-when he said what Michael was doing on his gown looked like what Malan was trying to do on his log dress. At least I'm sure he intended for it to be snide.
#379 of 739 Old 09-08-2006, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mata
I will be VERY annoyed if Jeffrey wins over Michael. Another snide comment J made that annoyed me-when he said what Michael was doing on his gown looked like what Malan was trying to do on his log dress. At least I'm sure he intended for it to be snide.
Oh yeah, I remember when he said that and Michael was like "is that a compliment?"
#380 of 739 Old 09-08-2006, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibex67
This is a hliarious commentary on Project Runway ... It's worth going back and reading the archives.

This website contains a link to an exit interview Vincent gave to Entertainment Weekly. After reading his interview, my opinion of Vincent has actually skyrocketed. He sees right through the whole TV aspect of it -- meaning, of course they are going to edit the show to make people seem bitchier/crazier/whatever. I like his confidence, and I like the fact that he doesn't exhibit any of the insecurities that the others do. He's 49, so that probably has a lot to do with it. He's lived long enough to know what really matters in life and what doesn't.

Most people are going to take that interview as further proof that he's a looney, I know. Guess I'm just quirky myself.
#381 of 739 Old 09-08-2006, 08:34 PM

My only issue with Vincent is when he'd say something really got him off... that just sounds so pervy to me... I hope that use of words doesn't catch on anywhere.
#382 of 739 Old 09-09-2006, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibex67

http://projectrungay.blogspot.com/20...l-depends.html

:
#383 of 739 Old 09-09-2006, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeDeeLenae
My only issue with Vincent is when he'd say something really got him off... that just sounds so pervy to me... I hope that use of words doesn't catch on anywhere.
Have to agree with you there!!
#384 of 739 Old 09-09-2006, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Most people are going to take that interview as further proof that he's a looney, I know.
I don't think he's loony, I think he's arrogant in a really squicky way.
#385 of 739 Old 09-09-2006, 09:34 AM

#386 of 739 Old 09-09-2006, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Thanks for this link, PG. I like Kayne the most out of all the desginers (as a person, not necessarily as a designer). He seems really, really sweet. And he is sooo cute too!

He mentioned they taped the entire competition (minus fashion week) in 5 1/2 weeks?!?! Is that all?!?! Wow, then Laura really did pop out almost overnight. However, this is her 6th child. I've heard you show more and more, earlier and earlier, with each one (having only 2 myself, I don't know from experience).
#387 of 739 Old 09-09-2006, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Thanks for this link, PG. I like Kayne the most out of all the desginers (as a person, not necessarily as a designer). He seems really, really sweet. And he is sooo cute too!

He mentioned they taped the entire competition (minus fashion week) in 5 1/2 weeks?!?! Is that all?!?! Wow, then Laura really did pop out almost overnight. However, this is her 6th child. I've heard you show more and more, earlier and earlier, with each one (having only 2 myself, I don't know from experience).
Her belly is soo smooth though for having 5 already. Amazing. I was a mass of stretch marks after 1 kid.
#388 of 739 Old 09-09-2006, 01:04 PM - Thread Starter

Tim G. in the previews was sooo funny-he looked like he is not equipped to deal with Laura's pregnancy hormones!
#389 of 739 Old 09-09-2006, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annekevdbroek

Vincent - so glad to see him go. The whole exchange with the French designer was creepy. I mean, seriously - it was so obvious and awful and uncomfortable. I felt sorry for Malandrino having to tolerate that. It looked like she wanted to get away from him as qucikly as possible and he was in her personal space. And, his dress was terrible - boring, didn't fit, glued together (after all his yattering about fit and his couture training), with that doppy flower thing on the back. I already thought Vincent was creepy due to all the "turns me on" and "gets me off" statments, but hearing him hit on the judge in such a completely gross manner really bottomed out my opinion of him. yech.

\
THANK YOU for saying this!! His behavior toward Malandrino was not just boorish, but creepy and disgusting. He is so deluded that he can't see how unprofessional and stalkerish he was. It was so gross I couldn't even believe I was watching it. He was crowded into her personal space and walking around her so that she couldn't excuse herself and get away. It was disturbing to watch. I am SO glad he is gone.
#390 of 739 Old 09-09-2006, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boingo82
This is the funniest blog I have ever read. Make sure you go back to Aug. 6th and 13th - I was snorting and laughing myself into a frenzy. I love the way they make fun of Heidi's clothes. very funny!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page