Countdown to Project Runway! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 739 Old 07-26-2006, 10:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhurst
I think he made the story up. He was so into his fake accent and drama.

I like the sophisicated woman (I can't remember her name), the architect, mom of 5. I would totally wear all her stuff (if i was 6 ft tall and thin! )
I agree-on both accounts. I was calling her Elizabeth, but her name is Laura. She and Keith will get into it tonight-once a week is not enough for this show to be on!
#62 of 739 Old 07-26-2006, 10:44 AM

See now I think Laura is a total and complete snot! They way she said" As the mother of 5 children it is a slippery slope in to sweats and minivans!" Beeotch! That made me made, she needs to eat you can see her freaking ribs!

We may not have it all together, but together we have it all
#63 of 739 Old 07-26-2006, 11:49 AM

Quote:
paisley Anyone else notice that they had Santino as a judge? I liked Kayne's gown except for the bottom. There were worse IMO though - Paraguay's looked like an acid flashback and I swear Puerto Rico's was made of slinkys.
Yes!! I totally saw Santino & was coming to see if anyone else noticed!!! I thought Paraguay had a 70's shower curtain on.

NBC is also now running PR3 on Monday nights at 8pm. It sucks to have to wait (we got rid of our cable) but I'm SOOOO happy that they've put it on regular tv. I only miss cable for PR3 and old Dharma & Greg reruns.

Is anyone else bothered by the Nick Nolte look alike (I think his name is Frank-the one paired with Angela who made the green space wing dress)? You had to know that pairing was doomed from the start when he didn't even know her name!
#64 of 739 Old 07-26-2006, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBug
See now I think Laura is a total and complete snot! They way she said" As the mother of 5 children it is a slippery slope in to sweats and minivans!" Beeotch! That made me made, she needs to eat you can see her freaking ribs!
I wasn't liking her at that point, either. I have nothing against dressing up, for *others* but for me, geez, I'd be miserable. I am very into comfort.
#65 of 739 Old 07-26-2006, 02:32 PM

All right, I've managed to stay out of reality TV thus far for the most part, but i LOVE this show. (Got sucked in when they had the marathons of seasons 1 & 2)

Angela should have gone for attitude, I hated her video when she kept saying her dresses were mistaken for YSL. Yes, Malan's dress was hideous, and unfinished, but I would have liked to see him develop more as a designer.
#66 of 739 Old 07-26-2006, 02:57 PM

Did anybody else see the casting show? Regarding Malan, they said that this was the 3rd time he had tried out for the show, & he was selected for season 2, but turned it down! Who knows why. The clip they showed of him from his season 2 audition, he was very prickish & managed to insult everybody in the room. Maybe he was trying to cast himself as a villian & this time he was trying to be the emotional guy you feel sorry for. Still, I was loving his eccentricity & I can't believe they auf'd such a character. He said he was born in Taiwan & I think that accounts for the odd accent & so on. I am hoping there is some kind of twist & he comes back as Tim Gunn's wacko errand runner. who knows!
Well, I am readying myself for tonite to be a let-down after 2 great episodes. Angela better come up with something great!
Carry on...
~Maria
#67 of 739 Old 07-26-2006, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiralWoman
Carry on...
#68 of 739 Old 07-27-2006, 02:21 AM

I loved tonight's challenge! It seemed kind of funny though that first they would have the pageant challenge when that's what Kayne does and now the dog challenge when that's what um, Barbie dude (what's his name?) had in his bio video.

I don't want to say too much so that I don't ruin it for anyone who has it TiVo'd. But I will say that I am now *dying* to see what happens next week after the little preview. I swear, I wait all week for PR and then after it's over I don't even feel satisfied because I hate waiting a whole week for the next episode.
#69 of 739 Old 07-27-2006, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Did anybody else see the casting show? Regarding Malan, they said that this was the 3rd time he had tried out for the show, & he was selected for season 2, but turned it down! Who knows why. The clip they showed of him from his season 2 audition, he was very prickish & managed to insult everybody in the room.
I did see that. What a jerk he was! Maybe that's why he rubbed me the wrong way.

Did you also catch that Kara Saun designed some of Heidi's maternity wear for season 2?

Quote:
He said he was born in Taiwan & I think that accounts for the odd accent & so on.
I don't get the whole "I was born in Taiwan, so you know" thing. He could have been born in Taiwan but immediately moved to Bumble Town, NE and spent years perfecting his fake accent while tending the corn fields. I think that added to his fakeness for me - where you grew up seems to make more of an impression.
#70 of 739 Old 07-27-2006, 03:12 AM - Thread Starter

Laura's minivan comment last week didn't bother me so much-but her persnickety attitude about dogs tonight?

the person who was auf'd was so sweet-too bad.

the arrogance level is on the rise!

there were a couple of designs I absolutely loved-esp. the winner (kinda south beach versace-esque, in a good way) and michael's and alison's (they don't get enough attention.) Enough with Keith already-design too similar to his first.

what a cliffhanger-how am I going to make it until next wednesday???? I NEED spoilers!
#71 of 739 Old 07-27-2006, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mata
what a cliffhanger-how am I going to make it until next wednesday???? I NEED spoilers!
my guess: somebody's doing DRUGS! bum-ba-bum-bumb
or having sex or some other verboten thing. But who?????
Secret wish: Maybe Malan or Katie will get to come back!!

ok, if ya haven't watched it yet, don't read!
Poor Katie! How did the wench Angela manage to survive again!?! I HATE her clothes. SO funny how they picked on her "story." If only little Katie had finished her (I'm sure it was awesome) hoodie-shrug thing. Why didn't she just make it work?!

I really had a hard time liking the blonde girl's outfit with the black hose, but just shows I know nothing of fashion. She was pouting when she didn't win. I thought the best dog was Vincent's. Who did these dogs belong to anyway? And could you believe how much they liked that Brad's outfit when he literally thought he would just quit! He was so happy. The collar on his dog was the perfect proportion. Keith is clearly a Santino wanna be. I really liked Kayne's & Michael's.
~Maria
#72 of 739 Old 07-27-2006, 08:52 AM

That blonde girl was pouting, indeed. But I like her, she's a positive person and she reminds me of drew barrymore somehow
D*mn that angela! How does she keep pulling this off!? Can't stand her or her poofy skirts.
#73 of 739 Old 07-27-2006, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PancakeGoddess
That blonde girl was pouting, indeed. But I like her, she's a positive person and she reminds me of drew barrymore somehow
D*mn that angela! How does she keep pulling this off!? Can't stand her or her poofy skirts.
A needs a new look. UGGG. What is it with the poofy short skirts? Has she even worn anything else since this show started? Her only saving grace is she supposedly knows construction, but how the hell can you tell with all that poof?
#74 of 739 Old 07-27-2006, 12:03 PM - Thread Starter

bringing back malan would be interesting. he reminds me a little bit of daniel.
I think the scandal involves copying designs, doesn't it? or maybe something like what kara saun kind of did with the shoes-getting outside help?
#75 of 739 Old 07-27-2006, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danelle78
A needs a new look. UGGG. What is it with the poofy short skirts? Has she even worn anything else since this show started?
yeah those army pants that looked like she peed LOL

I'm Andrea - I have three boys - 12 year old twins & an 11 year old

#76 of 739 Old 07-27-2006, 02:19 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by flminivanmama
yeah those army pants that looked like she peed LOL
i saw that too!
#77 of 739 Old 07-27-2006, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mata
bringing back malan would be interesting. he reminds me a little bit of daniel.
I think the scandal involves copying designs, doesn't it? or something like what kara saun kind of did with the shoes-getting outside help?
wow, I totally missed season 1, so I didn't know about that shoe scandal w/ KS. Still it didn't get her kicked off, she ended up #2? What about the woman in season2 who made the copycat dress as her dress for the Hilton girl? fascinating...
~Maria
#78 of 739 Old 07-27-2006, 02:34 PM - Thread Starter

ja, the marla/chloe incident. It seems the "rules" have been bendy in the past, haven't they?
#79 of 739 Old 07-27-2006, 02:40 PM
Banned

There is lots of speculation on the internet that Keith is the one asked to leave because some of his sketches in the portfolio he used to audition were almost identical to some runway fashions by noted designers. But, it is all speculation. Can't wait to find out for real!
#80 of 739 Old 07-27-2006, 02:41 PM

My guess for next episode is somebody copied a design exactly.

That's a big "no-no" in the industry, you can get sued. Being from the industry myself, I know that designers get ideas from other designers all the time, but you cannot copy exactly.

Keith gets on my nerves!!!!

I felt bad for the girl who got eliminated, she was so sweet. I think Angela or Keith should have been eliminated. Keith did not complete the project and Angela's outfit was wack.

Oh, and I loved Allison's outfit (the girl with really blond hair)
#81 of 739 Old 07-27-2006, 02:49 PM - Thread Starter

Katherine's got a fun job-I'd love to be part of Target's design team! At age 24, too-you go, Katherine!

were Keith's sketches menswear?
#82 of 739 Old 07-27-2006, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PancakeGoddess
That's exactly what I was thinking! Didn't Vera or Nina make some comment about Angela and her model being dressed the same? Talk about a one-trick wonder. No excuse me, two-trick wonder. I almost forgot about the rosettes.

Maria - I agree about the white with the black hose. But OTOH, isn't that what Heidi's wearing in the opening credits? Sometimes it's good to be out of the fashion loop.
#83 of 739 Old 07-27-2006, 03:58 PM

I wish they would have sent Angela or Keith home too. Angela's sucked and Keith was too arrogant to actually complete the project. He's poopy.

I thought it was interesting the guy who was so ready to quit ended up getting the thumbs up on his design.

I liked Katherine too, but she is pretty young, maybe needs some seasoning before being ready to get in there with the big dogs. Her dress was cool, but I agreed that it was a little uninspired, maybe too simple. It's too bad she didnt put the little hoody capelet with it, that would have made all the difference.

As always, I love : Tim Gunn, he is my favorite part of the whole show!
#84 of 739 Old 07-27-2006, 04:44 PM - Thread Starter

I just read somewhere that Michael's sketches were scrutinized too. I can't stand not knowing what's up!
#85 of 739 Old 07-27-2006, 06:50 PM

I love all the speculation!
warning: complete & rampant speculation to follow backed up absolutely no outside eveidence other than the treasers last nite:
I just can't see it being about someone's audition portfolio, tho. I mean, shouldn't they have caught that before they cast them? I think it is something to do with leaving sequester, getting outside help or seeing someone from the outside. Maybe Laura went to see her kids or something??: I hope it is NOT Michael, Kayne, or Uli. I hope it is ANGELA, bwahahaha!
carry on...
~Maria
#86 of 739 Old 07-27-2006, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paisley
I don't get the whole "I was born in Taiwan, so you know" thing. He could have been born in Taiwan but immediately moved to Bumble Town, NE and spent years perfecting his fake accent while tending the corn fields. I think that added to his fakeness for me - where you grew up seems to make more of an impression.
I agree with you 100%. Except, I've never heard of Bumble Town, Nebraska. Is that near North Platte?
#87 of 739 Old 07-29-2006, 02:03 AM
Banned

I got some more speculation. One of the models from project runway was hit by a car in June and has been in the hospital since. She was on her way to work on the show, in the final 3! Her injuries were serious enough that she had to drop out. The accident is apparently going to be explained on the finale and a different model will take her place.

So, who's model is she? I think she is Kaynes because I saw a picture of her this morning on the internet somewhere in a dress that looked the dress he made for episode #1. I can't find it anymore.

link
#88 of 739 Old 07-30-2006, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chellemarie
I agree with you 100%. Except, I've never heard of Bumble Town, Nebraska. Is that near North Platte?
I guess technically Bumble town is really in WA - I got the name off the wrapper of the Bumble Bar I was munching on while I was typing.

Boongirl, I am using all my willpower not to click on that link!

Is it Wednesday yet? Contrary to what Bravo might believe, I can only watch the reruns so many times before I need a fresh fix!
#89 of 739 Old 07-30-2006, 07:55 PM

I'm dying to see who is kicked off!!!!
#90 of 739 Old 07-31-2006, 03:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chersolly
I'm dying to see who is kicked off!!!!
Me too, but dang it all, I will be without cable tv on Wednesday. Must plan for rerun watching.

By the way, does anyone have a snarky partner or friend who is looking down their nose at your enchantment with this show? My dh, who snubs anything remotely resembling popular culture, is just barely above teasing me about my love of this show. He is bugging me. Anyone else coping with that? I am just telling him to go away when I see his face start to create that sneering look-down-the-nose look. I love him, but he is snob.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page