young and the restless anyone? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 702 Old 07-13-2006, 08:08 PM - Thread Starter
SLY

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i catch parts here and there, thank you soap net, er soap channel...
anyone else taste this forbidden pleasure?
#2 of 702 Old 07-19-2006, 01:37 PM

: ok, i'll admit to watching Y&R (but only on Soapnet if DD has gone to sleep for the night). Definitely my guilty pleasure. But I grew up watching it with my Gram, I can't help it!

I'm loving the snowflake-making impaired Victor storyline right now. Very entertaining.
#3 of 702 Old 07-22-2006, 07:39 PM

I am loving Y & R these days! So much has happened in each storyline over the past couple days. I am enjoying the Brad/Sharon and Victoria/Nick plots but I am a day ahead here in Canada. :
#4 of 702 Old 07-23-2006, 10:59 PM

Im a y n r fan Phyllis and Kevin are my favorite characters. Cant stand jt and collen. I used to hate brad but now that he is evil that makes me happy. In a weird sort of way. I'm wondering if jack is really the father and nick lied. . . hmmmmm.
#5 of 702 Old 07-25-2006, 11:33 AM

Quote:
wondering if jack is really the father and nick lied. . .
LOL, I was just coming here to ask if Nick did something that made him look like the father.

I was gone for a week. The last I had seen Nick took off. Did he actually show the paper that said he was the father or did he just tell them it said he was the father? I hope it isn't because I like Jack and Phyllis together. Nick and Sharon bug me.
#6 of 702 Old 07-25-2006, 12:02 PM

i didn't see the entire episode, but i think they left it open that Jack *could* be the real father (revealed years later, i'm sure! )--Nick just verbally told Phyliss the news in the elevator.

yeah, i can't stand JT or Colleen...and i bet Brad will end up not really being evil--there will be some boring explanation for all his secrecy. :

My fave character is Michael (I just love him even tho he sexually harrassed Cricket back in the day ).
#7 of 702 Old 07-27-2006, 12:27 AM

I used to watch Y & R all the time. My dad used to even watch it too! LOL With work, the kids and other things I had to stop. I caught a peak of it last week and I must say, that Nick has grown up to be a fine looking man! It was part of the episode of him playing basketball with his shirt off. Ok, I'll stop now!

I'm a single, self-employed, homeschooling mom of 2 great kids. Girl 9/95 and Boy 3/99.
#8 of 702 Old 08-04-2006, 09:39 PM

I love the show. Been watching since I was like 4yrs old now I am 21. I heard that Jack can still be the dad in a soap mag....but I would love to talk about it some more.
#9 of 702 Old 08-17-2006, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly1976
I caught a peak of it last week and I must say, that Nick has grown up to be a fine looking man! It was part of the episode of him playing basketball with his shirt off. Ok, I'll stop now!

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=802589268Blissed out Mama of 4 Peace.gif
#10 of 702 Old 08-17-2006, 10:18 PM - Thread Starter
SLY

Im so glad I started this thread- glad to know I am not the only one with this guilty pleasure.
iloved the old victoria, and cant deal w/the new, shes too pouty. I love sharon, whatever happened to her mom in a wheelchair? she was such a spitfire...
what ever happened with brit getting elecgtrocuted on the stripper pole? anyone remember that? and nikki and that stripper club owner.... bobby?

Sal
#11 of 702 Old 08-24-2006, 02:14 PM

I'm an off and on viewer, but I tuned in yesterday to find out that John died?! Last I saw he was in prison, but fine. What did he die of? And why did they kill him off? Anyone have any scoop???
#12 of 702 Old 08-24-2006, 02:35 PM

John suffered a stroke, when he was prison he was already having vision from the past and stuff. And the writer just wrote him off and he said he pretty much didnt care and it been a nice ride for him.

And to Sly, know her ma havent been mention in awhile and Sharon needs her right now.
#13 of 702 Old 08-24-2006, 03:18 PM

Thanks Kaela! He'd been on the show *forever* - I was just afraid he died in real life or something!
#14 of 702 Old 08-25-2006, 05:47 PM

I was a little confused...while standing in the check out line..I read something that said...Sharon was going to leave the show..or they were doing away with the character or something..I don't remember the exact words..but they made it appear she would be killed by the people holding her captive......I missed it for MANY days and then realized she is out of captive and still alive.
What did I miss with that??

~Gabbi~ Life experienced by me..... Mommy to 4 chicken3.gif,Furry Babies x 2 dog2.gif,and the love of my life trekkie.gif

#15 of 702 Old 08-25-2006, 06:56 PM

IMO there wasn't much to miss with Sharon being found Brad, JT, Paul, Nick & Victoria. Basically Brad killed the guy who kept her captive. The guy wanted some statue thing back. Brad hid the body and they all went on with their lives.

I wish they had killed Victor off instead of John, I can't stand Victor.

Britt and Bobby got married and had a kid together. There was some stuff with a mob or something being after Bobby and then Britt left the show with Bobby I think in secret so they could raise "their" son. I believe the baby was actually JT's though I could be wrong on that.
#16 of 702 Old 08-26-2006, 12:37 PM - Thread Starter
SLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieMF
I believe the baby was actually JT's though I could be wrong on that.
doing a double pump, bear w/ me...

omg! i love it! jts love child! jt dosnt really do it for me.but i like thye love child idea.
#17 of 702 Old 08-27-2006, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieMF
I believe the baby was actually JT's though I could be wrong on that.
i think you are right...at least i remember JT cheating on Mac w/ Brittany and him possibly being the father...

Anyone else think the new Billy is just bad? I don't know if it's the character, poor acting, or what...but, those scenes with Colleen, Ashley, and Jack in the kitchen after John's funeral seemed so odd...what was that comment Billy made to Jack about 'watch-out-cuz-you're-the-big brother'...? Jack kinda laughed it off, but i dunno if it was supposed to be a joke, but it sounded creepy and serial-killer like . Maybe it's just the actor who weirds me out...
#18 of 702 Old 08-27-2006, 10:38 AM

ITA, the billy actor is bad. and i didn't like the new hope either...
anybody else think it's so weird that neither Ashley nor Victor give a crap that Brad (the not father) is raising Abby-i think it's bizarre that Ashley is so hands off-i guess victor could be ok with it cuz of victoria being the stepmom but still, it's strange to me...

as far as favorite character, i don't think i have one, but drusilla is getting on my nerves!!!

Kelly, :Mama to Kevin, 10/1/05 & Seth, 7/7/06. ::
#19 of 702 Old 08-31-2006, 01:27 PM

Sharon is getting on my neveres. Now that she can't have Brad she wants Nick back.I hate how she can sit in judgement of Phyllis when she is guility of doing the same thing. I totally agree that the actor playing Billy is not that good. I think they need to recast the part.I'm happy that Drusilla is getting her back for what she did way back when.
ok I'm done ranting:
#20 of 702 Old 08-31-2006, 01:45 PM

yeah, i'm pretty bored with the whole 'woe-is-me', hypocritcal Sharon stuff...:yawning:

and it *is* pretty far-fetched that Ashley didn't know/care that Abby went into hiding during the whole Nazi art fiasco.

i am enjoying the evil Jack, though! Kicking Gloria out was pretty low. Funny, but low.
#21 of 702 Old 09-01-2006, 12:51 PM

Quote:
i am enjoying the evil Jack, though! Kicking Gloria out was pretty low. Funny, but low
yup. I loved that scene at the door when her key wouldn't work and jack was on the other side swinging his key. Then she turned around and started looking through the bags of "garbage" realizing they were her clothes.
#22 of 702 Old 09-01-2006, 10:28 PM

I dont like the thing going on with Neil and Carmen, Neil already boring and Carmen make it worst. Dru is the one who add the drama and life to those scenes. And Jack is father (in a spoiler) of Physill baby but make you wonder why would Nick lied when at first he want to be with Sharon then ran off with Physill.
#23 of 702 Old 09-02-2006, 12:21 PM

I think Nick would lie because he WANTED the baby to be his and he wants to be with Phyllis instead of Sharon. I think alot of it goes back to Cassie dying.

Carmen has an agenda. She seems to be interested in Neil, but is also playing Jack.
#24 of 702 Old 09-02-2006, 02:54 PM

That make sense at first but remember before he found the results, he want Sharon and they were trying to make it work. She ask him did they want tohave a baby and he said "no". Then Phyllis is way older then Nick.
#25 of 702 Old 09-02-2006, 05:11 PM

I watch the show sometimes. I mostly watch Guiding Light. So it still wasn't determined who is the father of Phyllis's baby? I wonder how long it will take to come out in the open.
#26 of 702 Old 09-02-2006, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GooeyRN
So it still wasn't determined who is the father of Phyllis's baby? I wonder how long it will take to come out in the open.
nope. Nick got the paternity results and verbally told Phyllis the news; she never saw the actual report from the lab.
#27 of 702 Old 09-02-2006, 09:11 PM

Yeah but it soap opera digest and spoilers they saying it not over, Jack can still be the daddy.
#28 of 702 Old 09-03-2006, 01:52 PM

Quote:
That make sense at first but remember before he found the results, he want Sharon and they were trying to make it work. She ask him did they want tohave a baby and he said "no". Then Phyllis is way older then Nick.
Yes he said no, but not because he didn't want a baby. He KNEW Phyllis was pg and that it might be his. He said no becuase he didn't know if this baby was his or not. I do not think it is his, but he wanted it to be his and Phyllis'. He wants a baby, just not with Sharon.
#29 of 702 Old 11-02-2006, 11:18 AM

Did anyone else see Lauren speak out against CIO yesterday? Gloria's so annoying!
#30 of 702 Old 11-02-2006, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unimatrix0 View Post
Did anyone else see Lauren speak out against CIO yesterday?
Wow! Really?! That's awesome. Nope, I've only been catching 5 minutes here and there now that baby's nap schedule has changed.

What's going on with the whole Sheila/Phyliss thing? Like I said, I've missed a bunch of eps lately--So, Sheila is supposedly dead?

And what is the Nikki/Victor secret?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page