young and the restless anyone? - Page 10 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-19-2008, 09:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I like Gloria, she always has whacked out schemes that never work right.

Allistair freaks me out too especially when you have grown up with him playing John. I really hope they change the story line that Allistair is really John with amnesia or something. Please.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2008, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieMF View Post
Phyllis went to term with Summer.
If I remember correctly, wasn't she "overdue".

The whole John/Allistar is annoying too.

I do like Sabrina and Victor together, she's a smart cookie getting with a rich man. j/k

Aimee Blessed Momma to 4 amazing boys, P ~ 9 H ~ 7 J ~ 4 and B ~ 1.  Happily married to D Living my almost dream life on an urban homestead, hoping for our forever land to find us soon!

Old 04-20-2008, 02:11 PM

:

~Gabbi~ Life experienced by me..... Mommy to 4 chicken3.gif,Furry Babies x 2 dog2.gif,and the love of my life trekkie.gif

Old 04-29-2008, 03:10 PM

random thoughts...

phyllis cracks me up. i loved her reaction when amber and daniel were kissing

i know adam is such a creep sometimes, but i can't help but wish the fam would give him a chance. (but i guess i also wish he would act in a way that would be deserving of a chance!)

the program guide on my tv said nikki was going to dump david today, but i didn't see it...did i miss it while i was playing with ds? i was really looking forward to that! they're a weird couple.

anybody else kinda like it when phyllis and sharon got along? i know it wasn't realistic, but it was kinda nice...oh well.

poor lily. maybe this is how they're gonna get cane & lily to the altar...cane's prob gonna ask her to marry him again (eventually...when she's feeling a little better), and she might say yes because he won't be asking because she's knocked up! they're cute together

that's it for now...anyone else have thoughts on recent events?

Adoring wife to my DH since 9/04, SAHM to biggrinbounce.gifDS(9/07)
stork-suprise.gif due 2/3/2011joy.gif
Old 04-29-2008, 03:43 PM

So sad about Lily and Cane, they are so cute together!! I too think that he'll ask her to marry him.

I want to know what the thing JT was saying about Adam is, something about his past.

And I hope Nikki gets rid of David, he's a trouble maker. But I saw Paul was onto him at Reeds christening, todays isn't on for 15 more mins so I've gotta wrap up my laundry before it starts!!

Aimee Blessed Momma to 4 amazing boys, P ~ 9 H ~ 7 J ~ 4 and B ~ 1.  Happily married to D Living my almost dream life on an urban homestead, hoping for our forever land to find us soon!

Old 05-01-2008, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamsmom View Post
random thoughts...

phyllis cracks me up. i loved her reaction when amber and daniel were kissing

i know adam is such a creep sometimes, but i can't help but wish the fam would give him a chance. (but i guess i also wish he would act in a way that would be deserving of a chance!)

the program guide on my tv said nikki was going to dump david today, but i didn't see it...did i miss it while i was playing with ds? i was really looking forward to that! they're a weird couple.

anybody else kinda like it when phyllis and sharon got along? i know it wasn't realistic, but it was kinda nice...oh well.

poor lily. maybe this is how they're gonna get cane & lily to the altar...cane's prob gonna ask her to marry him again (eventually...when she's feeling a little better), and she might say yes because he won't be asking because she's knocked up! they're cute together

that's it for now...anyone else have thoughts on recent events?
yes, adam can be a creep, but i kinda like him. i think victoria is unnecessarily rude to him. didn't really thank him for the christening gift (which i thought was a lovely gesture). what manners!

so, what do we think of skye? i'm guessing she'll be staying in genoa city (all that luggage!) not sure why, but all these brilliant, highly influential, big-city folk always decide to stay in genoa city (must be something in the water).

it wasn't really clear if nikki and david broke up. he stormed off, tired of her being suspicious of him (for good reason). it's inevitable, right, nikki and victor will eventually end up together?

that whole phyllis/nick/jack/sharon thing is soon going to implode. i say everyone ends up back with their original significant other. isn't summer actually jack's daughter or is that just a rumor i heard?

wasn't too surprised that lily lost the baby. seemed like they were talking up the doctor's appt and the ultrasound a bit much. and then with the names and the necklace. i do agree that cane will probably propose again.

what was with jeffrey walking out on gloria? such a cad. i actually want those two together. go figure. glad to learn, however, that she will not be adopting a baby.

does anyone find lauren as annoying as i do? what is it about her? and have we ever seen little fenmore? at least summer occasionally makes an appearance. what is it with these kids always napping?

that's my nickel minus three.

mother is a verb
I GOT MY vbac.gif!!!

Old 05-01-2008, 11:26 AM

yeah i think victoria's unecessarily mean to adam...i kinda like him too! vicki really annoys me anymore...she's always upset about something...

i think what happened with summer's paternity test is that nick was the only one that saw the results, so nobody really knows for sure. i'm thinkin' it'll prob come out eventually that jack is actually the father.

it seemed odd to me too that jeff just got up and walked out on gloria...wish those two would just make up their minds already!

not sure what i think of skye...that character hasn't really piqued my interest yet...looks like a skye/brad pairing might be in the "cards"

btw, whatever happened to billy abbott?

Old 05-01-2008, 02:07 PM

Lauren is kinda rude, and yeah all the kids man they are always sleeping or with the sitter. What's with that???

Old 05-01-2008, 02:29 PM

yeah, esp lauren and michael...they always seem to be hanging out alone together...i don't know about you ladies, but dh and i don't seem to have a fraction of that kind of alone time!

and victoria wanted to be a mother soooo badly, now she wants to be at work all the time...grrr!! :

Old 05-01-2008, 02:45 PM

What happened to Lauren's older son? I forget his name but she had an older son back in the day when Micheal Romaloti and Cricket were all together and Nina and that story line. I guess they pretty much killed the Nina character for good and the "little Philip" storyline now that they've proved that Philip wasn't her biological child to begin with.

I like how they keep characters young by giving them a new baby eventhough their older children are in their 20's now. They've done it with Phyllis, Lauren, and they're trying to do it with Victoria's character because she should be really getting up there! She's been married about 4 times now and still hasn't hit 30!
Old 05-02-2008, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamsmom View Post
yeah i think victoria's unecessarily mean to adam...i kinda like him too! vicki really annoys me anymore...she's always upset about something...
you'd think after having a near death experience (and almost losing her baby) that she'd be a little more upbeat and grateful and in love with life.

i'm a little confused about something. what exactly happened with nick and phyllis a year ago (i guess when they got married)? today they mentioned a fire and nick losing his memory. also, yesterday sharon mentioned something about cassie. who's that and what happened? i used to watch y&r back in the day, but have only recently started watching it again. most of the stuff i've been able to figure out, but not this. a little background would be greatly appreciated.

mother is a verb
I GOT MY vbac.gif!!!

Old 05-03-2008, 03:17 AM

nick was in a plane crash and was lost in the forest for a long time, cassie is sharons daughter she had when she was a teen I think. nick cheated on sharon with phyllis and she got pregnant. sorry : I'll come back to write more later.

Old 05-13-2008, 01:36 PM

Sabrina and Victor getting married...man do people on soaps ever move fast!! :

Old 05-13-2008, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma2DoubleCuties View Post
Sabrina and Victor getting married...man do people on soaps ever move fast!! :
indeed, that's a bit nuts! but people also age about a dozen years in that many months. i guess soaps wouldn't be quite as interesting if they happened in real time.

so, who do you think will get married first (or at all)? victor and sabrina or nikki and david?

i have another question about past events. what exactly is in adrian's book? what is the scandal with colleen's family? and who exactly is her grandmother? is she on the show? i get that info about jana's past is in the book, but what's the rest of it?

mother is a verb
I GOT MY vbac.gif!!!

Old 05-14-2008, 03:43 AM

Well after todays episode, David and Nikki...

I'm not sure about the book either, I must have missed those few episodes!

But that lady at Restless Style that they hired, the red head. OMG she drives me friggin nuts!!

Old 05-14-2008, 03:43 AM

Oh but I really love the Daniel and Amber thing, they are so cute!

Old 05-14-2008, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma2DoubleCuties View Post
Well after todays episode, David and Nikki...

I'm not sure about the book either, I must have missed those few episodes!

But that lady at Restless Style that they hired, the red head. OMG she drives me friggin nuts!!
oh, i haven't seen it since friday.

i can't stand the red head either. hope she's just a temporary addition to the show.

mother is a verb
I GOT MY vbac.gif!!!

Old 05-14-2008, 04:03 PM

blech bossy redhead is driving me bugnuts! i hope she is gone soon and jack needs to step back and realize the mag is a 4some not just his and everyone should be making decisions. hello pic mail on cellphones? conference calls? dont even use the no time excuse, whatev!

as for adrians book. The info about brad and his mother is very tight lipped. His mother used to recover stolen art from WWII and return it to the previous (Jewish?) owners. when Brad was younger he went by a different name and his family, or rather his friends family (?) was brutally murdered to prevent them from taking any further arts. It was later found that Brad wasn't who he said he was and why. His mother came on the show temporarily as she has been in hiding. After the discovery of the reliquary she went back in to hiding.

The reliquary stuff I believe is the main bulk of what adrians book is about which obviously involves all of the information about Brads past life, who he really is that his mother still is alive etc. Adrian believes it is a good thing to put the truth out but Brad his mother and Colleen fear the worst of what would happen should the book be published.

and I totally saw Karen leaving the show after she decided not to move in with Neil after just getting unpacked. I won't miss her, don't really care for her.

Sabrina ugh. She totally did deserve everything Victoria said at the ranch yesterday. How can she be so oblivious to how ppl see her and Victors relationship? With all the money she is about to have she should go buy a clue.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIBE View Post
as for adrians book. The info about brad and his mother is very tight lipped. His mother used to recover stolen art from WWII and return it to the previous (Jewish?) owners. when Brad was younger he went by a different name and his family, or rather his friends family (?) was brutally murdered to prevent them from taking any further arts. It was later found that Brad wasn't who he said he was and why. His mother came on the show temporarily as she has been in hiding. After the discovery of the reliquary she went back in to hiding.

The reliquary stuff I believe is the main bulk of what adrians book is about which obviously involves all of the information about Brads past life, who he really is that his mother still is alive etc. Adrian believes it is a good thing to put the truth out but Brad his mother and Colleen fear the worst of what would happen should the book be published.
thanks for clearing this up for me.

think i've pretty much got everything straight now. although i'm still not sure what happened to cassie. pp explained that sharon had her as a teen. is there any more to the story?

mother is a verb
I GOT MY vbac.gif!!!

Old 05-14-2008, 10:35 PM

Sharon did have cassie as a teen and gave her up for adoption. at one point nick & sharon were having troubles so her friend (ak spaced on her name but she is now playing donna on b&b) decided to go find cassie. By this point cassie was 6.

fast forward about 9 yrs cassie is out at a party with daniel. daniel is driving drunk, cassie is passanger and they get in a bad car accident, sending cassie to the hospital. there they believe cassie was the driver not daniel and soon cassie dies.

i know there was more to the story but I missed several months of the show before and after cassies death
Old 05-14-2008, 11:32 PM

Quote:
fast forward about 9 yrs cassie is out at a party with daniel. daniel is driving drunk, cassie is passanger and they get in a bad car accident, sending cassie to the hospital. there they believe cassie was the driver not daniel and soon cassie dies.
Actually they thought/assumed Daniel was driving because he was 16 & Cassie was 14. It was actually Cassie driving becuase Daniel was drunk & she knew he shouldn't drive. She lost control of the car. She was in the hospital for a while(in tv time,lol it was probably actually 1-2 days). She left the hospital to go & find Daniel so she could tell the truth(Daniel & Lilly ran away becuase he was charged). When she left she collapsed & landed back in the hospital(she was in no shape to leave to begin with) & then died a few weeks(days) later.

They found out that Cassie was driving not Daniel. Nick blamed himself for the accident because he was the 1 to say Cassie could go to the party(she was supposed to be grounded) & he began to have an affair with Phyllis. Nick & Sharon broke up, Phyllis ended up pg with "Nick's" child, but there is alot of speculation that since Nick was the only one to see the results of the paternity test that it is actually Jack's child. Jack helped deliver her dd in the elevator, they also tried for a long time to get pg when they were married. Plus, imo, Jack is a better fit for Phyllis than Nick is.lol If it isn't Nick's than the only other possibility is Jack's.

Part of the reason Nick & Sharon broke up is his affair with Phyllis, which Sharon couldn't/wouldn't forgive. It is hypocritical considering she had 2-3 affairs while married to Nick.

Cassie was not Nick's biological child. Nick & Sharon's only biological child is Noah.
Old 05-14-2008, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Sharon did have cassie as a teen and gave her up for adoption. at one point nick & sharon were having troubles so her friend (ak spaced on her name but she is now playing donna on b&b) decided to go find cassie. By this point cassie was 6.

Grace was her name

Missed it today...what happened?
Old 05-15-2008, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Sharon did have cassie as a teen...before and after cassies death
Quote:
Actually they thought/assumed Daniel was driving ...Nick & Sharon's only biological child is Noah.
thank you, thank you!

i think that brings me up to speed.

mother is a verb
I GOT MY vbac.gif!!!

Old 05-15-2008, 02:30 AM

Thanks Carrie--I knew I was fuzzy on the details having missed it

Quote:
Originally Posted by allgirls View Post
Grace was her name

Missed it today...what happened?
Yes Grace!
Hmm i had crappy connection to my internet today but the gist of the day was Nick called Jack out on his decision making, saying he was acting like Victor. Jack said it was acceptable to make decisions alone when other parties couldn't be reached to which Nick said that was good and he would keep that in mind when Jack goes a missin.

Nikki and David get married or they are about to anyways. Victoria is upset over the news, of course.

Catherine tells Victor she is happy for him and congratulates Sabrina. Sabrina gushes and goes over Victor barf barf gag lol
Old 05-15-2008, 04:51 AM

I like Sabrina, but i cringe everytime she kisses Victor. Grodie!

Nikki is so dumb. She was just saying that she suspects that David is not telling the truth about gambling, and yet she runs off to elope with him??!!

I hope Lilly and Cane get married. I love those two.
Old 05-17-2008, 05:37 PM

i find victoria irritating too ... it seems that she likes to blame everyone else for everything.

what is with the david storyline? did nikki hire paul to figure out that stuff about him and how did brad get involved with that as well?

i don't like nick and phyllis together ... and where is their kid? you never see him (or is it a her). i still like sharon and nick together and hope that they do end up together. i don't think sharon and jack are a good match either, i find jack creepy.

i agree with sabrina and victor kissing ... yuck ...

i don't get the point of the storyline of gloria and her husband (what's his name again?). it's getting old and seems like their is no point to it.

Midwifery student , Mama to my 4 amazing kids. treehugger.gif

Old 05-20-2008, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandib50 View Post
i find victoria irritating too ... it seems that she likes to blame everyone else for everything.

what is with the david storyline? did nikki hire paul to figure out that stuff about him and how did brad get involved with that as well?

i don't like nick and phyllis together ... and where is their kid? you never see him (or is it a her). i still like sharon and nick together and hope that they do end up together. i don't think sharon and jack are a good match either, i find jack creepy.

i agree with sabrina and victor kissing ... yuck ...

i don't get the point of the storyline of gloria and her husband (what's his name again?). it's getting old and seems like their is no point to it.
cannot stand victoria either! the girl needs to lighten up. i liked her better when she was in her coma (yes, i'm a monster).

and what's with nikki freaking out over having to fly coach. "used to private jets" -- puh-leeze!

nick and phyllis' daughter summer makes an appearance every once in a while, but like most of the children on this show, she's usually napping. i mean come on, are none of the writers on this show parents???

and phyllis has been just down right rude lately. she's passive aggressive with sharon. amber's not good enough for her son. blah, blah, blah. i have a feeling both nick and phyllis' and jack and sharon's relationships are headed for trouble. maybe they'll end up with the others' significant others (again).

i actually really like sabrina, but with victor, NO! i was kinda hoping she'd end up with adam (all that tension between them), but i'm guessing that won't happen now.

not sure what's going to happen with gloria and jeffrey (don't think the writers are too sure either).

i predict kevin and jana will break up (they're no longer in sync).

and they need to lose that adrian guy. such a jerk to colleen.

and alistair needs to go bye bye as well.

i could go on and on...

mother is a verb
I GOT MY vbac.gif!!!

Old 05-20-2008, 03:15 PM

Quote:
nick and phyllis' daughter summer makes an appearance every once in a while, but like most of the children on this show, she's usually napping. i mean come on, are none of the writers on this show parents???
It probably has more to do with the rules on how long kids can be "working" per day.

At least they show Summer, when was the last(first?) time we saw Fen?
Old 05-20-2008, 03:39 PM

Quote:
It probably has more to do with the rules on how long kids can be "working" per day.

At least they show Summer, when was the last(first?) time we saw Fen?
no, i know. i just think it's funny. i also love how children age a few years in just a couple months.

i don't think i've ever seen fen.

mother is a verb
I GOT MY vbac.gif!!!

Old 05-20-2008, 04:36 PM

you chicas are reading my mind! i agree with all of this, except that i'm not a sabrina fan...i don't dislike her i guess, but i don't like her with victor...it grosses me out when they make out . but i think they could end up coupling sabrina with adam...you know the "thin line between love and hate" thing...ya never know with y&r!

and yes, allistair is a freak, and the gloria/jeffrey thing is really starting to annoy me!

btw, does anybody know what happened to billy abbott and mac? i missed a couple years of the show. i asked about them awhile back, but thought i'd ask again for good measure .

User Tag List