Gilmore Girls 06/07 season - Page 11 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#301 of 771 Old 10-24-2006, 11:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeky_Meerkat View Post
I liked tonight's episode up until the last 2 minutes where they were all in the car together playing the radio. It was just an odd scene. Other than that, I actually laughed at parts, which is something I haven't done since the new season began!
I actually liked that scene; I think it was showing that Christopher is on the same page as Lorelei and Rory as far as music and culture goes.

I'm probably the only one here who is okay with Lorelei being with Christopher. I actually like him (now) and think he's a better match for her. They have a lot more in common, like music, for example. Music is really, really important to me, so I just couldn't see being with someone who doesn't know any of the bands I like, or who isn't into music at all, like Luke.

I know there's a lot more to a good relationship than a common knowledge of good music, but I think that's indicative of a lot of things they have together. They just "get" the same stuff. Luke was really sweet with Lorelei at times, but he seemed really emotionally immature, too.

Formerly New Mama to Henry, born August 2005 and Silas, born November 2010.
#302 of 771 Old 10-25-2006, 12:09 AM

You're not the only one, I like Christopher too. I think they're great together.
#303 of 771 Old 10-25-2006, 12:47 AM

I like him too. I just don't want them to be together if the only reason she's doing it is because she isn't with Luke. No rebound Chris.

So what the heck, why were they acting as if Christopher and Sherry had been married? He said "after the divorce" and someone (Sukie?) mentioned his "ex-wife". THEY WERE NEVER MARRIED!!! Please let me know if I'm wrong but I was under the impression that marriage was in the plans until she got pg. Then they didn't want it to be that they were married b/c of the baby and anyway, right before she found out Chris was going to leave her. They never got married! So what the heck??? Is it too much to actually watch the previous episodes and learn about the characters and their storylines before you begin writing for the show? And why did no one catch that (the actors, remainder of what old writers they have, etc.)?

Mama to two boys and a girl.
#304 of 771 Old 10-25-2006, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muttix2 View Post
I like him too. I just don't want them to be together if the only reason she's doing it is because she isn't with Luke. No rebound Chris.

So what the heck, why were they acting as if Christopher and Sherry had been married? He said "after the divorce" and someone (Sukie?) mentioned his "ex-wife". THEY WERE NEVER MARRIED!!! Please let me know if I'm wrong but I was under the impression that marriage was in the plans until she got pg. Then they didn't want it to be that they were married b/c of the baby and anyway, right before she found out Chris was going to leave her. They never got married! So what the heck??? Is it too much to actually watch the previous episodes and learn about the characters and their storylines before you begin writing for the show? And why did no one catch that (the actors, remainder of what old writers they have, etc.)?

I'm sure they caught it. I guess they're just making it out to look like they got married and we never knew about it. Sherry was around for at least a little bit after GiGi was born.

I don't have a problem with Christopher. I have a problem with the way they got them together. It felt like Lorelai didn't have anyone better to get together with, so she went with Christopher. He's the rebound guy. If they had done this in a different way I wouldn't mind. But it's all sloppy.

Probably not a new ep next week since it's Halloween.

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
#305 of 771 Old 10-25-2006, 01:26 AM

Hmm. I guess I just would have thought that it would have been a bigger deal if they were married. Rory would have had to decide whether or not to go like with the baby shower... Ok, now that I typed that I'm beginning to remember something fuzzy about Lorelei telling Rory she'd regret it if she didn't go... But I don't know if that was a wedding thing or a baby shower thing. Ah well, guess it isn't important as Sherry has apparantly moved on anyway

Mama to two boys and a girl.
#306 of 771 Old 10-25-2006, 03:03 AM

More on the spoiler above:

http://community.tvguide.com/thread....09990#comments

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
#307 of 771 Old 10-25-2006, 10:34 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeky_Meerkat View Post
the last 2 minutes where they were all in the car together playing the radio. It was just an odd scene.
I felt like that scene had some serious foreshadowing in it.

Happy family... All riding in the car together... This scene leads me to believe that L & Christopher are meant to be together and will get married.

I was hoping that the Kim's would be in this episode. I like the new naive Laine pregnancy storyline.
#308 of 771 Old 10-25-2006, 12:41 PM

I liked the episode.

I like Christopher too, but I'm not going to like the whole storyline if it's just a diversion until she gets back with Luke. I like L&C, but it's *too* perfect right now.

Actually, I think he and Sherri did get married while she was pregnant with Gigi, but it wasn't part of an episode, it was mentioned in passing.
#309 of 771 Old 10-25-2006, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Actually, I think he and Sherri did get married while she was pregnant with Gigi, but it wasn't part of an episode, it was mentioned in passing.
Yep. And remember Lorelai's parents freakin out when they found out L and C broke up b/c Sherry was pregnant and they were getting married?

I guess I would feel better if there was some buildup at least for L and C. I mean, I'm all for it, but it just kinda plopped into our laps, YK? They shouldve broke up L and L in the middle of last season to start with the L and C storyline this season. I like rooting for a couple. I like the suspense.
#310 of 771 Old 10-25-2006, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlioness View Post
I liked the episode.

I like Christopher too, but I'm not going to like the whole storyline if it's just a diversion until she gets back with Luke. I like L&C, but it's *too* perfect right now.

Hmm..I remember when she was in labor with GiGi she kept asking for her Fiance..I think maybe they got married after GiGi was born..But I can't verify that!

#311 of 771 Old 10-25-2006, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlioness View Post
I liked the episode.

Ditto! You said exactly what I was thinking after last night's episode. I did like the fact that they had a disagreement and that Lorelei got some balls and said what she was thinking to Christopher in regards to Gigi going to Paris. The old Lorelei wouldn't have hesitated (remember how she gave it to him after babysitting for the Gigi) but the situation with Luke has made her 2nd guess that and it makes me sad.

I loved the town meeting- very Stars Hollow and funny, imo. And Michel with the surgical mask in the Inn- it was very classic GG.

Logan on the rooftop- HELLO! I think I am finally fully and completely in Logan's corner. How sweet was that?! I really felt sorry for Rory at the end when she was getting ready to say goodbye- my dh works out of town during the week and i know that I get mopey and dare I say, bitchy, when it comes time to start getting ready to say goodbye. So I really felt her pain.

Is anyone else tired of the 'aerie Tuesdays' with the teenagers sitting around and discussing the plot during the commercial breaks? Ugh- drives me nuts.
#312 of 771 Old 10-25-2006, 02:35 PM

OK, last night's was another stinker, IMO. The town smelling like pickles was great- very classic GG. And yes, Emily's line about Ping Pong was pretty funny. Other than that I found it to be a downer. I want more Michele and Suki. I seem to be enjoying them much more than anyone else.

So, did anyone notice that the hair band Chris was listening to in the car was Skid Row? That's Sebastian Bach's old band, the "old guy" in Laine's band. I thought that was kind of clever.
#313 of 771 Old 10-25-2006, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaksma View Post
Is anyone else tired of the 'aerie Tuesdays' with the teenagers sitting around and discussing the plot during the commercial breaks? Ugh- drives me nuts.
I think that whole thing is so stupid. I don't care what those chicks think about anything. What, they feel like we need someone to explain what just happened to us? Good grief. I just feel like yelling at them to put a cork in it.
#314 of 771 Old 10-25-2006, 07:29 PM

Considering the aerie chicks are all of 15 and I am 31, I wonder if I am not GG's target audience anymore? I hate hearing those girls go on about their "relationships". Give me a break!

Anyone else see commercials for Veronica Mars last night? Was Matt Czuchy (Logan) just in last night's episode of VM or is he jumping shows? I'll be annoyed if the writers do not FINISH his storyline with Rory! Logan and Rory could just have a transcontinental break-up and never see each other again.
#315 of 771 Old 10-25-2006, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InstinctiveMama View Post
Considering the aerie chicks are all of 15 and I am 31, I wonder if I am not GG's target audience anymore? I hate hearing those girls go on about their "relationships". Give me a break!

Anyone else see commercials for Veronica Mars last night? Was Matt Czuchy (Logan) just in last night's episode of VM or is he jumping shows? I'll be annoyed if the writers do not FINISH his storyline with Rory! Logan and Rory could just have a transcontinental break-up and never see each other again.
I think they're trying to appeal to teens and parents..Who knows..They are annoying!!

"Logan" was only supposed to be doing a crossover I believe to get more GG watchers to try VM. I don't think it's permanent.

#316 of 771 Old 10-25-2006, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaksma
I don't like them much, either...I prefer discussing the show w/my peers here.
#317 of 771 Old 10-26-2006, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InstinctiveMama View Post
I was thinking the same thing. Luckily I usually start the show a few minutes after it starts, so I can fast forward those really annoying couch moments. It is so ridiculous, and I do not think I would have enjoyed it as a kid.

The last episode was all right for me. The quirky camera angles annoy me, but otherwise I thought the episode was ok. I laughed at a few parts during the Friday night dinner, which I rarely laugh during the episodes anymore.

I am with the other posters about the Christopher situation. I do like him, and I have always liked him, but I really do not like this story line at all. I think there is too much repetition of them going back and forth. I also do not like the way the relationship started, and I thought the relationship with Luke was just a waste of time if this was the end result.

I just think the writing is so awful and the story line is so silly. I hope that something will change.
#318 of 771 Old 10-26-2006, 09:37 AM

I think the writers didn't necessarily know where they wanted to go with Lorelai's relationships all along -- so I don't know that Luke was a waste of time before going back to Christopher (if that's who she ends up with).

I've always been neutral on Christopher, I figured he was just not in the picture (except when he acted like an idiot at the 'rents renewal of the vows), but I kind of like him now. At least he knows how to communicate, unlike Luke, and he has a better sense of humor too.

Rory as usual bugs me. She was such an immature, petulant thing about the dinner. I suppose it's natural to be jealous but it's pretty obvious that "Bobbi" was older than Logan and probably would not be interested in him romantically at all. It was also clear the writers don't know much about business because all of their "deal" language, plus description of how they landed the deal sounded really lame and fake to me, not that I'm a "capitan of industry" but I guess I've had enough exposure that the cluelessness of it grated on me.
#319 of 771 Old 10-26-2006, 09:43 AM

Yeah, the whole deal dinner was lame. It sounded so childish. Didn't sound at all like professionals who are able to own a company.
And Rory's behaviour was absurd. I mean, ok...I can understand being disappointed about not having more alone time with Logan but she didn't have to mope the entire meal. She came across as a complete bore.
Bobbi was pathetic in her own way. Trying to act all hard and serious "This dinner is over boys" but, to me, she looked like a spoiled brat.
#320 of 771 Old 10-26-2006, 10:30 AM

The whole "stand up" thing was SOOOOO lame, ITA.

Generally it was a very painful scene of actors very badly pretending to talk about something they clearly know nothing about with lines written by someone equally clueless. If they every try to write business scenes again they really need to hire someone who has a clue.
#321 of 771 Old 10-31-2006, 09:16 PM

Does anyone know if Gilmore Girls is on tonight and if it's a repeat? I can't find listings for TCW online.
#322 of 771 Old 10-31-2006, 09:32 PM

Yes, it's a repeat.
#323 of 771 Old 11-01-2006, 02:51 PM

Thank goodness, I thought my dvr messed up!
#324 of 771 Old 11-08-2006, 09:52 AM

Last night's episode was so ugh to me. I can't put my finger on why, but it was so, I don't know, just ugh. I did like Paris and her "it's so easy to ge ton the front page" thing. And the Suki/new veggie guy thing, but otherwise, it was ugh.
#325 of 771 Old 11-08-2006, 10:01 AM

Anyone see last night's episode? So, I have lost all passion for the show. I actually only half watched last night. It is just not the same. My favorite show is now something I just get through.

I hate the way the writer is keeping us so involved in Luke's life. I think I have said this before, but we usually only see a character as much as it pertains to a main character. I mean I do not mind them showing him in the diner, but why do we need to see him out on a date. We never had to watch him on the cruise or dates with his first wife. It just seems like filler. Also, I thought the swimming situation was just annoying. I have no hope left for the show, and barely look forward to it anymore. How sad!
#326 of 771 Old 11-08-2006, 10:09 AM

I didn't like last night's episode either. Boring.
#327 of 771 Old 11-08-2006, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenandavery View Post
Anyone see last night's episode? So, I have lost all passion for the show. I actually only half watched last night. It is just not the same. My favorite show is now something I just get through.

I hate the way the writer is keeping us so involved in Luke's life. I think I have said this before, but we usually only see a character as much as it pertains to a main character. I mean I do not mind them showing him in the diner, but why do we need to see him out on a date. We never had to watch him on the cruise or dates with his first wife. It just seems like filler. Also, I thought the swimming situation was just annoying. I have no hope left for the show, and barely look forward to it anymore. How sad!
:

Luke's fine and all, but tonight's episode was annoying. And his child is annoying. That whole situation is annoying. And Lane babysitting??? What a weird scene. They need to keep Luke's scenes at the diner and that's it and maybe the town meetings.

The new writers really killed this show.
#328 of 771 Old 11-08-2006, 10:36 AM

Yeah, at point I yelled (well, loudly whispered) at my tv "Die April Die!!" I think it was the part at the swimming pool when Luke was talking about swimming lessons and speedos and she started shrieking.

I usually flip over to Dancing With the Stars during the GG commercials and last night I found myself lignering at DWTS a bit longer than usual.
#329 of 771 Old 11-08-2006, 11:36 AM

Completely mediocre.

I still disagree that it is the new writers that are ruining the show. It was quite awful last year as well.
#330 of 771 Old 11-08-2006, 12:13 PM

omg, would lorelai ever shut up?!?! man, I remember the lots-of-talking being funny before but now its just rambling. let someone else speak.

However, the phone call to emily in the beginning was funny.....

we need more scenes with logan. shirtless. no talking. that would greatly improve the show.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page