Forum Jump: 

#241 of 739 Old 08-25-2006, 12:38 AM
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by boingo82
Yes, some of the designers are older and their mothers possibly aren't alive anymore. That is what I assumed.
I know what you mean but my mom turns 65 tomorrow and her mom is still alive. Vincent is the oldest at 49.
#242 of 739 Old 08-25-2006, 12:48 AM

I'm 39 my dh is 41 and both our mothers are dead. My dh's best friend (42) and my best friend (40) also have a deceased parent.
#243 of 739 Old 08-25-2006, 01:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nankay
I'm 39 my dh is 41 and both our mothers are dead. My dh's best friend (42) and my best friend (40) also have a deceased parent.
I did not mean to derail the thread. I just meant that just because Vincent is 49 does not mean his mom has to be dead. Maybe she is just unavailable, ill, out of the country. He is the oldest.
#244 of 739 Old 08-25-2006, 10:04 AM

Robert's mom has had some health issues so that's why she didn't come.
#245 of 739 Old 08-25-2006, 10:31 AM

Sorry to be jumping in late....I've caught most of the shows but summer school had me crazed. I haven't been able to follow it like past seasons though since I've seen most of the shows out of order.

I sometimes watch with dd (she's 4) & the other day some said something about 'being in' and she added 'or you're out!' Guess we watch it a little more than I thought!

I loved this last challenge but agree with a pp that it felt too playground-ish, picking them off one by one. blech!

Laura totally rubs me the wrong way though I do think she is amused that she is pregnant. Her mother seemed pissed that she didn't tell her though. I didn't realize they only taped for three weeks, but some of her kids seem pretty young to leave, but that's just me.

Jeffrey was acting like a total ass! I don't think Angela's mom was being subversive, because Gunn asked her a question & she gave n honest answer. Who knows with how they edit though.

I did think Uli deserved to win. Her outfit was better and it is harder to design for a plus sized person & she totally pulled it off. Michael's was pretty cool too, but again he had more of a typical model.
#246 of 739 Old 08-25-2006, 10:43 AM

To me, Uli is emerging as the most well-rounded designer on the show. She has a unique style, good technical skills, and makes beautiful clothes. I also like that she seems mature and professional.

I hated that the designers chose the moms; like pp wrote, it seemed playgroundish to me. It would have been more interesting to have the designers choose who would design for their family member.

And Jeffrey... ugh. How do people like him get anything done in the world? He's horrible, not that it's his fault. Nothing is ever his fault!

Somebody upthread mentioned being glad they weren't the only crunchier type who watches this show. It's funny -- I'm not that into fashion (my closet is a sea of jeans and t-shirts), but I really enjoy this show. I like that it takes skill and creativity, and that it lets you see some of the designers' creative process. And clothing is a very accessible medium for a show like this, right? Almost everybody wears clothes!

--
Let your life speak. -- George Fox
#247 of 739 Old 08-25-2006, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixelDust
It would have been more interesting to have the designers choose who would design for their family member.
that would have been cool

I'm Andrea - I have three boys - 12 year old twins & an 11 year old

#248 of 739 Old 08-25-2006, 03:17 PM

After reading through PP's, I guess I must be the only one that saw Angela's mom for what she was--a master manipulator! Of all the nerve to insist that she wanted a jacket! I can't stand Tattoo Neck Boy, but he definitely had a point when he said that there wasn't enough time to make a full ensemble with a tailored jacket, in one day. The woman was one BIG poutfest after that and just couldn't be pleased because she didn't get her way. Whether or not she knew that this demand would be mission impossible is up for interpretation, but I think she knew quite well what she was asking for. It's no wonder that her daughter Angela is so stunted and wigged out.
Edited to add-- come to think of it, this passive/aggressive pouting is the same behavior that Angela exibited when she wasn't selected as team leader and had to assist Vincent with the Pagent dress.

On another note, it was very enlightening to see Robert Best's exit interview. He just has not shown his best side in the clips we have seen on the show and this interview explains a lot. I know that the "in-house" Barbie designers have sample makers and lots of time and assistance to create the fashions. Doll fashions don't require as many seams and patterns pieces as full size fashions so. PR or Stunway, as he calls it, requires a whole new set of SKILLS and TALENT that he just doesn't posses. He does seem like a nice guy tho, even if he comes off as a bit shallow. I must say that his BIG GIRL outfit looks just like something I designed and created for my own mother in 1978.
#249 of 739 Old 08-25-2006, 10:40 PM

hey all - just an FYI - Heidi, Nina, and Tim are on Larry King Live right now...
#250 of 739 Old 08-26-2006, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgmom
hey all - just an FYI - Heidi, Nina, and Tim are on Larry King Live right now...
They mentioned that it takes 32 days to shoot a season of Project Runway. Remember during one of the challenges it was Bradley's birthday---was it the dog challenge? Anyway Bradley's birthday is May 25th, so when they were on Larry King, they already knew the winner, in fact they knew who the winner was before they even started airing season 3.
#251 of 739 Old 08-26-2006, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixelDust
Somebody upthread mentioned being glad they weren't the only crunchier type who watches this show. It's funny -- I'm not that into fashion (my closet is a sea of jeans and t-shirts), but I really enjoy this show.
Me too. I really have no interest in fashion. I'm more than happy to have opinions about the outfits but I don't know a bit about the process and I'd never wear a single thing I've seen. Mostly, I think the show is great because the personalities are so out there.
#252 of 739 Old 08-27-2006, 12:30 AM

Actually, I think they already know who the top 4 are - they film the second to last (or there abouts) episode right before fashion week, then the fashion week episode and conclusion. We'll see those about on time. Fashion week is Sept 8-15 or something like that.... After they get down to 4 contestants they send them all home for several months to work on their collections for fashion week so there has to be a time gap between filming the first part of the series and the finale.
#253 of 739 Old 08-27-2006, 12:50 AM

ok, I am rooting for Michael to win, he just has the best attitude. I hope the top 3 are: Michael, Uli, & Kayne, with Angela or Laura as the decoy.

I think Angela's mom probably makes trouble as a way of life, but I totally fault Jeffrey for being incredibly unprofessional. He wasn't tactful from the git go. If he thought she was seriously out to sink him, he should have killed with kindness & gotten away from her & made something undeniably great. He admitted he had no idea how to design for plus size & knew he was in the weeds & just took it out on her. I don't think she was being 100% calculating, bcz then why would she whine & cry to Angela & take time/energy away from Angela's design.

Have any of you seen the cover of EW? Tim & Heidi, Tim is in front of her & he is looking so hot. Looking forward to next week's of course. Carry on ~Maria
#254 of 739 Old 08-27-2006, 01:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganaga
in fact they knew who the winner was before they even started airing season 3.
Are you sure about that? They do give the top 3 at least a few months to get their collection together. So, if they were filming in late May, then they had to take at least a few months off for the designers to do their collections. They had already missed Olympus Fashion week for fall collections (February) so the next Olympus Fashion week is for spring 2007 and is Sept 8-15. The final season 3 show is Wed, Sep 20 10:00 PM so it stands to reason that they do not as of now know the winner, that it will be sorted out during the week of 9/8-15 or later.
#255 of 739 Old 08-27-2006, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boongirl
They do give the top 3 at least a few months to get their collection together. So, if they were filming in late May, then they had to take at least a few months off for the designers to do their collections. the next Olympus Fashion week is for spring 2007 and is Sept 8-15. The final season 3 show is Wed, Sep 20 10:00 PM so it stands to reason that they do not as of now know the winner, that it will be sorted out during the week of 9/8-15 or later.
You guys are right, at the time of the Larry King show they knew who the top 3 were...and another thing they mentioned on Larry King was that viewers have a say who wins...does that mean we get to vote on who of the final 3 we like the best?
#256 of 739 Old 08-27-2006, 03:30 PM

Ok, I am officially rooting for Kayne. Michael is great and has a good attitude, but Kayne's designs are more interesting, and I just like him the most!

I think this is my new second-favorite reality show. (30 days is the best)
#257 of 739 Old 08-27-2006, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PancakeGoddess
Ok, I am officially rooting for Kayne. Michael is great and has a good attitude, but Kayne's designs are more interesting, and I just like him the most!

I think this is my new second-favorite reality show. (30 days is the best)
Kayne kind of creps me out for some reason though his designs are good. I do really like Michael and Uli's work.

and 30 days is awesome!! I love Morgan Spurlock, even with that crazy mustache & sideburns (I'm not one for facial hair). Is there a thread around here for 30 days...
#258 of 739 Old 08-27-2006, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoe398
Anyone catch the pre-show? I also enjoyed seeing what some of the past designers are doing these days!
I haven't paid much attention to the new runway shows because there are no others compared to jay Mccarroll. I even made a packpack for my 5 yr old for kindergarten that is Jay inspired (complete with bulleyes)!
#259 of 739 Old 08-28-2006, 07:43 PM

My top three would include Michael and Uli and ummm.... not Angela, not Jeffery (though I sort of like some of his stuff), not Vincent. I think probably Kayne or Laura - a toss up for me.

Oh and this is my favorite PR blog, for those of you who are interested:

http://fourfour.typepad.com/fourfour...tter.html#more
#260 of 739 Old 08-28-2006, 08:40 PM

:

loving that blog, thanks anne
#261 of 739 Old 08-28-2006, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annekevdbroek
Oh and this is my favorite PR blog, for those of you who are interested:

http://fourfour.typepad.com/fourfour...tter.html#more

Golly, this blog was hy-larious!! Thank you for sharing.
#262 of 739 Old 08-28-2006, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PancakeGoddess
:

loving that blog, thanks anne
: I especially love the photoshopping - hilarious!!
#263 of 739 Old 08-28-2006, 09:01 PM

That blog was hilarious! I love the bit with Michael Kors and his mom where they switched their heads!

And the grin myself a headache, that was too cute. I loved that when I saw the show too.
#264 of 739 Old 08-28-2006, 09:59 PM

I have to go back and read the other PR posts now.
#265 of 739 Old 08-28-2006, 11:17 PM

Omg. That blog is seriously making my day.

"Gay lastima!"

"Ponies!"

GAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!
#266 of 739 Old 08-29-2006, 02:42 PM

Great blog!! I just laughed until I snorted Mt Dew up my nose. (ouch!)
#267 of 739 Old 08-29-2006, 10:28 PM

#268 of 739 Old 08-30-2006, 02:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.V. Lowi
Golly, this blog was hy-larious!! Thank you for sharing.
"This makes me grin myself a headache!"

I cannot imagine how much time it took to make this! What a dedicated fan. Maybe photoshop is so easy it doesn't take long?
#269 of 739 Old 08-30-2006, 01:01 PM - Thread Starter

so I wake up, achey and sore from a workout and swimming 20 laps yesterday, fatigued from playing musical beds with the kids last night...

then I remember

It's Wednesday!

#270 of 739 Old 08-30-2006, 01:28 PM

Seriously. I got the sweats and had to pretend to be having a choking fit whilst reading that blog. I can't finish it because my silent-as-a-tomb office is not going to buy the choking bit much longer....

Oh my....

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page