Countdown to Project Runway! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 739 Old 08-10-2006, 01:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm so glad that Michael finally won a challenge! His stuff has been so consistently good. I like his attitude also.

And as usual, Kayne's dress was sooooo beautiful.

I am predicting Kayne, Michael and Uli for the finalists....maybe
#122 of 739 Old 08-10-2006, 04:27 PM - Thread Starter

very happy to see more of Michael, and that he won, too! I'll make final four predictions-those mentioned above, and Laura. I think it would be between Laura and Kayne for the final 3 spot.

does anyone else crack up at the PR commercials where Heidi lets out that bizarre little cackle?
#123 of 739 Old 08-10-2006, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mata
very happy to see more of Michael, and that he won, too! I agree about those three being in the top four-and I think Laura might be the 4th.

does anyone else crack up at the PR commercials where Heidi lets out that bizarre little cackle?
Oh yea, she's always soo SHRILL!
#124 of 739 Old 08-10-2006, 04:30 PM - Thread Starter

THAT'S the word I was looking for-shrill! eeek!
#125 of 739 Old 08-10-2006, 05:23 PM

i missed last night :cry
#126 of 739 Old 08-10-2006, 09:22 PM

I liked all three of the top designs last night (Angela, Kayne, and Michael).

I did not like the bottom three - I actually throught Kenneth (the twiggy outfit) was just plain awful. Everything he makes has goofy pockets and messed up sleeves. I don't see Kenneth lasting too many more challenges. Bradley's was really terrible too - I think it was much more poorly made than showed up on camera - and the tinfoil shirt was weird. The Jackie-O outfit was ok. I didn't understand why he switched from the blue suit material he originally bought to frumpy dumpy wrinkled linen.

To the PP - Bravo shows reruns all week, and this week's show will also be shown right before the new episode next week. I hate missing a week. I was on vacation for 3 weeks and had to come home and catch all the reruns.
#127 of 739 Old 08-10-2006, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fremontmama
I'm so glad that Michael finally won a challenge! His stuff has been so consistently good. I like his attitude also.

And as usual, Kayne's dress was sooooo beautiful.

I am predicting Kayne, Michael and Uli for the finalists....maybe

Captain Save-A-Ho. :

I would love to see a different design from Uli. Her use of color and pattern is fab, but feel it's all based around the SAME main design.
#128 of 739 Old 08-11-2006, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danelle78

Captain Save-A-Ho. :

I would love to see a different design from Uli. Her use of color and pattern is fab, but feel it's all based around the SAME main design.

I totally agree with you on Uli's designs. I remember thinking, another halter style dress? But the patterns are sooooo nice, it just works.

I must have missed the Captain Save a Ho thing.....?

But I didn't miss the cackling laugh Heidi! Whoa! That cracked me up too
#129 of 739 Old 08-11-2006, 12:43 PM

Someone else laughed at Captain Save-a-ho? I nearly pee'd myself. That was priceless!

And yeah, WHY wasn't the Jackie-O outfit made from that gorgeous Tiffany blue fabric? That would have been so beautiful!
#130 of 739 Old 08-11-2006, 01:43 PM - Thread Starter

I caught Captain Save-a-Ho (Michael speaking up in defense of Angela after Jeffrey reamed her-then he said "not that I'm captain save a ho or anything )

but I missed Robert's first fabric choice-I hope he pulls it together next week, he's really getting beaten up!
#131 of 739 Old 08-11-2006, 02:52 PM

Jefferey is so mysoginistic and no one is calling him on it... first the feminazi comment and then this episode he was saying some nasty things about Laura I think in the kitchen - I'll have to watch it again. Vincent looked a little uncomfortable when they flashed to him laying on the bed - but no one said anything.

I'm Andrea - I have three boys - 12 year old twins & an 11 year old

#132 of 739 Old 08-11-2006, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flminivanmama
Jefferey is so mysoginistic and no one is calling him on it... first the feminazi comment and then this episode he was saying some nasty things about Laura I think in the kitchen - I'll have to watch it again. Vincent looked a little uncomfortable when they flashed to him laying on the bed - but no one said anything.
That is sooooo true. I think that's what made me like Michael even more this week, b/c he was calling Jefferey out on his crap.

Quote:
I caught Captain Save-a-Ho (Michael speaking up in defense of Angela after Jeffrey reamed her-then he said "not that I'm captain save a ho or anything )
And thanks for clearing that up. I didnt quite catch that part. Too funny.
#133 of 739 Old 08-11-2006, 10:18 PM

I agree that Uli will make the final 3. I also think Kayne and Michael and Laura are good bets and ... Bradley was overdue ro be auf'd... sweet but in way over his head.

I am really enjoying this season -- more than last season.

And I have become totally infatuatued with Heidi. I too love her cackle. She is just so confident and sassy and gorgeous. I am so not usually into "model" like beauty -- but she has really won me over.

I think Robert's and Vincent's days are numbered too ...
#134 of 739 Old 08-11-2006, 10:55 PM

Do any of you have little girls? How cute is this skirt!
http://www.angelakeslar.com/collecti...deskirt&cat=12
It's called a "lampshade skirt", Angela sells it on her website.
#135 of 739 Old 08-12-2006, 12:26 AM

OMG! I love Angela a wee bity more - she lives off the grid on a 220 acre organic farm! How cool!
#136 of 739 Old 08-12-2006, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItyBty
OMG! I love Angela a wee bity more - she lives off the grid on a 220 acre organic farm! How cool!
UGG! I feel just the opposite-what an EGOMANIAC. I find her and her site completely repulsive. The garments on her site are UGLY, TRASHY RAGS, and nothing new there. Everything she's done is derivative, definitely not original.
So what if she lives on a farm-I doubt if she is paying the note off what she's making. JMHO :
#137 of 739 Old 08-12-2006, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flminivanmama
YES! YES! YES! I am so tired of his anti-woman campaign! I'm sure his mom and wife are very proud of the attitude he has shown towards women on the show. Geez!
#138 of 739 Old 08-12-2006, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.V. Lowi
UGG! I feel just the opposite-what an EGOMANIAC.
No! An egomaniac on Project Runway??!! Inconceivable!

seriously, one thing about this show that blows me away is how totally cocky every one of those designers is.
#139 of 739 Old 08-12-2006, 01:31 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PancakeGoddess

seriously, one thing about this show that blows me away is how totally cocky every one of those designers is
especially jeffrey when he says he's only inspired by his own work.

They're not all cocky though-certainly not Michael or Uli. And Robert is looking like he's plagued with a lot of self doubt.
#140 of 739 Old 08-12-2006, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PancakeGoddess

seriously, one thing about this show that blows me away is how totally cocky every one of those designers is.
Self confidence is one thing, but Angela takes it to another level. She is absolutely delusional!! Sure, it take a healthy ego to put your stuff out there, but everything Miss Rosette does is a knockoff, and she's just a big poseur. G*D I just can't bear to listen to her spiel.

Jeffrey, on the other hand just makes my skin crawl!!

It's interesting to see how Robert Best is floundering. He was G*D's gift to Barbie, when he started at Mattel. Everything he does is so dull. Maybe this has something to do with some of that red ink on Mattel's bottom line.
#141 of 739 Old 08-13-2006, 01:21 AM

I am so glad I found you all. I absolutely adore this show and I can't wait until wednesday nights.
Gossamer

Before you were conceived, I wanted you. Before you were born I loved you. Before you were a minute old, I would have died for you. That is the miracle of life. ~Maureen Hawkins~
#142 of 739 Old 08-16-2006, 04:38 PM

Have any of you read the producer's blog on the bravotv website? It's hysterical!! He was describing trying to get Bradley to interview for the camera and of course mentions the "squid with no ocean" remark...the whole blog is very funny, unlike Daniel V.'s who makes me:yawning:

Anyway, I can't wait until tonight. I'm thinking Robert is aufed tonight and Michael or Uli win. Of course, I have no idea what the challenge is but what the hell...
#143 of 739 Old 08-17-2006, 03:11 AM - Thread Starter

whoa, I totally did not see that auf coming, and am quite pissed! That person was one of my favorites (considering how strong previous designs have been from them,) and IMO it was time for the other person to go a couple of challenges ago!

but I'm doing the happy dance for the challenge winner!
#144 of 739 Old 08-17-2006, 03:13 AM

Ita
#145 of 739 Old 08-17-2006, 04:40 AM

Quote:
whoa, I totally did not see that auf coming, and am quite pissed! That person was one of my favorites (considering how strong previous designs have been from them,) and IMO it was time for the other person to go a couple of challenges ago!

but I'm doing the happy dance for the challenge winner!
#146 of 739 Old 08-17-2006, 09:22 AM

I think it goes to what a previous poster said about the producers being the ones who make the final call. I guess they think Vincent makes better tv, but I think he is so creepy and strange. He actually makes my skin crawl.

Poor Allison. She was a victim of reality tv I guess.

And even though I thought the newspaper dress was better than Michael's, Jeffrey is such a jerk (and not in a cool Santino kind of way) that I'm glad he lost.
#147 of 739 Old 08-17-2006, 09:47 AM - Thread Starter

jeffrey has absolutely no grace-what a jerk!
#148 of 739 Old 08-17-2006, 09:55 AM

well, I didn't care that much for Michael's this time. It was clearly a top 3, but I didn't think it was any better than Uli's (to my untrained eyes) & she was in the middle 3. Hate Jeffrey as I do (quack quack quack) his dress was the stand-out winner. I love Michael's personality though. I think what won it for him wasn't the dress, but the way he talks about his process. Kors & Nina eat that up. I thnk he might win the whole thing!

On the other hand, did you see how grossed out they were when Vincent was talking about how his dress got him off? Bleech!! It was grossing me out too. I kept thinking man, TMI!!! Keep that stuff to yourself. It was like the fact that the model couldn't move made it more of turn on, bleech again!!

gotta run, Maria
#149 of 739 Old 08-17-2006, 09:56 AM

Poor Allison. She was awesome and one of the few very gracious people on the show. No ego...guess that's why she's gone.
#150 of 739 Old 08-17-2006, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoe398
Poor Allison. She was awesome and one of the few very gracious people on the show. No ego...guess that's why she's gone.
hmmm....did you hear that cutting remark she made to the tall redhead (can't think of her name) about "are you wearing your riding pants in case it's horses?" as they left for the challenge? (In reference to her insistence it was horses when they left for what turned out to be the dog challenge?)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page